PDA

View Full Version : Big Props to Nova

GrizzlyBill
December 19th, 2009, 09:51 AM
The Griz got beat by a better team last night. Matt Szczur was amazing to watch. They even had him on kickoffs! I was not among the radical predictors of a Griz victory, but I am very proud of our game. To lose to a better team is no shame.

The Wildcats stood up for the game of football. The NC was an awesome game. I liked how Nova just played ball—no trash BS, taunting, excessive celebrating, personal fouls, etc. Just real football. I would have liked a Griz win, but the good game was great to watch.

It is interesting how the different styles of attack were pitted against each other. Not being very knowledgeable about the technical side of the game, it appears to me that it was not so much a difference in the level of athleticism, as in game strategy and style of attack on both sides of the ball.

I was duly impressed in halftime adjustment in coverage of Mariani—and without giving up anything extra to our ground game.

Great game Wildcats! You certainly earned and deserve the championship. Another great display of the FCS game.

ASU_Fanatic
December 19th, 2009, 09:52 AM
Yeah 'Nova really surprised me with how they just dominated the second half.

tribe_pride
December 19th, 2009, 09:55 AM
Their 2nd half adjustments is what led them to victory over the Tribe in the semis as well.

FCS Go!
December 19th, 2009, 10:35 AM
I'll second that. Well played and class act group of players (and Coach Talley too). Nova is finally over the hump! xbowx

spdram
December 19th, 2009, 10:58 AM
Classy post! I concur, congrats to Nova, way to go out and get the job done.

Griz fans don't hang your head, you have a great team and great program, keep supporting your team -- you are a classy group!

100%GRIZ
December 19th, 2009, 02:05 PM
Hail to Szczur!!! Good Luck on your Promising Future!!! Congrats to Nova & your second half adjustments!!! You schooled us.