PDA

View Full Version : Jacksonville State 2010 schedule

JaxSinfonian
December 18th, 2009, 08:08 AM
Having an official schedule released this early is very unusual, not to mention kickoff times for all the home games.

Jax State Announces 2010 Football Schedule (http://www.jsugamecocksports.com/news/2009/12/14/FB_1214091826.aspx?path=football)

Things worth noting include the debut of the newly-expanded Paul Snow Stadium against Chattanooga, who returns to the schedule after a one-year absence (and I hear that team's been renovated, too). Also, playing against a first-year Georgia State team, for our third appearance in three years in Atlanta.

Sept. 4 at Ole Miss, Oxford, Miss., TBA

Sept. 11 Chattanooga, Jacksonville, 6 p.m.

Sept. 18 at Georgia State, Atlanta, TBA

Sept. 25 *at Eastern Illinois, Charleston, Ill., TBA

Oct. 2 *Murray State, Jacksonville, 6 p.m.

Oct. 9 *at UT Martin, Martin, Tenn., TBA

Oct. 16 *Tennessee State, Jacksonville, 3 p.m.

Oct. 23 *Austin Peay (HC), Jacksonville, 3 p.m.

Oct. 30 OPEN

Nov. 6 *at E. Kentucky, Richmond, Ky., TBA

Nov. 13 *SE Missouri State, Jacksonville, 3 p.m.

Nov. 20 *at Tenn. Tech, Cookeville, Tenn., TBA

Bam
December 18th, 2009, 08:58 AM
I have got Nov. 6 circled on my calendar in bright Maroon. Wooooo!

Buzzcut
December 18th, 2009, 09:38 AM
Hmm...Georgia State? Is this an opponent you intend on having on your docket on a yearly basis? I figured they would be looking for some "softer" opponents their first year out, but what the heck, go ahead and give them a good butt whoppin'!

Redbirdz
December 18th, 2009, 01:22 PM
I think they play Alabama the same year. Several butt whoppins coming. This is Bill Curry's new team.

Bam
December 18th, 2009, 01:26 PM
I think they play Alabama the same year. Several butt whoppins coming. This is Bill Curry's new team.

Sorry about there luck. Bill is a good talking head. xwhistlex

GannonFan
December 18th, 2009, 01:48 PM
Does Georgia St count as an FCS game next year (in the eyes of the playoff committee)? And is Jax St eligible for the playoffs next year or are they still banned?

JSU02
December 18th, 2009, 02:42 PM
Does Georgia St count as an FCS game next year (in the eyes of the playoff committee)? And is Jax St eligible for the playoffs next year or are they still banned?

No one knows until late April/early May. Our single year APR is supposed to have gone up a good bit.

Redbirdz
December 18th, 2009, 04:59 PM
Yes, Georgia State will count and I'm told the ban will be removed in the spring so JSU will be elgible for the playoffs next year. The NCAA has to announce this and that goes for Chattanooga as well.

JSU02
December 19th, 2009, 12:33 AM
Yes, Georgia State will count and I'm told the ban will be removed in the spring so JSU will be elgible for the playoffs next year. The NCAA has to announce this and that goes for Chattanooga as well.

I hope so, but lets remember, a lot of people were told it was never gonna happen in the first place... xbawlingx

Cocky
December 19th, 2009, 07:21 AM
B'ham News is reporting the ban is lifted.

JSU02
December 19th, 2009, 08:28 AM
EARLY CHRISTMAS PRESENT!