December 12th, 2009, 06:25 PM
Montana is un-matched!!!

Congrats! You deserve it.xthumbsupx

yorkcountyUNHfan
December 12th, 2009, 06:26 PM
This is a great showing for FCS football

tractorapp
December 12th, 2009, 06:46 PM
Congrats Montana. Ya'll played great. Very proud of our guys, what a ride.

BarefootApp
December 12th, 2009, 06:57 PM
What a 5 year ride....and it was an honor watching the team/Armanti. The griz fans are great and i hope they win it all. Extremely proud to be an App.

Zoo
December 12th, 2009, 07:03 PM
This is a great showing for FCS football

Totally agreed. ESPN actually hyped this game up a lot more then your usual FCS game.

gbhmt
December 12th, 2009, 07:04 PM
It just looked absolutely insane on TV in HD! Wish I could have been there!

NDSUFREAK
December 12th, 2009, 07:05 PM
loved watching this game!! i agree, the atmosphere is matched by no one at this level

mistersykes
December 12th, 2009, 07:22 PM
Amazing atmosphere, Griz. Looked great on tv. Jerry Moore just gave you big props. He also said that FCS needed this game, which I wholeheartedly agree with. Great game for football. But UGGGGGG I wanted that game so bad...

TokyoGriz
December 12th, 2009, 07:32 PM
Great game app! Man I wish I could been there.

Our stadium really is a great place to watch a game. I really dont know if its the best in FCS but it has to be right up there.

doolittledog
December 12th, 2009, 07:33 PM
Great atmoshere, as loud on TV as any stadium that held 80,000. Great game on the field as well. Two very good teams giving it everything they had. Great advertisement for FCS football.

KiddBrewer
December 12th, 2009, 07:33 PM
The title says it all. Good game.

I graduate tomorrow morning. I gotta admit, I'm sad. But I am also spoiled. I will forever be a Mountaineer, and today, MY team got beat by a team that simply had more points. Congrats to you guys, and there is no doubt in my mind you will bring home a national championship to Montana next weekend. Once again, GOOD GAME:)xsmhxxnonono2xxoopsxxthumbsupxxthumbsupx

Baller1
December 12th, 2009, 07:37 PM
"I think alot of our fans tried to downplay the noise and weather before the game, but in the end that certainly played a role."

quote from an AUS Fan..... I know us Griz fans overdue it just a bit talking aobut the atmosphere at Washington Grizzly Stadium... but it really is as good/loud as anywhere in the country.... the fans made a difference today.... and THE GRIZ... showed that we have ATHLETES just like the southern teams do if not better....... APP STATE is everything that they say they are.... and WE in Montana LOVE THEM.... that team has SO much heart and SO much pride...... can't say enought from the boys/fans from Boone, NC..... WE IN MT LOVE YOU!!!!

CamelCityAppFan
December 12th, 2009, 08:06 PM
Congrats to the Griz! I hate to lose, but as I said in the other thread, Montana is only FCS team that I don't mind losing to as much.

Epic game, everything it was hyped to be. Glad it didn't end with someone taking a knee, but instead on the last play with both teams fighting to the end.

Looking forward to seeing you guys in Boone in 2012, or maybe next year in the playoffs? xsmiley_wix

Congrats again and go get Nova next week! Go Griz! xthumbsupx

msupokes1
December 12th, 2009, 08:07 PM
"I think alot of our fans tried to downplay the noise and weather before the game, but in the end that certainly played a role."

quote from an AUS Fan..... I know us Griz fans overdue it just a bit talking aobut the atmosphere at Washington Grizzly Stadium... but it really is as good/loud as anywhere in the country.... the fans made a difference today.... and THE GRIZ... showed that we have ATHLETES just like the southern teams do if not better....... APP STATE is everything that they say they are.... and WE in Montana LOVE THEM.... that team has SO much heart and SO much pride...... can't say enought from the boys/fans from Boone, NC..... WE IN MT LOVE YOU!!!!

Do you have multiple personalities?:) This is not what you are saying in your other threads.

Tod
December 12th, 2009, 08:08 PM
:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):):)

Thanks, guys. Of course, I'm not "Montana", but...thanks!!!

:Dxnodxxnodxxnodxxnodxxnodx

SU Jag
December 12th, 2009, 08:08 PM
Looked great on the tube! Way to go griz!

ASU Tailgaiteer
December 12th, 2009, 08:12 PM
Great Game!

No, What Ifs?

Congrats to Montana.

I don't think I could have made it through overtime.

AppIAA
December 12th, 2009, 08:13 PM
Agree.. hell of a game Griz..

Although I almost puked when Quick dropped the game tying catch, its been a treat..

I will be in Chatty cheering on the Griz!!!

Anyone want to bring my buddy and I a large t shirt???

TokyoGriz
December 12th, 2009, 08:14 PM
Good luck next year app. Sure we will see you again in the playoffs if you can replace AE.

Weather and Crowd all a factor despite the statements pre game by App. Montana faced comments all year it was in a fairly weak league and had easy scheduling thus untested. THis win really puts those arguments to rest. Any statements saying this have been deleted by mods but its a fair and true statement in IMHO.

GrizzlyBill
December 12th, 2009, 08:14 PM
Thanks Kidd.

Great game! Clean and hard fought all the way. No serious injuries (except the App guy who may have tweaked his ankle and was seen hobbling to the locker room), few penalties, no personal fouls or unsportsmanlike conduct. Just a great game. All it was cracked up to be, and more.

Some awesome hits! Keith Thompson laid a lick on Cline, separating him from the ball. Cline was slow getting up, but got a standing ovation from the crowd when he did get up alright. Awesome football!

GreatAppSt
December 12th, 2009, 08:15 PM
xbowxxbowxxbowx UM xbowxxbowxxbowx

elkmcc
December 12th, 2009, 08:17 PM
:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):):)

Thanks, guys. Of course, I'm not "Montana", but...thanks!!!

:Dxnodxxnodxxnodxxnodxxnodx

You are wrong on one point Tod. You were at the game, right? You are a part of "Montana". This was the best game atmosphere of any game I have attended at Wa/Griz.

The'neers were awesome. Griz fans will cherish this win.

Congrats to App ST for the great season.

Baller1
December 12th, 2009, 08:17 PM
APP STATE WAS GREAT.... UM HAS THE ATHLETES WHO ARE MONTANA BOYS.... GREAT GAME BY BOTH SQUADS......SORRY I DID NOT THINK AE WAS "JESUS" as advertised.... I STILL THOUGHT HE WAS GREAT..... #40 ON YOUR DEFENSE IS MY FAVORITE APPY PLAYER..... I LOVE APP STATE... PLEASE DON"T FREAK OUT ABOUT THIS POST.... JUST BEING HONEST

KiddBrewer
December 12th, 2009, 08:19 PM
nobody comment on baller1's post. just forget he ever posted it. keep this thread a legit congratulations thread. thanks.

TokyoGriz
December 12th, 2009, 08:20 PM
APP STATE WAS GREAT.... UM HAS THE ATHLETES WHO ARE MONTANA BOYS.... GREAT GAME BY BOTH SQUADS......SORRY I DID NOT THINK AE WAS "JESUS" as advertised.... I STILL THOUGHT HE WAS GREAT..... #40 ON YOUR DEFENSE IS MY FAVORITE APPY PLAYER..... I LOVE APP STATE... PLEASE DON"T FREAK OUT ABOUT THIS POST.... JUST BEING HONEST

I think hey call AE superman not jesus mate. Might want to not cap all your statement... seems rude.

Great game by both teams.

APPride
December 12th, 2009, 08:21 PM
awesome game. xbowx

Just want to come on here and congradulate the Griz. They did what they had to do and certainly earned their trip to Chattanooga. Bring it home, I wanna know we lost to the champs!

KiddBrewer
December 12th, 2009, 08:22 PM
awesome game. xbowx

Just want to come on here and congradulate the Griz. They did what they had to do and certainly earned their trip to Chattanooga. Bring it home, I wanna know we lost to the champs!

ha for the second year in a row.....xcoolxxmadxxbowx:)

TokyoGriz
December 12th, 2009, 08:22 PM
awesome game. xbowx

Think its safe to say all the griz fans were feeling the same if app had won this game. Lets take down the CAA a notch!

xthumbsupxxpeacex

Baller1
December 12th, 2009, 08:24 PM
LOVE THE GRIZ........LOVE APP STATE.... NOT TRYING TO START ANTYING..... JUST HOPING THAT UM GETS A LITTLE CREDIT...... WHAT A GREAT GAME..... GO GRIZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BlackNGold
December 12th, 2009, 08:27 PM
Think its safe to say all the griz fans were feeling the same if app had won this game. Lets take down the CAA a notch!

xthumbsupxxpeacex

Yes... Gonna pull for ya, really upset that I cant be pullin for my Neers though xviolinxxbangx

Congrats xsmileyclapx

AppIAA
December 12th, 2009, 08:29 PM
LOVE THE GRIZ........LOVE APP STATE.... NOT TRYING TO START ANTYING..... JUST HOPING THAT UM GETS A LITTLE CREDIT...... WHAT A GREAT GAME..... GO GRIZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But yet you say AE (possibly the best player in FCS history) is over rated...

Think again my friend.. grow a brain, stop drinking, and appreciate talent when you see it...

Baller1
December 12th, 2009, 08:32 PM
But yet you say AE (possibly the best player in FCS history) is over rated...

Think again my friend.. grow a brain, stop drinking, and appreciate talent when you see it...

Trust Me.... Randy Moss is the best player in FCS history..... AE is a GREAT player though...... montana was just better tonight.... GREAT game ASU!!!! Please read the thread I started on EGRIZ

http://www.egriz.com/grizboard/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=41454

ngineer
December 12th, 2009, 08:38 PM
That was an excellent show for FCS football. The fans in Montana are definitely 'zeroed in'. Both semi-final games were very entertaining. Hopefully, next week's shindig in Chatty is as good.xnodx

uofmman1122
December 12th, 2009, 08:39 PM
What a game!

So glad I can say that I was there!

Best game I've seen in a long time!

WyomingGrizFan
December 12th, 2009, 09:00 PM
You all just don't know just how much Moose Drool (brewed in Missoula, of course) I had to go throught to get this far; victory!!!!

Appalachian State. Best team we've ever defeated!!!!

Man; one second, one play left and I was still sweating it out. Hard to believe we were in the game even at that. Can't believe those over the middle passes to Cline for who knows how many yards, time and time again. Great game!!! Great teams!!!

This is the best drunk I've had in ten years!!!!

WOMAN!!! Where are ya when I need ya!!!

Now's the time to celebrate!!!

Too drunk to do anything. Can't beat that with a stick!!!

fencer24
December 12th, 2009, 09:06 PM
App is a great team and AE is unbelievable. Seems like everytime we got close to him, he winged it out to some fantastic receivers. I however, am darned glad it didn't go to overtime. It was starting to get seriously cold there.

El Griz
December 12th, 2009, 09:08 PM
Moss was the best payer ever in FCS. Edwards was easily the second best. I personally was amazed by his poise. Extremely glad I had the opportunity to watch him in person.

SpeedkingATL
December 12th, 2009, 09:33 PM
Congrats Griz. Great football game. I might have to drive to Chatty from Atlanta to make sure to cheer you on against Nova.

Well done Griz and another great year Apps. Just came up a few yards short.

Grizalltheway
December 12th, 2009, 09:36 PM
Moss was the best payer ever in FCS. Edwards was easily the second best. I personally was amazed by his poise. Extremely glad I had the opportunity to watch him in person.

xnonox

Rice, Ewards, Moss.

TokyoGriz
December 12th, 2009, 09:42 PM
Its a bit silly to argue who was the best of FCS ever. Different positions, eras, etc. Hard to quantify anyone saying so and so is the best period.... just comes down to opinions.

Now if you had a top 10 list then ya Id put AE towards the top for sure. Guess you could say he is the best qb to come out of FCS with a bit more clarity to be honest.

Grizaholic17
December 12th, 2009, 10:43 PM
Absolutely amazing showing. My head hurts not because of alcohol, but because of yelling. You all are so appreciative and nice. I know us Griz fans appreciate every moment we have with this team...and we appreciate App St and everything they brought to the table...twas a clash of the Titans...that is for sure.

Soon again you will "Give em Hell Apps".

The crowd really does look great on ESPN..

GeeWiz
December 12th, 2009, 11:03 PM
Congrats to the Griz on the huge win.

I know this question may have been asked to Montana fans, but with that stadium, fan support and atmosphere how come Montana hasn't tried to move up to the FBS level?

You guys could possibly be another Boise State.

Good luck against 'Nova, however, I'll have to stick to my allegiances and root for 'Nova. It's a CAA thing.

SeattleGriz
December 12th, 2009, 11:04 PM
What an amazing game. So glad I drove over from Seattle to attend.

My head hurts as well from yelling. Really sad when you have to stop yelling to catch your breath, only to start the noise back up when you can.

After the game was over, I ran onto the field and ran into the kicker McKnight and said, "congratulations, awesome game". He gave me a big hug and was absolutely ecstatic. Kind of hilarious.

TokyoGriz
December 12th, 2009, 11:09 PM
What an amazing game. So glad I drove over from Seattle to attend.

My head hurts as well from yelling. Really sad when you have to stop yelling to catch your breath, only to start the noise back up when you can.

After the game was over, I ran onto the field and ran into the kicker McKnight and said, "congratulations, awesome game". He gave me a big hug and was absolutely ecstatic. Kind of hilarious.

Mcknight needs some loving really lol. xsmiley_wix Maybe it will get him fired up for next week add the extra 10 yards to his FGs we need out of him.

Grizaholic17
December 12th, 2009, 11:10 PM
Mcknight needs some loving really lol. xsmiley_wix Maybe it will get him fired up for next week add the extra 10 yards to his FGs we need out of him.

His pregame kicks were definitely looking pretty sad. haha

09griz
December 12th, 2009, 11:23 PM
If I wasn't before, I am officially now a fan of Appalachian state after the game that was played today. I've never seen such a tough and resilient group of guys fight tooth and nail until the very end. Armanti is a special player of the first order and to pretend that we couldn't have lost that game would be to deny his abilities. My brother and I have always talked about how great it would be to have App State come and play in Missoula and its still hard to believe that we got our wish and Montana came out on top. I don't think I've ever seen a more significant and memorable game. I think its time I got myself an App State hoodie to show my respect.

Grizaholic17
December 12th, 2009, 11:30 PM
If I wasn't before, I am officially now a fan of Appalachian state after the game that was played today. I've never seen such a tough and resilient group of guys fight tooth and nail until the very end. Armanti is a special player of the first order and to pretend that we couldn't have lost that game would be to deny his abilities. My brother and I have always talked about how great it would be to have App State come and play in Missoula and its still hard to believe that we got our wish and Montana came out on top. I don't think I've ever seen a more significant and memorable game. I think its time I got myself an App State hoodie to show my respect.

I was wearing a New Orleans Saints jacket in the student section. It took me about 5 minutes to convince everyone I was a Griz fan...awesome.

100%GRIZ
December 12th, 2009, 11:39 PM
That was one of the funnest games I have ever witnessed!!! AE was as advertised!!! I mean Grizzlies draped all over him and he still completes the pass!!! Just Awesome!!! The conditions today were anything but perfect. The snow, swirling winds. The conditions did not at all hurt AEs ability to complete passes. If he does not get a good look in the NFL (Buffalo, Denver, Green Bay) then something is wrong!!! The Griz - Just a lot of heart and determination!!! They expect to win and some how do it!!! Congrats to both teams for putting the FCS back on the radar screen!!! Go Griz, Beat Nova!!!

Squealofthepig
December 12th, 2009, 11:45 PM
Congrats to the Griz on the huge win.

I know this question may have been asked to Montana fans, but with that stadium, fan support and atmosphere how come Montana hasn't tried to move up to the FBS level?

You guys could possibly be another Boise State.

Good luck against 'Nova, however, I'll have to stick to my allegiances and root for 'Nova. It's a CAA thing.

The quick skivvy: The UM system kinda moves together. As Montana goes, so must Montana state. You can also say "Big Fish in a Small Pond" but it's a rather detailed conversations - lots of similar discussions in the archives (conferences, long track record of teams not succeeding at FBS level, geographic constrictions, Montana State issues, etc.)

And totally understand on the CAA cheering - wouldn't expect anything less, just as I imagine there will be many cheering for the Griz because they aren't CAA. Looking forward to the Wildcats/Griz in Chatty on Friday!

Proud Griz Man
December 13th, 2009, 12:24 AM
The title says it all. Good game.

I graduate tomorrow morning. I gotta admit, I'm sad. But I am also spoiled. I will forever be a Mountaineer, and today, MY team got beat by a team that simply had more points. Congrats to you guys, and there is no doubt in my mind you will bring home a national championship to Montana next weekend. Once again, GOOD GAME:)xsmhxxnonono2xxoopsxxthumbsupxxthumbsupx

Good Game to your team as well, as it feels like a 15-round heavyweight fight where every second of the game was critical. xeekx
I want to say to the ASU folks, congratulations on your success and looking forward to the UM-ASU home-and-away series starting in 2012.xthumbsupx

09griz
December 13th, 2009, 05:44 AM
I iterated this previously, but any Montana fan should (like I have just done), buy an APP shirt just to show how much respect we have for them as they showed us today on the field. I have never felt so much admiration and regard for a team than the Grizzlies and the Mountaineers today. Without a doubt the best Div 1 FCS game ever....You have to admit. I **** myself every time AE was throwing the ball.

UD77
December 13th, 2009, 06:15 AM
That atmosphere was unbelievable. Why do you have seats in the stadium - no one used them?
We get as many in the tub but the only time everyone is standing up is when peeing on the wall.

Purple7
December 13th, 2009, 10:42 AM
Congrats Montana!
http://popup.lala.com/popup/360569462348474350

THE FRANCHISE
December 13th, 2009, 10:47 AM
I was at the game in the North End Zone. What an amazing night. so much respect for ASU's players, coaches and fans. I will never forget that night. The stadium was rocking, a few times I just looked around and took it all in. Even the old folks were up and moving to the music. Neither team ever gave up and kept up the fight. With a minute left my knees were weak knowing of AE's ability to bring his team back. Damn, I am still amazed. thanks for all the props

mlbowl
December 13th, 2009, 10:49 AM
Great Game!

No, What Ifs?

Congrats to Montana.

I don't think I could have made it through overtime.

I'm with you on that onexnodx...WHAT A GAME!!!

ncman071
December 13th, 2009, 10:52 AM
Montana fans,

All i got to say is that you guys have a wonderful outstanding program. I was admittingly very upset after the game last night. So many penalties on the o line, so many dropped balls...the list goes on. Last night was a tough, hard fought game between two teams that wanted it badly. We will be back, but you guys deserve it!

Your team played their butts off and did what they needed to do to win. People can say what they want to about your schedule, but all that matters is 14-0 and a trip to Chatty. Good luck...go win!

Poker Alan
December 13th, 2009, 11:20 AM
Sat in the north endzone as well, and also found myself just looking around, taking all of the atmosphere in. It was indeed a special afternoon/night in Missoula last night, the 2nd half of that game was epic, breathtaking, exhilirating, frightening and incredible, all wrapped up in one.

I ran into quite a few App St fans before the game, it was great talking with them, their fans seem so similar to the Griz fans in knowledge and passion.

I have decided to take the road trip to Chatty this week, who has driven it from Missoula before, and, I need help/info on where to stay & play...

Green26
December 13th, 2009, 11:56 AM
Several of the refs told players and spectators on the sidelines that they had officiated and played in many stadiums, but they had never seen anything like the atmosphere and noise in Griz stadium.

rancher griz
December 13th, 2009, 12:23 PM
I was very impressed by Appy's toughness, in particular Edwards. It is EXTREMELY tough to throw a football in those type of conditions, yet Edwards was still very efficient and made throws that very few players have the ability to make. I really hope he gets a chance to play in the league. His size might hurt his chances a bit, but I feel that somebody is going to get a great steal by dafting him. Congrats to Appy on developing a top notch program. It was a very even game between two very evenly matched teams. Edwards stood out though. Good luck to him.

McNeese72
December 13th, 2009, 12:24 PM
You are wrong on one point Tod. You were at the game, right? You are a part of "Montana". This was the best game atmosphere of any game I have attended at Wa/Griz.

The'neers were awesome. Griz fans will cherish this win.

Congrats to App ST for the great season.

Elk!!! Long time, no see.

Congrats to the Griz. I'll be rooting for you guys in the NC game.

Doc

How's the ice fishing?

elkmcc
December 13th, 2009, 01:28 PM
Elk!!! Long time, no see.

Congrats to the Griz. I'll be rooting for you guys in the NC game.

Doc

How's the ice fishing?

Thanks Richard. It has been too long.

Ice fishing just getting into gear now. This last cold spell certainly made some ice.

BDKJMU
December 13th, 2009, 01:47 PM

Learn how to type without the all caps. xrolleyesx

BDKJMU
December 13th, 2009, 01:52 PM
ESPN f'ed up bigtime by not putting the ASU/Montana game in the Fri night prime time slot with that great atmosphere and having the Nova/W&M game with the HS crowd as the Sat afternoon game.

proasu89
December 13th, 2009, 01:55 PM
ESPN f'ed up bigtime by not putting the ASU/Montana game in the Fri night prime time slot with that great atmosphere and having the Nova/W&M game with the HS crowd as the Sat afternoon game.

I'm not sure but I think that our exam schedule had something to do with the Saturday game. It certainly didn't hurt having the extra day for travel as well. I'm glad that common sense won out.

ericsaid
December 13th, 2009, 01:59 PM
What if Brian 'Quick had made that last grab?

ncguitarplyr
December 13th, 2009, 02:05 PM
I've been to NFL games, "big time" college games, and I'd always considered the App State games and National Championships in Chattanooga the best atmosphere I'd ever seen

but from what I saw just on tv Montana seems like it was right there on the same level, I was impressed with the crowds that stayed through halftime in those weather conditions

Ronbo
December 13th, 2009, 02:39 PM
Quote from an App. State fan that was actually at the game and knows what happened. From the App. State message board.

To: GoldJacket06 unread (55 of 57)

30435.55 in reply to 30435.23

To say their atmosphere is better than ours in blasphemy. We had a chance to make a play at the end of the game and that is all you can ask for. To say that crowd was any better than what we would have produced for a home game is misguided.

I was at the game today and I know I will be blasted here, but unless you (not directed towards you GoldJacket) were there today, you can't respond to me here. Their atmosphere is a lot better than The Rock. Their crowd makes Michigan's 109,000 sound like mice. I promise you that there isn't another stadium in our division like Montana's stadium and fans. It was the loudest place I have ever been to in my life. Our 30K+ isn't even close to the 22,000 I heard today. The experience was awesome today.

Their fans are the best fans in all of college football. They loved our team, fans and AE. They said he was the best QB they have ever seen. They are looking forward to coming to The Rock in 2012.

ALL I CAN SAY, IS PLEASE START SAVING UP YOUR MONEY FOR 2013. YOU WILL NOT WANT TO LEAVE MONTANA AFTER THE GAME. The place freaking rock and you will be treated with 100% RESPECT from all the fans. I just can't tell everyone on this board how nice the Montana fans are and the respect they give our Apps!!!

We had a great season and we all need to keep our heads up and stop all this fighting on the other treads. We are upset right now, but we got beat by a VERY GOOD team, better than what I thought.

Go Apps!!

Poker Alan
December 13th, 2009, 03:21 PM

I disagree with this, I think the late Sat. afternoon time slot was a great way to really highlight this game... from what I have watched on the TIVO so far, the production quality was outstanding & this game (as coach Moore stated) does give a boost to FCS football.

JohnStOnge
December 13th, 2009, 03:28 PM
It just looked absolutely insane on TV in HD! Wish I could have been there!

It did look good. I think the harsh weather made it more of a classic. That was really a good playoff football game right down to the last Appalachian State play where the wideout had a chance to catch a TD to put them into position to tie but didn't make the catch. And, no, I'm not criticizing him because those WERE harsh conditions. The point is that he had a chance and that made the finish even more dramatic.

BUT...I do NOT wish I could have been there. That's one game I was very happy to watch from the WARM comfort of my living room.

Grizaholic17
December 13th, 2009, 03:30 PM

ASU goes for two and doesn't convert...end of game :p

JohnStOnge
December 13th, 2009, 03:33 PM

Then they'd have had to make the extra point then if that happened they'd have had to go into overtime. But I do not fault Quick for not making that grab nor do I fault Appalachian State receivers for some of their other drops during that game. Those were very harsh conditions and my guess is that none of those guys had ever played in conditions quite like that. I know it gets cold in the North Carolina mountains but I don't know if those guys ever played a football game in anything like THAT. I think overall they played darned well.

I'm not sure but I don't think any Southern team has EVER gone up there and beaten Montana in the playoffs. Appalachian State came darned close to pulling it off and they came darned close in "classic" Missoula conditions.

Griz0383
December 13th, 2009, 03:44 PM
I don't remember leaving the stadium! I can't get this big goofy smile off my face! AE has ice in his veins! He is one cool cat! Thanks for the memories and the amazing finale! I feel blessed to be a FCS Fan!xbowxxbowx

Ronbo
December 13th, 2009, 03:44 PM
I would really give Quick a break. He was fully extended horizontally, he had to dive out that way to just have a chance at the ball. The ball was thrown hard and he did everything he could to just have a chance on the ball. I'm also quite sure his hands were very cold and to catch a ball like that would have been a feat. Even in warm conditions it would have been a spectacular catch.

Shellin
December 13th, 2009, 03:45 PM
Then they'd have had to make the extra point then if that happened they'd have had to go into overtime. But I do not fault Quick for not making that grab nor do I fault Appalachian State receivers for some of their other drops during that game. Those were very harsh conditions and my guess is that none of those guys had ever played in conditions quite like that. I know it gets cold in the North Carolina mountains but I don't know if those guys ever played a football game in anything like THAT. I think overall they played darned well.

I'm not sure but I don't think any Southern team has EVER gone up there and beaten Montana in the playoffs. Appalachian State came darned close to pulling it off and they came darned close in "classic" Missoula conditions.

Wofford xbawlingx

appstate38
December 13th, 2009, 03:51 PM
I know there are plenty of thread about this already but I didn't want my thoughts to get lost in the numerous other threads.
Watching the Griz play I come away with a couple of thoughts. I believe you guys possess the best FCS home game environment..... The Apps can be that loud but we also have had a tendency to sit on our hands at times..... I think it is getting better each year though... Your fans are insane and you guys earned a hard fought win.... Good luck next week!!!!! Much respect for the Griz

P.S. Achilles heel for the APPS!!!! Just play us west of the Mississippi. 0-9 nowxbawlingx

JohnStOnge
December 13th, 2009, 03:53 PM
Wofford xbawlingx

Ah, yes. How could I have forgotten? But how was the weather?

Ronbo
December 13th, 2009, 04:08 PM
From the Egriz board posted by rennido.

My mother called me last night, she said "You won't believe it, I stepped outside and could HEAR the stadium from outside the house!" From over four miles away (39th past Albertsons), she could hear Griz Nation.

gbhmt
December 13th, 2009, 04:12 PM
It did look good. I think the harsh weather made it more of a classic. That was really a good playoff football game right down to the last Appalachian State play where the wideout had a chance to catch a TD to put them into position to tie but didn't make the catch. And, no, I'm not criticizing him because those WERE harsh conditions. The point is that he had a chance and that made the finish even more dramatic.

BUT...I do NOT wish I could have been there. That's one game I was very happy to watch from the WARM comfort of my living room.

That's understandable, but this is the first year in ten years that I haven't made every home game, let alone any of them. I witnessed the best Washington-Griz environment to date when we played UMass, and I'm pretty bummed I had to miss the one that beat it. That said, it was still one of the most exhilarating experiences I've had watching the Griz.

CrunchGriz
December 13th, 2009, 05:55 PM

It was about the same temperature, but without the snow and wind, so much better conditions overall.

Silenoz
December 13th, 2009, 06:19 PM
Just got back

Amazing game, amazing finish. I wouldn't have even been that upset if we lost, both teams deserve to continue their season. Edwards was money all day through the air, a lot of fun to watch. I'm was actually afraid I was gonna blow out my vocal chords from the non-stop screaming. Or at least pass out.

furman94
December 13th, 2009, 06:29 PM
That was the best FCS game I've watched all season, and what an atmosphere! I wish FU could come up there and repay you for that 2001 game in Nooga xcoolx ... maybe in a few years... when we get more than 6-7 wins... hey a man can dream, can't he?

APPdopted
December 13th, 2009, 06:37 PM
I was truly impressed with the atmosphere there and the crowd noise! I've been to a handful of the top 10 FBS stadiums and the gameday atmosphere yesterday at WaGriz rivaled anything I've been to. I was not there, but I was that impressed with it even on TV, I know in person woulda sold me even more. I hope that we keep the Home and Home with you, b/c I know you'll be equally impressed with Kidd Brewer. And I'll do everything I can to make the trip to your place!

3PeatNation
December 13th, 2009, 06:59 PM
The crowd noise was so loud that listening to it on Appalachian's radio broadcast made me feel like i was there, great atmosphere.

LovetheGriz
December 13th, 2009, 09:14 PM
xhurrayxHats off to both teams, coaches and fans! Great support of your teams, great game, and the mutual respect for two powerhouse teams makes it even better. This game was so exciting, I read this forum (and 20 other internet sites) off and on for four days!

Thank you to all App fans who came to Missoula. I hope you enjoyed yourselves despite the loss, got a chance to see some of beautiful western Montana and were treated well by Griznation. Just like you guys, we really love our team. If there was ever a time I wished I could have made it back to my hometown....

App State, I am now a fan of yours too and will follow your team next year. I agree that the games matching our two teams in the future will be great to look forward to.

I was so thankful the game didn't go into overtime..... I about stroked during the South Dakota State game and OT during this one would have pushed me over the edge for sure!xlolx

GO GRIZ!! TAKE IT TO THE TOP IN CHATTY!!

GolfingGriz
December 13th, 2009, 10:19 PM
The crowd noise was so loud that listening to it on Appalachian's radio broadcast made me feel like i was there, great atmosphere.

Is the APP radio broadcast available online somewhere? I've always really liked your two guys and would really like to listen to the forth quarter.

GolfingGriz
December 13th, 2009, 10:27 PM
I've been to all but about ten home games since 1995 and I have never experienced anything like that yesterday. I think the 1995 semi game woulda been great, but I was only 6 and missed that game. I have never heard WaGriz as loud as it was for Schillinger's pick, Sabrano's catch, and the stop at the end.I rewatched the game last night, and was still nervous and on the edge of my seat even though I knew the outcome.

ESPN did a great job broadcasting the game and really liked all of the student section shots. I don't think I have ever seen that many crowd shots during a football game, but every single time everyone was going nuts and thats exactly how the game was. I really liked how for the last play the announcer just said enjoy and let u watch and listen.

Special thanks to App. State as they were a tremendous opponent. That game could have gone either way and we were fortunate to pull that one out. That may be the best team the Grizzlies have ever beaten in Washington Grizzly. I was particularly impressed with Armanti, Moore, and Roman.

crabby terrier
December 13th, 2009, 10:30 PM
It was about the same temperature, but without the snow and wind, so much better conditions overall.

are you saying you need bad weather to beat better teams?:D:Dxsmiley_wixxsmiley_wixxsmiley_wix

GREAT JOB to both teams!xbowx i thouroughly enjoyed watching on tube. if we ever make it back to wa/griz for a game, i will do everything in my power to make the trip! the atmoshere looked great on tv and must have been unbelievably INCREDIBLE in person!

congrats griz! good luck next week!xthumbsupx

gbhmt
December 13th, 2009, 11:31 PM
Is the APP radio broadcast available online somewhere? I've always really liked your two guys and would really like to listen to the forth quarter.

Yeah I'd love to hear it. Also, does anybody know if there is a link somewhere to Holien's calling of it? I'd really love to hear that as well.

GolfingGriz
December 14th, 2009, 12:16 AM
Yeah I'd love to hear it. Also, does anybody know if there is a link somewhere to Holien's calling of it? I'd really love to hear that as well.

They used to put them on MontanaGrizzlies.com, but then stopped for some reason. xconfusedx

gbhmt
December 14th, 2009, 02:39 AM
They used to put them on MontanaGrizzlies.com, but then stopped for some reason. xconfusedx

Yeah I remember that, under the multimedia section.

batrack
December 14th, 2009, 02:59 AM

Where does Jerry Rice fit into this conversation.

Ronbo
December 14th, 2009, 05:37 AM

It wasn't anything like Saturday. It was sunny and in the low 30's and little wind. I was very comfortable at the Wofford game.

The game Saturday was 17 degrees, a wind of 12 mph, and a wind chill around zero.

Green26
December 14th, 2009, 05:45 AM
Where does Jerry Rice fit into this conversation.

Where do Walter Payton and Buck Buchanan fit into this conversation? Did someone name awards after them?

How about qb's like Kurt Warner, Rich Gannon, Phil Simms, Steve McNair, Tony Romo?

Black and Gold Express
December 14th, 2009, 07:45 AM

http://www.goasu.com/newMediaPlayer/sl/console.htm?&type=live&KEY=&oemid=21500

Click on On Demand and it's there.

You need Silverlight installed to play it.

Kemo
December 14th, 2009, 11:18 AM
Agree.. hell of a game Griz..

Although I almost puked when Quick dropped the game tying catch, its been a treat..

I will be in Chatty cheering on the Griz!!!

Anyone want to bring my buddy and I a large t shirt???

Try watching your team blow a 41-14 lead against the possible FCS Champs... puking might have been refreshing in that instance

crabby terrier
December 14th, 2009, 05:21 PM
It wasn't anything like Saturday. It was sunny and in the low 30's and little wind. I was very comfortable at the Wofford game.

The game Saturday was 17 degrees, a wind of 12 mph, and a wind chill around zero.

go to youtube and watch highlights of wofford game. announcers say game time temp is 14 degrees!

B&G
December 14th, 2009, 07:12 PM
Where do Walter Payton and Buck Buchanan fit into this conversation? Did someone name awards after them?

How about qb's like Kurt Warner, Rich Gannon, Phil Simms, Steve McNair, Tony Romo?

Those guys played in I-AA. So to say AE is the best FCS player ever doesn't really disparage those guys. I know, it's a technicality.

crabby terrier
December 14th, 2009, 09:41 PM
go to youtube and watch highlights of wofford game. announcers say game time temp is 14 degrees!

here's the link.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQmpG7Ue-ZE

man, i still enjoy watching that highlight reel! what a game!

GET 'EM GRIZ!!!xthumbsupx

SeattleGriz
December 14th, 2009, 09:51 PM
here's the link.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQmpG7Ue-ZE

man, i still enjoy watching that highlight reel! what a game!

GET 'EM GRIZ!!!xthumbsupx

The wind wasn't blowing and the sun was out. That helped a good amount.

crabby terrier
December 14th, 2009, 10:02 PM
The wind wasn't blowing and the sun was out. That helped a good amount.

i never said we didn't have better weather conditions for BOTH our teams! i just disagreed with ronbo's post that said it was 30 degrees. it was not. it was 14 degrees... and sunny and less windy. certainly bitter cold for us southern boys. i don't have a problem with that and i am still cheering for the griz.