PDA

View Full Version : Montana fans to Chatty

Ronbo
December 14th, 2009, 06:56 AM
There's been some talk about Montana's ticket request of 3000 tickets. There will be more fans than that at the game. We'll get a couple thousand alums and families that live outside Montana and don't buy their tickets from GrizTix. Also some fans in Montana will buy tickets from App. State fans. I'll wager Montana sends 5-6000 to the game.

SpeedkingATL
December 14th, 2009, 08:44 AM
I'l be there pulling for the Griz!xnodx

chattanoogamocs
December 14th, 2009, 11:22 PM
There's been some talk about Montana's ticket request of 3000 tickets. There will be more fans than that at the game. We'll get a couple thousand alums and families that live outside Montana and don't buy their tickets from GrizTix. Also some fans in Montana will buy tickets from App. State fans. I'll wager Montana sends 5-6000 to the game.

That sounds about right to me...y'all always end up with more than the "official allotted amount".

Always happy to see the Griz fans in town.

GrizFanStuckInUtah
December 14th, 2009, 11:30 PM
I booked my flight, hotel and bought my game tickets this evening. I am completely stoked, first time going and it should be a blast. xnodxxthumbsupx

KiddBrewer
December 14th, 2009, 11:33 PM
championship game attendance prediction.......

ill go with the top end of the above prediction, so...6000 grizzly fans

which will bring my predicted total to.......

chattanoogamocs
December 14th, 2009, 11:43 PM

I have never understood why so many from ASU seem to take so much delight in bashing Chattanooga.

The town and its citizens has been nothing but gracious to their conference mates...most Moc fans pull for ASU when they make the game out of loyalty to the SoCon and our shared Southern roots and some of ASU's greatest sports memories have been made at Finley Stadium.

GrizNzonecrazy
December 14th, 2009, 11:44 PM

So does the 6000 Griz fans mean only REAL Griz fans or does that count all of you wonderful people from Boone who i've heard are going and will be pulling for the boys from MT? Most App St fans i talked to in Missoula that made the trip up here seemed like they all found their second favorite team just as almost every Griz fan i know cheers for App St every week and would have this week.....really hope we can get some support from our new friends from the mountains of NC!

Also......made every effort to meet as many ASU fans as i could over the weekend and i've never been as impressed with ANY fanbase as i was with theirs......Every last one was the definition of class and what college football is supposed to be. I cant wait till i get to come to Boone in a couple years for our rematch!

KiddBrewer
December 14th, 2009, 11:51 PM
So does the 6000 Griz fans mean only REAL Griz fans or does that count all of you wonderful people from Boone who i've heard are going and will be pulling for the boys from MT? Most App St fans i talked to in Missoula that made the trip up here seemed like they all found their second favorite team just as almost every Griz fan i know cheers for App St every week and would have this week.....really hope we can get some support from our new friends from the mountains of NC!

Also......made every effort to meet as many ASU fans as i could over the weekend and i've never been as impressed with ANY fanbase as i was with yours......Every last one was the definition of class and what college football is supposed to be. I cant wait till i get to come to Boone in a couple years for our rematch!

fixed it for youxthumbsupx

and we'll be happy to have you in boone anytime. we enjoy the presence of good, knowledable, dedicated fans just as much as those in missoulaxnodx

Grizaholic17
December 15th, 2009, 12:51 AM
I realize ASU is not in the championship, but I would still go if I had bought my ticket and ASU was in it instead of Montana and I was a mere 8 hour drive away. It's great football

Squealofthepig
December 15th, 2009, 02:08 AM
I have never understood why so many from ASU seem to take so much delight in bashing Chattanooga.

The town and its citizens has been nothing but gracious to their conference mates...most Moc fans pull for ASU when they make the game out of loyalty to the SoCon and our shared Southern roots and some of ASU's greatest sports memories have been made at Finley Stadium.

yeah, gotta agree - I love ASU, don't get me wrong, but gotta give props to Chatty for putting on a great game. Though to be fair, I think that was more a knock on expected Nova turnout than anything (which I also disagree with - I think (and hope) Nova travels better than expected. I'll be part of Griz nation rooting 'em on, and hope there's a good number of Nova folks there too!)

Squealofthepig
December 15th, 2009, 02:16 AM

Also......made every effort to meet as many ASU fans as i could over the weekend and i've never been as impressed with ANY fanbase as i was with theirs......Every last one was the definition of class and what college football is supposed to be. I cant wait till i get to come to Boone in a couple years for our rematch!

It is kinda scary when you realize that ASU and UM fans really are kindred spirits. Even more scary when you also realize that Montana and ASU are also closet McNeese fans, for basically the same reaons - great programs with a great fanbase that jut plain love the game.

But I'll also disagree a bit - I loved the Wofford fans, and would love to see the Terriers on a home/away schedule sometime soon! Maybe I'm just a sucker for something like the triple option, but man. Gotta give props to anyone who can come to Missoula and win, and Wofford did it with class! xthumbsupx

chattanoogamocs
December 15th, 2009, 03:27 AM
yeah, gotta agree - I love ASU, don't get me wrong, but gotta give props to Chatty for putting on a great game. Though to be fair, I think that was more a knock on expected Nova turnout than anything (which I also disagree with - I think (and hope) Nova travels better than expected. I'll be part of Griz nation rooting 'em on, and hope there's a good number of Nova folks there too!)

...and I get part of it is just a little envy/disappointment that they aren't going to be there.

But, I do sometimes tire of "the sun just won't shine if ASU isn't there" attitude of some of their fans :)

(and I do emphasize the word "some", because other ASU fans are very supportive of Chattanooga and it is appreciated)

SideLine Shooter
December 15th, 2009, 09:36 AM
...and I get part of it is just a little envy/disappointment that they aren't going to be there.

But, I do sometimes tire of "the sun just won't shine if ASU isn't there" attitude of some of their fans :)

(and I do emphasize the word "some", because other ASU fans are very supportive of Chattanooga and it is appreciated)

Exactly. Don't lump us all together with those always negative folks. I enjoy Chattanooga for Chattanooga. The city does a great job with this championship. I'll be there again this year to celebrate football and hopefully see a great game.xthumbsupx

Rekdiver
December 15th, 2009, 10:11 AM
Chatty has done a good job but it still cannot offer the amenities of a city like Charlotte, Tampa, San Diego or some other major market city. It is not easy to get to and the weather can be a deterrent in January of next year.........

Unfortunately I don't see any large sities bidding on it.

I would hope that Jerry Richardson in Charlotte the owner of the Panthers and a graduate of Wofford (and his grandson is playing there now) would step up and make a bid....

onbison09
December 15th, 2009, 11:10 AM
Go Griz!

srgrizizen
December 15th, 2009, 11:26 AM
I thought KiddBrewer was taking a shot at Villanova, not Chattanooga. It would be a shame if such a good team doesn't bring a large number of appreciative supporters, especially since we Westerners regard the distance from Philadelphia to Chattanooga (ca. 850 miles?
as barely far enough to get you from one end of Montana to the other, or about as far as going on the road to Northern Colorado. Half the state of Montana would be there if it was only 850 miles.

KiddBrewer

I didnt mean to put down Chattanooga (although i didnt consider the outside local fans, youre right). I was actually trying to make fun of how terrible the Villanova turn out will be. My bad!:o

KiddBrewer
I thought KiddBrewer was taking a shot at Villanova, not Chattanooga. It would be a shame if such a good team doesn't bring a large number of appreciative supporters, especially since we Westerners regard the distance from Philadelphia to Chattanooga (ca. 850 miles?
as barely far enough to get you from one end of Montana to the other, or about as far as going on the road to Northern Colorado. Half the state of Montana would be there if it was only 850 miles.

xthumbsupx

Ronbo
December 15th, 2009, 11:30 AM
The going price on the charter packages from Missoula and other Montana cities is $1300-$1500 per person. Three nights, air, plus ticket. Now that's dedication for the guys and gals that go.

phillyAPP
December 15th, 2009, 11:58 AM
The going price on the charter packages from Missoula and other Montana cities is $1300-$1500 per person. Three nights, air, plus ticket. Now that's dedication for the guys and gals that go.

I know, i spent that much last weekend and only got 1 night stay. Its well worth the money, if you have it. Missou celebrated on Saturday, but to do it in Chatty is great. The city and bars are very welcoming !!

Thanks for the memories, Griz.... Montana was beautiful !

appstate38
December 15th, 2009, 12:04 PM
With all that Nova has accomplished this year I am still with Kidd Brewer on this one. When we played UMASS several years ago I think we outnumbered them 3 to1 maybe?!?!? It was like a home game for us. I hope the Nova fans will come out and support their football team but lets be honest..... It is still a basketball school!

chattanoogamocs
December 15th, 2009, 01:46 PM
I didnt mean to put down Chattanooga (although i didnt consider the outside local fans, youre right). I was actually trying to make fun of how terrible the Villanova turn out will be. My bad!:o

Sorry about that Kidd Brewer :)

(I had seen some threads last year and this year on the MMB that were negative about Chattanooga...once the Mountaineers got knocked out of the playoffs...so I guess I was looking for someone to argue with...feel free to make fun of Villanova fans all you want ;))

Anovafan
December 15th, 2009, 02:11 PM
I'll be there, but I'm probably one of the few. Our football support is terrible, it's really not a fact worth debating. Our football team, however, is not terrible.

GrizFanStuckInUtah
December 15th, 2009, 02:57 PM
I'll be there, but I'm probably one of the few. Our football support is terrible, it's really not a fact worth debating. Our football team, however, is not terrible.

You don't luck into the playoffs and you have to be a dang good team to make it to the NC game. Hopefully with your success this year you can build on it and get some fans out for some good football.

P.S. I will be there as well. xthumbsupx