PDA

View Full Version : Advice for the Draftees (and others)

Rekdiver
December 18th, 2009, 03:21 PM
I want to urge all the young men that will be drafted, and go on to pro careers to find someone who is interested in your future (not theirs), will keep your money in your pocket (not theirs), will tell you when to tone it down, and bust you butt when you make poor choices, stay away from the drugs and drink responsibly. Too many have wasted both the opportunity and financial security by "paying" to have "friends" and "agents" tell them what they want to hear. I believe a wasted opportunity by any of my Mountaineers would hurt me worse that any loss of the field. Watching Armanti and Jacques Roman get their degrees and later this year the other seniors, and then the news about the death of Chris Henry showed me the promise and despair of choices we make.

There will be many others from FCS land that will have this opportunity and my Christmas/Holiday wish for all these young men is the same. Pass it on.

tribe_pride
December 18th, 2009, 03:50 PM
xthumbsupx

That's great advice for players because they make more than the rest of us, but it's advice that we can all use in our lives.