PDA

View Full Version : CONGRATS 2009 CHAMPION VILLANOVA WILDCATS!!!

GreatAppSt
December 18th, 2009, 10:22 PM
Well Done!!!!!xbowxxbowxxbowx

smcwildcat
December 18th, 2009, 10:23 PM
Nova great job you guys proved you are the best way to rep the caa
Im still happy I was there for their only loss vs. UNH ;)

soccerguy315
December 18th, 2009, 10:24 PM
how many Payton votes did Szczur get?

not saying he should've beat Armanti Edwards... but he should've been up there.

HenZoneNation
December 18th, 2009, 10:25 PM
I hope he goes to MLB next year.

BigHouseClosedEnd
December 18th, 2009, 10:26 PM

xnodx

UNHFan99
December 18th, 2009, 10:27 PM
Congrats.. great game

93henfan

If Nova and UD play baseball next year, please, give this guy nothing but belt high fastballs. Beef up his numbers and see him off to the grapefruit league! xthumbsupx

LacesOut
Congrats Nova!!

Outstanding season!

Native
December 18th, 2009, 10:28 PM
Congrats to the Villanova Wildcats. Great victory! Great season! xthumbsupx

Silenoz
December 18th, 2009, 10:31 PM
Congratulations Villanova

It's always good to see new programs win a championship, and that team and its fans deserve it. The coaches and players seem to be good people and they played a hell of a game.

And since this is probably going to be my only post for a long, long time, I'll just get this out of the way too:

Congratulations to the legions of Griz haters. Once again we come up short, allowing you to relish in our misery. Please take pleasure in kicking us while we're down, again.

Now for the mourning

Tod
December 18th, 2009, 10:36 PM
Congrats, Nova! Hell of a game. I felt pretty good at the half, but Nova just came out and took over.

I think I'll be taking a bit of a hiatus, too. No reason, really, to just read the Delaware fans gloating about how great the CAA is (and they are).

Rule of thumb for the CAA; you get ASU, you lose. You get Montana, you win. We really need to pick it up in the chipper. :(

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 18th, 2009, 10:38 PM
They deserved it. I hate to congradulate them but they did bring a title to PA. All i can say is enjoy being #1 now because you're not going to hold the ranking long in 2010! xnodx

paul1978
December 18th, 2009, 10:41 PM
Congrats Nova. Great win.

proasu89
December 18th, 2009, 10:42 PM
Great Win Nova!

uofmman1122
December 18th, 2009, 10:45 PM
Congrats.

JMU-MRD-DAD
December 18th, 2009, 10:47 PM
Congrats to Nova.

KiddBrewer
December 18th, 2009, 10:57 PM
i had my doubts about you, but damn if yall didnt come to play. CONGRATS. and good season!

Grizaholic17
December 18th, 2009, 10:59 PM
Congratulations Villanova

It's always good to see new programs win a championship, and that team and its fans deserve it. The coaches and players seem to be good people and they played a hell of a game.

And since this is probably going to be my only post for a long, long time, I'll just get this out of the way too:

Congratulations to the legions of Griz haters. Once again we come up short, allowing you to relish in our misery. Please take pleasure in kicking us while we're down, again.

Now for the mourning

Or the rejoicing. For once I can say I'm happy this might be Bobby's final game with us...3 times to the NC and 0-3. Something is wrong.

Congrats 'Nova

NovaWildcat
December 18th, 2009, 11:01 PM
YESSS!!!!

crossfire07
December 18th, 2009, 11:04 PM
I was impressed with Nova's run D . only gave up 60 yards.

MR. CHICKEN
December 18th, 2009, 11:05 PM
YA'LL ARE UH VILE BUNCH O' FELINES........BUT YA'LL MADE DUH CAA PROUD....xhypedx.....BRAWK!

GOKATS
December 18th, 2009, 11:06 PM
Congrats Nova!!!!! I never had a doubt.xnodxxnodx

MR. CHICKEN
December 18th, 2009, 11:07 PM
Congrats, Nova! Hell of a game. I felt pretty good at the half, but Nova just came out and took over.

I think I'll be taking a bit of a hiatus, too. No reason, really, to just read the Delaware fans gloating about how great the CAA is (and they are).

Rule of thumb for the CAA; you get ASU, you lose. You get Montana, you win. We really need to pick it up in the chipper. :(

YO TOD.......SE YA SOMETIME IN 2010......DOODLE-DOO!

ngineer
December 18th, 2009, 11:08 PM
Excellent win 'Nova! I picked the Wildcats last summer to go all the way. I hope, for our sake, Sczur goes MLB next year. Our home opener, next season, will be hosting the defending national champions, September 11.xnodx

AggieFinn
December 18th, 2009, 11:09 PM
Or the rejoicing. For once I can say I'm happy this might be Bobby's final game with us...3 times to the NC and 0-3. Something is wrong.

Congrats 'Nova

Yup, it's all messed up, back to back National Championship games. xconfusedx

Awesome win by Nova....they ran all over the Griz. I was surprised that the Griz weren't attacking the Wildcat corners a bit more like they were in the first half. The only time they chuck it up out there in the second half, it goes for a touchdown. A little too conservative in the 2nd half for Montana I think. That said...how about those game conditions...some better weather might make for a better NC game in the coming years.

Here's to you Nova. xbeerchugx The student-athlete isn't dead!

Monarch History
December 18th, 2009, 11:09 PM
Way to go Nova, you guys played a great game. Szczur is a stud and just had his way on the field.

Congratulations to the Griz on a great season. You did your school proud.

Longhorn
December 18th, 2009, 11:13 PM
Congrats to Nova on your first NC! IMO your team looked like the best of a very strong CAA all season, and now everyone knows it. I do think we should all pitch in and contribute to MT's therapy sessions when they see another CAA team in a NC game. ;)

ViennaSpider
December 18th, 2009, 11:14 PM
Congrats NOVA. CAA wins 4 out last 7 national titles.

dukie
December 18th, 2009, 11:25 PM
Sorry Montana. No sympathy. Come play in the CAA and you will know why. Hard forany of our schools to go undefeated with our conference schedule plus a 1A game. Montana gets home field until they lose each year because they don't play a 1A nor do they play any real competition in their conference. They also only play four away games a year.

I have great respect for your fans and you have had some good teams through the years. I just don't like the unfair advantages you have each season. The committee needs to not reward your conferences mediocrity by awarding Montana with the #1 seed and three teams in the playoffs.

JMU would have finished second in the Big Sky this year with a 9-2 record and we were a 6-5 team in the CAA.

Grizaholic17
December 18th, 2009, 11:27 PM
Sorry Montana. No sympathy. Come play in the CAA and you will know why. Hard forany of our schools to go undefeated with our conference schedule plus a 1A game. Montana gets home field until they lose each year because they don't play a 1A nor do they play any real competition in their conference. They also only play four away games a year.

I have great respect for your fans and you have had some good teams through the years. I just don't like the unfair advantages you have each season. The committee needs to not reward your conferences mediocrity by awarding Montana with the #1 seed and three teams in the playoffs.

JMU would have finished second in the Big Sky this year with a 9-2 record and we were a 6-5 team in the CAA.

you sound like a broken record. Stick to the thread and stop laying giant dukes...oh wait. :p
xpeacex

Grizaholic17
December 18th, 2009, 11:28 PM
Congrats NOVA. CAA wins 4 out last 7 national titles.

Montana is the best thing to happen to you guys! JMU beats Montana, Richmond...and now 'Nova...

We're your biggest fan :p

State Line Liquors
December 18th, 2009, 11:29 PM
Congrats to Nova. Couldn't have happened to a more dedicated group of fans.

dukie
December 18th, 2009, 11:30 PM
Sorry if the truth bothers you. It is good to be a Montana fan. Play seven home games and a weak conference schedule. Get three home games in the playoffs and go to Chatty every other year.

I wish JMU had the same good fortune.

Baller1
Great Win Nova!!!! Griz will be back next year... count on it!!

#4 for Nova is a pretty good player btw.... wow!

Go Lehigh TU owl
It is somewhat sad that a school wins a national title but in the grand scheme of things it will go pretty much unoticed. Maybe that will change but as of now i have to believe most people are more concerned with how the hoops team does against Fordham tomorrow.

Grizaholic17
December 18th, 2009, 11:31 PM
Sorry if the truth bothers you. It is good to be a Montana fan. Play seven home games and a weak conference schedule. Get three home games in the playoffs and go to Chatty every other year.

I wish JMU had the same good fortune.

Maybe you guys should step up and make it seem like your conference is weak :p

Totally kidding. I just like prodding the opposition. Griz fans are far too used to this. We beat you last year, btw, in your place. xpeacex

dukie
December 18th, 2009, 11:37 PM
You sure did. Good win. Good team. We helped you a lot with four turnovers. Credit to the Montana players as they created two of them. The other two were just drops. Oh, and our QB had a broken ankle from playing Nova in the quarterfinals. Still, the Grizzlies won and on the road.

Besides the NC games, I believe that was the first road game ever for Montana. This year, App had its first road game in something like the last 19 playoff games for them.

JMU won three on the road in 2004 before the title game. As the #5 team in the country, got sent to Y'town in 2006 and then sent to App in 2007. We only had one home playoff game before 2008.

Do you see why I am bitter?

VT Wildcat Fan53
December 18th, 2009, 11:45 PM

Congrats 'Nova

Man, are you spoiled, ... App State is the team of the decade with UM right behind. But, gotta Dump Bobby right now! He clearly can't coach a lick. xconfusedx

Congratulations to both teams, especially Villanova for the dominating ground game and the NC Win. xthumbsupx

Catsfan2
December 18th, 2009, 11:45 PM
Congratulations to Villanova. I believe they have become only the seventh university to own both a DI basketball national championship and and UNDISPUTED DI football national championship!!!

Grizaholic17
December 18th, 2009, 11:48 PM
Man, are you spoiled, ... App State is the team of the decade with UM right behind. But, gotta Dump Bobby right now! He clearly can't coach a lick. xconfusedx

Congratulations to both teams, especially Villanova for the dominating ground game and the NC Win. xthumbsupx

I'm sorry it sounds ridiculous, i loved the guy...but if you can't win the big game what is the point? We could have tonight, but the right halftime adjustments were not made. I never say this about Bobby, so it must actually mean something. It's been long debated on egriz. Big Game Bobby came through today

Grizaholic17
December 18th, 2009, 11:49 PM
You sure did. Good win. Good team. We helped you a lot with four turnovers. Credit to the Montana players as they created two of them. The other two were just drops. Oh, and our QB had a broken ankle from playing Nova in the quarterfinals. Still, the Grizzlies won and on the road.

Besides the NC games, I believe that was the first road game ever for Montana. This year, App had its first road game in something like the last 19 playoff games for them.

JMU won three on the road in 2004 before the title game. As the #5 team in the country, got sent to Y'town in 2006 and then sent to App in 2007. We only had one home playoff game before 2008.

Do you see why I am bitter?

nope. it's really a moot point. Stick to the thread.

Great work 'Nova.

TokyoGriz
December 18th, 2009, 11:50 PM
Congrats Nova!!!!! I never had a doubt.xnodxxnodx

Lets see were are the Montana State Bobcats today?

Glad to see the Spectors in Bozeman had the class to support a Montana team in the NC. BTW no one cares about Montana other than people that live here really. If Spectors has the class to run a anti griz ad in the local paper in Bozeman montana you gotta wonder about how much they support Montana atheletes. (from everywere in Montana at both univeristies)

Funny thing is Montana State fans spend more time hating the UM grizzlies than they do spend cheering their own team on... seriously this is odd and messed up. Maybe your from cali originally Catfan? Most montana people I know support our state when the contest is not Um vs MSU.

Go back to Cali.

Baller1
December 18th, 2009, 11:56 PM

xbowxxbowxxbowxxbowxxbowxxbowxxbowxxbowxxbowxxbowx xbowxxbowxxbowx

its GREAT for somebody outside of our program to stand up and say that... the "Bobby Bashers" are spoiled and NOT Griz fans and never will be.... Bobby has carried the torch and kept our program at an extremely high level.... stay or leave BH is a VERY good coach!!!

tribe_pride
December 18th, 2009, 11:59 PM

Congrats Nova. Good game Montana.

What I bolded could have been said by W&M fans last week. We were up at half. and were dominating and then all of a sudden Nova takes over the 2nd half.

Proud Griz Man
December 18th, 2009, 11:59 PM

xbawlingxxbawlingxxbawlingxxbawlingxxbawlingx

JMU (and Delaware and Towson State) gets run out of town by Villanova, yet you're bitching about Montana losing by a mere 2 points.
Cry baby pee pants.

Just a question, does Villanova's offensive line ever get called for holding? Just askin?

soccerguy315
December 19th, 2009, 12:00 AM
congrats Nova.

still think #4 deserved some more Payton votes.

SpidersSportsEditor
December 19th, 2009, 12:11 AM
Congrats to Nova. You make the CAA co-champs proud. xsmiley_wix But seriously, very good team, very classy team, they earned it!

DX Man
December 19th, 2009, 12:11 AM
Congratulations Villanova!

jmufan999
December 19th, 2009, 12:35 AM
oh. so. satisfying. nova, way to get the job done and freaking represent up in this mother f'er.

jmufan999
December 19th, 2009, 12:36 AM
and when did people start calling it "towson state"? did i miss something?

09griz
December 19th, 2009, 12:38 AM
Very Very Very good second half, Cats. You really gave us a show to watch. You outplayed us in a way beyond the way we did you in the first half and you really do deserve that win. Good show! We were screaming at the TV for Hauck to call a timeout with three minutes left because we knew that, when you got that last TD it was over if we didn't do something but, just like last year, we got outcoached and, to #4's credit, he outdid our entire team/staff. Really wish we would have maintained in the second half what we had going but you guys killed it/us and got the chip. Hope for a great next season for us and you guys as well. Blow Philly up tonight! Congrats Villanova!

09griz
December 19th, 2009, 12:40 AM
oh. so. satisfying. nova, way to get the job done and freaking represent up in this mother f'er.

Don't pretend to take that win for the CAA. That is Villanova's to claim. The CAA is good, but JMU, UR, UNH, Maine, UMASS and the rest contributed nothing to their win. Give VILL the support and praise that THEY DESERVE.

Proud Griz Man
December 19th, 2009, 12:55 AM
and when did people start calling it "towson state"? did i miss something?

Yeah, I made that ***** up, just like you CAAfans twist your facts. xnodx

VUCats02
December 19th, 2009, 01:08 AM
Here's a good question thought. Assuming Nova will be ranked number 1 in the preseason, does Nova lose the number 1 ranking after losing to a VERY GOOD FBS Temple team???? My guess would be that the number 1 ranking won't last long, but I don't wanna really look ahead to next season yet. Gonna let this one sink in for a while :)

crusader11
December 19th, 2009, 01:09 AM
Congrats to Nova. Happy to say we lost to the eventual champions and played you guys tough.

GOKATS
December 19th, 2009, 01:15 AM
Congrats to Nova, I had you ranked ahead of the griz all the way, and you proved me right.xthumbsupx

KleinTx05
December 19th, 2009, 01:19 AM
Congrads Nova!!! Much respect

bpcats
December 19th, 2009, 01:45 AM
Congrats to the Wildcats on a nice victory.

As a bobcat fan I was rooting for the Montana kids, however when I saw that Bobby went conservative in the 2nd half and did not seem to address what Villanova was doing then I wasn't entirely shocked or dismayed that the Griz lost.

My prediction going into the game was the team that got to 24 points first would win the game. The Griz had their shots to score and had to capitalize on them.

As far as Spectators bar - which basically sits on college campus taking out the ad rooting for Villanova..what do you expect in a rivalry?

As much as Villanova bragged about their defense and that no one plays defense in the Big Sky they still allowed the Griz 420 yds. 60 to Chase and 365 passing. MSU Bobcats held Chase to 63 yds rushing and 260 yds passing with a true freshman and 2 week old converted wide receiver. ( We still can't find a quarterback or offense to match our defense).

Villanova bragging about their pedigree of playing FBS opponents and touting Temple and Duke would be like Montana scheduling Idaho University...does it really count? The Griz are in position where they can schedule home games and have 26000 screaming fans show up every weekend and make money without scheduling up. The rest of the teams in the Big Sky don't have that luxury so we schedule teams like Oklahoma State, Texas A&M, Texas Tech, California, Oklahoma, Arizona and Arizona State etc.

There will always be football in Montana. Can the teams with little fan support in the CAA say the same thing when teams like Hofstra drop their program?

Congrats to both teams on a great year.

vettert49
December 19th, 2009, 02:22 AM
Congrats to the Wildcats. Good game even though the Griz lost. Heres to getting back next January.

Go Griz in 2010!

ThompsonThe
December 19th, 2009, 02:37 AM
Good win for you guys Villanova !!
Congratulations !
A game your fans will recall the rest of their lives. One they will tell their grandchildren about.
(Pretty soon it will seem like 100,000 Villian-Oboe fans were at the game, as they tell it.)
Congrats again, there is only one thing I like about the FCS; deciding their champion on the field. Maybe the other subdivision will get the idea some day.

blur2005
December 19th, 2009, 03:22 AM
Congrats to the Wildcats and Andy Talley, who has been such a stalwart for the program. Thanks for making the CAA top dog once again.

Also, congrats to Montana on a great season and an excellent effort. This was yet another great FCS game to show off on national television.

Henny
December 19th, 2009, 03:30 AM
the only thing is, not many "nova fans" will be here to accept your congratulations. Yes they have a great team this year, but very few fans to enjoy it. They don't see this as a big deal for their school.

09griz
December 19th, 2009, 05:25 AM
Villanova you really did it. Perhaps your program can bring (as your B-Ball team is obviously huge) some attention to FCS football with such a huge victory. Now, Nova is #1 officially and that aside, did anybody notice how/figure out why Bobby Hauck wasn't using his timeouts with three minutes left down two scores? Did any Wildcat fans think that was peculiar as well? Griz fans, what did you think because we were yelling at Hauck through the TV. I'd like to know if anybody rooting for either side has a decent explanation for that...

Minuteman87
December 19th, 2009, 06:09 AM
Great job Nova. Congratulations and thanks for proving what we already know. The CAA is the best in the nation.

mtbigdog
December 19th, 2009, 06:32 AM
Congrats Nova !

RadMann
December 19th, 2009, 07:21 AM
Congrats to Nova! It is true that they don't have a big football fan base unfortunately. UD struggles with this because while they are the big rival, the fan numbers are one sided in the rivalry. Coach Talley is a great coach as well.

RookieWill
December 19th, 2009, 07:29 AM
Villanova you really did it. Perhaps your program can bring (as your B-Ball team is obviously huge) some attention to FCS football with such a huge victory. Now, Nova is #1 officially and that aside, did anybody notice how/figure out why Bobby Hauck wasn't using his timeouts with three minutes left down two scores? Did any Wildcat fans think that was peculiar as well? Griz fans, what did you think because we were yelling at Hauck through the TV. I'd like to know if anybody rooting for either side has a decent explanation for that...

frankly, I thought the grizz did a great job with the timeouts at least on their final offensive possession - had they used some timeouts then, nova would not have needed a first down on that last possession.

What montana needed was to not let nova get that first down on the last possession, but you knew they would the way they ran the ball in the second half

JROCK98
December 19th, 2009, 07:55 AM
Congrats Nova coaches, players and fans-Great Season!!!

Umass74
December 19th, 2009, 07:58 AM
Congrats to the Wildcats. Villanova looked like the best team in the CAA all season, and they sure looked too strong for Montana in the second half. xthumbsupx

MR. CHICKEN
December 19th, 2009, 08:01 AM
Don't pretend to take that win for the CAA. That is Villanova's to claim. The CAA is good, but JMU, UR, UNH, Maine, UMASS and the rest contributed nothing to their win. Give VILL the support and praise that THEY DESERVE.

YEAH WE DID...GRIZZWOLD.......WE ALL LOST TO 'EM........OPENIN' DUH DOOR O' OPPURTUNITY......:o....BRAWK!

Ivytalk
December 19th, 2009, 08:37 AM
Congrats are definitely in order(xthumbsupxxbowx), but to UD fans, they're still STINKIN' NOVA!:p

RookieWill
December 19th, 2009, 08:43 AM
IvyTalk - You a harvard grad living in Delaware? Not many of them . . . Did they move to pre-XMAS finals (just noticed your sig file). When did that happen?

Madisonian
December 19th, 2009, 08:55 AM
Congrats to Nova on a great season and a NC for the trophy case! You've made the entire CAA proud! My hats off to Montana for an incredible undefeated stretch and the NC berth. Nothing to be ashamed of with that season... we JMU fans no what that feels like after last year.

MightyMightyGriz
December 19th, 2009, 09:09 AM
Congrats to you WILDCATS. Good first half by the Griz but a better second half by the Wildcats. One good thing has actually come from this game for the Griz. Wanna be coach Bobby Hauck is leaving. As his quote about his own team " their not the most talented but we are here" proves its all about him and not the kids that eat, breath, sleep, and bleed Maroon and Silver. We will be back in the hunt next year.

Go...gate
December 19th, 2009, 02:46 PM
Congratulations to the Wildcats!!

Anovafan
December 19th, 2009, 03:22 PM
Just got back from Chatty.

Congrats to the Villanova players, coaches, university and the true Villanova football fans. It is a well deserved National Championship. I have been there for 25 years since the first Blue & White scrimmage in 1984. I am cracking my favorite IPA tonight and toasting my Cats. Well done boys.

Rekdiver
December 19th, 2009, 03:54 PM
I used t work with a Villanova All American and wide receiver for the Raiders Mike Siani. I know he's thrilled. Congrats to Nova. You earned it. i hope you can get some more of the rabid fans in Philly to sho up to a game.......

srgrizizen
December 19th, 2009, 04:09 PM
How can any sports fan feel bad that the best team won? Sure I'm disappointed that Montana wasn't the best team, but to say that getting to the NC and not winning it is a waste is pathological. If we get there 7 more time in the next 15 yearts and only win two, I for one will not be bellyachin'about it. Congrats Nova -- now start over again next fall to see which CAA team gets the next shot at Griz.

srgrizizen
December 19th, 2009, 04:13 PM
How can any sports fan be unhappy that the best team won? Sure, I wish Montana had been the best team, but to say that getting to the NC and not winning is a waste is pathological. If the Griz get to seven more NCs in the next 15 years and only win two, I for one will find that quite a bit less than tragic. So, congrats to (Super)Nova. Now go see which CAA team gets their shot sat the Griz next year. xnodxxnodx

Husky4Life
December 19th, 2009, 04:21 PM
Congrats to Villanova for winning it all. All I can cheer for now is the CAA, so my hatred for the Wildcats when I was a Husky are replaced with joy. Congrats to Montana for a great season!

jmufan999
December 19th, 2009, 04:48 PM

isn't that what i just did? i said "WAY TO GO, NOVA". but you're still a little sensitive from last night's game, so i understand you're a little cranky.

btw, and i wasn't GOING to go there, but since you were such a douche about it...

Montana's last 5 CAA opponents, all in the playoffs (record: 1-4):

-over 50 rushing attempts/game
-286.6 rushing ypg
-2.4 rushing TD's/game

next time, instead of being such a loser about it, read what i wrote.

ChopperTN
December 19th, 2009, 05:39 PM
I was sitting in the cold and rain last night as a local fan and did wonder about a few things...

1) Why did Montana not try to establish the run early in the game. The Griz line was bigger than the Nova front, but played dink and dunk most of the night.

2) Where was Villanova's band at?

3) How did Wayne Chrevet (sp.) feel about being the Game Ambassador just days after his Alma Mater's football program was killed off?

I was impressed with Chris Whitney's toughness (both running the ball and blocking when in the Wildcat), very Brett Favre-like (meant as a compliment)

I thought the things that were done in the First Tennessee Pavillion (AKA Tailgate Town) were first rate, (there were a bunch of Montana and Villanova fans dancing to the live band that performed pre-game) and really turned the pregame into a nice little party and 14+k fans at the game when less than 4k tickets were sold at the two schools and on a cold, rainy night did show well for the people of Chattanooga and the surrounding area.

SpeedkingATL
December 19th, 2009, 08:23 PM
Congrats to Nova for winning their first National Championship. Very well played, especially the second half. xbeerchugx

Grizo406
December 19th, 2009, 08:28 PM
Nova played better, smarter, and harder when it counted.

Congrats on a great win, Wildcats!!xthumbsupx

caribbeanhen
December 19th, 2009, 08:31 PM
hats off for Nova, #4 was a joy to watch, never seen him play baseball but why I am I thinking Lenny Dykstra type of player - nails

The QB was also a throwback - a winner and tough, swore he was gonna fumble several time but he tucks it away just in time

spdram
December 19th, 2009, 08:36 PM
tip of the hat to the Villanova Wildcats! Great job! Szczur played like a man possessed, if he does end his footbal career what a way to go out!

To the Griz, great season, keep classy, you guys are great!

Fordham
December 19th, 2009, 09:07 PM
Congrats Nova!!

I can finally change my avatar now.

appsfan
December 20th, 2009, 11:27 AM
Congrats to the Wildcats on their hard fought and well deserved championship.

Ram Ball
December 20th, 2009, 12:25 PM
Congrats to Nova and their fans...

NovaHater
December 20th, 2009, 01:30 PM
A National Championship Trophy in Football

A National Championship Trophy in Basketball

Not many other schools can say that, and before Delaware fans chime in about it being 1985, where's yours ?

GrizDen
December 20th, 2009, 03:52 PM
Congrats Nova. I, like many Griz fans thought we had another trophy coming back to Montana when the score was 14-3. But to see your team make great second half adjustments in both the Semi-Final and Championship games showed me your team has the mentality and toughness needed to earn the trophy. Enjoy being the Champs.

Ugghhh, 8.5 months until FCS football....it's going to be a long winter, spring and summer.

Nova69
December 20th, 2009, 06:35 PM
A National Championship Trophy in Football

A National Championship Trophy in Basketball

Not many other schools can say that, and before Delaware fans chime in about it being 1985, where's yours ?

Slight correction - No other team can say that. There is no official NCAA national champion in BCS football. That leaves 'Nova the only team that can make this claim. Massachusetts came close, but only made the final 4 in basketball and I think that one other team did the same.

Hoyadestroya85
December 20th, 2009, 10:26 PM
All I want to say aside from how happy I am is how incredibly classy I thought the Montana fans were.. both before the game and in defeat. After the game I had several drinks bought for me by people I will never see again in my life. I don't know if I could have been that kind after a gutwrenching defeat like that. Whatever is in the water up in Montana, I hope they put some of it down here because I'm tired of a-holes.

WMTribe90
December 20th, 2009, 10:56 PM
Congrats to Nova. You guys played like champs the last two weeks. Great year, felt like any of the four semi-finalist could have won it all and probably Richmond too. But, there can be only one and we settled ours on the field. Already looking forward to next year.

VUCats02
December 20th, 2009, 11:04 PM
Did anyone else realize that Whitney did not have an incomplete pass in the second half? I was at the game and just watched the replay on tv. I had no idea Szczur was limping at one point in the game, and I also had no idea that Kuckuka fractured his thumb in that game, but continued to play. Also, kudos to the O-lineman Shirey, who was limping after one play, and shook it off to stay in the game. It saved Nova a red-shirted O-lineman. These guys are tough!

Squealofthepig
December 20th, 2009, 11:19 PM
Back from Chattanooga - kudos to Tanagriz for getting some amazing seats in row one at the western 40 yard line - great place to watch this game! (When your biggest complaint is that you sometimes couldn't see the game because of the cheerleaders, you know your life doesn't suck!)

And huge congratulations to Villanova for an outstanding second half, and to Szczar for being an absolute beast. However, think you have to also give credit to the entire Villanova running unit - all their backs and the O-line did an outstanding job in the second half, and defensively the adjustments they made to neutralize M-80 (Marc Mariani, annoyingly referred to as Marc Moriani by the announcer until almost the end of the third quarter) were just spot on. Great defensive adjustments and a great plain move-the-sticks running game proved the difference, and hats off to Nova!

Also, kudos for traveling much better than I would have thought - Griz nation showed up in force, and there were a lot of Griz fans on the home side, too, but the Nova fans were loud, boisterous and seemed to enjoy their well-earned first national championship. No excuses here - you came to play, bounced back after an odd first half and made the adjustments to earn a national championship.

OL FU
December 21st, 2009, 06:21 AM
LAte to the the party but a big congratulationsxthumbsupx

jlcharles
December 22nd, 2009, 05:06 PM
As a Philadelphia sports fan who cares nothing for baseball, I finally know what it's like to have a team I passionately root for win the big one. It made being stuck in Nashville for the weekend bearable.

After getting outplayed badly in the first half and only being down 5, I was confident they'd make the necessary adjustments and win.

Chattanooga has an absolutely beautiful stadium and put on a hell of an event.

Our band did not make a school sponsored trip. There were band members behind me and I really question whether any of them has ever watched a football game after listening to the comments coming from them. And honestly, I'm happier that they didn't make it because we got to see the Montana band more than we would have. They were awesome and something I wish Villanova would do with our band.