PDA

View Full Version : EKU 2010 schedule

Bam
December 16th, 2009, 01:48 PM
EKU 2010 Football schedule:

http://www.ekusports.com/news/2009/12/16/FOOTBALL_1216095737.aspx

JMUNJ08
December 16th, 2009, 02:27 PM
Rough start to the season on the road. Good luck!

Buzzcut
December 16th, 2009, 03:16 PM
The addition of a tough MVFC and greatly improved SoCon opponent to the schedule is great, but wow, I'm baffled as to why EKU has reduced itself to playing DII Kentucky State. Is this supposed to replace the WKU rivalry or something? xconfusedx

EKUSteve
December 16th, 2009, 04:41 PM
The addition of a tough MVFC and greatly improved SoCon opponent to the schedule is great, but wow, I'm baffled as to why EKU has reduced itself to playing DII Kentucky State. Is this supposed to replace the WKU rivalry or something? xconfusedx

Coach Hood thinks that the higher division schools in the state should assist the lower division schools where possible. That's why he like playing UK and UofL and thinks we should do the same by playing KState and Morehead (same division but non scholarship).

We cannot over look them. We played them the first game in 1980 after winning the championship in 1979 and almost lost to them.

EKUSteve
December 16th, 2009, 04:42 PM

FYI, we get both Missouri St and Chattanooga at home in 2011.

ASU_Fanatic
December 16th, 2009, 04:43 PM
Ew, three roag games to start the year.

chattanoogamocs
December 16th, 2009, 06:29 PM
I won't lie...I like EKU coming to Chattanooga after two tough road games.

Bam
December 17th, 2009, 07:01 AM
I won't lie...I like EKU coming to Chattanooga after two tough road games.

Hopefully 1-1 heading to 'Nooga? xpeacex

Buzzcut
December 17th, 2009, 07:41 AM
Coach Hood thinks that the higher division schools in the state should assist the lower division schools where possible. That's why he like playing UK and UofL and thinks we should do the same by playing KState and Morehead (same division but non scholarship).

We cannot over look them. We played them the first game in 1980 after winning the championship in 1979 and almost lost to them.

As long as that is the logic behind it, then I'm all for it. Coach Hood is a class act.

Bam
December 17th, 2009, 07:59 AM

Hell after this years debacle, EKU cannot afford to overlook anybody! xmadx

chattanoogamocs
December 17th, 2009, 12:15 PM

I hope y'all are 2-0...but really, really tired. ;)

EKU05
December 17th, 2009, 12:51 PM

Why not 2-0? Both of those games are very winnable. Let's think big.

Bam
December 17th, 2009, 12:55 PM
Why not 2-0? Both of those games are very winnable. Let's think big.

OK, you convinced me. 2-0 it is. I forgot UofL was the last FBS team EKU beat. xwhistlex

EKU05
December 17th, 2009, 12:56 PM
K-State is our first DII opponent since the end of the Roy Kidd era. I think most of us preferred not playing D2 teams, but this is at least an improvement. Back then we were playing Glenville State and Slippery Rock...which were completely meaningless to most EKU fans. K-State is is barely 45 minutes away. If we're going to play a Division II team they are the totally obvious most sensible one to schedule.

I am looking forward to having both Missouri State and Chattanooga come to Roy Kidd Stadium after next year. I've heard we're also playing Florida in 2011 due to Coach Hood's friendship with Urban Meyer, and then facing Danny Hope's Purdue Boilermakers in 2012. There are a lot of games to look forward to.

Bam
December 17th, 2009, 12:56 PM
I hope y'all are 2-0...but really, really tired. ;)

I will take that & then play in 'nooga twice next yr. xnodx

chattanoogamocs
December 17th, 2009, 02:02 PM
I will take that & then play in 'nooga twice next yr. xnodx

Here's to both teams playing each other twice in Chattanooga next year! xthumbsupx

EKU05
December 17th, 2009, 06:05 PM
I'm sure all Colonel and Moc fans would be just fine with that if it were to actually happen.

Bam
December 18th, 2009, 07:47 AM
I'm sure all Colonel and Moc fans would be just fine with that if it were to actually happen.

I even made my post before Happy Hour began. xwhistlex