PDA

View Full Version : So Riddle Me This...

Grizaholic17
December 18th, 2009, 10:17 PM
Who will be seeded number 1 (preseason) NEXT YEAR?!?!

How many CAA teams make the top 10?

Also, and this is the big question...WHO WINS THE 2010 National Championship.

(ps, great job to 'Nova, but to many of us, we have to look ahead! xthumbsupx)

Alot of changes in store for the FCS next year...let's start looking forward to it!

KiddBrewer
December 18th, 2009, 10:18 PM
1) Villanova
2) 4
3) Appalachian State :)

Grizaholic17
December 18th, 2009, 10:22 PM
How many returners is 'Nova getting back?

App St. will be good, but maybe not as prolific for obvious reasons. But I still expect them in the playoffs without a doubt.

KiddBrewer
December 18th, 2009, 10:27 PM
How many returners is 'Nova getting back?

App St. will be good, but maybe not as prolific for obvious reasons. But I still expect them in the playoffs without a doubt.

depends on whether or not szczur comes back or not, but im pretty sure they return a lot with our without him

93henfan
December 18th, 2009, 10:29 PM
Who will be seeded number 1 NEXT YEAR?!?!

Alot of changes in store for the FCS next year...let's start looking forward to it!

Edit: I read you post wrong the first time - though you were talking preseason

Whoever unofficially wins the CAA South
One of the CAA teams

HenZoneNation
December 18th, 2009, 10:30 PM
Nova is stacked next year...they don't lose much...hoping #4 leaves...if not it will be a long year.

with the playoffs going to 20 teams and the way certain conferences have played in recent years (both well and poorly) I would say we get 6 teams in (we had 5 last year with 16) unless it's a bad year.

Look out for UD and Pat Devlin

UNHWildCats
December 18th, 2009, 10:31 PM
Who will be seeded number 1 NEXT YEAR?!?!

1. Pre season poll or playoffs?

2. 3 (2 less cellar dwellers to beat up on will mean more beating up of top teams by other top teams. They could have 8 of the 10 teams in the top 25 realistically, but only 3 will be in the top 10.

3. Appalachian State, Massachusetts or Delaware

LacesOut
December 18th, 2009, 10:32 PM
UNH wins it next year!!!!!!!!!!!!

JMUNJ08
December 18th, 2009, 10:45 PM
1. Nova

2. 4 safely

3. Nova (with #4) or UD (don't know enough about other conferences for 2010 yet...)

MR. CHICKEN
December 18th, 2009, 10:51 PM

WE ALL MAKE IT......ASSUMIN' RHODEY....GETS SOME ALABAMA X-FERS....& TOWSON.......SOME TEXAS X-FERS.....:D....BRAWK!!

UNHWildCats
December 18th, 2009, 10:53 PM
UNH wins it next year!!!!!!!!!!!!
xthumbsupxxthumbsupxxthumbsupxxthumbsupx

ThompsonThe
December 18th, 2009, 11:56 PM

AND THE ANSWER IS:

NO ONE WINS THE 2010 National Championship.

Because there is not one.

It will be year after next....2011 before a new FCS champion is crowned, so Nova gets to keep it an extra long period of time.

Grizaholic17
December 19th, 2009, 12:19 AM
AND THE ANSWER IS:

It will be year after next....2011 before a new FCS champion is crowned, so Nova gets to keep it an extra long period of time.

I was going to mention that...but I thought it would still be considered the 2010 champ...but i guess that might be right.

DX Man
December 19th, 2009, 12:25 AM
AND THE ANSWER IS:

xeekxxeekxxeekx

GOKATS
December 19th, 2009, 12:36 AM
AND THE ANSWER IS:

BS, no matter who it is they will still be the 2010 National Champs.xrulesxxnodx

And Nova will be #1 preseason.

TokyoGriz
December 19th, 2009, 12:38 AM
BS, no matter who it is they will still be the 2010 National Champs.xrulesxxnodx

You watching the game from home in Cali?

GOKATS
December 19th, 2009, 01:04 AM
You watching the game from home in Cali?

I have absolutely no idea what the hell you're talking about. I've never lived anywhere but Montana and I'm 4th generation. Did you bother reading the thread? I didn't think so.....................xoopsx

ThompsonThe
December 19th, 2009, 02:05 AM
I could call it the Surfing Championship, but that doesn't mean that it is.

Pretty bad, am sure it will be called the 2010 Champion, but to wait until 2011 will probably also be called the 2011 Champion by many people.
Hate to see the NCAA arbitrarily doing whatever they want to do.

GOKATS
December 19th, 2009, 02:23 AM
I could call it the Surfing Championship, but that doesn't mean that it is.

Pretty bad, am sure it will be called the 2010 Champion, but to wait until 2011 will probably also be called the 2011 Champion by many people.
Hate to see the NCAA arbitrarily doing whatever they want to do.

Now that we can agree on.xnodx

Reign of Terrier
December 19th, 2009, 07:45 AM
Return of the Terriersxwhistlex

JohnStOnge
December 19th, 2009, 08:22 AM
depends on whether or not szczur comes back or not, but im pretty sure they return a lot with our without him

I think getting the offensive line back intact is more important than getting Szczur back. To me the strength of that offense last night was that unit, hands down. That's where the real aces were. A lot of guys with decent ability could've made a lot of yards given the job the Villanova offensive line did last night. I mean, a lot of times Villanova skill players weren't getting even touched until they were 5+ yards downfield. Many times they just basically had to run a straight line through the huge spaces being created.

And the defense played great.

Old Cat Fan
December 19th, 2009, 08:33 AM
Can someone (unhwildcat) explain to me or make up a mock bracket for next years playoffs? Twenty teams odd number xconfusedx

3PeatNation
December 19th, 2009, 08:44 AM
The preeason polls are usually the final standings after the NC game

UNHWildCats
December 19th, 2009, 09:02 AM
Can someone (unhwildcat) explain to me or make up a mock bracket for next years playoffs? Twenty teams odd number xconfusedx
I'm not sure the NCAA has even got the specifics settled yet.

I would assume 12 teams get byes and the final 8 play opening weekend and then the second week we have 16 teams left.

Of course the only fair way to do it then to ensure the teams getting the byes are deserving more then those who dont is to seed the entire field.

This would be the general idea though. not sure if i perfectly aranged all the seeds, but you get the idea

http://img705.imageshack.us/img705/989/2010bracket.png

Old Cat Fan
December 19th, 2009, 09:21 AM
Wow thanks for the quick reply Wildcat, 12 teams with byes, I was thinking the top four seeds would get byes and thats why I coundn't figure it out. So it looks like four wildcard games to get in the sweet sixteen. Now that would be somthing to win the title as a bottom feeder, having to win five games. Talk about a long season, could this be a dress rehersal for a possible FBS playoff?

UNHWildCats
December 19th, 2009, 09:30 AM
Wow thanks for the quick reply Wildcat, 12 teams with byes, I was thinking the top four seeds would get byes and thats why I coundn't figure it out. So it looks like four wildcard games to get in the sweet sixteen. Now that would be somthing to win the title as a bottom feeder, having to win five games. Talk about a long season, could this be a dress rehersal for a possible FBS playoff?
ya.. I thought about it and I think 12 byes is the only way to end up with a balanced bracket after the first weekend. 4 byes leaves us with 12 teams and you cant balance that out.

Cincy App
December 19th, 2009, 09:32 AM
AND THE ANSWER IS:

I remember that next year's championship will be in January, 2011. What is the scheduled date for the game?

UNHWildCats
December 19th, 2009, 09:36 AM
the championship game would be played sometime between December 29, 2010 and January 7, 2011;[2] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010_NCAA_Division_I_FCS_football_season#cite_note-1) during ESPN2 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ESPN2)'s coverage of the 2009 championship game, the announcers indicated that the title game would be played in January.

thats from wikipedia article on 2010 season

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010_NCAA_Division_I_FCS_football_season

ASU_Fanatic
December 19th, 2009, 09:37 AM
1) Villanova
2)?
3)Appalachian State

Then Willy Korn transfers in and we win it all again. :)

Reign of Terrier
December 19th, 2009, 11:31 AM
no offense to you App state fans but I don't think we can say now that App is a seed worthy team. they may very well be a top 10 team, but top 5? I don't think so

89Hen
December 19th, 2009, 11:31 AM
Nova is stacked next year...they don't lose much...
If I'm Szczur, I'd enter the draft. xwhistlex

bleedblue
December 19th, 2009, 12:19 PM
Saw some folks thought UD would win NC??? Devlin will be on a NFL roster when he leaves UD but without an OL we will NOT be in the NC game. UD is now relying on 4 RS freshman on our OL and or any transfer OL. We could make the playoffs now that it will be 20, perhaps. With W&M transfer QB from UNC, Paulis, I will go out on a limb and say they will be NC. Darn close this year. However they will miss A. Tracey.

APP's chances should go way down without #14, I would think. You APP guys got a QB that could come in and be 70% of what #14 was???

kdinva
December 19th, 2009, 02:13 PM
I'm not sure the NCAA has even got the specifics settled yet.

I would assume 12 teams get byes and the final 8 play opening weekend and then the second week we have 16 teams left.

Of course the only fair way to do it then to ensure the teams getting the byes are deserving more then those who dont is to seed the entire field.

This would be the general idea though. not sure if i perfectly aranged all the seeds, but you get the idea

http://img705.imageshack.us/img705/989/2010bracket.png
This makes the most sense, by far, IMOxnodx. And I agree with others who say we need to seed 1-20 in 2010 and forward........just can't have teams from the same conference play in that first weekend of 4 games.xcoffeex

WrenFGun
December 19th, 2009, 03:21 PM
I predict UNH will lose in the quarterfinals.

Tribe4SF
December 19th, 2009, 03:38 PM
Revamped CAA schedules will make things interesting. Which teams have to skip Towson or URI could impact final standings. Tribe could face....

Villanova
Richmond
JMU
Delaware
Towson
UMass
Maine
UNH

That would be one rough conference schedule.

Tribe4SF
December 19th, 2009, 03:40 PM
And imagine Towson's delight if they miss URI. They could play eight ranked teams for their conference schedule.xeekx

yorkcountyUNHfan
December 19th, 2009, 03:43 PM

Boston U is bringing back football??!

jmufan999
December 19th, 2009, 04:36 PM
can't go wrong with choosing a team from the CAA South, App State, or Montana to go far.

i'll say Villanova repeats next year if Sczcur comes back, would be surprised if he didn't.

i'll say they beat.... UNI in the title game. if Pat Grace is back, which i don't know if he is. i'm not looking it up, though.

proasu89
December 19th, 2009, 05:33 PM
Saw some folks thought UD would win NC??? Devlin will be on a NFL roster when he leaves UD but without an OL we will NOT be in the NC game. UD is now relying on 4 RS freshman on our OL and or any transfer OL. We could make the playoffs now that it will be 20, perhaps. With W&M transfer QB from UNC, Paulis, I will go out on a limb and say they will be NC. Darn close this year. However they will miss A. Tracey.

APP's chances should go way down without #14, I would think. You APP guys got a QB that could come in and be 70% of what #14 was???

I assume we will be competitive since nobody else will have AE eitherxthumbsupx

proasu89
December 19th, 2009, 05:35 PM

What's this? Some kind of ankle biting horror moviexlolx I too expect a healthier, meaner Terrier next seasonxnodx

Old Cat Fan
December 19th, 2009, 08:55 PM
I predict UNH will lose in the quarterfinals.

But just think Wrenn, with 4 wildcard games being played, maybe just maybe if the Cats are a wildcard team they can host another playoff game in Durham xthumbsupx

JMU Duke Dog
December 19th, 2009, 09:33 PM
1.) Villanova will be ranked #1 going into the 2010 season.

2.) Three CAA teams will be ranked in the top 10 going into the 2010 season including Villanova, William and Mary, and New Hampshire.

3.) William and Mary will win the 2010 national championship.

MR. CHICKEN
December 19th, 2009, 09:36 PM
1.) Villanova will be ranked #1 going into the 2010 season.

2.) Three CAA teams will be ranked in the top 10 going into the 2010 season including Villanova, William and Mary, and New Hampshire.

3.) William and Mary will win the 2010 national championship.

PLEASE CHANGE #3...TA READ.........DELAWARE...........xnodx.....BRAWK!!

B&G
December 20th, 2009, 12:29 AM
How about an early prediction on the 20 playoff teams instead?

AQ's

Big Sky: Montana
Big South: Liberty
Colonial: Villanova
MEAC: South Carolina St
MVFC: Southern Illinois
NEC: Central Conn. St
OVC: Eastern Kentucky
Patriot: Colgate
SoCon: Appalachian State
Southland: Stephen F. Austin

At Large Bids

Delaware
FAMU
Furman
Illinois St
Maine
Montana St
South Dakota St
Weber St
William & Mary
Wofford

JmuSkinsfan
December 20th, 2009, 01:50 AM
Nova will be #1. JMU, UD, WM and Nova will make the playoffs next year from the CAA South (umm wait, nevermind, they're all in the CAA now hah)

But look for the CAA to get 5 with the expanded field... and I'd say that would be Nova, UNH, WM, JMU, UD (in that order of probablity to make it)

WyomingGrizFan
December 20th, 2009, 04:13 AM

AQ's

At Large Bids

Delaware
FAMU
Furman
Illinois St
Maine
Montana St
South Dakota St
Weber St
William & Mary
Wofford

I really don't think that the Griz are going to win the Big Sky in 2010. More likely Montana State. The Griz lose too much on offense to make up with miracle comebacks: two TEs, three OL, two WRs. Their defensive line should be better though but we need LBs!!! (& CBs too & all the above).

Torgo
December 20th, 2009, 04:24 AM
Villanova has to be #1 going into the season, even if they lose Szczur.

And to the above poster...there's enough talent coming back and enough good talent in the wings that I don't see Montana relinquishing the Big Sky crown quite yet...but the offense will definitely take a big hit (especially at receiver). Having Selle & Reynolds back as Seniors will be huge, though.

tribe_pride
December 20th, 2009, 07:09 AM
I really don't think that the Griz are going to win the Big Sky in 2010. More likely Montana State. The Griz lose too much on offense to make up with miracle comebacks: two TEs, three OL, two WRs. Their defensive line should be better though but we need LBs!!! (& CBs too & all the above).

When you've won 12 straight conference championships, you are the favorite until you lose it.

HenZoneNation
December 20th, 2009, 08:02 AM
Something tells me that you guys have some big bodies ready to replace the three departing seniors...You're returning Selle and Reynolds...that's a big plus. You'll win again next year. Until somebody beats you...you're the team to beat.

UNHWildCats
December 20th, 2009, 12:11 PM

AQ's

At Large Bids

Delaware
FAMU
Furman
Illinois St
Maine
Montana St
South Dakota St
Weber St
William & Mary
Wofford
pretty gutsy to not pick UNH who has made the playoffs a CAA best 6 years in a row. No other CAA team has done it more then 3

Reign of Terrier
December 20th, 2009, 12:41 PM

AQ's

At Large Bids

Delaware
FAMU
Furman
Illinois St
Maine
Montana St
South Dakota St
Weber St
William & Mary
Wofford

As much as I like the optimism, there are no real expectations this year. I'm not saying we don't have any expectations to do anything real good but rather we don't know if it will be the team that was up 14 on App or the team that lost by 30 to Chatty. That's what sucked about this year, we couldn't really make an evaluation going forward because we were so young, injured, and inconsistent. I think we'll have a winning season but as for who we beat and how many we'll win I have no cluexconfusedx

BDKJMU
December 20th, 2009, 04:18 PM
Who cares. Polls in Sept are retarded. Pre season polls are even more retarded. Yet, come next Aug, people will be getting their panties up in a bunch because their team isn't where they think it should be in these numerous almost meaningless pre season polls.

BDKJMU
December 20th, 2009, 04:23 PM

AQ's

At Large Bids

Delaware
FAMU
Furman
Illinois St
Maine
Montana St
South Dakota St
Weber St
William & Mary
Wofford

The only thing more retarded than a pre season poll is a pre season playoff prediction.

Edit- in December 8 1/2 months before the season starts.xrolleyesx

BDKJMU
December 20th, 2009, 04:42 PM
pretty gutsy to not pick UNH who has made the playoffs a CAA best 6 years in a row. No other CAA team has done it more then 3

Benefit of playing in the CAA North. South vs North the last 2 years 14-4. UNH doesn't get that benefit anymore. In those 6 seasons (04-09') UNH is vs:
W&M: 0-4
JMU: 0-2
UR: 1-1
Nova 3-2
UD: 3-0
TU: 4-0

Thats 11-9, 4 and 9 against the top 4 teams from the South this past season.

-UNH doesn't get the benefit of playing in the North anymore, as it will now be just one big divisionless CAA.

-Lose 11 of 22 starters (according to the game notes from the 2 deep from the Nova playoff game).

-Don't have a weak I-A next year with Pitt, so the streak of I-A wins is highly likely to come to an end.

I don't do pre season predictions. UNH might or might not make the playoffs. But it's but not a gutsy pick at all to say UNH won't make the playoffs.

BDKJMU
December 20th, 2009, 04:48 PM
1. Pre season poll or playoffs?

2. 3 (2 less cellar dwellers to beat up on will mean more beating up of top teams by other top teams. They could have 8 of the 10 teams in the top 25 realistically, but only 3 will be in the top 10.

3. Appalachian State, Massachusetts or Delaware

Are you serious. Do you think a team that went 5-6/3-5 in the CAA North (0-3 vs the South), loses 12 of 22 starters, including AA OT Ducasse and AA safety Miles, and probably the best receiver in the CAA in Cruz, is a contender to win the NC next season? Can I have some of what you're smoking? xlolx