PDA

View Full Version : I had to.....

Rekdiver
December 10th, 2009, 12:31 PM
Looks like the weather has been taken outof play with a forcasted high of 32.....

That also means that the unsold tickets (which I'm having a hard time believing) ought to be sold.............
And that means more noise!!!!!!!!!!!xbawlingx

89Hen
December 10th, 2009, 01:41 PM
Will the warmer temps make it louder?

Mountaineer#96
December 10th, 2009, 01:45 PM
Looks like the weather has been taken outof play with a forcasted high of 32.....

That also means that the unsold tickets (which I'm having a hard time believing) ought to be sold.............

They have unsold tickets? How is this possible on Thursday....xsmhx

What is going on up there?

89Hen
December 10th, 2009, 01:49 PM
They have unsold tickets? How is this possible on Thursday....xsmhx

What is going on up there?
Some fans could have been afraid of the cold and the noise. xeyebrowx

GrizFanStuckInUtah
December 10th, 2009, 01:49 PM

I'll dig out my physics books from college and get back to you later when I've found the right formulas xrotatehxxsmiley_wix

HappyAppy13
December 10th, 2009, 01:54 PM

how many tickets are still unsold?

bigappfan10
December 10th, 2009, 01:58 PM
Breaking News:
Here's a link to 50 seconds of stadium noise Montana fans listen to everyday during football season to assist in full cheer preperation. I hear the mp3 was recorded at a Montana football game but that report cannot be officially verified. However, from CNN reports I have seen, several fans were taken to local hospitals due to various ruptured eardrum issues during this recording.

http://popup.lala.com/popup/2810527677913124696

In addition, it has been reported that Montana fans are preparing for Saturday's game by yelling all week, irregardless of the situation.
At dinner yesterday, Gunner Lyles of 415 Grizzly Rd was heard yelling, "HEY WOMAN, PASS THE GIBLETS!"

Rekdiver
December 10th, 2009, 02:26 PM
On the griz website is mentioned only 22,500 sold and I thought the capacity was around 25k ........Not sure if they sell any standing room..damn if I know where you fit in anymore people in that arena....By the way I would guess that the temperature in the stadium ownt' make any difference in the decible level. Other than eating a lot of beans I dont know what other sound producing devices the have up yonder......

paul1978
December 10th, 2009, 02:28 PM
xlolx You all are just too much. xrotatehx And here a thought it was only some CAA fans who posted such funny... stuff. :D

HappyAppy13
December 10th, 2009, 02:29 PM
On the griz website is mentioned only 22,500 sold and I thought the capacity was around 25k ........Not sure if they sell any standing room..damn if I know where you fit in anymore people in that arena....By the way I would guess that the temperature in the stadium ownt' make any difference in the decible level. Other than eating a lot of beans I dont know what other sound producing devices the have up yonder......

man, i really wish i could have cut into those left over tix....but 72 hour round drive is out of my reach right now as a poor little college kid. ha xbawlingxxbawlingx

fltheadgriz
December 10th, 2009, 02:30 PM
Don't know where you got 32 degrees on Saturday from?
This link provides a way better look at the temp:
http://www.accuweather.com/us/mt/missoula/59801/forecast.asp?partner=forecastfox&traveler=0&zipChg=1&metric=0
Looks like low 20s with possibly 1 inch of snow.
Not too bad considering earlier this week was below 0

Is the bad weather that is currently hitting the east coast and midwest hitting any part of where App State is?

GrizFanStuckInUtah
December 10th, 2009, 02:31 PM
Dam you 89......

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Density_of_air
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Impedance

The colder it is the quieter it will be, the impedance goes up as the temperature drops. The colder it is, the slower the sound travels too so we want it warmer xrulesx

:D

Tod
December 10th, 2009, 02:33 PM

Personally, I've been avoiding all of the weather and noise crap, but...WOOOOOO!

Been keeping a close eye on the weather myself, and I'm so glad it will be warm(er)!

Weather won't be a factor, and the fans will be warm. Glad to know it!

Come on Saturday! Get here already!

As an aside...My bro, his wife and 18 year old son will be over on Friday and we're having a party and watching the W&M/'Nova game. We'll be tailgating by 11:00 on Saturday.

xthumbsupxxthumbsupx

HappyAppy13
December 10th, 2009, 02:34 PM
http://www.accuweather.com/us/mt/missoula/59801/forecast.asp?partner=forecastfox&traveler=0&zipChg=1&metric=0

Is the bad weather that is currently hitting the east coast and midwest hitting any part of where App State is?

sittin in my dorm right now... 30 degrees with a wind chill of 19...sunshinin' though

we had bout 1/4 of freezing rain from that system 2 nights ago, but just rain otherwise.

Tod
December 10th, 2009, 02:36 PM

From right here:

http://www.weather.com/outlook/health/allergies/weekend/59806?from=36hr_topnav_allergies

fltheadgriz
December 10th, 2009, 02:37 PM
That is great that the system missed App State.
I wonder if the system (storm) hit Villanova hard?

biggie
December 10th, 2009, 02:38 PM

Someone's confused somewhere, weather.com says high 32 and low 26:
http://www.weather.com/outlook/travel/businesstraveler/tenday/USMT0231?from=36hr_topnav_business

As for Boone, just mostly clear currently 27, high of 30 today, low of 16 and 35mph wind gusts. Saturday high of 38, low of 30 with mintry mix and freezing rain Sunday.

fltheadgriz
December 10th, 2009, 02:39 PM
I will stick with AccuWeather, they have not been wrong when I have had to count on them while traveling in MT for my job.
They usually nail it within 1 degree almost every time.

Rekdiver
December 10th, 2009, 02:40 PM
weather channel says 32.....NWS service says 26

89Hen
December 10th, 2009, 04:40 PM
Dam you 89......
So I was right. It WILL be loud in your stadium. :D

CopperCat
December 10th, 2009, 04:47 PM

I don't think so. Cold air is more dense, thus it carries sound better. When it is warmer, the air is less dense and sound waves dissipate quicker.

It won't be cold enough to really matter though. Griz will still win. They are on a roll, moreso than ASU, methinks. When you are down by 21 at halftime and score 34 UNANSWERED POINTS in the fourth quarter, you are a force to be reckoned with.

One more thing: Mariani is an unstoppable force. Period. Good luck to the ASU defense on that one.

Skjellyfetti
December 10th, 2009, 04:52 PM
One more thing: Mariani is an unstoppable force. Period. Good luck to the ASU defense on that one.

Second or third best receiver we've faced this year. And he is stoppable.

He's definitely the best return man we've played... and that's where he really scares me. I have a feeling he will burn us once. Jerry always kicks deep. xmadx I really hope it's just once.

AshevilleApp
December 10th, 2009, 04:56 PM
I'll dig out my physics books from college and get back to you later when I've found the right formulas xrotatehxxsmiley_wix

As a Physics teacher....the warmer temps would have no affect on the Amplitude of sound coming from the source(s) but would have an effect on the speed of sound so it will just get to the pleyers slightly faster....

Enjoy

Silenoz
December 10th, 2009, 04:59 PM
Second or third best receiver we've faced this year. And he is stoppable.

He's definitely the best return man we've played... and that's where he really scares me. I have a feeling he will burn us once. Jerry always kicks deep. xmadx I really hope it's just once.

Very debatable. I've seen Hudgins play and he is athletic as hell, but I'd rather have Mariani on my team. I mean just imagine his numbers if he got 120 balls a season xeekx

Torgo
December 10th, 2009, 04:59 PM
The weather certainly won't be an issue in this one. This is pretty warm for Montana standards at this time of the year and pretty normal for what Appalachian must be used to. The cold weather itself may come into play for a couple plays, but it certainly won't be an advantage to either team.

The noise...yeah, everyone is sick of hearing it but it will be a factor...how much of one is anyone's guess, but the noise will be louder than Appalachian has faced as a visitor yet without any question.

The fact the tickets aren't sold out yet is quite interesting, but there is the issue of most of the student section being out of Missoula at this time of year. Most of the people I know going to the game are graduates, most current students are en route home, and there's a high number of out-of-staters at UM. Still, at a game like this I'd expect tickets to have sold out by now. I think they will by gametime, but the fact its even in question is pretty shocking.

I'd give anything to bring down the tickets left number by 1, but I'm kinda far away for this one :p

saccat
December 10th, 2009, 05:01 PM
Does anyone have a picture of this amazing, pop your ear drums, get blinded by the sheer awesomeness, stadium? I have never heard of it before today.

GrizFanStuckInUtah
December 10th, 2009, 05:17 PM
Does anyone have a picture of this amazing, pop your ear drums, get blinded by the sheer awesomeness, stadium? I have never heard of it before today.

One hasn't been posted in the last 5 minutes, I am pretty sure :p