PDA

View Full Version : "I Just Don't Get It!"

uofmman1122
December 19th, 2009, 01:21 AM
Today sucked.

It's one thing to have your team make the NC for the second year in a row, only to lose again, but that's not even why I'm so upset right now.

Villanova earned that Championship, and I have no qualms about admitting that they are the better team. You guys played great. It sucks that we lost, but it's a lot better than had we lost to SDSU in the first round.

But I digress. Non-football fans are pissing me off tonight.

Not just any ones, either. The ones that look down on "hardcore" fans of football that put so much emotion into their team's success.

The kind of people that try to "cheer you up" by saying things like, "Why are you so upset? It's just a stupid football game!" or "It's not the end of the world! Stop being a baby! Football is stupid. Why do you get so worked up about it?"

For some reason I've only been around people like this since the game ended, and I can't stand it.

I know I'm preaching to the choir, but it isn't just a stupid football game! It's about glory, honor, pride, happiness, and sportsmanship! It's about the championship! That's the reason I got up at 4:00 am early Sunday mornings in Tokyo to see my Griz play! That's the reason why I joined AGS! That's the reason why I stand out yelling until I can't talk in freezing temperatures hoping that my voice can make a difference!

I'm sorry if this seems dumb or foolish, but I'm so frustrated about this that I don't even care we lost anymore. I'd much rather face 1,000 CAA fans giving my team crap about losing for the second straight year in the chipper than deal with these blowhards.

At least the fans get it. xnonono2x

th0m
December 19th, 2009, 02:12 AM
Losing sucks now, but in a couple of days or weeks or months (or maybe now already), you'll be proud of how far your Griz have come. But that doesn't soften the blow right now.

vettert49
December 19th, 2009, 02:19 AM
Agreed! I'm still proud right now, only 1 other team in the FCS made it to the championship game this year.

Go Griz in 2010!

uofmman1122
December 19th, 2009, 02:21 AM
Well, the sun will come up, and in a week and a half, I'll be back in Japan for a month having an awesome time again. xthumbsupx

But right now sucks. It feels like I've been kicked in the nuts, and then all my friends came along and laughed at me while I was down. xnonono2x

yorkcountyUNHfan
December 19th, 2009, 07:15 AM
Well, the sun will come up, and in a week and a half, I'll be back in Japan for a month having an awesome time again. xthumbsupx

But right now sucks. It feels like I've been kicked in the nuts, and then all my friends came along and laughed at me while I was down. xnonono2x

If someone trys to cheer you up just punch them square in the face...it'll make you feel better

and hope the Judge IS a football fan.

MR. CHICKEN
December 19th, 2009, 07:32 AM
Today sucked.

It's one thing to have your team make the NC for the second year in a row, only to lose again, but that's not even why I'm so upset right now.

Villanova earned that Championship, and I have no qualms about admitting that they are the better team. You guys played great. It sucks that we lost, but it's a lot better than had we lost to SDSU in the first round.

Not just any ones, either. The ones that look down on "hardcore" fans of football that put so much emotion into their team's success.

The kind of people that try to "cheer you up" by saying things like, "Why are you so upset? It's just a stupid football game!" or "It's not the end of the world! Stop being a baby! Football is stupid. Why do you get so worked up about it?"

For some reason I've only been around people like this since the game ended, and I can't stand it.

I know I'm preaching to the choir, but it isn't just a stupid football game! It's about glory, honor, pride, happiness, and sportsmanship! It's about the championship! That's the reason I got up at 4:00 am early Sunday mornings in Tokyo to see my Griz play! That's the reason why I joined AGS! That's the reason why I stand out yelling until I can't talk in freezing temperatures hoping that my voice can make a difference!

I'm sorry if this seems dumb or foolish, but I'm so frustrated about this that I don't even care we lost anymore. I'd much rather face 1,000 CAA fans giving my team crap about losing for the second straight year in the chipper than deal with these blowhards.

OKAY.......HERE IT COMES.......BRAWK!.......NAH...AH JES' CAIN'T DO IT...xsmhx.......FEEL YER GUT WRENCHIN' PAIN.....EVERAH-THING YA MENTION....IS LIKE DEJA-VU.......AWK!

SORRAH GRIZZWOLD.....(FO' DUH IMAGE)....COODN'T LET YA OFF...xrotatehx...DAT EASY!

UNH SUPERFAN
December 19th, 2009, 07:39 AM
Lots of people who are not athletes or who have never played or been around the game don't understand the passion people have for football. It needs to be played, coached, and followed by its fans at 150% effort and that requires one to dare to put his emotions at risk, so that when you lose it can be devestating. When we lost to UNI in the quarterfinals in 2005 I was down for a couple months it felt that bad.

I would try to associate with those that care about the sport, or lie to people when they ask you what's wrong!

MR. CHICKEN
December 19th, 2009, 07:56 AM
WHEN DELAWARE....LOST......MONDAYS......WERE UH DRAG AT WORK.....WE'D GATHERAH AT DUH COFFEE POT.......CRY ON SHOULDERS.....SHAKE OURAH HEADS.......SAY STUFF LIKE..."TURN DUH PAGE TUBBY"......"KEELER YOU SUCK"......."POUR 'NOTHERAH STIFF ONE...KEMPSKI"......."WHO DUH HELL....CALLED DUH PLAYS".......OH WELL......LEAST WE BEAT UMA$$.....WEAH.....ALWAYS BEAT UMA$$.......xnodx.....BRAWK!

Umass74
December 19th, 2009, 08:03 AM
I feel your pain---and I'm not being sarcastic.

Ending a terrific season with a loss hurts. After a marathon 12-hour flight to see the 2006 Championship game, it really hurt to see UMass loose. After a while you'll see how much your team accomplished this year. It was a great effort.

93henfan
December 19th, 2009, 08:05 AM
Welcome to the life of a Philadelphia Eagles/Cleveland Browns/Detroit Lions fan.

Hey, look on the bright side. At least you've won it all, not once but twice, in the past fifteen years.

As an Eagles fan (especially when I was attending UD and surrounded by Giants, Redskins, and Cowboys fans), I got to watch the Giants ('90), Redskins ('91), and Cowboys ('92) win the Superbowl. That sucked.

kdinva
December 19th, 2009, 08:10 AM
Lots of people who are not athletes or who have never played or been around the game don't understand the passion people have for football. It needs to be played, coached, and followed by its fans at 150% effort and that requires one to dare to put his emotions at risk......

AMEN!xbowx.........a lot of these types show up in Lexington 5 Saturdays each year.

MR. CHICKEN
December 19th, 2009, 08:15 AM
AN' IN '07.......WHEN DUH MOUSEKETEERS....HOGGED ALL DUH TICKETS....DEY PLAYED FRIDAY NIGHT....GOT UH HEAD START ON 'EM........DELAWARE WAS OUT NUMBERED....(THINK CUSTER'S LAST STAND).........WE WERE SETTIN' UH ROW IN FRONT UH APPY FANS......AN' HAD TA ENDURE...DUH QUIPS....FROM SAID FANS......."YA'LL WANNA PIECE UH DUH ROCK"......."WE KNOWS YA'LL'S GOOD....OR YA WOODN'T BE HEAH".......AN' WHEN ONE O' OURAH LITTLE DELAWARE DARLIN'S TURNED.....STARED 'EM FACE TA FACE.....AN' SAID....."LEAST WE GET AN EDUCATION AT DELAWARE"........ONE O' DEM MOUNTAIN GOATS REPLIED......"HONEY...DIS AIN'T NO SCIENCE BOWL".......DOSE TAUNTS HUNG WHIFF US......FO' ALL DAT 800 MILE..12 HOURAH...BUS RIDE..FROM HELL...xpissedx....DOODLE-DOO!

93henfan
December 19th, 2009, 08:36 AM
AN' WHEN ONE O' OURAH LITTLE DELAWARE DARLIN'S TURNED.....STARED 'EM FACE TA FACE.....AN' SAID....."LEAST WE GET AN EDUCATION AT DELAWARE"........ONE O' DEM MOUNTAIN GOATS REPLIED......"HONEY...DIS AIN'T NO SCIENCE BOWL".......DOSE TAUNTS HUNG WHIFF US......FO' ALL DAT 800 MILE..12 HOURAH...BUS RIDE..FROM HELL...xpissedx....DOODLE-DOO!

She's lucky she wasn't hit with a mason jar half full of 'shine. What a dumb thing to say at a football game. xoopsx xlolx

JohnStOnge
December 19th, 2009, 08:40 AM
Some of those people that do that probably cried because Clay didn't win American Idol.

BEAR
December 19th, 2009, 08:45 AM
Enjoy your teams chance to be in the biggest football game in recognized NCAA football....don't get a Buffalo Bills syndrome! xlolx

TTUEagles
December 19th, 2009, 08:57 AM
Some people have no passion...or don't respect or understand those that do... That is what is sad. What fun is life without being passionate for somehing? I sometimes feel like I am the one an only person who cares about my team, and that very well may be true. But, I think most people are simply jealous that they don't feel the same about their boring lives.

Husky4Life
December 19th, 2009, 09:07 AM
My friend said "it's just a football team" when Northeastern dropped the program. He's one of my best friends who just isn't a sports fan at all, I almost punched him right in the mouth. I know how you feel, people who don't get it should just shut up.

SalukiJim
December 19th, 2009, 09:26 AM
Today sucked.

You should tell them , "It's callled passion, you should get to know it!"

MightyMightyGriz
December 19th, 2009, 09:46 AM
You should tell them , "It's callled passion, you should get to know it!"

AMEN! We play on Saturdays so the old guys can play on Sunday, the day of rest. More blood, sweat, tears and team spirit are displayed on Any Given Saturday. It's not just a game, for some, it's everything. God Blessed College football players by giving them us, the FANS!

GrizzlyBill
December 19th, 2009, 10:12 AM
Well stated 1122. It is ALL about the test of men against each other for pride and honor. There is no shame in losing, just less reward. To see home grown kids like Chase and Mariani and all the others do so well on a national field is so sweet.

kdinva
December 19th, 2009, 10:51 AM
My friend said "it's just a football team" when Northeastern dropped the program. He's one of my best friends who just isn't a sports fan at all, I almost punched him right in the mouth. I know how you feel, people who don't get it should just shut up.

Please don't send him a Christmas card.xrotatehx............if he were to have his home destroyed by fire, tell him: "it's just a building".

kdinva
December 19th, 2009, 10:52 AM
Some people have no passion...or don't respect or understand those that do... That is what is sad. What fun is life without being passionate for something? I sometimes feel like I am the one an only person who cares about my team, and that very well may be true......

Jimmy V. said we should laugh and cry every dayxthumbsupx

ASUG8
December 19th, 2009, 11:15 AM
It still sucks right now for me, squarely in the post AE era now....xsmhx I feel your pain.

89Hen
December 19th, 2009, 11:24 AM
I'd much rather face 1,000 CAA fans giving my team crap about losing for the second straight year in the chipper
You've been there. Nobody can take that away from the Griz or their fans. xpeacex

MightyMightyGriz
December 20th, 2009, 10:40 AM
Please don't send him a Christmas card.xrotatehx............if he were to have his home destroyed by fire, tell him: "it's just a building".

NICE!!!!! Still laughing and still laughing. xlolx

JALMOND
December 20th, 2009, 12:10 PM
What I don't get is the people who think they should fire the coach because he lost the national championship game. After our season was over, people wanted to fire our coach and we did. The difference, though, is that Montana won more games this year alone than Portland State did in all of Glanville's years combined. And Montana wants Hauck to leave? xnonono2x

Be careful what you wish for.xnonox

MightyMightyGriz
December 20th, 2009, 12:26 PM
What I don't get is the people who think they should fire the coach because he lost the national championship game. After our season was over, people wanted to fire our coach and we did. The difference, though, is that Montana won more games this year alone than Portland State did in all of Glanville's years combined. And Montana wants Hauck to leave? xnonono2x

I guess I missed that news, Glanville got fired? Thanks for that info learn something new everyday. Hope things turn around for your program. Some love bobby and some dislike him. Thats the name of the game.

Here's what the griz program has going for them and as long as they continue this tradition Griz Nation will remain a tradition.

1. Recruitment if you notice, majority montana born and raised montana boys. Strong, big, fast, athletic to the program. All of them boys will die being a GRIZ. Blood, Sweat, and Tears come out Maroon and Silver. We do not recruit many out of staters or which those that are out of state seek this program and some are accepted. Strong believer in instate recruitment. HEART, MY FRIEND IS A MUST HAVE!

JALMOND
December 20th, 2009, 12:38 PM
I guess I missed that news, Glanville got fired? Thanks for that info learn something new everyday. Hope things turn around for your program. Some love bobby and some dislike him. Thats the name of the game.

Here's what the griz program has going for them and as long as they continue this tradition Griz Nation will remain a tradition.

1. Recruitment if you notice, majority montana born and raised montana boys. Strong, big, fast, athletic to the program. All of them boys will die being a GRIZ. Blood, Sweat, and Tears come out Maroon and Silver. We do not recruit many out of staters or which those that are out of state seek this program and some are accepted. Strong believer in instate recruitment. HEART, MY FRIEND IS A MUST HAVE!

Yes, Glanville was let go the Monday after Portland State's season ended (maybe went over the head of most people, with the first round of the playoffs and the Oregon-Oregon State game going on that week). PSU hired Nevada DC Nigel Burton as a new coach.

As for me, I spent 20 years of my life in Montana (5 in Great Falls, 15 in Billings) so I know what it means to be a Griz. I also know what it means to be a Cat. Although having never attended either school, but having numerous family and friends who did, I was a happy, impartial supporter of both teams, that is until my move to Portland. You are right, Heart is a must have.

MightyMightyGriz
December 20th, 2009, 01:02 PM
Yes, Glanville was let go the Monday after Portland State's season ended (maybe went over the head of most people, with the first round of the playoffs and the Oregon-Oregon State game going on that week). PSU hired Nevada DC Nigel Burton as a new coach.

As for me, I spent 20 years of my life in Montana (5 in Great Falls, 15 in Billings) so I know what it means to be a Griz. I also know what it means to be a Cat. Although having never attended either school, but having numerous family and friends who did, I was a happy, impartial supporter of both teams, that is until my move to Portland. You are right, Heart is a must have.

So is the general concensus yet that people maybe happy with this new hire? I know its a little to premature as usual for a statement or prediction but what do you think.? I have never heard of this guy, I need to do some research on the who for! Good luck!

siuham
December 20th, 2009, 01:03 PM
My girlfriend tries to use the "it's just football" saying at me. Makes me want to punch her in the face...

But damn, when I say "it's just some make-up.." when she runs out of something. Watch for the death stare.

MightyMightyGriz
December 20th, 2009, 01:10 PM
My girlfriend tries to use the "it's just football" saying at me. Makes me want to punch her in the face...

But damn, when I say "it's just some make-up.." when she runs out of something. Watch for the death stare.

Or freakin hairspray, I hear ya brother!!!!! From September to February there's two rules on the field. " ON SATURDAY AND SUNDAY, find a boyfriend if you have to, but keep it quiet and pay the cable bill. xlolx

mtmike
December 20th, 2009, 01:13 PM
I have perspective, I'm a Bills fan as well as a Griz fan.

GOKATS
December 20th, 2009, 01:24 PM

The griz are about 50/50 instate/out of state, same as the Bobcats.

TokyoGriz
December 21st, 2009, 02:52 AM
Woulda Shoulda Coulda....

First half was about the way the game was really set out to be imo. Both teams pretty even with certain strengths.

2nd half nova coaches made some great adjustments, and their players really executed great. Controled the entire 2nd half. Well done.

Griz sucked the big one 2nd half. Abandoned what they had been doing so well in the 1st half on offense. And the bend dont break defense we played all year really bit us in the hinney. We let Nova totally control the clock 2nd half. Our offense got a couple shots at the ball and CHOKED because in part of our offensive coordinator Rob Phenicie being a idiot.

Ironicly even gettig TOTALLY dominated the 2nd half the game was still 2 points. Montana had the ability to pass and make points quickly as they showed with 1 min and sum change. But TOO LITTLE TOO LATE.... Thanks ROB PHENCIE!

Sour grapes aside.... CONGRATS NOVA ! Well played! And your boy Szcar you are a athletic stud! xbowx

Rekdiver
December 21st, 2009, 07:26 AM
If you feel bad, just think how Georgia Southern fans feel after the fall of their program!

Hey Griz, you got a chance to play or the title. You were one of the best. You had a great season. You earned great respect from the rest of the football world even in a loss. Build on it.

odubum
December 21st, 2009, 09:44 AM
I come from a school that just got the joy of experiencing FCS football this year. Before this all we had was basketball. Why I still root hard for the ODU mens basketball team it is not the same as football. Something about football just makes it that much better to be an ODU fan.

Right now I keep wondering when football starts up again.

As for your Grizz, you have years of football and championship runs to loo back on unlike us. I know it is hard to take a loss especially in the championship game but that is still something we can only dream about right now. You at least have a legitimate shot to come back next year and win a championship. For us that is still years off.

CAAisBOSS
December 21st, 2009, 10:13 AM
Just to ruffle some bear feathers... WM/Nova game would have been a better game to watch for a NC game xpeacex

mcveyrl
December 21st, 2009, 10:22 AM
I have perspective, I'm a Bills fan as well as a Griz fan.

Wow. I was just thinking about the Bills. As much as some Griz fans are calling for Hauck's head, Bills fans would much rather have Marv Levy than Dick Jauron...

putter
December 21st, 2009, 10:40 AM
Just to ruffle some bear feathers... WM/Nova game would have been a better game to watch for a NC game xpeacex

sorry, we got a dose of that the week before xthumbsupx You lost by 1, we lost by 2..pretty even...especially considering the Griz were outcoached and outplayed in the 2nd half...if they would have shown up.. xlolx :(

AppAlum96
December 21st, 2009, 02:59 PM

Hell, I thought the App/MU game had more intensity than the NC. That game killed me. But, I am biased, as are you.

Silenoz
December 21st, 2009, 03:32 PM

You have to understand where those people are coming from. He shouldn't be fired, but the heartache of 15 playoff losses since 1993, 5 championship losses in our last 6 appearances, it becomes a bigger and bigger burden each year. And many people, including myself, thought this year was the year. We survived our first round meltdown (on an odd year for once), we produced a blowout like the those of the Read era, and we looked awesome for 20 minutes of the championship. Mariani was gonna produce a performance for the FCS ages. And then it's over. Another loss. I'm super excited for next season, like I always am (is it September yet?), but at the same time I'm devastated, more so than any other loss we've ever had.

UMass922
December 21st, 2009, 03:35 PM
I think the "Buffalo Bills of _____" label gets thrown around too casually sometimes. What made the Bills the Bills is that they lost all those Super Bowls without winning a single one. Montana has lost a bunch of title games, but they've still won two. The Atlanta Braves lost a bunch of World Series, but they still won one. In sports, there's all the difference in the world between winning one championship (much less two) and winning none.

Silenoz
December 21st, 2009, 03:38 PM
Also Jalmond, one last thing; virtually every Griz fan is very grateful for what we have. I mean hell, every single other team of mine sucks. So after every loss all I can tell myself is "at least I have the Griz."

TokyoGriz
December 21st, 2009, 04:25 PM
Lots of people are not calling for Hauck to be fired. We just want him to move on. Which he will. he was offered a 3 year contract last year turned it down for a 1 year to give him the option to leave.

UNLV is rumored to have offered him 700,000 which is way more than the roughly 180,000 or so he makes here in montana. Why not take it if your him? Even though UNLV is a dead end program in a city that cares less about football its a huge pay increase. If he works 3 years before he gets fired it would still be like working 10 years here in montana paywise.

Time for him to move on. He knows it, we know it.

Griz nation does appreciate his efforts. He has recruited well. But its time for new blood. Somone who can take good recruits and win NCs.

Poker Alan
December 21st, 2009, 04:38 PM
Well, I just got back from road-tripping to this game, it was ultimately a very disappointing, but accepted loss. Clearly the best player (possibly two) were on the other side of the ball, and established themselves as much during that dominant 2nd half. Major props to Chattanooga, however, for being such gracious and friendly hosts. Love your town.

catatac
December 21st, 2009, 05:19 PM
Lots of people are not calling for Hauck to be fired. We just want him to move on. Which he will. he was offered a 3 year contract last year turned it down for a 1 year to give him the option to leave.

UNLV is rumored to have offered him 700,000 which is way more than the roughly 180,000 or so he makes here in montana. Why not take it if your him? Even though UNLV is a dead end program in a city that cares less about football its a huge pay increase. If he works 3 years before he gets fired it would still be like working 10 years here in montana paywise.

Griz nation does appreciate his efforts. He has recruited well. But its time for new blood. Somone who can take good recruits and win NCs.

Ha! If only it were that easy. There are way too many griz fans out there with totally unrealistic expectations. I have a lot of buddies that are griz fans... some of them want him gone and some want him to stay, realizing the significance of what he has accomplished there. To the ones that want him gone, I always say "Be careful what you wish for." Because everyone knows that every football program in the nation is one bad coaching hire away from a program meltdown. Winning the national championship is an extremely difficult challenge... obviously. Only one team out of what, 122 or whatever gets to do it every year. The fact that you've made it to the title game as often as you have is incredible. When you get that new coach in there and he fails to make the playoffs (And I can promise you it will happen. Not necessarily next year or the one after, but it will happen.) You guys are going to long for the days when Bobby led you to the playoffs every single year.

GrizFanStuckInUtah
December 21st, 2009, 05:39 PM

I wouldn't take the job at UNLV if I was him, it needs so much work............xnonox

PhoenixMan
December 21st, 2009, 06:14 PM
I know it sucks when you lose, and the further you get towards a championship, the worse it sucks. There wasn't a word spoken among the 4 people in my car for about the first two hours of a 3 hour ride back from Richmond in the first round after we lost. By the next day I was able to put it into perspective. Great season, just not enough to advance in the playoffs. Griz should be very proud of their program and their fans. Great program, great for the FCS.

TokyoGriz
December 22nd, 2009, 12:26 AM
Ha! If only it were that easy. There are way too many griz fans out there with totally unrealistic expectations. I have a lot of buddies that are griz fans... some of them want him gone and some want him to stay, realizing the significance of what he has accomplished there. To the ones that want him gone, I always say "Be careful what you wish for." Because everyone knows that every football program in the nation is one bad coaching hire away from a program meltdown. Winning the national championship is an extremely difficult challenge... obviously. Only one team out of what, 122 or whatever gets to do it every year. The fact that you've made it to the title game as often as you have is incredible. When you get that new coach in there and he fails to make the playoffs (And I can promise you it will happen. Not necessarily next year or the one after, but it will happen.) You guys are going to long for the days when Bobby led you to the playoffs every single year.

Well first if Bobby Hauck stayed in montana forever we would eventually not be in the playoffs as well. Nothing lasts forever even really great streaks. Its a cycle usually up and down a bit. So ya someone might come in not lead us into the playoffs. Then again someone is just as likely to take us all the way. BH has shown his qualities and they are appreciated. But the 3 NC fails really show his limits too. The same with the early exits we have had as well in playoffs during his tenure.

7 years is really enough for one coach IMO at Montana. 20 year coaches arent a great thing in my book. At least not at the same school or with the same football program. I know some will differ on this but IMO every 5-10 years at the most is a good time for a change for most football programs. I know Nova has had Talley for like 21 years or something. But then again maybe it was good for them since they discontinued football in the 80s and he helped bring a sense of continuity when he was there for so long. Montana has been a stepping stone to bigger programs for most coaches since the 1990s. We probably wont get a coach to stay 20 years thats for sure! Even Bobby turned down 3 year contract to go on 1 year contracts for more flexibility and "options". Understandable from a career point but shows that hes not serious about staying in MT for to long.

Anyways Im just saying a new perspective in the coaching staff at Montana would really be a decent thing. Like I said montana has a great program and we arent going to hire just any idiot, and the people hired arent going to dismantle all the great things we have going either.

Just time for a fresh approach to Griz football. Use the positives of the past and build on them with new attitude and approach.

Once again this isnt a call for anyone to get fired just a wish they would move on so Montana Football could grow in new and positive ways as well.

catatac
December 22nd, 2009, 01:50 PM
Yep, one thing Bobby seemed to have an uncanny knack for... was finding a way to win when things didn't go your way. In 2009, your had 4 regular season games that went down to the wire and could have gone either way... U.C. davis, NAU, EWU, and ISU. Bobby got his players to pull out all four wins. Then the miracle of SDSU in the playoffs, and of course App State. You will be in several close games next year. Will the new guy have the same ability to pull out the wins or not? Will be interesting to watch.

grizband
December 23rd, 2009, 02:35 AM
What bothered me the most about Friday's game, is the Griz were on their way to winning their third national title. Its not as though Montana had their assess handed to them by Villanova, which makes the end result more difficult to accept. Too many points left on the field, not enough second half adjustments, not enough time on the clock at the end of the game...

Oh, by the way, congratulations Villanova!

UNCBears2010
December 23rd, 2009, 03:17 AM
If you feel bad, just think how Georgia Southern fans feel after the fall of their program!

Hey Griz, you got a chance to play or the title. You were one of the best. You had a great season. You earned great respect from the rest of the football world even in a loss. Build on it.

Griz don't need to look all the way to Goergia Southern for that kind of fall, it's happened right in their own conference.

From 1995-2003, UNC went a combined 87-28, with 2 national titles and 6 playoff appearances, but since '04 we're 12-55, with no more than 4 wins in any of the last 6 seasons. The football program is now almost completely irrelevant, and it kills me.

Not only that, I'm a Minnesota Vikings fan when it comes to Sundays.