PDA

View Full Version : The Real Story/ UM

Rekdiver
December 10th, 2009, 10:29 AM
The ASU coaches have publicly (to the media)stated their respect for UM's diciplined passing game, how much the QB has improved since the Richmond game last year and the "pro" routes and great decision making of the entire receiver corp. They have also stated that if you pay too much attention to the passing game UM will rip off huge runs underneath coverage. They feel this attention to technical detail offsets any speed advantage we have. It is obvious to the entire staff and team that UM is a very big and technically sound squad.

For the seniors who beat the other UM and the rest of the ASU squad, they are more nervous about this game than playing in the Big House. There is no lack of focus for the Mountaineers or lack of respect for Montana.

"If you want to be the best you have to beat the best"

tampa_griz
December 10th, 2009, 10:32 AM
The ASU coaches have publicly (to the media)stated their respect for UM's diciplined passing game, how much the QB has improved since the Richmond game last year and the "pro" routes and great decision making of the entire receiver corp. They have also stated that if you pay too much attention to the passing game UM will rip off huge runs underneath coverage. They feel this attention to technical detail offsets any speed advantage we have. It is obvious to the entire staff and team that UM is a very big and technically sound squad.

For the seniors who beat the other UM and the rest of the ASU squad, they are more nervous about this game than playing in the Big House. There is no lack of focus for the Mountaineers or lack of respect for Montana.

Our QB in the Richmond game graduated.

Rekdiver
December 10th, 2009, 10:37 AM
I meant the QB position......Thanks for the catch........

paul1978
December 10th, 2009, 10:38 AM
Needless to say, point made. Neither team is a pushover. It’s going to be great to watch.

grizdad
December 10th, 2009, 10:39 AM
I totally agree with the play of the QB being a lot better.

uofmman1122
December 10th, 2009, 10:42 AM
For the seniors who beat the other UM and the rest of the ASU squad, they are more nervous about this game than playing in the Big House.Not to knock this, or anything, as I know what you're trying to say, but isn't that kind of a given?

You have nothing to lose going into Michigan, whereas here it's an equally intense environment with the added pressure of it being a National Semifinal.

I wouldn't be surprised if they were more nervous going into the SCSU and Richmond games than going into Michigan, since if you lose those games, your season is over. xtwocentsx

Poker Alan
December 10th, 2009, 10:45 AM

Coaches are smart, these are the strengths of the Griz

Silenoz
December 10th, 2009, 11:05 AM
I don't know that the QB play has necessarily improved (Bergquist was damn good), we've just been better against the pass rush this year.

GrizDuck
December 10th, 2009, 12:17 PM
I think both teams, and remarkably even the fans of both teams, have the highest respect for one another. One or the other of them has appeared in 7 of the last 9 National Championship games. Both have strong fan bases. Both have tremendous winning percentages.
Coach Moore seems to have the reputation as one of the classiest and most magnanimous coaches in all of college football. Armanti will be enshrined in App State history forever.

As a matter of fact, there's almost enough prestige associated with this game to make a fan forget that the sport of football was invented by the CAA... but am sure that UncleSam and 89Hen will attempt to convince us that football was conceived by a few of the William and Mary chancellors who were tossing ideas around on the future site of the Villanova campus

gbhmt
December 10th, 2009, 12:29 PM
I don't know that the QB play has necessarily improved (Bergquist was damn good), we've just been better against the pass rush this year.

I think Selle is a better passer than Bergquist, although at this point in the year last year, that wouldn't be the case. Bergquist was pretty much flawless against JMU last year. But overall I've always thought Selle had the arm advantage.

Grizalltheway
December 10th, 2009, 12:36 PM
I think both teams, and remarkably even the fans of both teams, have the highest respect for one another. One or the other of them has appeared in 7 of the last 9 National Championship games. Both have strong fan bases. Both have tremendous winning percentages.
Coach Moore seems to have the reputation as one of the classiest and most magnanimous coaches in all of college football. Armanti will be enshrined in App State history forever.

As a matter of fact, there's almost enough prestige associated with this game to make a fan forget that the sport of football was invented by the CAA... but am sure that UncleSam and 89Hen will attempt to convince us that football was conceived by a few of the William and Mary chancellors who were tossing ideas around on the future site of the Villanova campus

xlolxxlolxxlolx xthumbsupx

tribe_pride
December 10th, 2009, 12:40 PM

See you can leave that crap out because your first 2 paragraphs say it all. Non-CAA conference fans have come to the W&M threads for the previous games and spouted more about this stuff than the CAA (and especially W&M) fans. There was no reason to bring up the CAA in this thread except when talking about Richmond from last year's title game.

The Montana-App St. game should be a classic between 2 storied programs with great histories. Both teams are playing well and have earned their way to the Semifinals. I am sure everyone hopes that the game is going to be as good as the hype.

AshevilleApp2
December 10th, 2009, 12:46 PM

xlolx Great first post!

GrizDuck
December 10th, 2009, 12:47 PM
Why I don't know what you mean, Tribe_Pride????? Our two little ol' schools are just glad to compete so that we may have the honor of playing against the tradition of your graceful, humble, and storied 4 year-old conference. Shucks... we poor mountain folk in Montana and North Carolina are just glad that you and David Coulson didn't decide to eliminate us from the prospect and declare a de-facto Colonial national champion.

tribe_pride
December 10th, 2009, 01:02 PM
Why I don't know what you mean, Tribe_Pride????? Our two little ol' schools are just glad to compete so that we may have the honor of playing against the tradition of your graceful, humble, and storied 4 year-old conference. Shucks... we poor mountain folk in Montana and North Carolina are just glad that you and David Coulson didn't decide to eliminate us from the prospect and declare a de-facto Colonial national champion.

And thank you for proving my point.

To all of you Montana and App. St. fans who know that you guys have been great programs for years, best of luck. Hope to see you in the finals.

I have no doubt that the final 3 games of the season will be exciting and well played by 4 great teams.