PDA

View Full Version : Spiders play UVA to open 2010

Spiderbone
December 14th, 2009, 07:24 PM
Kind of interesting that we open up the 2010 season against our old coach (who is a former alumni and football player at UR). They are not long on talent right now and would be great revenge to go into Charlottesville and show London that leaving Richmond sure pissed the lot of us Spiders off. And it is not so much that we didn't think he was going to do it but the way he did it.

Went something like this.......Oh well, lost to APPY...don't really care b/c I was thinking about the UVA job all weekxrolleyesx...halftime adjustments, you mean there is a quarterfinal going on?xconfusedx...where is the contractxrulesx....oh signed 12 hours after we left UR stadium for the last time....good riddance..xbangx

Silenoz
December 14th, 2009, 07:36 PM
Yeah, what a dick, winning you a championship and all..

Seriously, if Richmond returns to mediocrity in the post-London era, he'll go down as a legend

ngineer
December 14th, 2009, 07:40 PM
You cannot blame the guy for taking the jump. If he's looking to go 'big time' now is and was the time to go. With few exceptions, anyone turning around an FCS program is a prime candidate for a struggling BCS team.

Spiderbone
December 14th, 2009, 07:48 PM
Yeah, what a dick, winning you a championship and all..

Seriously, if Richmond returns to mediocrity in the post-London era, he'll go down as a legend

Like I said, it was not as if we didn't expect him to do it particularly for 1.7 million a year (if somebody offered me six times my currently salary guaranteed for 5 years I would take it as well, just a little grating how he handled his departure 12 hours after the loss to APPY.

...I did laugh at your sarcasm though, classic...lol

Spiderbone
December 14th, 2009, 07:50 PM
You cannot blame the guy for taking the jump. If he's looking to go 'big time' now is and was the time to go. With few exceptions, anyone turning around an FCS program is a prime candidate for a struggling BCS team.

He did not "TURN AROUND" Richmond, he walked into a loaded situation, would Clawson have taken us to the championship if he didn't go to the OC job at Tennessee, who knows, but Clawson built the program and London carried on the torch.

BigHouseClosedEnd
December 14th, 2009, 07:52 PM
Like I said, it was not as if we didn't expect him to do it particularly for 1.7 million a year (if somebody offered me six times my currently salary guaranteed for 5 years I would take it as well, just a little grating how he handled his departure 12 hours after the loss to APPY.

xthumbsupx

dsbsh
December 14th, 2009, 07:57 PM
Hope y'll kick their butts. Far be it for me to root for a conference rival, but any time UVA loses, it's a good day.

proasu89
December 14th, 2009, 08:02 PM
The new coaches will remind them every day this summer that London bailed on them. All summer long your guys are going to be working their a$$e$ off with that date burned into their mind.

ngineer
December 14th, 2009, 08:03 PM
He did not "TURN AROUND" Richmond, he walked into a loaded situation, would Clawson have taken us to the championship if he didn't go to the OC job at Tennessee, who knows, but Clawson built the program and London carried on the torch.

That's true. I misstated the situation. But he was very successful in taking good situation and taking it a step further to the NC and being close, again, a year later. Those guys are always on someone's 'short list'..

Spiderbone
December 14th, 2009, 08:03 PM
The new coaches will remind them every day this summer that London bailed on them. All summer long your guys are going to be working their a$$e$ off with that date burned into their mind.

damn skippyxthumbsupx

UNH Fanboi
December 14th, 2009, 08:04 PM
Kind of interesting that we open up the 2010 season against our old coach (who is a former alumni and football player at UR). They are not long on talent right now and would be great revenge to go into Charlottesville and show London that leaving Richmond sure pissed the lot of us Spiders off. And it is not so much that we didn't think he was going to do it but the way he did it.

Went something like this.......Oh well, lost to APPY...don't really care b/c I was thinking about the UVA job all weekxrolleyesx...halftime adjustments, you mean there is a quarterfinal going on?xconfusedx...where is the contractxrulesx....oh signed 12 hours after we left UR stadium for the last time....good riddance..xbangx

Do you really think he half-assed the ASU game? I can't imagine any college FB coach not trying their hardest to win, especially an alum and former player.

BigHouseClosedEnd
December 14th, 2009, 08:11 PM
Do you really think he half-assed the ASU game? I can't imagine any college FB coach not trying their hardest to win, especially an alum and former player.

Put it this way ... we were outcoached. Various 3rd party observers also made this observation. See Bruce Dowd's latest column.

ASU_Fanatic
December 14th, 2009, 08:20 PM
What a jerk. Say, didn't he go to Richmond? If so who would treat their alma matter like that?

Zangzigger
December 14th, 2009, 09:26 PM
Seems like UVA would have the advantage because they are going to know all of Richmond's tendencies

Skjellyfetti
December 14th, 2009, 10:01 PM
Put it this way ... we were outcoached. Various 3rd party observers also made this observation. See Bruce Dowd's latest column.

Being outcoached by Jerry Moore doesn't mean he half-assed it. Moore is a phenomenal coach and has 28 years head coaching experience vs. London's 2.

insideout08
December 15th, 2009, 09:07 AM
Furman had the same thing happen when Bobby Johnson went to Vanderbilt after the 2001 championship game. Vandy throttled Furman to open the 2002 season in Bobby Lamb's first game. It didn't help that the Vandy staff had so much intimate knowledge of Furman's personnel, schemes and tendencies.

bostonspider
December 15th, 2009, 09:16 AM
Though if UR hires Latrell Scott as it appears, Richmond will interestingly have great insight into UVA's personnel and tendencies as well...

kdinva
December 15th, 2009, 12:21 PM
......plus the fact the next week UVa flies out to play Sou. California....... wonder where their focus will be?xchinscratchx

UR Spider
December 15th, 2009, 12:26 PM
Wait a second... didn't Uva release us from this game and sign on to play VMI instead? i can't find the exact link but i'm pretty sure that is what happened.

UR Spider
December 15th, 2009, 12:27 PM
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/302790-college-coaching-rumors-uva-hires-mike-london

Found it.

Eight Legger
December 15th, 2009, 12:32 PM
No, the game is still on, Sept. 4. The speculation was that it would be replaced by VMI, but UVA seems to have replaced Eastern Michigan with VMI instead.

London and Littlepage have both said publicly the game will be played. Personally, I still think they will find a reason to pull it off the table in the next couple months, but we'll see.

SpeedkingATL
December 15th, 2009, 01:28 PM
I guess that means UVA will open with 2 losses again next year. Any team with a Cavalier for a mascot doesn't deserve to play major college football anyway.xlolx

Go Spiders!xsmashx

Eight Legger
December 15th, 2009, 01:39 PM
...especially when their mascot does this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nN2URhe-A9Q&feature=related

SpeedkingATL
December 15th, 2009, 01:43 PM
...especially when their mascot does this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nN2URhe-A9Q&feature=related

Kind of gives you a prediction of what the year will be like. Great post, that has damn funny!

MacThor
December 15th, 2009, 02:16 PM
Though if UR hires Latrell Scott as it appears, Richmond will interestingly have great insight into UVA's personnel and tendencies as well...

What tendencies....the tendency to suck?

jimbo65
December 15th, 2009, 02:20 PM

Well at least he stuck around for your last playoff game unlike that creep Kelly who left for ND. Heard on ESPN that Kelly did the same thing at Eastern Michigan when he moved to Cinc. Poetic injustice.

Were I your ex-coach, I would look into canceling the game.

Spiderbone
December 15th, 2009, 03:00 PM
What tendencies....the tendency to suck?

xlolx quite funny....but truexcoffeex

Ivytalk
December 15th, 2009, 04:56 PM
Revenge is a dish that is best served cold.xcoolx