PDA

View Full Version : Thank you Semifinalists

JALMOND
December 13th, 2009, 02:35 PM
I have to say that, if we as an FCS community had to pick two games to show the country the true meaning of FCS football, I don't think we could have picked two better games than the semifinal games. Both games showed the heart and soul, true grit and determination of the four top teams in all of FCS. Any casual fan of the FBS or any college football fan would no doubt have been impressed with the football played at this level in watching these two games.

Thank you William & Mary, Villanova, Appalachian State, and Montana for two great games this weekend. xthumbsupx

Baller1
December 13th, 2009, 02:39 PM
I have to say that, if we as an FCS community had to pick two games to show the country the true meaning of FCS football, I don't think we could have picked two better games than the semifinal games. Both games showed the heart and soul, true grit and determination of the four top teams in all of FCS. Any casual fan of the FBS or any college football fan would no doubt have been impressed with the football played at this level in watching these two games.

Thank you William & Mary, Villanova, Appalachian State, and Montana for two great games this weekend. xthumbsupx

Well said.... lets hope this carries over to the chipper and we can once again show the country what the FCS is all about!!! Should be a GREAT game!
GO GRIZZ!!

GaSouthern
December 13th, 2009, 02:40 PM
I think it would have been better if ASU and the Griz had home games for the last two games. I hate to rain on your parade but the W&M and Villanova game looked very empty on TV. The Griz - Appy game made our brand of football look amazing IMO.

3PeatNation
December 13th, 2009, 02:40 PM
No doubt 2 classic games, this had to be the best playoff round i have seen in a while and the NC should be no different

jlcharles
December 13th, 2009, 02:59 PM
I think it would have been better if ASU and the Griz had home games for the last two games. I hate to rain on your parade but the W&M and Villanova game looked very empty on TV. The Griz - Appy game made our brand of football look amazing IMO.

What does attendance have to do with the quality of football played at this level?

VforVictory
December 13th, 2009, 03:02 PM

Does Southern still have football?

JALMOND
December 13th, 2009, 03:09 PM
What does attendance have to do with the quality of football played at this level?

I agree with you on this. Both games featured two teams battling down to the wire for the chance (emphasize, a CHANCE) at a national championship. Fans there were enjoying it just as much as the fans watching the TV across the nation. All four teams showed of our quality of football. What more would we want?

FWIW, I thought the fans at Villanova, though smaller in numbers than Montana, still showed proportionally the same amount of fanatical behavior and cheering towards the game. Both were very exciting.

soccerguy315
December 13th, 2009, 03:18 PM
When the playoffs started I thought 6 teams had a chance... 4 of them battled it out last week, and now we are down to 2. Two great football games.

so you support giving home games based on attendance? good to know.

JohnStOnge
December 13th, 2009, 03:22 PM

I think that if you have a stadium that's reasonably close to full and a lot of noise like is always the case for playoff games at Montana it does create a better impression in the mind of a casual fan just flipping through the channels looking for something to watch. It was a good game though and certainly better to watch than watching some of the gosh-awful FBS games between teams from leagues like the MAC and Sun Belt that they show during the year. And gosh-awful FBS games feature a lot of empty seats as well.

Anyway it looked to me like one side of the stadium had a lot of filled seats but the other side was practically empty. ESPN2 could've helped by doing what they do for the gosh-awful FBS games and stick to shots that don't really show too much of the empty seats. I didn't think the crowd noise was too bad. I could hear it.

Native
December 13th, 2009, 04:20 PM

True dat.

If promoting the FCS were our only objective, we should probably reserve home field advantage to the Grizzlies and Mountaineers every year.

grizdad
December 13th, 2009, 04:43 PM
I think that if you have a stadium that's reasonably close to full and a lot of noise like is always the case for playoff games at Montana it does create a better impression in the mind of a casual fan just flipping through the channels looking for something to watch. It was a good game though and certainly better to watch than watching some of the gosh-awful FBS games between teams from leagues like the MAC and Sun Belt that they show during the year. And gosh-awful FBS games feature a lot of empty seats as well.

Anyway it looked to me like one side of the stadium had a lot of filled seats but the other side was practically empty. ESPN2 could've helped by doing what they do for the gosh-awful FBS games and stick to shots that don't really show too much of the empty seats. I didn't think the crowd noise was too bad. I could hear it.

The upper deck tickets have access into a bar area indoors. I'm sure many of them were in there. I was there, and we didn't have hardly an empty seat.

gbhmt
December 13th, 2009, 05:57 PM

What that was was the south endzone. The deal with the south endzone is that they expanded the student section to extend partially into the south endzone, but the students are not assigned seats. Instead of filling that space, they choose to pack tight into the section they've always been in, right next to the south endzone. That started last year. If you look at where the students are standing, you can tell they're packed a lot tighter than the normal seats on that east side.

rcny46
December 13th, 2009, 06:41 PM

I couldn't agree with you more.One thing though.What is the FBS? I've never heard of that organization.