PDA

View Full Version : Will Chatty have enough Beer this year?

Griz0383
December 13th, 2009, 04:39 PM
Last year, Chattanooga was unprepared for the drinking prowess of the Montana fan base! Many bars ran empty of beer! xbawlingx Will they be ready to redeem themselves and keep us all happily drunk?xnodx

yorkcountyUNHfan
December 13th, 2009, 04:44 PM
Last year, Chattanooga was unprepared for the drinking prowess of the Montana fan base! Many bars ran empty of beer! xbawlingx Will they be ready to redeem themselves and keep us all happily drunk?xnodx

Just to be sure you should call ahead and remind themxthumbsupx

I hate to see any of you go thirsty

Poker Alan
December 13th, 2009, 05:01 PM

Seriously? What places should I be considering going to down there?

JMU DUUUKES LAW
December 13th, 2009, 05:02 PM
Well I doubt both of the Villanova fans that make it will deplete the amount of brew

Live4Griz
December 13th, 2009, 05:37 PM

T-Bones is a good place. It is right next to the stadium too! That is where I will be heading.

GO GRIZ!!

Bogus Megapardus
December 13th, 2009, 05:48 PM
Given that Patriot League graduates run all the breweries and distributorships in America, what will you be needing? I'll put in a good word . . . . xrolleyesx

J/K - Good luck to Chattanooga and all the local businesses that will be at the top of their game for the best college matchup this year. Chatty has done a first rate in hosting the championship, and I hope it remains there. Having said that, any pub that runs out of beer ought to be ostracized in disgrace. Just post their name here if they do . . . . xnonox

proasu89
December 13th, 2009, 07:39 PM

T-Bones as mentioned earlier. Big River Grille is a must and Taco Mac's after the game is money.

TheHerb
December 13th, 2009, 07:50 PM
Big River Grille is a must and Taco Mac's after the game is money.

Are these places right next to the stadium as well?

GrizFamily
December 13th, 2009, 07:52 PM

We should do a poll!!!

Poker Alan
December 13th, 2009, 08:12 PM
T-Bones is a good place. It is right next to the stadium too! That is where I will be heading.

GO GRIZ!! xthumbsupx

T-Bones as mentioned earlier. Big River Grille is a must and Taco Mac's after the game is money.

I like Mexican...

ChopperTN
December 13th, 2009, 08:17 PM
Big River and Taco Mac are both downtown Chattanooga, close to the river. The stadium is on the Southside. T-Bones is within sight of Finley. Most of the better restaurants are closer to the Tennessee River (MLK and north)

Porker's BBQ on Market is good (W visited it one time when he was in town)

HiHiYikas
December 13th, 2009, 08:29 PM
I guess it takes a whole lot of beer to drown all those sorrows. ;)

Griz0383
December 13th, 2009, 08:59 PM
After last years ass whoopin I could find a beer to drown my sorrows! it was brutal!

SCBluehen
December 14th, 2009, 02:04 PM
Well I doubt both of the Villanova fans that make it will deplete the amount of brew

...but they can put away some wine spritzers!!!xlolx

Rekdiver
December 14th, 2009, 02:18 PM
Griz Fans

Behind the visitors side of the stadium is a surface lot. Cost a couple of bucks. What you need to do is get there around 8:00am and put your tent up or RV and leave a car then go off somewhere. Two rows back from the ticket ared and entrance of that side of the stadium is a large grassy median area where we camped out in each of our 3 appearances. Started with bloddy mary's at 9 and finished with shots of Jack Black prior to game. IF you coordinate quickly enough you can have an absolute blast in that lot. The bars were too crowded, too expensive and we saved tons of $ by starting the tailgate early. BYOB.

Ther is alsos a RV rental place that will deliver the RV to the lot. Cost is about $400 a day with a 3 day minimum. Sleeps 5-7 people.

The weather should leave you folks shirtless with highs in the 50's!!!!!!!

chattanoogamocs
December 14th, 2009, 11:24 PM
Ther is alsos a RV rental place that will deliver the RV to the lot. Cost is about $400 a day with a 3 day minimum. Sleeps 5-7 people.

Now that is a cool idea.

ur2k
December 15th, 2009, 08:42 AM
We arrived at the lot on the visitors side right when the opened (maybe 2?) and camped out there all day - had a blast tailgating. Stopped by T-bones for a few warm-ups before that.

Poker Alan
December 15th, 2009, 10:34 AM
Need some ideas on a place to stay, everything else has come together... anyone have some recommends on a place to stay, not horribly expensive, near downtown (or any fans have reservations they still need to cancel)??

AppIAA
December 15th, 2009, 11:27 AM
Need some ideas on a place to stay, everything else has come together... anyone have some recommends on a place to stay, not horribly expensive, near downtown (or any fans have reservations they still need to cancel)??

I stayed in the Courtyard by Marriott Downtown.. its not horribly expensive.. Just canceled my room that was $189 a night but it was an "extra large room with river views and balcony"

It over looks the river, has your own balcony, in downtown (close to the bars), and about a mile from the stadium. Have stayed here the past 4 years and love it.

chattanoogamocs
December 15th, 2009, 01:59 PM
There is plenty of beer in Chattanooga...Griz fans just have to expand out past the one bar that is attached to the Finley Stadium parking lot. :)

(there is a whole big world out there past T-Bones...I love T-Bones because of proximity to the stadium, but it is a dump...so many better alternatives downtown)

chattanoogamocs
December 17th, 2009, 01:11 PM
According to the facebook status of the director of the First Tennessee Pavilion...12,000 cans of beer (500 cases), were just delivered to the stadium! :)

HenBlue
December 17th, 2009, 01:55 PM
You won't be competing with Villanova fans for beer -- they are more the Chardonay crowd.

BigHouseClosedEnd
December 17th, 2009, 02:05 PM
According to the facebook status of the director of the First Tennessee Pavilion...12,000 cans of beer (500 cases), were just delivered to the stadium! :)

Oh man. The game needs to stay in Chattanooga and the Spiders need to go back soon!

WUTNDITWAA
December 17th, 2009, 02:23 PM
Wait. They ran out of beer after three years of App State being in town? Must have taken them longer than a year to recover from the 2007 game. xbeerchugxxprost2x

bluehenbillk
December 17th, 2009, 03:12 PM
You won't be competing with Villanova fans for beer -- they are more the Chardonay crowd.

Bingo! Rep points for you.

rlslim
December 17th, 2009, 04:14 PM

Whoa Whoa Whoa! was that a CAA fan taking a jab at Nova? Wow! Im amazed! Good on ya brotha!

chattanoogamocs
December 17th, 2009, 04:22 PM
Update from facebook...
(I gave him a link to this thread)

OK - you've motivated me. I now have an entire distribution warehouse on emergency standby... Thousands of cases 10 minutes away

How 'bout that!

ForShizzleGrizzle
December 17th, 2009, 04:27 PM
Montana is #1 in the nation for alcohol consumtion per capita. WOO HOOO!!!! And did you know how loud our stadium is?

ASU_Fanatic
December 17th, 2009, 04:28 PM
I lol'd.

LetsGoNova
December 17th, 2009, 06:41 PM
Look out, some 'Noogans are starting early!

http://www.newschannel9.com/news/year-987196-old-christmas.html

But, seriously, that's a really sad story.