PDA

View Full Version : Georgia Southern - 2010 Schedule

Eaglegus2
December 15th, 2009, 09:40 AM
A few of theApp State posters where asking about their schedule. I decided to post ours so they may have a better idea of the SoCon games.

Sat, Sep 04 SAVANNAH STATE STATESBORO TBA

Sat, Sep 11 Navy at Annapolis, MD TBA

Sat, Sep 18 Coastal Carolina at Conway, S.C. TBA

Sat, Oct 02 ELON * STATESBORO TBA

Sat, Oct 09 WOFFORD * STATESBORO TBA

Sat, Oct 16 Chattanooga * at Chattanooga, TN TBA

Sat, Oct 23 The Citadel * at Charleston, S.C. TBA

Sat, Oct 30 SAMFORD * STATESBORO TBA

Sat, Nov 06 APPALACHIAN STATE * STATESBORO TBA

Sat, Nov 13 Western Carolina * at Cullowhee, N.C. TBA

Sat, Nov 20 Furman * at Greenville, S.C. TBA

* Conference Games

eaglemachine
December 15th, 2009, 12:09 PM
I'm interested to see how we do against Navy's option when will be running the same thing again.

ElonPride
December 15th, 2009, 12:47 PM
A few of theApp State posters where asking about their schedule. I decided to post ours so they may have a better idea of the SoCon games.

Sat, Sep 04 SAVANNAH STATE STATESBORO TBA

Sat, Sep 18 Coastal Carolina at Conway, S.C. TBA

Sat, Oct 02 ELON * STATESBORO TBA

Sat, Oct 09 WOFFORD * STATESBORO TBA

Sat, Oct 16 Chattanooga * at Chattanooga, TN TBA

Sat, Oct 23 The Citadel * at Charleston, S.C. TBA

Sat, Oct 30 SAMFORD * STATESBORO TBA

Sat, Nov 06 APPALACHIAN STATE * STATESBORO TBA

Sat, Nov 13 Western Carolina * at Cullowhee, N.C. TBA

Sat, Nov 20 Furman * at Greenville, S.C. TBA

* Conference Games

At least you know you'll start out the season 1-0xsmiley_wix

mountaineer_dax
December 15th, 2009, 12:56 PM
Georgia Southern afraid to schedule a high caliber FBS program?

Baldy
December 15th, 2009, 01:29 PM

East Carolina was busy. xlolx

;)

89Hen
December 15th, 2009, 01:37 PM
Doubt I can make it, but if I can... would be fun to see. xnodx

SpeedkingATL
December 15th, 2009, 01:46 PM

I wouldn't exactly call Navy a pushover. They beat some pretty good teams this year including the storied Fighting Irish. At least they won't need a scout team that week of practice.:D

JMUNJ08
December 15th, 2009, 02:33 PM
I wouldn't exactly call Navy a pushover. They beat some pretty good teams this year including the storied Fighting Irish. At least they won't need a scout team that week of practice.:D

Good pointxlolx They also received votes in the AP at points during the season. Tough opponentxthumbsupx

3PeatNation
December 15th, 2009, 02:58 PM
The OVER storied fighting irish

ASU_Fanatic
December 15th, 2009, 03:01 PM
Good schedule, nice matchup against Navy in the beginning of the season.

ElonPride
December 15th, 2009, 03:41 PM

Didn't Navy take Ohio St. down to the wire this season? Not sure I get your point here....xeyebrowx

3PeatNation
December 15th, 2009, 03:53 PM
Didn't Navy take Ohio St. down to the wire this season? Not sure I get your point here....xeyebrowx
Ohio State is garbage they got by in the Big Ten this year because the big ten sucks

eaglemachine
December 15th, 2009, 03:55 PM
I like this schedule. It will be nice to have some good home games again, unlike this year where most of the good games were on the road.

Native
December 15th, 2009, 03:55 PM
Congrats! It's an ideal schedule!

WestCoastAggie
December 15th, 2009, 03:58 PM
Now that's jacked up. xlolx

Eaglesrus
December 15th, 2009, 04:00 PM

Now that's jacked up. xlolx

It's also true xrotatehx

Go...gate
December 15th, 2009, 04:09 PM

They damn near took down Ohio State, too.

Ivytalk
December 15th, 2009, 04:54 PM
I have 9/11 and 11/6 circled on my calendar!xnodxxthumbsupx

proasu89
December 15th, 2009, 05:59 PM
I like this schedule. It will be nice to have some good home games again, unlike this year where most of the good games were on the road.

With reference to home games, I enjoy the even number years the best because we get Wofford, FU, The Citadel, and Elon at home. I'm happy that we play you in Nov. as I will be able to take the weekend off and make my first trip to Paulson.xthumbsupx

JohnStOnge
December 15th, 2009, 07:16 PM
Ohio State is garbage they got by in the Big Ten this year because the big ten sucks

They win the Big 10 EVERY year. They've been to three BCS title games. Yes, they only won one but just getting to three puts them in a fraternity of two. Also, if you think the Ohio State program is garbage you haven't been paying attention to how many players various college football programs have drafted and/or how many players they have on current NFL rosters. Ohio State has only one less player (36) on NFL rosters right now than USC does (37) and more than Florida (32) does. That program is LOADED talent wise year in and year out.

catamount man
December 15th, 2009, 07:34 PM
may wanna recheck your schedule, you guys come to Cullowhee on October 9 per our schedule being released today. xthumbsupx

UNHWildCats
December 15th, 2009, 09:20 PM
may wanna recheck your schedule, you guys come to Cullowhee on October 9 per our schedule being released today. xthumbsupx
both teams have schedules posted that contradict each other, and for what its worth the schedule I have for Citadel also conflicts... ugh

nms1987
December 15th, 2009, 10:39 PM

WTF kind of comment is that?
A high caliber program? You mean, like maybe a program that has won between 8 and 9 games every year since '03 (except when they won TEN games in '04) and has gone to 7 straight bowl games?
Like say.... Navy has?

Not to mention a GSU/Navy game has an awesome historical connection, as Navy became college football's biggest option team (until Paul Johnson moved from Navy to GT) because of Paul Johnson coming from GSU to Navy

Get your facts straight.

Native
December 15th, 2009, 10:56 PM
The OVER storied fighting irish

I would take a victory over either the Irish or the Middies any day!