PDA

View Full Version : Official apologies to the CAA

GoDukes86
December 19th, 2009, 12:23 PM
This thread is for all of the CAA-bashers leading up to this NC game to officially apologize....go ahead, say you're sorry and were wrong. Even if you have already done so on another thread, it needs to be on a single thread. xcoffeex

appst97
December 19th, 2009, 01:23 PM
I'm sorry that you feel deserving of an apology, I'm sorry your team could NOT make the playoffs. But that seems to be status quo for the CAA. No question, the CAA has a bunch of good teams. But they do seem to be 'one hit wonders' No staying power! Richmond did make the playoffs 3 years in a row, heck they even won a championship. where was Deleware and JMU this year. Where has UMissed been since they left Chatty with that HUGE black eye? Good Teams, no doubt, but where are the great programs currently? Boone? Missoula? Sorry Dukes, you get no other apology from me.

AllForAppState
December 19th, 2009, 01:27 PM
I'm sorry that you feel deserving of an apology, I'm sorry your team could NOT make the playoffs. But that seems to be status quo for the CAA. No question, the CAA has a bunch of good teams. But they do seem to be 'one hit wonders' No staying power! Richmond did make the playoffs 3 years in a row, heck they even won a championship. where was Deleware and JMU this year. Where has UMissed been since they left Chatty with that HUGE black eye? Good Teams, no doubt, but where are the great programs currently? Boone? Missoula? Sorry Dukes, you get no other apology from me.

What he said...

Bogus Megapardus
December 19th, 2009, 01:38 PM
Official apologies to the CAA.

I'm a little confused (as usual). Did you mean apologize for bashing the the ability of a CAA team to win the championship, or for bashing its bandwagon-riding fans for starting a thread like this?

paward
December 19th, 2009, 01:41 PM
What he said...

Even though we have graduated and leaving Richmond. I will be around for a long time. Where else can one go to get the best laughs in all of FCS football. You guys are too funny at times and I would not leave this board for all the green tea in China.xnodx

downbythebeach
December 19th, 2009, 01:42 PM
this is getting really old

eagle1
December 19th, 2009, 01:43 PM
You CAA fans are so full of yourselves in your little world so actually I feel sorry for you but not enough to apologize. xlolx

AlphaSigMD
December 19th, 2009, 01:52 PM
Is there any chance whatsoever that if the game turned out differently that all the CAA posters would have apologized for having an unjustified high opinion of their conference?

The CAA had a great conference this year...I don't think anyone would deny that. I really think that most CAA'ers believed (prior to seedings) that it could be an all CAA final 4 (or at least 3 of 4 after the bracket was released). If that was the expectation, it certainly fell short. Overall, your teams did very well and played impressively in the playoffs, but most I think most CAA'ers thought they would be much more dominant in the later rounds based on the impressive performance of WM, Nova and UNH in early rounds. Richmond (the Co-Champ) played tight with both Elon and ASU. Most probably thought Nova would roll Montana - they didn't. It was a close game, and a lot of fun to watch. Certainly nothing like a 49-21, a 40-0, or even a 28-17.

th0m
December 19th, 2009, 02:16 PM
APOLOGIZE!

mlbowl
December 19th, 2009, 02:19 PM
APOLOGIZE!

lmao!xlolx

mtbigdog
December 19th, 2009, 02:22 PM
ok i apologize that only one caa team won the nc . maybe next year they can split the title amongst all of the teams

yorkcountyUNHfan
December 19th, 2009, 02:22 PM
APOLOGIZE!

Now that's some funny stuffxlolx

NovaHater
December 19th, 2009, 02:29 PM
CAA fans said Villanova wouldn't win, mainly Delaware and New Hampshire fans, so if anybody needs to apolgize it's other CAA members, not anyone else.

This belongs on the SMACK board

charliej
December 19th, 2009, 02:40 PM
Sorry Go Dukes 86, but you kinda asked for this.xlolx I at first thought it was a kind geture, then realised who started it.xsmhx

FWIW , I don't know if the CAA ia the "best" conference or not. I think its deeper, perhaps more competitive than most ,but that's just an opinion,nothing else.

Dont mistake that as a lack of respect for the game from other parts of the country. There were some GREAT games this post season, I think thats testament to the quality of football we have here in FCS.

xtwocentsx

paward
December 19th, 2009, 02:41 PM
CAA fans said Villanova wouldn't win, mainly Delaware and New Hampshire fans, so if anybody needs to apolgize it's other CAA members, not anyone else.

Did they say you all wouldn't win? or couldn't win? or shouldn't win?

There is a big difference you know. FWIW I was one of the 37 percent that said you would win.

paward
December 19th, 2009, 02:44 PM
APOLOGIZE!

ROTFLMAO,,,,,,Ok, CAA post #2 headed to smackboard.

crusader11
December 19th, 2009, 02:45 PM
Sorry I'm not sorry.

mlbowl
December 19th, 2009, 02:46 PM
FWIW , I don't know if the CAA ia the "best" conference or not. I think its deeper, perhaps more competitive than most ,but that's just an opinion,nothing else.

Um...I think most are in agreement...the CAA IS the best conference...I just think Go Dukes needs a HUGxnodx Hugs not drugs buddy:)

yorkcountyUNHfan
December 19th, 2009, 02:49 PM

This belongs on the SMACK board

Simmer down now. There were many UNH fans pulling for nova.

I could link you to a bunch of my posts picking nova except for the part that the e-mail machine kicks my a$$

Tribe4SF
December 19th, 2009, 02:56 PM
No question, the CAA has a bunch of good teams. But they do seem to be 'one hit wonders' No staying power!

xlolx I don't usually get involved in these threads, but that's a good one.

Saint3333
December 19th, 2009, 02:57 PM
Updated sig for the CAA chest beaters. Congrats on your conference, but remember one team owns you. See you boys next year.

seattlespider
December 19th, 2009, 03:04 PM

Richmond:

2005 Playoffs Quarterfinals.
2006 6-5 winning season with win over FBS Duke
2007 Playoff semifinals
2008 National Champs
2009 Playoff Quarterfinals

Five year playoff record: 8-3

Or did you set up your argument premised on App St. recent history, making it impossible for anyone to beat it. Pretty shameless. xnonox

Bogus Megapardus
December 19th, 2009, 03:19 PM
Updated sig for the CAA chest beaters. Congrats on your conference, but remember one team owns you. See you boys next year.

This thread makes me even more of an App State fan than before.

appst97
December 19th, 2009, 03:20 PM
Richmond:

2005 Playoffs Quarterfinals.
2006 6-5 winning season with win over FBS Duke
2007 Playoff semifinals
2008 National Champs
2009 Playoff Quarterfinals

Five year playoff record: 8-3

Or did you set up your argument premised on App St. recent history, making it impossible for anyone to beat it. Pretty shameless. xnonox

please, like I said, UR made it 3 years in a row thanks for confirming that for others to see.

Five year playoff record: 15-2 xsmiley_wix

seattlespider
December 19th, 2009, 03:26 PM
please, like I said, UR made it 3 years in a row thanks for confirming that for others to see.

Five year playoff record: 15-2 xsmiley_wix

So you admit your original argument had no merit, then, that no CAA teams have 'staying power?'

SpidersSportsEditor
December 19th, 2009, 03:29 PM
So you admit your original argument had no merit, then, that no CAA teams have 'staying power?'

I know this goes back to the strength of the CAA argument, but it's pretty hard to have staying power in a conference that has sent 10 teams to the playoffs in the last decade. If you want to claim there is a lack of staying power, that's actually a statement to the depth and strength of the entire conference, not just the frontrunners.

Rekdiver
December 19th, 2009, 03:52 PM
I'll apologize when Tiger does....and means it..............

KiddBrewer
December 19th, 2009, 03:52 PM
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/forum/showthread.php?t=67488

KiddBrewer
December 19th, 2009, 03:53 PM
im so sorry i could cry......

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAH you CAA folks are a RIOT!

"we are the Colonial Hensdukesbearsminutemenwildecatsramsspiderswildcat stigerstribehuskiespride........and our TEAM deserves your RESPECT!"

appst97
December 19th, 2009, 03:53 PM

I did give UR credit, would you have preferred that I said UR didn't fall as far, as fast as other CAA past champions?

Husky4Life
December 19th, 2009, 04:18 PM
This whole post is just hilarious!

yorkcountyUNHfan
December 19th, 2009, 04:35 PM
Truly there should be some sort of penance involved

Hoboken Dukes
December 19th, 2009, 05:11 PM
*sigh* another year, another caa champ.

expect another one next season. pretty good chance the dukes will have something to say about it. ball didn't bounce our way this year, we'll get it back next season.

good job 'nova, way to bring it home (again)

93henfan
December 19th, 2009, 06:11 PM
im so sorry i could cry......

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAH you CAA folks are a RIOT!

"we are the Colonial Hensdukesbearsminutemenwildecatsramsspiderswildcat stigerstribehuskiespride........and our TEAM deserves your RESPECT!"

Nice job getting the first team in its rightful place, but we have now shortened the name to Hensdukesbearsminutemenwildecatsramsspiderswildcat stigerstribe. We have petitioned for name changes to Hensdukesbearsminutemenwildecatsramsspiderswildcat stigerstribemonarchs and later to Hensdukesbearsminutemenwildecatsramsspiderswildcat stigerstribemonarchswhateverthehellgeorgiastatesma scotis.

GRIZCLAW
December 19th, 2009, 06:24 PM
*sigh* another year, another caa champ.

expect another one next season. pretty good chance the dukes will have something to say about it. ball didn't bounce our way this year, we'll get it back next season.

good job 'nova, way to bring it home (again)

sigh, another year, another year JMU not playing in the NC. CAA great conference, not all teams are great, like all conferences. Big props to Nova on NC. Typical excuse for JMU, "ball didn't bounce your way..."It's great you support your conference, cause your team didn't do jack.xwhistlexxwhistlex

StrikeJMU
December 19th, 2009, 07:39 PM
:)

Skjellyfetti
December 19th, 2009, 07:46 PM
Congrats to Villanova.

No apologies necessary for the CAA. xrolleyesx

It's apt that this thread was started by a JMU fan. Seems like JMU and Delaware fans have been living off the laurels of their rivals all season.

AGS and FCS as a whole needs to thank App State, though (maybe I should start a thread requesting thanks xconfusedx ;)). If App didn't beat UMASS in 2006 or Delaware in 2007... CAA fans would be more ridiculously annoying than they already are.

89Hen
December 19th, 2009, 07:49 PM
Seems like JMU and Delaware fans have been living off the laurels of their rivals all season.
Uh, yeah. What else were we supposed to do for four months? xwhistlex

Silenoz
December 19th, 2009, 08:04 PM
This thread is for all of the CAA-bashers leading up to this NC game to officially apologize....go ahead, say you're sorry and were wrong. Even if you have already done so on another thread, it needs to be on a single thread. xcoffeex

Worst thread ever. People bash the CAA because of stuff like this.

yorkcountyUNHfan
December 19th, 2009, 08:11 PM

Apology not excepted.

Try again this time with feeling

caribbeanhen
December 19th, 2009, 08:15 PM
and App St can take some credit for being the only non- CAA team to beat a CAA team, that's saying something with 4 teams in

SpeedkingATL
December 19th, 2009, 08:27 PM
xazzxxazzxxazzxxazzxxazzxxazzxxazzxxazzx

charliej
December 19th, 2009, 08:30 PM
and App St can take some credit for being the only non- Nova team to beat a CAA team, that's saying something with 4 teams in

Fixed it xwhistlex

KiddBrewer
December 19th, 2009, 08:55 PM
The CAA GODS - "Get Down on Your Knees and Tell Me You Love Me!"

All Non-CAA fans - "we llovvee you"

The CAA GODS" - You can do better than that!"

All Non-CAA fans - "WEEE LOOOOVVEEEE YOU"

THE CAA GODS - "Okay....I believe you.......BUT MY TOMMY GUN DON'T!" - Home Alone 2

yorkcountyUNHfan
December 19th, 2009, 08:57 PM
"Get Down on Your Knees and Tell Me You Love Me!"
"we llovvee you"
"You can do better than that!"
"WEEE LOOOOVVEEEE YOU"
"Okay....I believe you.......BUT MY TOMMY GUN DON'T!" - Home Alone 2

That was good, right up until the end part there.

KiddBrewer
December 19th, 2009, 08:58 PM
That was good, right up until the end part there.

yea little off on my memory

Old Cat Fan
December 19th, 2009, 09:23 PM

Just think when the Griz and App st. have that home and home series in a couple of years, you guys are going to have the feel of what its like to be in the CAA by beating on each other and not cruzing though undefeated seasons xlolx

KiddBrewer
December 19th, 2009, 09:31 PM
Just think when the Griz and App st. have that home and home series in a couple of years, you guys are going to have the feel of what its like to be in the CAA by beating on each other and not cruzing though undefeated seasons xlolx

you either have a very short or no memory of the socon......cruzing through undefeated seasons......good onexthumbsupx

Old Cat Fan
December 19th, 2009, 10:01 PM
you either have a very short or no memory of the socon......cruzing through undefeated seasons......good onexthumbsupx

Just poking some fun Brewer, I have nothing but respect for the Griz and App St, both have knocked my Wildcats out of the playoffs. I was in Durham back in 94 (before the internet days) when this school from Boone nobody knew anything about came up and won that playoff game in O.T. believe me it still stings 16 years later :( Although met some of the APP fans that day (great people), hope to get a rematch someday xnodx