PDA

View Full Version : Marks of a good game

GrizzlyBill
December 12th, 2009, 10:06 PM
In the ESPN spotlight
the Mountaineers still expected to win,
and had an absolutely realistic chance to win,
until the last play of the game was over.

Some pure and righteous football was played today in Missoula.

back2back
December 12th, 2009, 10:09 PM
Thanks Bill, I will be pulling for the Griz next week. Hoping Armanti is picking up his 2nd Payton in Chattanooga as well. Go App State!

Yote 53
December 12th, 2009, 10:09 PM
Amen.

pitpen
December 12th, 2009, 10:28 PM
Any football not played tonight is just wrong.

slostang
December 12th, 2009, 10:29 PM
I had to go to my daughters basketball game at half time and recorded it on the DVR. Got home and the recording ended with App at the 25 yard line with 54 seconds to go. I almost threw something at the TV. Glad to see that Montana held on.

Great game by both teams.

Go Griz!!!

Bigskybandit
December 12th, 2009, 10:32 PM
There is nothing better than a great football game being played by two of the finest teams in fcs on a chilly afternoon in front of a national audience.

Appalachian State gave the Griz all they wanted and played an outstanding game. They have a great program and I hope their fans are as proud of their team as we are of ours.

I hope friday the game isn't quite as closethough. While I enjoy a great game I am not sure that my nerves can take another nail-biter like today

GO GRIZ!!!!

Grizaholic17
December 12th, 2009, 10:56 PM
It can not be stressed enough: there were 3 (at least) dropped passes in the end zone...what a shame for App...we will always wonder if they would have gone for two or tied it for overtime...

WestCoastAggie
December 12th, 2009, 11:00 PM
and they got the number one top play on SportsCenter. Man that was a HIT!

whoanellie
December 13th, 2009, 07:20 AM
AE throws 54 passes, 95 plays from srimmage 10 minute advantage in TOP . only 15 rushes and App loses? U0fM dodged a huge bullet..... App could not tackle the Bullet , Chase Reynolds.

UNH SUPERFAN
December 13th, 2009, 07:30 AM
In my opinion this was one of the best College football games played anywhere in a long time. To end the way this one ended was incredible. If ASU #8 had caught the ball at the goal line they probably would have had to review that play to see if he was in the endzone. These were two good teams going at one another for 60 minutes.

Hope 'Nova wins Friday, only blemish is v UNH.

Umass74
December 13th, 2009, 08:12 AM
Yes, football in December should have some snow. Great atmosphere for the gamexthumbsupx