PDA

View Full Version : SHSU 2010 Schedule

katstrapper
December 15th, 2009, 09:23 AM
Thu, Sep 02 Western Illinois at McComb, Ill. TBA

Sat, Sep 18 Baylor at Waco TBA

Sat, Sep 25 Gardner-Webb Huntsville 6 p.m.

Sat, Oct 02 Lamar at Beaumont TBA

Sat, Oct 09 Nicholls State * at Thibodaux, La. TBA

Sat, Oct 16 Southeastern Louisiana * Huntsville TBA

Sat, Oct 23 Stephen F. Austin * Huntsville TBA

Sat, Oct 30 Northwestern State * at Natchitoches, La. TBA

Sat, Nov 06 McNeese State * Huntsville TBA

Sat, Nov 13 Central Arkansas * at Conway, Ark. TBA

Sat, Nov 20 Texas State-San Marcos * Huntsville TBA

Whoever the new SHSU Head Coach ends up being, they will have a very competitive schedule to deal with in their first year.

TexasTerror
December 15th, 2009, 12:03 PM
We'll keep our fingers crossed on this one...

We were supposed to have an all Div I schedule last year until Prairie View bailed in late March, early April. Having all Div I schedule is the goal of our AD, especially in wake of playoff expansion and he stated as much.

Unfortunately, most of our fans did not show their intelligence this past season and lambasted the AD for wanting to schedule St. Joseph's. At that time, we did not have many options nor flexibility.

nwFL Griz
December 15th, 2009, 12:51 PM
I thought that the SFA game was in Houston?

TexasTerror
December 15th, 2009, 06:40 PM
I thought that the SFA game was in Houston?

It is. Some information on that below...

http://www.gobearkats.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=19900&ATCLID=204832242&KEY=&DB_OEM_ID=19900&DB_LANG=&IN_SUBSCRIBER_CONTENT=

katstrapper
December 15th, 2009, 06:55 PM
We'll keep our fingers crossed on this one...

We were supposed to have an all Div I schedule last year until Prairie View bailed in late March, early April. Having all Div I schedule is the goal of our AD, especially in wake of playoff expansion and he stated as much.

Unfortunately, most of our fans did not show their intelligence this past season and lambasted the AD for wanting to schedule St. Joseph's. At that time, we did not have many options nor flexibility.

Terror,

I wish you would get off the Prarie View b.s. BW needs to have his azz lambasted from time to time. I am sure we had more ootions than you are portraying.
And yes I was one that lambasted Williams for booking that cheesepuff game. Most of our fans are VERY intelligent. Much to your belief, you are NOT the Bearkat Sports Authority.xrolleyesxxcoffeex

2009 is over thank god. Time to look to greener pastures. My gut tells me that Dickey is going to be the next head coach. I would like to see Phillips, then I hope Dickey is the next pick.xcoffeex

TexasTerror
December 15th, 2009, 07:55 PM
I am sure we had more ootions than you are portraying. And yes I was one that lambasted Williams for booking that cheesepuff game. Most of our fans are VERY intelligent.

Apparently not intelligent about the situation...

When the fact remains that most schools have their schedules booked in March or April, as was the case with PV pulling out on us.

This is Division I football. There were not many options at that point. If there were any, it was because of poor planning by ADs or due to a domino effect with schools bidding to pick up schools through guarantee games (would you have rather us played a low tier FBS for nothing?). Out of conference scheduling is done years in advance, just ask the SLC who has their schedules through 2012.

This is the same AD who exhausted all options the year Missouri State got 'stormed out' on us (even UNH - who turned us down and a SWAC school would not even take a $50k carrot) and got Appy State to agree to a home-and-home with us (before Whitten bailed out on that option).

Do you think a basketball coach would be trying to schedule a game in Oct for Nov? Same case. That's the equivalent for football.

2009 is over thank god. Time to look to greener pastures. My gut tells me that Dickey is going to be the next head coach. I would like to see Phillips, then I hope Dickey is the next pick.xcoffeex

I think one of the two as well...

Dickey has some connections - i.e. Mattress Mac - that may make this make more sense dollar and cents wise...business drives college sports.

blackfordpu
December 15th, 2009, 08:03 PM
What division is Lamar going to start out in and why are we playing them?

McNeese75
December 15th, 2009, 09:13 PM
What division is Lamar going to start out in and why are we playing them?

xrolleyesx Your Division!!

blackfordpu
December 15th, 2009, 09:14 PM
xrolleyesx Your Division!!

I'm sorry, I meant conference?

TexasTerror
December 16th, 2009, 07:50 AM
I'm sorry, I meant conference?

2011, they join the Southland. A year or two too early, but Billy Tubbs is a basketball guy and just does not get how bad they are going to get beat! His hire was far from a splash and they are having stadium issues. It's been a fiasco...

UTSA starts football in 2011, enters the SLC in 2013.

MaximumBobcat
December 16th, 2009, 01:53 PM
2011, they join the Southland. A year or two too early, but Billy Tubbs is a basketball guy and just does not get how bad they are going to get beat! His hire was far from a splash and they are having stadium issues. It's been a fiasco...

UTSA starts football in 2011, enters the SLC in 2013.

Elaborate on stadium issues please.

I haven't heard anything yet, I hate going over to their setxsports or w/e board.

TexasTerror
December 16th, 2009, 02:46 PM
Elaborate on stadium issues please.

I haven't heard anything yet, I hate going over to their setxsports or w/e board.

All they do is complain about the stadium this, stadium that. That Lamar has not released plans and that Lamar is behind schedule...you may recall their 'scrimmages' were all played at different sites.

I think they do not like that Lamar is properly promoting football (lack of releases for gaps) and there's no signs of progress...of course, they have not done half of anything right when it comes to football.

Poor decision on hopping into SLC in year two. Poor decision on coach. Turned down exhibition opportunities for 2009. Lack of PR. Georgia State scheduling issue (LU announcing schedule w/GSU, when GSU did not have it announced for months).

msusig
December 16th, 2009, 03:20 PM
What are the other Southland Conference team schedules? I am not looking forward to having both Missouri and LSU on the schedule for 2010.

TexasTerror
December 16th, 2009, 03:51 PM
What are the other Southland Conference team schedules? I am not looking forward to having both Missouri and LSU on the schedule for 2010.

Enjoy...

http://www.katfans.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=101434

TexasTerror
January 10th, 2010, 05:58 PM
Trying to confirm this...

According to a member of the SHSU alumni association board, a Bearkat game against Prairie View A&M is on tap for this year. He knew that Ike messed up the previous encounter, but they were able to make an arrangement...

Not sure what the situation is there, but he heard this for the Christmas holiday. Perhaps one of SHSU's foes had to adjust their slate due to an FBS buyout and got pushed back a year (Gardner-Webb?)...anyone know details?

centexguy
January 10th, 2010, 10:35 PM
All they do is complain about the stadium this, stadium that. That Lamar has not released plans and that Lamar is behind schedule...you may recall their 'scrimmages' were all played at different sites.

I think they do not like that Lamar is properly promoting football (lack of releases for gaps) and there's no signs of progress...of course, they have not done half of anything right when it comes to football.

Poor decision on hopping into SLC in year two. Poor decision on coach. Turned down exhibition opportunities for 2009. Lack of PR. Georgia State scheduling issue (LU announcing schedule w/GSU, when GSU did not have it announced for months).

I guess spending $26 million on stadium renovations would be an issue for SHSU since nobody goes to their games. But for us Lamar fans, we're impatient and want to know all the details right away.

Terror, just because you don't like the way Lamar is doing things doesn't mean they are making poor decisions. Season tickets go on sale later this month, so we'll see how many of the 15K tickets they sell. I guarantee it'll be a lot more than they 1K or 2K season tickets SHSU sales.

Lamar will be just fine once they have completed renovations to their 18K stadium and what is rumored to be one of the largest video scoreboards in Texas.

TexasTerror
January 11th, 2010, 07:36 AM
I guess spending $26 million on stadium renovations would be an issue for SHSU since nobody goes to their games. But for us Lamar fans, we're impatient and want to know all the details right away.

Lamar is not interested in building public momentum with their program. It has been evident from the start with long periods of time between news and releases regarding the program.

Does it surprise you that not much has come out? The official site had VERY limited coverage (as in none) about most of the activities that were going on this past fall (practices, scrimmages). It was relatively embarrassing for your program, but you guys apparently like to operate under the guise of secrecy.

Terror, just because you don't like the way Lamar is doing things doesn't mean they are making poor decisions. Season tickets go on sale later this month, so we'll see how many of the 15K tickets they sell. I guarantee it'll be a lot more than they 1K or 2K season tickets SHSU sales.

Seems that season tickets were an issue too. It looked like it pretty much "snuck up" on the Lamar fan base. Glad a release came out...

Lamar will be just fine once they have completed renovations to their 18K stadium and what is rumored to be one of the largest video scoreboards in Texas.

Too many rumors, too much speculation. Will not believe a single thing when it comes to Lamar until it is shown. You guys are becoming the newest "smoke and mirrors" gang around the league....

centexguy
January 11th, 2010, 08:51 AM
Oh Terror, you are so cute trying to put down Lamar with your warped view of reality. Lamar football will be just fine. Now move along, isn't it time for you to troll all the other forums spewing your words of "wisdom"? xlolx

TexasTerror
January 11th, 2010, 11:38 AM
Oh Terror, you are so cute trying to put down Lamar with your warped view of reality. Lamar football will be just fine. Now move along, isn't it time for you to troll all the other forums spewing your words of "wisdom"? xlolx

You must not frequent LamarCardinals.com...

The articles on football are FEW and FAR between compared to the other start-up programs. There was a tremendous lack of LamarCardinals.com coverage as it relates to last fall. The football season ticket announcement seemed to catch "Joe Fan" on the Lamar board off-guard...

Not sure how this is warped, when anyone and everyone can see it with their own eyes...xrulesx

g-webb1994
January 11th, 2010, 11:58 AM
I believe our game last fall with NC State pushed the game in Huntsville to this fall. I'm not sure if it wasn't a mutual decision though.

TexasTerror
January 11th, 2010, 12:31 PM
I believe our game last fall with NC State pushed the game in Huntsville to this fall. I'm not sure if it wasn't a mutual decision though.

SHSU never had G-W on the 2009 schedule. It was a '10 game since our 2009 slate had been full for some time until Prairie View bailed out on us in March or April.

TexasTerror
January 13th, 2010, 10:58 AM
UPDATE

SHSU's schedule has changed. The Western Illinois game has been moved to Sept. 18 with the Baylor game moved to Sept. 4.

Panther88
January 13th, 2010, 04:18 PM
09-11-2010 is still open for you all and open for PV, for now, as well.xcoffeex

TexasTerror
January 14th, 2010, 08:25 AM
09-11-2010 is still open for you all and open for PV, for now, as well.xcoffeex

Yes, but we have 11 games...

Perhaps 2011 and '12? I believe we have an opening in '12 for a home game since we go to WIU and Baylor. Perhaps we head to you guys in '11 when WIU heads to us.

leatherneck177
January 14th, 2010, 09:02 PM
It's Macomb! And bring your secondary this year!