PDA

View Full Version : Montana is at the Airport

Crackgina
December 15th, 2009, 03:04 PM
Big parade from the fieldhouse to the airport just finished. Thousands of fans lined the streets through town and the Griz got a four fire engine, ten cop car send-off to Chatty. Pretty impressive display of support.

ASU_Fanatic
December 15th, 2009, 03:05 PM
Lucky, I should be packing my bags for Chatty about now, but no..I can't. lol

89Hen
December 15th, 2009, 03:09 PM
the Griz got a four fire engine, ten cop car send-off to Chatty. Pretty impressive display of support.
xwhistlex

We get that for a fender bender around here.

Bogus Megapardus
December 15th, 2009, 03:23 PM
Big parade from the fieldhouse to the airport just finished. Thousands of fans lined the streets through town and the Griz got a four fire engine, ten cop car send-off to Chatty. Pretty impressive display of support.

That's really amazing.

They had a fire engine in Easton once, but it was stolen.

ASUG8
December 15th, 2009, 03:23 PM
I'll bet it was really cold. And loud. xrolleyesx

:D

AppIAA
December 15th, 2009, 03:26 PM

The firetruck? Or Missoula?

Eight Legger
December 15th, 2009, 03:27 PM
Figured they would have tried something different this year. That kind of sendoff didn't really work last year...

Crackgina
December 15th, 2009, 03:27 PM
Just like our stadium.......hey wait a minute. :) I thought that fire engine in Easton was burned by arsonists not stolen.

Crackgina
December 15th, 2009, 03:28 PM
How did your "send-off" work this year? Come on silly spider, don't be snotty. lol

ASUG8
December 15th, 2009, 03:29 PM
The firetruck? Or Missoula?

The total environment, much like the incredibly belabored point made about Wa-Griz last week. It was a joke, but clearly not a very good one.xsmhx

AppIAA
December 15th, 2009, 03:31 PM
The total environment, much like the incredibly belabored point made about Wa-Griz last week. It was a joke, but clearly not a very good one.xsmhx

No, no.. i understood the joke.. it was my fault for trying to be a jack@$$ and making fun of it even more..

Bogus Megapardus
December 15th, 2009, 03:36 PM
Just like our stadium.......hey wait a minute. :) I thought that fire engine in Easton was burned by arsonists not stolen.

That would have required creativity and a comedic sense of irony.

HLNgriz
December 15th, 2009, 04:15 PM
any pictures?

Eight Legger
December 15th, 2009, 04:23 PM
Hey I have nothing better to do these days than come on message boards and be a wise ass, so cut me some slack ...

Shellin
December 15th, 2009, 04:34 PM
So this thread just made me laugh seeing as it so clearly follows the line of all Montana related threads.

1. Griz fan posts something positive about the team.

2. Delaware poster makes a claim about how their conference (or in this case fire department and police response) is better.

xwhistlex

We get that for a fender bender around here.

3. Cold and Loud get brought up.

4. Someone asks for pictures.

any pictures?

Really the only thing we're missing is a few Griz posters to get upset about the things other people are saying about our send off parade or to post too many pictures of Wa-Griz and we'll be set :D (and yes, before anyone chastises me I realize all of the above quoted posts were tongue in cheek, and I found them funny, I just appreciated how well this thread followed the norm)

Silenoz
December 15th, 2009, 04:36 PM
Delaware just has to be better than us at everything ><

(thread quota now fulfilled)

mtmike
December 15th, 2009, 04:39 PM
Maybe Eastcoasters just don't get a good sendoff? (East Coast bias thread)

Crackgina
December 15th, 2009, 04:49 PM
Someone on eGriz.com posted some parade pictures. They show that our sendoff is not as good as those on the east coast. :)

Grrrrriz
December 15th, 2009, 05:02 PM
Figured they would have tried something different this year. That kind of sendoff didn't really work last year...

Ehh, its worked a couple times before. You forget, we have been there done that.

McNeese72
December 15th, 2009, 05:04 PM

Pictures? Or it really didn't happen. :)

Doc

Bogus Megapardus
December 15th, 2009, 05:08 PM
Someone on eGriz.com posted some parade pictures. They show that our sendoff is not as good as those on the east coast. :)

OK, I'll bite . . .

Sendoff at the airport? Those of us on the East Coast discovered air travel many years ago. Shortly after indoor plumbing.

UNH Fanboi
December 15th, 2009, 05:10 PM
I don't see what the fuss is about. Montana hasn't beaten anyone this year.

Tailbone
December 15th, 2009, 05:20 PM
OK, I'll bite . . .

Sendoff at the airport? Those of us on the East Coast discovered air travel many years ago. Shortly after indoor plumbing.

What's indoor plumbing?

Vidav
December 15th, 2009, 05:20 PM
I don't see what the fuss is about. Montana hasn't beaten anyone this year.

Exactly. Once they show they can schedule a FBS team and not hide behind DII schools and a weak conference, then they can start talking about their sendoff parades. xlolx

Zangzigger
December 15th, 2009, 07:18 PM
It's very nice to for the community to support the team like that

Proud Griz Man
December 15th, 2009, 07:39 PM
It's very nice to for the community to support the team like that

It was unseasonably warm, so they lined the streets to yell "Go Griz!! "

http://www.coolestspringbreak.com/image-files/spring-break-bikini-contest-10.jpg
http://www.coolestspringbreak.com/image-files/spring-break-bikini-contest-7.jpg

WyomingGrizFan
December 15th, 2009, 07:47 PM
Someone on eGriz.com posted some parade pictures.

Do you mean these?

http://www.egriz.com/grizpics/thumbnails.php?album=382&page=1

argh!
December 15th, 2009, 07:55 PM
i've gotta say that if i was a player, people holding up a bunch of 'we believe' signs wouldn't do much for me. now if a hot blond had a sign saying 'kill the ****ers', that might work.

Ronbo
December 15th, 2009, 08:01 PM
They landed at 8:25 EST in Chattanooga. Probably at the Hotel now. Only a 3 hour flight so little chance of any jet lag.

Ronbo
December 15th, 2009, 08:07 PM
They landed at 8:25 EST in Chattanooga. Probably at the Hotel now. Only a 3 hour flight so little chance of any jet lag.

Eight Legger
December 15th, 2009, 08:07 PM
What are they doing now?? It's 9:03 pm.

WyomingGrizFan
December 15th, 2009, 08:08 PM
Well, I hope they get it done this time. Third time a charm, etc., that is, against the CAA (James Madison in 2004 & Richmond last year). I'm getting bored with all these loses once it gets to Chattanooga and all: 1 - 3 is it? 2 - 4 overall. Got to get sometime on the positive side for a change, damn.

Grizaholic17
December 15th, 2009, 08:47 PM
A Griz player just facebooked that it's a relief "not to see snow" anymore. I bet they are loving it...hopefully not too much.

Kabooom
December 15th, 2009, 09:07 PM

answer: Pinching off the last of their eight-leggersxoopsx in the john before 9:30 bed-check

MR. CHICKEN
December 15th, 2009, 09:51 PM

WISHIN' DEY WERE PLAYIN'.....S.F. AUSTIN.....xprost2x.......BRAWK/OBAMA/KEELER/BIDEN!!

WyomingGrizFan
December 15th, 2009, 11:21 PM
I bet they are loving it...hopefully not too much.

Why not? The game should be fun to play in. I hope the Griz players love it so much in Chattanooga that they'll score more points than the scoreboard can handle.

uofmman1122
December 16th, 2009, 01:25 AM
Why not? The game should be fun to play in. I hope the Griz players love it so much in Chattanooga that they'll score more points than the scoreboard can handle.1,000? xlolx

89Hen
December 16th, 2009, 08:33 AM
OK, I'll bite . . .

Reminds me of the Sandler movie 'Deeds' when the whole town comes to the "airport" to see him off.

Hey, we're just jealous. We don't get much of the small town feel around here. xpeacex

mcveyrl
December 16th, 2009, 10:02 AM
This thread reminded me of this thread:

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/forum/showthread.php?t=54084&highlight=montana+airport

Although not nearly as funny a year later. xbawlingx

jmufan999
December 16th, 2009, 10:53 AM
while we're fulfilling thread quotas, can we throw one in about how much everyone hates mickey matthews? that's a popular sentiment here.

putter
December 16th, 2009, 11:01 AM
ECB???? From my sig

Put it this way, if Columbus landed on the West Coast, the East Coast would still be uninhabited.....

jmufan999
December 16th, 2009, 02:22 PM
what people fail to realize is that there is no east coast bias in FCS... because there is NO bias. at all. MOST people don't care. if you don't realize that, you're living in fantasy world. and the committee is equally represented from each region, so you can throw that argument out too.

the fact is that a HUGE majority of teams are on the east coast. law of averages then says that those teams are more likely to make the playoffs, then win titles. the paranoia on the ECB thing is kind of hilarious. (in the voice of seinfeld)... "NO BIAS!!! NO! THERE IS NO BIAS!" but if it makes you feel better, run with it. but as long as there is the lopsided number of east coast schools, you'll have to just get used to it because it's not going to change.

UNH Fanboi
December 16th, 2009, 02:50 PM
It's 3:48 and Bobby Hauck just took a dump. His stool was a little dry, but otherwise ok. He should be fine for the game.