PDA

View Full Version : Jacksonville State's postseason ban lifted

JSU02
December 19th, 2009, 08:29 AM
http://blog.al.com/pressbox/2009/12/jacksonville_states_postseason.html
Yippie! Merry Christmas Gamecock Nation!

tribe_pride
December 19th, 2009, 10:05 AM
Congrats. It's always good to see when a program works its way out of the ban. Best of luck next year and hope to see you in the playoffs.

Cocky
December 19th, 2009, 12:16 PM
We should be good again next year but I would have loved seeing this year's team in the playoffs.

GSU Eagle
December 19th, 2009, 12:33 PM
What about Chattanooga? Was their ban lifted also?

Cocky
December 19th, 2009, 09:38 PM
What about Chattanooga? Was their ban lifted also?

I believe so

Buzzcut
December 20th, 2009, 10:09 AM
This is great news! Too bad you guys couldn't represent the OVC in the playoffs this season. I was very impressed with your play.

ThompsonThe
December 20th, 2009, 04:32 PM
Is JSU going FBS ASAP like your President stated? He sounded enthusiastic.

How is your stadium addition coming? No more problems having to rebuild some footers or whatever was there?

Did your QB that transferred from LSU graduate this year? Think he was what, Ryan Perilleaux, which I can't spell.

Redbirdz
December 20th, 2009, 05:08 PM
When the morotorium is lifted in 2011, my guess is JSU will seriously consider moving to FBS to increase the amount of game guarantees, Sun Belt or a newly formed conference.

The new JSU stadium is coming along nicely and will be quite impressive at 24,000 seats and 33 sky boxes. I think all the limestone problems have been fixed. It will be ready for next season beginning with the home opener against Chattanooga.

Ryan Perriloux is graduating and word is a transfer quarterback is coming in from the University of Alabama. We've got a pretty good second string qb already. Perriloux was something special and will be playing on Sundays.

TTUEagles
December 20th, 2009, 06:33 PM
I've heard that a transfer QB from Alabama is considering TTU...Who knows?

spdram
December 20th, 2009, 06:59 PM
Glad to hear you got it worked out, same for Chatty. Many times the people that violated the NCAA rules have left the school and those that remain loyal are left behind to suffer the penalties. Never felt it was fair.

Cocky
December 20th, 2009, 07:28 PM
I'm hearing we may have 7 or 8 transfers this year. We shall wait and see. I hope if we do most have 3 or 4 years left to play as these seem to turn out better.

Golden Eagle
December 20th, 2009, 09:01 PM
Perriloux was something special and will be playing on Sundays.

As a receiver, possibly.

JaxSinfonian
December 20th, 2009, 09:31 PM
How is your stadium addition coming? No more problems having to rebuild some footers or whatever was there?

Coming along nicely now. At least is was as of earlier this month.

Latest Paul Snow Stadium photo gallery, Dec. 9 (http://www.jsugamecocksports.com/photo_gallery.aspx?gallery=54)