PDA

View Full Version : Willy Korn coming to the FCS?

HappyAppy13
December 18th, 2009, 01:17 AM
Here is a highly recruited kid out of S.C. who had his starting position taken (beat out-right) at Clemson. rumors are spreading that he'll be coming to the FCS in search for a starting position. is this a good possibility? if so, where do you think he'll land?

HappyAppy13
December 18th, 2009, 01:18 AM
http://www.willykorn.org/

Seven Would Be Nice
December 18th, 2009, 03:22 PM
There were rumors that he was going to transfer to GSU to play under Coach Chris Hatcher.... obviously that is not the plan any more.

AppIAA
December 18th, 2009, 03:30 PM
There's been so many rumors about this kid.. thing is, he doesn't have to transfer to a FCS school.. he can go ANYWHERE -- even BCS schools if he wants since he graduated at Clemson. He will have to enroll in Graduate level classes where ever he decides to go

KiddBrewer
December 18th, 2009, 03:38 PM
There's been so many rumors about this kid.. thing is, he doesn't have to transfer to a FCS school.. he can go ANYWHERE -- even BCS schools if he wants since he graduated at Clemson. He will have to enroll in Graduate level classes where ever he decides to go

ummm how you figure?

AppIAA
December 18th, 2009, 03:41 PM
ummm how you figure?

Full Name : Willy Korn
Born : January 21, 1989
Hometown : Lyman, SC
Height : 6 foot 2
Weight : 200 lbs.

High School : James F Byrnes HS
College : Clemson Tiggers
Position : Freshman

Hes a redshirt sophmore and has 2 more years of eligibility.. no idea where you got that information from, but its wrong..

Edit: Just saw it on willykorn.org .. that is completely wrong.. look up the articles about him transferring and/or announcing him leaving Clemson

KiddBrewer
December 18th, 2009, 03:43 PM
Hes a redshirt sophmore and has 2 more years of eligibility.. no idea where you got that information from, but its wrong..

yea youre right it is, he graduated high school in 2006 but....how do you figure that he can transfer anywhere and that hes in grad school, and how did he "graduate from clemson"?

AppIAA
December 18th, 2009, 03:45 PM
yea youre right it is, he graduated high school in 2006 but....how do you figure that he can transfer anywhere and that hes in grad school?

Redshirt sophmore that had a medical hardship as well.. graduated from Clemson in 4 years, but still has 2 years of eligibility.

The rule used to be (not sure if it still is -- but pretty sure), if you graduate from a school, and still have eligibility, you can go ANYWHERE to pursue your graduate degree and not have any ramifications (sitting out a year, etc) and maintain your remaining eligibility

KiddBrewer

Edit: Just saw it on willykorn.org .. that is completely wrong.. look up the articles about him transferring and/or announcing him leaving Clemson

yea youre right....but i dont think hes graduated from clemson.....

ASU_Fanatic
Yeah, he's been talked about alot lately, but I see him as any other transfer. We have no idea if he is a college QB or not. I could see him at somewhere like Furman because they run a good offense for him and it's close by.

KiddBrewer
December 18th, 2009, 03:47 PM
Redshirt sophmore that had a medical hardship as well.. graduated from Clemson in 4 years, but still has 2 years of eligibility.

The rule used to be (not sure if it still is -- but pretty sure), if you graduate from a school, and still have eligibility, you can go ANYWHERE to pursue your graduate degree and not have any ramifications (sitting out a year, etc) and maintain your remaining eligibility

yea i know that (greg paulus)....i just didnt think he had graduated yet. my bad

AppIAA
December 18th, 2009, 03:48 PM
http://www2.wspa.com/spa/sports/college/clemson/clemson_football/article/korn_to_transfer_after_may_graduation_from_clemson/30723/

So he will graduate by the time he transfers to the next school.. however, since he's already announced he will be transferring, Clemson may not have held onto his scholarship for the next semester and thus not graduating

KiddBrewer
December 18th, 2009, 03:49 PM
http://www2.wspa.com/spa/sports/college/clemson/clemson_football/article/korn_to_transfer_after_may_graduation_from_clemson/30723/

So he will graduate by the time he transfers to the next school.. however, since he's already announced he will be transferring, Clemson may not have held onto his scholarship for the next semester and thus not graduating

im sure if he dont want to sit out a year, he'll find the money to graduate this spring from clemson with or without a scholarship, ya know?

AppIAA
December 18th, 2009, 03:51 PM
im sure if he dont want to sit out a year, he'll find the money to graduate this spring from clemson with or without a scholarship, ya know?

Yea, exactly.. from my understanding, he's from a well off family so, if thats the case he will be fine..

KiddBrewer
December 18th, 2009, 03:51 PM
Yeah, he's been talked about alot lately, but I see him as any other transfer. We have no idea if he is a college QB or not. I could see him at somewhere like Furman because they run a good offense for him and it's close by.

i think furman is pretty high on tate forcier's brother, arent they?

KiddBrewer
December 18th, 2009, 03:52 PM
Yea, exactly.. from my understanding, he's from a well off family so, if thats the case he will be fine..

yea, just a sterotypical guess, his family is probably not hurting

ASU_Fanatic
December 18th, 2009, 03:55 PM
i think furman is pretty high on tate forcier's brother, arent they?Oh, maybe so I don't keep up with Furman recruiting lol.

KiddBrewer
December 18th, 2009, 03:55 PM
Oh, maybe so I don't keep up with Furman recruiting lol.

na, hes already there, transferred from UCLA....played against us....doesnt look too bad at all

catdaddy2402
December 18th, 2009, 04:24 PM

Pretty sure I read they are honoring his schollie through graduation.

Keenan
December 18th, 2009, 06:14 PM
Apparently, on a SC TV station there was a report that threw Liberty into the Willy Korn sweepstakes FWIW... not sure I'd be a big fan of him coming to us though. xcoffeex

nms1987
December 20th, 2009, 09:39 AM

Um, even without his family I'm sure an in-state kid can manage to afford an in-state school on financial aid (mostly federal loans). That is how your typical person attends college these days.

FWIW... not sure I'd be a big fan of him coming to us though

I can't think of any reason why.

1EAGLEDAD
December 21st, 2009, 11:42 AM
Doesn't matter if he graduates or not, NCAA chg'd rule a couple of years ago (Urban Meyer rule) If he dsn't transfer down he will have to sit out. w/or w/out degree. After the kid graduated from utah and then xfer'ed to FL to play his last year NCAA chg'd rule. if you xfer within the same division you have to sit

AppIAA
December 22nd, 2009, 08:01 AM
Doesn't matter if he graduates or not, NCAA chg'd rule a couple of years ago (Urban Meyer rule) If he dsn't transfer down he will have to sit out. w/or w/out degree. After the kid graduated from utah and then xfer'ed to FL to play his last year NCAA chg'd rule. if you xfer within the same division you have to sit

That does not make sense to me at all.. what if the player transfers because the school he originally played at does not have the graduate program he intends to enroll in? After all, they are student athletes... The student should not be penalized if he graduates early/redshirts/gets a medical hardship (or any combination of the three) and wants to pursue a graduate degree that his current school does not have.

GridFan
December 22nd, 2009, 02:47 PM
It's true. Can't transfer from FBS to FBS anymore and be immediately eligible. The Greg Paulus situation does not apply because its a different sport. Had Paulus been a football guy at Duke, and transferred to Cuse, he'd have to sit out.

The earlier poster is correct. No FBS player can graduate and go to grad school at another FBS without sitting a year. That loophole was closed year before last.