PDA

View Full Version : Let it be said again

mtgrizfan4life
December 9th, 2009, 09:12 PM
Sorry if this has been posted already, but an egrizzer found this. I love it!

quoteQuote from Joe Gardi

"I'll tell you what," says Joe Gardi, who has brought his Hofstra Pride to
Missoula three times (and, he's proud to say, won once). "I coached in the NFL
(with the New York Jets) for 10 years and I know what crowd noise is. I
coached at Maryland, I played at Maryland in 19-none-of-your-business, I've
played at Texas, Auburn, LSU, Clemson, in some of the greatest stadiums in the
country. I mean, at LSU they used to prod the tiger with an electric shock to
get him to roar when you came on the field, and it was just unbelievable to a
visiting player."

And?

"In comparison, Montana is a tougher place to play."

Gardi explains.

"Because it's so closed in. The noise is so confined. My granddaughter got so
scared in that place - she was 7 years old - she never let go of her mother
for the whole first quarter.

"One year I gave my pep talk, went down to the field and they've got that
rubber tunnel set up. I thought, that's nice, it's there to keep fans from
throwing anything on us. And I get in there and Monte is there, the flaps are
closed, and I couldn't get on the field. Monte told me I'd better back off,
and I said, 'No, I'm fine.' Then he started that motorcycle and I about jumped
out of my skin. They opened the flaps and the crowd just went crazy.

"That thing with Monte, the big-screen TV - I'm doing a time out one time and
I look up and Tom Cruise is on the screen doing that dance from 'Risky
Business,' and I'm watching it! I thought, 'What the heck am I doing, am I
crazy?' - it's all just an unbelievable advantage for the home team."

KiddBrewer
December 9th, 2009, 10:00 PM
I first read this and thought....."what the hell does the new york yankees head coach know about montana football" ha, but after i figured it out....nice article!

grizdad
December 9th, 2009, 10:01 PM
Can't wait to show App fans what real noise is.

KiddBrewer
December 9th, 2009, 10:02 PM

xrolleyesxxthumbsupx

Appguy
December 9th, 2009, 10:07 PM
Im so sick of hearing about noise, if thats all you guys have to talk about you're in trouble. The crowd Noise argument relies on a close game. If we can get up 3 scores like SDSU, in that stadium you will be able to hear a pin drop and I can promise you the Apps won't allow 41 unanswered if we build that kind of lead.

Saint3333
December 9th, 2009, 10:11 PM
damn you guys must not know anything about X's and O's. Crowd noise and cold it all you can talk about.

I'm disappointed in some of the griz fans, I thought you guys were a knowledgable fanbase, well at least the regular posters are on here.

mtgrizfan4life
December 9th, 2009, 10:13 PM
I will not be surprised to see WAGRIZ break 110 Db's a few times this game. GRIZNATION will be very motivated to impact this game. Just as App State fans would be with the GRIZ visiting there.

This is THE game most of FCS has been wanting for the last few years, too bad it is not for the Championship. BTW, I will root for the winner of this game in the Championship. I will never root for a CAA team unless it benefits the GRIZ or any BSC team.

Wildcat80
December 9th, 2009, 10:18 PM
Will be interesting to watch. How cold will it be?? Gotta believe if ASU handles the cold they win. Too many playmakers.

Green26
December 9th, 2009, 10:23 PM
Most of the UM comments on noise are being made because some posters refuse to acknowledge that it's very loud stadium.

If those posters would either admit to that fact (it's not opinion) or keep their mouths shut on that point, then a better discussion would occur.

What X's and O's do you want to discuss? I'm pretty good at the basic stuff (as are many other Griz posters), follow the Griz closely (as do many ohter Griz posters) and played college ball. I'd be happy to discuss--and will be quick to call BS if what is asserted about either team isn't correct (to my knowledge or in my opinion).

Poker Alan
I agree, enough with the crowd noise/weather BS ... lets talk matchups, strengths/weaknesses, etc... Appy will be fine with the noise, will be fine with the weather.

DROP IT

Proud Griz Man
damn you guys must not know anything about X's and O's. Crowd noise and cold it all you can talk about.

I'm disappointed in some of the griz fans, I thought you guys were a knowledgable fanbase, well at least the regular posters are on here.

Dizzapointed? Whut tha hell, havnut ya hurd from all them CAA fans that there aint no gud football teams out west, and that itz only cuz Montana gets to play home games that any wun of them teams ever get outa the furst round. Whut duz those X's and O's got to do with the Yosefs and Montes pluyin futball on Saturday? Huh?

We have a loud stadium, so there quadruple-3.

mtgrizfan4life
December 9th, 2009, 10:25 PM
Will be interesting to watch. How cold will it be?? Gotta believe if ASU handles the cold they win. Too many playmakers.

Unless the canyon winds are kicking up, weather will not be a big impact.

Saturday

Chance
Snow
Hi 31 °F Saturday
Night

Snow
Likely
Lo 19 °F

Ronbo
December 9th, 2009, 10:27 PM
Look App fans, the Griz fans talking about our atmosphere isn't any more annoying than the constant drivel about A. Edwards and how he is unbeatable. Geeze, chill out and let everyone have fun.

mtgrizfan4life
December 9th, 2009, 10:31 PM
OR certain CAA backers incessantly going on about how good even the bottom feeders are in the mighty CAA. I will give any conference credit for 2 to 4 playoff caliber teams, but beyond that, sorry.

Speaking of CAA, I am looking forward to the W&W, Villanova matchup too. I wish all 4 teams left luck and injury free games. I also hope all the travelers have safe trips. Be careful

GOKATS
December 9th, 2009, 10:32 PM
Im so sick of hearing about noise, if thats all you guys have to talk about you're in trouble. The crowd Noise argument relies on a close game. If we can get up 3 scores like SDSU, in that stadium you will be able to hear a pin drop and I can promise you the Apps won't allow 41 unanswered if we build that kind of lead.

xnodxxnodxxnodxxnodx

mtgrizfan4life
December 9th, 2009, 10:35 PM
Kind of amazing how players, coaches, announcers, and even some media give credit for WAGRIZ noise, fans, and atmosphere, yet some fans refuse to believe them. Aren't those kind of sources a little more credible and experienced to give a more honest opinion?

I guess not, jealous fans know more than coaches, players, and media. MY BAD.

HiHiYikas
December 9th, 2009, 10:36 PM
Look App fans, the Griz fans talking about our atmosphere isn't any more annoying than the constant drivel about A. Edwards and how he is unbeatable. Geeze, chill out and let everyone have fun.
You don't understand how much fun it is when "some posters refuse to acknowledge that it's a very loud stadium." If we keep it up, I'm guessing we can get one or two of your heads to explode. I am just ashamed when I think about all the Griz feelings that are being hurt by the callous refusal of our fans to acknowledge WaGriz is super-duper extra loud.

That's just about the funniest thing I've read on AGS in a looong time.

At least we're not talking about cheesesteaks in our pregame thread. Geeze.

MR. CHICKEN
December 9th, 2009, 10:39 PM
BLOW IT OUT YER...BEAR HOLE.....GRIZZWOLD'S..xmadx..NOT OURAH FAULT.....U O' D ADMIN...HAS ZERO IMAGINATION..xmadx..WE GOT UH ENDZONE AREA...FO' KIDS TA PLAY....SOME MURALS O' PAST STARS.....UH FEW BISTRO TABLES...TA PLOP OURAH SOGGY DELAWARE DAWGS ON...xmadx...OKAY WE GOT UH NICE SO'-BO'.....OURAH SOUND SYSTEM....STILL BITES....WHEN KNOT PLAYIN' DUH DEF JAMS..xmadx..WE'RE BEIN' HELD HOSTAGE...TA KEEP OURAH PARKIN'/SEATS..xmadx..YOU-DEE RIVALS MONTE....BUT HE GOTS NO LICENSE....FO' UH SCOOTER...xmadx...CLOSEST THING TA UH MOUNTAIN...IRON HILL...:o...OURAH FANS SIT ON DERE HANDS..xmadx..OL' TIMERS 'ROUND DUH CHICKEN......DON'T KNOW....PLAYER NAMES & NUMBERAHS...xmadx...CLUELESS 'BOUT RULES...OR RECORDS O' OURAH COMPETITION...xmadx...OWN-LAH NOISE...AH HEAR...IS DUH SOUND O' PASSIN' GAS.....FROM DUH OBESE WEEZER'S MORNIN'...PRUNE JUICE......WHO TAKES UP HALF MAH SEAT.....'N...STEPS ON MAH NIKES......5 MINUTES INTA DUH FIRST Q...xflamemadx...OH YEAH......AN'....NOW AH GOTTAH GO WHIFF HENRIETTAH..TA DUH MALL...THANKSGIVIN' WEEK-END.......'CAUSE OURAH EQUIP MANAGER.....HAS LOCKED UP DUH PADS/HELMETS......xmadx....BRAWK!

griz8791
December 9th, 2009, 10:47 PM
Let it be said not only again, but in its own separate thread. Because the subject hasn't QUITE been beaten all the way to death in the pre-game thread. There might actually be one or two decibel tests and celebrity endorsements that haven't been thrown down yet.

What I care about is getting a couple of actual drive-killing false starts in real time. Whether that happens or not has absolutely nothing to do with what App State's fans will and will not "concede."

Ronbo
December 9th, 2009, 10:51 PM
BLOW IT OUT YER...BEAR HOLE.....GRIZZWOLD'S..xmadx..NOT OURAH FAULT.....U O' D ADMIN...HAS ZERO IMAGINATION..xmadx..WE GOT UH ENDZONE AREA...FO' KIDS TA PLAY....SOME MURALS O' PAST STARS.....UH FEW BISTRO TABLES...TA PLOP OURAH SOGGY DELAWARE DAWGS ON...xmadx...OKAY WE GOT UH NICE SO'-BO'.....OURAH SOUND SYSTEM....STILL BITES....WHEN KNOT PLAYIN' DUH DEF JAMS..xmadx..WE'RE BEIN' HELD HOSTAGE...TA KEEP OURAH PARKIN'/SEATS..xmadx..YOU-DEE RIVALS MONTE....BUT HE GOTS NO LICENSE....FO' UH SCOOTER...xmadx...CLOSEST THING TA UH MOUNTAIN...IRON HILL...:o...OURAH FANS SIT ON DERE HANDS..xmadx..OL' TIMERS 'ROUND DUH CHICKEN......DON'T KNOW....PLAYER NAMES & NUMBERAHS...xmadx...CLUELESS 'BOUT RULES...OR RECORDS O' OURAH COMPETITION...xmadx...OWN-LAH NOISE...AH HEAR...IS DUH SOUND O' PASSIN' GAS.....FROM DUH OBESE WEEZER'S MORNIN'...PRUNE JUICE......WHO TAKES UP HALF MAH SEAT.....'N...STEPS ON MAH NIKES......5 MINUTES INTA DUH FIRST Q...xflamemadx...OH YEAH......AN'....NOW AH GOTTAH GO WHIFF HENRIETTAH..TA DUH MALL...THANKSGIVIN' WEEK-END.......'CAUSE OURAH EQUIP MANAGER.....HAS LOCKED UP DUH PADS/HELMETS......xmadx....BRAWK!

Now that's what I'm talkin' about.xlolx

Proud Griz Man
December 9th, 2009, 10:51 PM
BLOW IT OUT YER...BEAR HOLE.....GRIZZWOLD'S..OWN-LAH NOISE...AH HEAR...IS DUH SOUND O' PASSIN' GAS.....FROM DUH OBESE WEEZER'S MORNIN'...PRUNE JUICE......WHO TAKES UP HALF MAH SEAT.....'N...STEPS ON MAH NIKES......5 MINUTES INTA DUH FIRST Q...xflamemadx...OH YEAH......AN'....NOW AH GOTTAH GO WHIFF HENRIETTAH..TA DUH MALL...THANKSGIVIN' WEEK-END.......'CAUSE OURAH EQUIP MANAGER.....HAS LOCKED UP DUH PADS/HELMETS......xmadx....BRAWK!

Mr. Chicken got up on the wrong side of the coop. xmadx

Even zinged us with a Gas Passing joke.

You mention all those things and forgot the UD Piss Wall ?xreadx

proasu89
December 9th, 2009, 10:58 PM
You don't understand how much fun it is when "some posters refuse to acknowledge that it's a very loud stadium." If we keep it up, I'm guessing we can get one or two of your heads to explode. I am just ashamed when I think about all the Griz feelings that are being hurt by the callous refusal of our fans to acknowledge WaGriz is super-duper extra loud.

That's just about the funniest thing I've read on AGS in a looong time.

At least we're not talking about cheesesteaks in our pregame thread. Geeze.

Dadgumit, if you straight up tell them we're messin with them then they might catch on. By the way, rep points for super-duper. xlolx Well rep points if I could:p

Skjellyfetti
December 9th, 2009, 10:59 PM
Is this Montana's first home game of the year? All I have heard about this week is how loud Montana's crowd is and how cold it is in Missoual.

Is this all y'all talk about before every game? Or does the actual football game worry you so you'd rather talk about the weather and the noise? xcoffeex

Our players better have bleeding ears and frozen drool... anything less and it will be overhyped. ;)

Appguy
December 9th, 2009, 11:00 PM

At Least Edwards will be on the field playing in the game. As long as the 25,000 in the crowd aren't tackling our players i don't think we can expect them to do much more then cause a couple false starts.

If anyone can claim fan noise it should be The Apps since we actually won a game solely from it in the SC State game on the botched FG attempt run back for a TD (their coach admitted it) (http://www.thetandd.com/articles/2009/11/30/bulldogzone/doc4b12bfa58e767759316995.txt)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMIqcDtzREQ&feature=player_embedded

KiddBrewer
December 9th, 2009, 11:11 PM
At Least Edwards will be on the field playing in the game. As long as the 25,000 in the crowd aren't tackling our players i don't think we can expect them to do much more then cause a couple false starts.

If anyone can claim fan noise it should be The Apps since we actually won a game solely from it in the SC State game on the botched FG attempt run back for a TD (their coach admitted it) (http://www.thetandd.com/articles/2009/11/30/bulldogzone/doc4b12bfa58e767759316995.txt)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMIqcDtzREQ&feature=player_embedded

xsmiley_wix this oughta keep this thread going another.....20....30 pagesxlolx

FCS_pwns_FBS
December 9th, 2009, 11:22 PM

Well, to be fair, they have won Paulson Stadium with 20,000 people yelling including ~9000 loud and enthusiastic students screaming right into the press box. :o

grizdad
December 9th, 2009, 11:36 PM
the talk about noise is because 1. it is the loudest stadium in the country....period, 2. we are very excited for this game and any other home playoff game. 3. this is the only way that ANY fan can make a difference in the game.
Our players feed off of it and so do the fans. I don't care who gets tired of the noise talk, I love the NOISE, I love our fans, and I like Montana's chances against App State.

Skjellyfetti
December 10th, 2009, 12:01 AM
1. it is the loudest stadium in the country....per capita

Fixed.

And that's being generous. Autzen is probably louder per capita.

AshevilleApp
December 10th, 2009, 12:18 AM
What is Wash-Griz loud or something?

GOKATS
December 10th, 2009, 12:24 AM
What is Wash-Griz loud or something?

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.............................. ..........

Be vewy, vewy, kwyet.................................., they might sleep right thru it..........

Shellin
December 10th, 2009, 12:50 AM
Is this Montana's first home game of the year? All I have heard about this week is how loud Montana's crowd is and how cold it is in Missoula.

Is this all y'all talk about before every game? Or does the actual football game worry you so you'd rather talk about the weather and the noise? xcoffeex

Our players better have bleeding ears and frozen drool... anything less and it will be overhyped. ;)

It's because all of our players are slow, white and not worthy of mention xsmiley_wix

I agree, all I've heard about since the playoffs started was how loud our crowd was and how cold it's going to be in Missoula this weekend...eGriz is *slightly* better now, but before the SFA game I refused to even skim over there because there were 17 weather threads and 12 stadium loudness threads. It is a cool quote by Hofstra's coach, but this has been beaten into the ground. Pretty much everyone agrees that we have the loudest stadium in I-AA, one of the best atmospheres at any level and a fantastic place to watch a football game.

I'm slightly more concerned about App's offense than I am with the retired coach of a now non-existent football team (sorry Hofstra :( ) talking about how loud Washington-Grizzly Stadium is. With that said...does anyone have any good pictures of the stadium?

Grizaholic17
December 10th, 2009, 02:19 AM
This thread makes me laugh because App fans get all defensive about the noise. They can't come to terms with it. It will make a difference in the game no matter what anyone says...especially for a team that relies on communication at the line of scrimmage for the no huddle O. We know our X's and O's....but we're excited to make some damn noise

MarchingMountaineer
December 10th, 2009, 03:28 AM
This thread makes me laugh because App fans get all defensive about the noise. They can't come to terms with it. It will make a difference in the game no matter what anyone says...especially for a team that relies on communication at the line of scrimmage for the no huddle O. We know our X's and O's....but we're excited to make some damn noise

I haven't actually read a post from an ASU fan getting all defensive about it... why should we? It's not our library-like stadium's noise factor that's being rebuffed.

I see a thumbs-up about the noise... a couple saying noise probably won't be the deciding factor in this game ... and a dozen Griz fans upset because ASU fans don't find the "our stadium is loud and scary" argument a compelling reason to think the Griz can make it back from 21 points down against this defense.

CamelCityAppFan
December 10th, 2009, 05:47 AM
I predict that the stadium will be at its loudest when App has the ball 3 and 19 on it's own 20 yard line. I predict it will be at its quietest the very next play, when App has 1st and 10 on the Montana 42.

AppMan
December 10th, 2009, 06:06 AM
I might buy the arguement if it were early season and nobody had on gloves, hats, and thick coats which muffle the sound. It may be loud, but our guys have played in loud stadiums before. LSU is one that comes to mind and our guys did pretty good in that place up north with 109,000 people in the stands. The Apps will be ok.

JMU Newbill
December 10th, 2009, 06:16 AM
Little known fact.... all of the members of the ASU football team are blessed with ESP. Therefore, crowd noise will not have any effect on them.

TulsaBobcat
December 10th, 2009, 07:09 AM
Is this all y'all talk about before every game?

Yes. I like to call it "Grizzly C*ck Talk" (Hint: It's a spin on "chalk talk". Another hint: You won't find a lot of objective "chalk talk" with many Griz fans.)

"Look how big it is...have you ever seen one that big? Ever seen one that nice? I don't know if you'll be able to handle it. You should have seen what it did to the last person [team]."

I equate many Griz fans to the guy in highschool who is ever so willing to tell others that he's got the biggest dong in the class.

And, as an opposing fan, if you don't acknowledge that Washington-Grizzly is far superior to anything your school may have, or anything you have ever seen, you have Griz [penis] envy, you're jealous, you're dumb, etc.

appstate38
December 10th, 2009, 07:12 AM
Look I could care less about the incredible crowd which will be in FULL effect or the weather which won't bother us in the least.... More concerned about seeing our 0-8 record playing west of the Mississippi get better.

mcveyrl
December 10th, 2009, 07:35 AM
I have heard that it is the configuration of the stadium that makes it so loud? Anyone have some pics so I can verify?

Appguy
December 10th, 2009, 07:46 AM
the talk about noise is because 1. it is the loudest stadium in the country....period, 2. we are very excited for this game and any other home playoff game. 3. this is the only way that ANY fan can make a difference in the game.
Our players feed off of it and so do the fans. I don't care who gets tired of the noise talk, I love the NOISE, I love our fans, and I like Montana's chances against App State.

Look, we get it, your stadium is loud. We believe you, but don't say its the loudest because its just not. Domes and certain SEC/Big ten Stadiums (some of which the Apps have played in) have 4-5 times as many people and I promise you that they're louder.

Rekdiver
December 10th, 2009, 07:50 AM
Several of the former ASU players who lost to the Griz in 2000 were interviewed and acknowledged the corwd noise and being awesome. HOWEVER at that time the field was natural grass and they said field conditions were more affective than the noise.

Okay I acknowledge you have a very loud stadium. that is probably more attributable to all your fans getting into the game than stadium configuration.
Even at ASU only about half the fans yell outside of the student section. I thoroughly appreciate the passion of UM fans.

MR. CHICKEN
December 10th, 2009, 08:10 AM
I have heard that it is the configuration of the stadium that makes it so loud? Anyone have some pics so I can verify?

COUPLE-UH....PHOTOS....AH KEEP IN MAH WALLET......xnodx....AWK!

theasushow
December 10th, 2009, 08:21 AM
word on the street is DJ Smith and Devon Moore are avid AGS readers and apparently they have addressed the team and told them that the entire world is betting against them handling the crowd noise...AE heard that in the corner of the locker room and had this big grin on his face.

ASUG8
December 10th, 2009, 08:51 AM
I can't believe I just wasted the time it took to read through another thread on crowd noise.

What's your O and D Line like? Key matchups? Thoughts on defensive schemes? I was under the impression this was a football board, not a "mine is louder than yours" board. I guess I'll check some other sites. xrotatehx

Poker Alan
December 10th, 2009, 08:58 AM
word on the street is DJ Smith and Devon Moore are avid AGS readers and apparently they have addressed the team and told them that the entire world is betting against them handling the crowd noise...AE heard that in the corner of the locker room and had this big grin on his face.

Just as Griz Nation and the players are AGS readers, and all the speed/AE talk has reached the Griz locker room... this always works both ways...

State Line Liquors
December 10th, 2009, 09:08 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Armanti Edwards and Co. win in the Big House? Does anybody honestly think the pressure or crowd volume is going to be something different or more difficult than what they've seen?

xoopsx

AppIAA
December 10th, 2009, 09:17 AM
Just as Griz Nation and the players are AGS readers, and all the speed/AE talk has reached the Griz locker room... this always works both ways...

Good.. should be a good game in a cold, loud stadium..

CrackerRiley
December 10th, 2009, 09:40 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Armanti Edwards and Co. win in the Big House? Does anybody honestly think the pressure or crowd volume is going to be something different or more difficult than what they've seen?

xoopsx

No, no, you're missing the whole point....

xrolleyesx

aust42
December 10th, 2009, 09:48 AM
Montana's stadium and great atmosphere will be a great showing for 1AA football this Saturday afternoon. Hopefully Villanova will have more than 500 people at their game vs W&M Friday night. How embarrassing.

griz8791
December 10th, 2009, 09:52 AM
and said again . . . and again . . . and again . . . and then in a separate thread . . . and then in another separate thread . . . and . . .

This would be a good time for that smiley-with-a-bag-over-its-head emoticon.

89Hen
December 10th, 2009, 09:53 AM
Good.. should be a good game in a cold, loud stadium..
Montana's stadium is cold and loud? xconfusedx

bigappfan10
December 10th, 2009, 09:58 AM
Just curious...do Montana fans ever factor in the crowd noise when they discuss football games?

Rekdiver
December 10th, 2009, 10:10 AM
Oh my god!!!!!!!!!!

It's happening again....and again....and again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HappyAppy13
December 10th, 2009, 10:13 AM

is this true??
pretty cool if it is

State Line Liquors
December 10th, 2009, 10:15 AM
No, no, you're missing the whole point....

xrolleyesx

Don't get me wrong, I was yelling for the Spiders on Saturday night, but had a laugh as I was leaving the stadium all hoarse in my throat thinking that my yelling could have made any difference with what your boys have seen in the big stadiums.

Only thing outside the field of play that will affect App is the travel and the exhaustion from the battle in Richmond. That game was absolute war.

uofmman1122
December 10th, 2009, 10:17 AM
I don't think I've ever seen two fanbases set themselves up for so much crow after one game.

The loser of this game is going to be hearing about it forever. xlolx

I just really hope it's not us. xoopsx

Grabholdofyosef
December 10th, 2009, 12:59 PM
Let it be said not only again, but in its own separate thread. Because the subject hasn't QUITE been beaten all the way to death in the pre-game thread. There might actually be one or two decibel tests and celebrity endorsements that haven't been thrown down yet.

What I care about is getting a couple of actual drive-killing false starts in real time. Whether that happens or not has absolutely nothing to do with what App State's fans will and will not "concede."
I agree with you on the false starts. This thread is going to blow up if ASU has several false starts or other plays that appear to have been impacted by the crowd noise (Unable to change plays at the line, delay of game or bad snaps, etc...).

I think the crowd noise is a good point to bring up to be aware of and discuss but it is silly to have long discussions over it because they turn out to be like this:

Griz fan: "The crowd noise is gonna have a big impact on ASU"
ASU fan: "No it's not, weve played at louder stadiums"
Griz fan: "Yes it is. So and so said it was the loudest"
ASU fan: "So what. That team didnt have AE."

I acknowledge that it is a very important factor for the coaches to research and plan for and we will find out on Sat how well that planning worked and how much impact it did have.

The same can be said for the AE discussion. He is someone you have to gameplan for but to go back and forth on the impact is tiresome.

I guess most fans want to think that there team is immune to the strengths of the other team and think "I know it happened to team A but we arent them. That will never happen to us."

Anyway, I cant wait for this game and after researching and reading stats and threads over the past week, I still dont have a feeling for how I think it will turn out. The game has so many x factors that cant be judged before the game. In no particular order:

-The homefield advantage (weather, crowd noise, etc...)
-Armanti
-Mariani and the return game of Montana
-The turnover factor (Montana has forced like 14 in two games)
-Both running games

It will most likely be one of the other factors that decide the game. The Montana QB runs for 75 yards on a 4th quarter drive and scores to give Montana the lead with 2 minutes left. ASU runs the kickoff back to regain the lead. Montana gets just 20 yards on the ensuing return and then on a 4th and 7, the Montana TE catches a quick pass over the middle and slips on the snow and falls a yard short. ASU wins : )

Silenoz
December 10th, 2009, 01:15 PM
I'm pretty sure your entire team would catch Selle before he got 75 yards xlolx :p

GrizFanStuckInUtah
December 10th, 2009, 01:21 PM
One interesting thing that I find about these two teams is they know how to win. I know the Griz catch a lot of flack for a lot of different things, but we know how to win and App knows how to win. This is like the unstopable force hitting the immovable object. xlolx

Appaholic69
December 10th, 2009, 01:33 PM
Enough with the talk of cold and noise. Eaach team has played in both and succeeded. However, while I realize these are not the same two teams that met in 2000, a brief history lesson may be in order.

Once upon a time, the Montana football team was ranked No. 1 heading into a huge semifinal contest at home against App State.

Nine years later, the Montana football team is ranked No. 1 heading into a huge semifinal contest at home against App State.

Who says history never repeats?

Um, we do. We hope.

Drew Miller threw for 271 yards, including a 14-yard touchdown pass to Jimmy Farris in overtime, to lift top-ranked Montana (13-1) to the victory in Missoula, Mont.

Mark Wright, who kicked a 27-yard field goal with no time left in regulation to make it 13-13, gave Appalachian State (10-4) its only lead on a 36-yard field goal on the Mountaineers’ first possession in overtime.

Montana led by 13-3 after a 2-yard touchdown run by Yohance Humphery with 10:49 remaining in the game.

Appalachian State, seeded 13th, quickly answered with a 40-yard scoring pass from Joe Burchette to Troy Albea to pull to 13-10 with 8:28 remaining.

Hard to imagine, huh? All that noise. All that cold. Yet somehow a 13-3 lead vanished in less than 11 minutes by an offense led by Mr. Burchette. Of course, still lost. /sighs

According to the box score, the Apps ground game only gained .. /gulp .. 28 yards on 29 carries. And STILL it was a ball game. Must have been all that noise.

One other fun fact from back in the day – Of the 16 teams that made that playoff cut, five made it again this season: Montana, App State, Richmond, McNeese State and Eastern Illinois.

Of the other 11, two – Troy State and Western Kentucky – no longer play I-AA FCS football, while one other – Hofstra – soon won’t play any at all.

Source: New York Times

ASUG8
December 10th, 2009, 01:53 PM
I don't think I've ever seen two fanbases set themselves up for so much crow after one game.

The loser of this game is going to be hearing about it forever. xlolx

I just really hope it's not us. xoopsx

You expected anything less?xlolx This has been a dream matchup for both programs, although both would prefer it to be in Chatty. Ever since I joined this board and saw the sheer volume of UM/ASU posts you had to know that when and if this day came the smack would come fast and furious.

I'm glad we moved back to talking about matchups and the guys who are going to actually have to play the game. Here's to an injury free game that lives up to the hype. xthumbsupx

caribbeanhen
December 10th, 2009, 02:48 PM

In attempt to translate Mr. Chickens post I used babbelfish chicken to english and got this, hope it helpsxlolx

ΧΤΥΠΗΜΑ ΑΥΤΟ ΕΞΩ ΤΡΎΠΑ ..... GRIZZWOLD' ΑΡΚΟΎΔΩΝ YER… S….ΟΧΙ U O' ΕΛΑΤΤΩΜΆΤΩΝ OURAH ..... ΤΟ Δ ADMIN… ΈΧΕΙ ΜΗΆ ΦΑΝΤΑΣΊΑ….ΠΗΡΑΜΕ UH ENDZONE ΤΗΝ ΠΕΡΙΟΧΉ… FO' ΠΑΙΧΝΊΔΙ ΠΑΙΔΙΏΝ TA….ΜΕΡΙΚΕΣ ΤΟΙΧΟΓΡΑΦΙΕΣ O' ΠΡΟΗΓΟΥΜΕΝΑ ΑΣΤΕΡΙΑ ..... UH ΛΊΓΟΣ BISTRO ΕΠΙΤΡΑΠΈΖΙΟΣ… TA ΓΔΟΎΠΟΣ OURAH SOGGY ΝΤΕΛΑΓΟΥΈΡ DAWGS ...... ΣΕ ΕΝΤΆΞΕΙ ΠΉΡΑΜΕ UH ΝΊΚΑΙΑ SO' - BO' ..... ΗΧΗΤΙΚΌ ΣΎΣΤΗΜΑ OURAH….ΑΚΟΜΑ ΔΑΓΚΩΜΑΤΑ….ΟΤΑΝ ΚΟΜΒΟΣ PLAYIN' ΜΑΡΜΕΛΆΔΕΣ DUH DEF….WE' ΕΠΑΝ BEIN' Ο ΚΡΑΤΗΜΕΝΟΣ ΟΜΗΡΟΣ… TA ΚΡΑΤΆ OURAH PARKIN' /SEATS….ΕΣΎ-DEE ΑΝΤΑΓΩΝΙΣΤΈΣ MONTE….ΑΛΛΑ ΑΥΤΟΣ GOTS ΚΑΜΊΑ ΆΔΕΙΑ….FO' UH SIT ΑΝΕΜΙΣΤΉΡΩΝ OURAH HILL ΣΙΔΉΡΟΥ ΒΟΥΝΏΝ ΠΡΑΓΜΑΤΟΣ TA UH ΜΗΧΑΝΙΚΩΝ ΔΊΚΥΚΛΩΝ ...... Ο ΠΙΟ ΚΟΝΤΆ… ...... ΣΕ ΕΤΟΙΜΌΤΗΤΑ DERE….OL' ΧΡΟΝΟΜΕΤΡΑ ' ΣΤΡΟΓΓΥΛΟ DUH ΚΟΤΌΠΟΥΛΟ ...... DON' ΤΟ Τ ΞΈΡΕΙ….ΟΝΟΜΑΤΑ & ΦΟΡΕΩΝ NUMBERAHS ...... ΑΝΊΔΕΟ ' ΚΑΝΟΝΕΣ ΠΕΡΙΟΔΟΥ… Η ΑΡΧΕΙΑ O' Ο ΘΌΡΥΒΟΣ -LAH… AH ΑΝΤΑΓΩΝΙΣΜΟΎ OURAH ...... ΑΚΟΎΕΙ ότι… ΕΊΝΑΙ DUH ΥΓΙΈΣ O' PASSIN' ΑΈΡΙΟ ..... ΑΠΟ DUH ΠΑΧΎΣΑΡΚΟ WEEZER' S MORNIN' … ΤΟ CWHO ΧΥΜΟΥ ΔΑΜΑΣΚΗΝΩΝ ...... ΛΑΜΒΆΝΕΙ ΤΟ ΜΙΣΌ MAH ΚΆΘΙΣΜΑ ..... ' ΒΉΜΑΤΑ Ν… ΣΕ MAH NIKES ...... 5 ΛΕΠΤΆ INTA DUH ΠΡΏΤΟΣ Q ......OH ...... ΝΑΙ AN' ….ΤΩΡΑ AH GOTTAH ΠΗΓΑΊΝΕΙ WHIFF HENRIETTAH. .TA DUH ΛΕΩΦΌΡΟΣ… THANKSGIVIN' ΣΑΒΒΑΤΟΚΥΡΙΑΚΟ ....... ' Η ΑΙΤΙΑ OURAH ΕΞΟΠΛΊΖΕΙ ΤΟ ΔΙΕΥΘΥΝΤΉ ..... ΈΧΕΙ ΚΛΕΙΔΏΣΕΙ DUH PADS/HELMETS .......... BRAWK!

Green26
December 10th, 2009, 06:21 PM
To continue to add to the "cold" topic, and perhaps to add new information:

It will be colder towards the end of the game than at the beginning. When the sun starts to set (say a bit after 4; it won't be down then, tho), it will likely get much colder--or at least feel much colder.

The visitor's sideline will be in the shade for the whole game, and thus will be colder. Even if the sun isn't out, the heat of the sun adds warmth if one is not in the "shade".

Keeping warm on the sideline may be a bigger issue than having only moderate cold on the field impact play.

Ronbo
December 10th, 2009, 06:33 PM
Enough with the talk of cold and noise. Eaach team has played in both and succeeded. However, while I realize these are not the same two teams that met in 2000, a brief history lesson may be in order.

Once upon a time, the Montana football team was ranked No. 1 heading into a huge semifinal contest at home against App State.

Nine years later, the Montana football team is ranked No. 1 heading into a huge semifinal contest at home against App State.

Who says history never repeats?

Um, we do. We hope.

Drew Miller threw for 271 yards, including a 14-yard touchdown pass to Jimmy Farris in overtime, to lift top-ranked Montana (13-1) to the victory in Missoula, Mont.

Mark Wright, who kicked a 27-yard field goal with no time left in regulation to make it 13-13, gave Appalachian State (10-4) its only lead on a 36-yard field goal on the Mountaineers’ first possession in overtime.

Montana led by 13-3 after a 2-yard touchdown run by Yohance Humphery with 10:49 remaining in the game.

Appalachian State, seeded 13th, quickly answered with a 40-yard scoring pass from Joe Burchette to Troy Albea to pull to 13-10 with 8:28 remaining.

Hard to imagine, huh? All that noise. All that cold. Yet somehow a 13-3 lead vanished in less than 11 minutes by an offense led by Mr. Burchette. Of course, still lost. /sighs

According to the box score, the Apps ground game only gained .. /gulp .. 28 yards on 29 carries. And STILL it was a ball game. Must have been all that noise.

One other fun fact from back in the day – Of the 16 teams that made that playoff cut, five made it again this season: Montana, App State, Richmond, McNeese State and Eastern Illinois.

Of the other 11, two – Troy State and Western Kentucky – no longer play I-AA FCS football, while one other – Hofstra – soon won’t play any at all.

Source: New York Times

There was only 17,000 at that game. The stadium expansions and the fan base getting more vocal over the past ten years means it will be probably twice as loud this time.

AppAlum96
December 10th, 2009, 06:38 PM
Oh, it's loud there? I hadn't heard that.

Rekdiver
December 10th, 2009, 06:42 PM
We understand that it is cooler in the shade.

We understand that it get cooler as the day goes on and the sun goes down.

I bet your fellow Grizzards are cringing at the intelligence of your post........You must be one of the Grizwolds.........

I am being nice because you may be a rider on the short bus..........

JohnStOnge
December 10th, 2009, 06:55 PM
All other things aside, I think that if that guy played at LSU and thinks Montana is a tougher environment crowd-wise he must've played in a game the LSU crowd didn't care so much about. I think somebody said just about all one needs to say about what it can be like at LSU when Ronnie Lott, in referring to his experience in playing for USC at LSU in 1979, said, "It's probably the only time in my life I was intimidated by the crowd" (from http://www.nola.com/lsu/index.ssf/2009/09/players_and_fans_cant_forget_t.html).

Montana is a very tough place to play and the crowd is loud. But let's not go overboard.

JohnStOnge
December 10th, 2009, 07:07 PM
Well, unfortunately, I can't find anything detailed enough about Joe Gardi to look into whether or not he ever really played at LSU except at Wikipedia. But if Wikepedia is right he never did. Wikipedia says he played at Maryland in 1959 and 1960. LSU last played Maryland in 1955. In 1955 Gardi was, at least according to Wikipedia, playing at New Jersey's Harrison High School.

Also, as far as I can tell, he never coached for an opposing team at LSU because other than Hofstra the only college team he coached at was Maryland. Unless Wikipedia is inaccurate, which I admit is possible, he made something up.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_Gardi

ASUG8
December 10th, 2009, 07:16 PM

It will be colder towards the end of the game than at the beginning. When the sun starts to set (say a bit after 4; it won't be down then, tho), it will likely get much colder--or at least feel much colder.

The visitor's sideline will be in the shade for the whole game, and thus will be colder. Even if the sun isn't out, the heat of the sun adds warmth if one is not in the "shade".

Keeping warm on the sideline may be a bigger issue than having only moderate cold on the field impact play.

I'm speechless xlolx
This isn't exactly "new information", even to the ancient Egyptians.

But the ball will warm up on pass plays because it's closer to the sun, right?

JohnStOnge
December 10th, 2009, 07:16 PM
Ok. I found a credible source:

http://www.hofstra.edu/PDF/sports_fb_02Gardibio.pdf

Gardi played college ball at Maryland. The last time LSU played Maryland was 1955. At that time Gardi was playing high school football. And the only place he ever coached in college other than an Hostra was at Maryland. He did that during the 1970s. So the guy was never in Tiger Stadium as an opposing player or as a coach on the staff of an opposing team. He appears to have, as I said, made something up.

Appguy
December 10th, 2009, 08:24 PM
Hey did you guys know this game could be the loudest, coldest ever?

GOKATS
December 10th, 2009, 08:34 PM
I'm speechless xlolx

xlmaoxxlmaoxxlmaoxxlmaoxxlmaoxxlmaoxxlmaoxxlmaoxx thumbsupx

CharlotteApp
December 10th, 2009, 08:54 PM
Hey do you guys have any idea what the crowd noise will be like at Wa Grizz? I don't think anyone has touched on this yet.

How about the weather. Do you guys think it will be warm or cold?

I'm suprised nobody has brought this up!

paul1978
December 10th, 2009, 09:22 PM
Hey do you guys have any idea what the crowd noise will be like at Wa Grizz? I don't think anyone has touched on this yet.

How about the weather. Do you guys think it will be warm or cold?

I'm suprised nobody has brought this up!

No noise at all. We sit around and drink out tea... no sugar of course. xcoffeex

Green26
December 10th, 2009, 09:38 PM

I bet your fellow Grizzards are cringing at the intelligence of your post........You must be one of the Grizwolds.........

Show us where you or any other ASU poster pointed out that the visitor's sideline is in the "shade".

Show us where you or any other ASU poster said anything about the temperature, other than saying it wouldn't be that cold at game times.

Ask your ASU fans who will attend the game how warm it was sitting in the visitors' section on the "shaded" side.

I hope the ASU players and coaches are smarter than the two of you who made these wisecracks.

Green26
December 10th, 2009, 09:41 PM
I'm speechless xlolx

Show us where you pointed out that the visitor's sideline is in the "shade". Show us where you pointed out that it would get colder as the game went on.

How dumb are you two. I've tried to avoid the hillbilly references, but it's oozing out of you two.

argh!
December 10th, 2009, 09:46 PM

please ignore greenie. she lives in a box by the hill, and watches tv and her fellow box denizens instead of the game.

GreatAppSt
December 10th, 2009, 09:51 PM
Show us where you or any other ASU poster pointed out that the visitor's sideline is in the "shade".

Show us where you or any other ASU poster said anything about the temperature, other than saying it wouldn't be that cold at game times.

Ask your ASU fans who will attend the game how warm it was sitting in the visitors' section on the "shaded" side.

I hope the ASU players and coaches are smarter than the two of you who made these wisecracks.

Show us where you pointed out that the visitor's sideline is in the "shade". Show us where you pointed out that it would get colder as the game went on.

How dumb are you two. I've tried to avoid the hillbilly references, but it's oozing out of you two.

Show us yours we'll show you ours.xrolleyesx

Bronco
December 10th, 2009, 09:55 PM
I plan on being a little shady at the game

Skjellyfetti
December 10th, 2009, 10:01 PM
There's no way Washington Grizzly stadium is as loud as Elon's.

uofmman1122
December 10th, 2009, 10:05 PM
There's no way Washington Grizzly stadium is as loud as Elon's.Hey, those are the loudest 200 fans ANYWHERE!

xlolx

mebisonII
December 10th, 2009, 10:37 PM
ASU probably won't even be able to find WA-GRIZ. After all, no one's ever seen a picture of it and it will be completely quiet.

Proud Griz Man
December 10th, 2009, 11:01 PM

Then DJ Moore and Devon Moore started breakdancing in the corner of the lockerroom and Jerry Moore started singing. AE was too busy (signing a contract with a sports agent that will be busy signing a seven figure NFL contract in March) to notice that Barack Obama had entered the lockerroom to shake hands with his favorite FCS team. xwhistlex

AppChicago
December 10th, 2009, 11:03 PM

Fun fact: App State bench= also in the shade for most of the late season games. So, believe it or not, this really won't be all that chilly for us. In fact, we'd be in the same situation, temp wise, if we'd played today. In Boone.

But 30 degrees in Montana is magically different than 30 degrees in Boone, right?

Personally, I think the injury of Lanston Tanyi has been the most alarming news I've heard about this game lately. More than the crowd. More than the cold.

If anything, I think our guys feed off of this stuff....

Tailbone
December 11th, 2009, 08:23 AM

But 30 degrees in Montana is magically different than 30 degrees in Boone, right?

Right.
It's a loud 30 degrees.

wanna see some pictures?

Rekdiver
December 11th, 2009, 08:30 AM

Well I may be dumb but I'm sure as hell not stark raving beyond hope stupid!
Just admit that your post was ignorant.

ASUG8
December 11th, 2009, 08:40 AM

You're killing me xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx And we're hillbillies? xlolx xlolx xlolx

No, really, stop it. xlolx xlolx xlolx

I also heard that there's a high probability that ESPN will require the field to be lit by artificial means, given that the sun will be setting and the light it gives off diminishing, thereby causing shade and darkness. xlolx xlolx xlolx

ASUG8
December 11th, 2009, 08:42 AM
Right.
It's a loud 30 degrees.

wanna see some pictures?

Do you have some? Don't tease me, now. We've never seen Wa-Griz here before. xlolx I'll post some of KBS afterwards. :D

CrackerRiley
December 11th, 2009, 10:22 AM
Green26 has thoroughly confused me.xconfusedx
It must be my hillbilly genes. xoopsxxwhistlex

Rekdiver
December 11th, 2009, 10:26 AM
Green26 will not be back........

AppIAA
December 11th, 2009, 11:09 AM
Then DJ Moore and Devon Moore started breakdancing in the corner of the lockerroom and Jerry Moore started singing. AE was too busy (signing a contract with a sports agent that will be busy signing a seven figure NFL contract in March) to notice that Barack Obama had entered the lockerroom to shake hands with his favorite FCS team. xwhistlex

Who is DJ Moore? xsmiley_wix

Green26
December 11th, 2009, 11:44 AM
Fun fact: App State bench= also in the shade for most of the late season games. So, believe it or not, this really won't be all that chilly for us. In fact, we'd be in the same situation, temp wise, if we'd played today. In Boone.

Personally, I think the injury of Lanston Tanyi has been the most alarming news I've heard about this game lately. More than the crowd. More than the cold.

If anything, I think our guys feed off of this stuff....

Okay, fair enough. Temperature predictions seem to be dropping a bit. Highs under 30 tomorrow. I see that App St has played in any game this year with temperatures under 30. I wonder why App St worked out indoors this week. Are they afraid of the cold?

Just saw some of the App St players. They were looking pretty cold.

AppIAA
December 11th, 2009, 11:49 AM
Okay, fair enough. Temperature predictions seem to be dropping a bit. Highs under 30 tomorrow. I see that App St has played in any game this year with temperatures under 30. I wonder why App St worked out indoors this week. Are they afraid of the cold?

Just saw some of the App St players. They were looking pretty cold.

They worked indoors SOME this week because we have a brand new indoor athletic facility.. something your coach(es) wish they had according to BH.. They were outdoors for a lot of the practices too..

You're just down right ignorant if you think the cold is going to affect them this weekend..

Boone as of 12:48 EST
http://www.weather.com/outlook/travel/businesstraveler/local/USNC0072?from=recentsearch
Feels like 14...

Missoula as of 12:48 EST
http://www.weather.com/outlook/travel/businesstraveler/local/USMT0231?lswe=missoula,%20mt&from=searchbox_localwx
Feels like 13..

No doubt it will be cold during the game.. but its not going to be any colder than what they are used to at this time of year...

Crackgina
December 11th, 2009, 11:57 AM
Who gives a crap about the weather or the crowd noise? It's going to be a great game and I like our chances. No one can say Appy isn't going to be able to adapt. We will try to make it as difficult as we can because we earned the home field advantage. Simple as that.

AppIAA
December 11th, 2009, 11:59 AM
Who gives a crap about the weather or the crowd noise? It's going to be a great game and I like our chances. No one can say Appy isn't going to be able to adapt. We will try to make it as difficult as we can because we earned the home field advantage. Simple as that.

Thank you cracky! That's what we have been saying the entire time, but some of your Griz faithful seem to disagree...

Green26
December 11th, 2009, 12:10 PM
They worked indoors SOME this week because we have a brand new indoor athletic facility.. something your coach(es) wish they had according to BH.. They were outdoors for a lot of the practices too..

You're just down right ignorant if you think the cold is going to affect them this weekend..

Boone as of 12:48 EST
http://www.weather.com/outlook/travel/businesstraveler/local/USNC0072?from=recentsearch
Feels like 14...

Missoula as of 12:48 EST
http://www.weather.com/outlook/travel/businesstraveler/local/USMT0231?lswe=missoula,%20mt&from=searchbox_localwx
Feels like 13..

No doubt it will be cold during the game.. but its not going to be any colder than what they are used to at this time of year...

App St hasn't played in any cold games. When it was cold at App St this week, they worked out inside. Why do you keep comparing Boone temps during a week when the team worked out inside, to temps in Montana (where the game will be played outside)?

It's like your fans who say the crowd noise in Missoula won't bother the team because they play in front of as many fans in Boone. Do some of those posters really not understand that it's not the number of people in the stands; it's the noise level, particularly particularly when your offense is on the field. I sure hope your home stadium fans don't make a bunch of noise when you offense is on the field.

AppIAA
December 11th, 2009, 12:15 PM
App St hasn't played in any cold games. When it was cold at App St this week, they worked out inside. Why do you keep comparing Boone temps during a week when the team worked out inside, to temps in Montana (where the game will be played outside)?

Apparently you were in Boone this week??? They only practiced inside when it was raining when that horrible storm passed through.... But I guess you have the inside information that not even App fans can get..

Rekdiver
December 11th, 2009, 12:15 PM
Face it Griz... You are hoping the noise and the temperature will be a factor......I would too if I were you............. You need every edge you can get.

paul1978
December 11th, 2009, 12:19 PM
Face it Griz... You are hoping the noise and the temperature will be a factor......I would too if I were you............. You need every edge you can get.

And we'll take it. xthumbsupx

Skjellyfetti
December 11th, 2009, 12:24 PM
What is the biggest factor in tommorrow's game? Temperature, crowd noise, or bulletin board material?

paul1978
December 11th, 2009, 12:35 PM
I believe the biggest issue in Saturdays game is Montana’s ability to disrupt (or not) App St offense. xchinscratchx

AppIAA
December 11th, 2009, 12:42 PM
I believe the biggest issue in Saturdays game is Montana’s ability to disrupt (or not) App St offense. xchinscratchx

NONSENSE!!!! As a Montana fan, you are only allowed to talk about the weather, the volume of the crowd, and WaGriz...

Psh, trying to talk about the game.. blasphemy!

ASUG8
December 11th, 2009, 12:42 PM

It's like your fans who say the crowd noise in Missoula won't bother the team because they play in front of as many fans in Boone. Do some of those posters really not understand that it's not the number of people in the stands; it's the noise level, particularly particularly when your offense is on the field. I sure hope your home stadium fans don't make a bunch of noise when you offense is on the field.

It was snowing at the Richmond game, but that was way back last Saturday. Nice try, again.

And again with the weather and noise? Let it go - we get it.

Grrrrriz
December 11th, 2009, 01:16 PM
It was snowing at the Richmond game, but that was way back last Saturday. Nice try, again.

And again with the weather and noise? Let it go - we get it.

Then quit responding to it. Thats the best way to get things like that to go away, just ignore it...but it doesn't seem like anyone really wants to.

CrackerRiley
December 11th, 2009, 01:18 PM
Ok, just to get this straight. Correct: The team practiced indoors this week. When it was raining!xrulesx When it was not raining, they did indeed practice outside. Including Wednesday with temperatures in the 30s.

The indoor practice facility has to be used for something, right?

Enough of this my team is tougher than yours cause we practice outside. App has held practice outdoors at least once or twice.... xrotatehx

Green26
December 11th, 2009, 01:26 PM
It was 35 degrees for the Richmond game, according to the stats on the ASU website. It won't get to 30 in Missoula tomorrow.

I was just at the stadium. It's pretty cold and there's a small breeze at the stadium. It was surprisingly cold, due mostly to the breeze I believe. I don't think there's supposed to be much of a wind tomorrow, but it will be very cold if there is some wind.

Note that I have never said the temperature or the noise will be a factor. However, I do believe that crowd noise will likely be a factor at times, and will make it more difficult for ASU to audible and will likely lead to some false starts and timeouts.

Are the ASU kickers used to kicking with a cold ball? A cold ball does different things, like doesn't go as far.

P.S. There are plumbers, plumbing trucks, tarps, hoses and other workers all over the place at the stadium--working on the frozen pipes, etc. Also, two big white tents set up on the field. I assume they were requested by ASU for their walk-thru today, because it would otherwise be too cold for them. I heard they won't have time to fix the bathrooms near the visitors seats.

ASUG8
December 11th, 2009, 01:28 PM
It was 35 degrees for the Richmond game, according to the stats on the ASU website. It won't get to 30 in Missoula tomorrow.

I was just at the stadium. It's pretty cold and there's a small breeze at the stadium. It was surprisingly cold, due mostly to the breeze I believe. I don't think there's supposed to be much of a wind tomorrow, but it will be very cold if there is some wind.

Note that I have never said the temperature or the noise will be a factor. However, I do believe that crowd noise will likely be a factor at times, and will make it more difficult for ASU to audible and will likely lead to some false starts and timeouts.
Are the ASU kickers used to kicking with a cold ball? A cold ball does different things, like doesn't go as far.

Anybody else note the complete contradiction here? xoopsx

AppIAA
December 11th, 2009, 01:29 PM

HOLY $***!!!! Do you not realize BOONE, NC is cold too????

Maybe not as cold as Missoula on average, but definitely gets colder than what its going to be tomorrow in Missoula on a regular basis...

uofmman1122
December 11th, 2009, 01:29 PM

Are the ASU kickers used to kicking with a cold ball? A cold ball does different things, like doesn't go as far.Dude, as a Griz fan myself, I really think you're underestimating how cold Boone, NC is.

ASU is not like any other "Southern" team. The cold will have similar effects on both teams.

Rekdiver
December 11th, 2009, 01:31 PM
Green26............SHUT UP ALREADY!!!!!!!!!!!xshakingmadx

uofmman1122
December 11th, 2009, 01:33 PM
Green26............SHUT UP ALREADY!!!!!!!!!!!xshakingmadxOne might be saying the same to you.

You've mockingly brought up the cold, crowd noise, BB material, speed, etc. in almost every thread. If you don't want to talk about it, then stop bringing it up, yourself.

gbhmt
December 11th, 2009, 01:35 PM
Seriously Rekdiver, don't dish it out if you can't take it.

Rekdiver
December 11th, 2009, 01:38 PM
I beg your pardon. I never broughtit up ....just responded to Grizzards.........

If you think that Green26 is on top of the game with the posts...

" Have your kickers ever kicked with a cold ball?" You have to be mortified...I do believe hypothermia (caused from loss of body heat dure to cold Montana weather) is affecting this person.........

saccat
December 11th, 2009, 03:10 PM
Is it going to be cold on Saturday? I don't think I have read anything about it.

Green26
December 11th, 2009, 03:37 PM
Dude, as a Griz fan myself, I really think you're underestimating how cold Boone, NC is.

ASU is not like any other "Southern" team. The cold will have similar effects on both teams.

It's irrelevant how cold Boone is, if the team has never played or practiced in the cold. I've been to Boone. Have you?

Green26
December 11th, 2009, 03:38 PM
I beg your pardon. I never broughtit up ....just responded to Grizzards.........

If you think that Green26 is on top of the game with the posts...

" Have your kickers ever kicked with a cold ball?" You have to be mortified...I do believe hypothermia (caused from loss of body heat dure to cold Montana weather) is affecting this person.........

Are you incapable of just answering a question, or ignoring it? You constantly made fun of comments/questions or answer questions not asked.

Like someone else said, you can dish it out and avoid the issues, but you sure can't take it.

ronpayne
December 11th, 2009, 03:40 PM
It's irrelevant how cold Boone is, if the team has never played or practiced in the cold. I've been to Boone. Have you?

We already established that our team practices in the cold too. There's a quote from Coach Moore somewhere online that stated the cold in Montana is actually nicer, because it isn't as humid, and thus doesn't quite freeze you as bad (at the same temperature, relatively speaking) as the "wetter" cold in Boone. Here's to hoping the temps stay in the upper 20's and 30's for the game!

Go Apps!

AppIAA
December 11th, 2009, 03:42 PM

You're right.. a team that has it's home games in Boone where it is cold has never played or practiced in the cold...

HOW THE HELL DOES THAT MAKE ANY SENSE!?

That's like saying the Packers would play awful in Detroit because its cold there...

Again, THEY HAVE ONLY PRACTICED INDOORS WHEN IT WAS RAINING -- NOT WHEN IT IS COLD!!!!

You're complaining about rekdiver, yet, you dont seem to read anything, anyone else posts..

msugrizzly
December 11th, 2009, 03:44 PM
NONSENSE!!!! As a Montana fan, you are only allowed to talk about the weather, the volume of the crowd, and WaGriz...

Psh, trying to talk about the game.. blasphemy!

now thats a good post. All this noise/cold stuff is getting very old, time to move on

paul1978
December 11th, 2009, 03:51 PM
xbawlingxThe sad part is next week all we will be hearing is how the cold/noise did or did not effect the game. Noooooo!

MR. CHICKEN
December 11th, 2009, 04:07 PM
ANYONE WATCH DUH STEELERS/BROWNS...LAST NIGHT...xconfusedx....ANNOUNCER...SAID COLD WEATHER DOESN'T BOTHERAH PLAYERS......THERE ACTIVE...MOVIN' 'ROUND.......$*+!....ALL DUH STARTERS ARE IN SHORT SLEEVES.......DUH BENCH JOCKEYS...ARE COLD...WRAPPED UP IN DUH HOODED PARKAS........IT'S COLD IN BOONE....IT'S COLD IN MISERYOULA....IT WILL NOT EFFECT DUH GAME....WHAT-SO-EVERAH......SNOW LIKE @ 'NOVA......RAIN....FUMBLES.....WET PIGGY...DAT EFFECTS GAMES........YA'LL......JES' LET DUH WEATHERAH GO......IT'S LOUD IN MONTANA...IT'S LOUD @...MICHIGAN....IT'S LOUD @....NORFFERN IOWA......IT'S MO' 'BOUT QB'S.....WR'S...O-LINE....DEFENSE......GAME PLANS......C'MON...LADS.....xpopcornx....AWK!

AppIAA
December 11th, 2009, 05:28 PM
IT'S MO' 'BOUT QB'S.....WR'S...O-LINE....DEFENSE......GAME PLANS......C'MON...LADS.....xpopcornx....AWK!

Mr Chicken,

That is NOT what football is about.. its all about who has the loudest stadiums and play in the coldest environments.. get a clue!!!

paul1978
December 11th, 2009, 05:56 PM
Mr Chicken,

That is NOT what football is about.. its all about who has the loudest stadiums and play in the coldest environments.. get a clue!!!

xdeadhorsex

AppIAA
December 11th, 2009, 06:04 PM
xdeadhorsex

Touche.. I will take that..

Just trying to make a little fun while we have to anxiously wait!

whoanellie
December 11th, 2009, 06:07 PM
Most of the UM comments on noise are being made because some posters refuse to acknowledge that it's very loud stadium.

If those posters would either admit to that fact (it's not opinion) or keep their mouths shut on that point, then a better discussion would occur.

What X's and O's do you want to discuss? I'm pretty good at the basic stuff (as are many other Griz posters), follow the Griz closely (as do many ohter Griz posters) and played college ball. I'd be happy to discuss--and will be quick to call BS if what is asserted about either team isn't correct (to my knowledge or in my opinion). just wait and the app-holes will swear thay brought 10,000 fans up from Boone, by covered wagon no doubt!!! planned the trip and started 6 months ago... they just knew xcoffeex

AppIAA
December 11th, 2009, 06:09 PM
just wait and the app-holes will swear thay brought 10,000 fans up from Boone, by covered wagon no doubt!!! planned the trip and started 6 months ago... they just knew xcoffeex

No, you're confused about the time App fans outnumbered the Elon fans at their stadium.. started from the get go -- more tailgater, more fans, more noise, more points...

We're only expecting 500-1000 at this one (still impressive for the distance having to travel and plan in such a short time period)

paul1978
December 11th, 2009, 06:14 PM
Touche.. I will take that..

Just trying to make a little fun while we have to anxiously wait!

I am all for having fun. xlolx But xazzx there as been so many post along this line that it gets tiresome. xshakingmadx

How about coming up with something original. xthumbsupx

AppIAA
December 11th, 2009, 06:40 PM
I all for having fun. xlolx But xazzx there as been so many post along this line that it gets tiresome. xshakingmadx

How about coming up with something original. xthumbsupx

ok, how about...

Boone is very close to the same temperature to Missoula right now... xlolxxlolxxlolxxlolx

I KEED, I KEED!

paul1978
December 11th, 2009, 06:43 PM
ok, how about...

Boone is very close to the same temperature to Missoula right now... xlolxxlolxxlolxxlolx

I KEED, I KEED!

I'll be at the game having fun cheering the Griz. Hope you have fun watching it on TV and cheering App St on. :)

AppIAA
December 11th, 2009, 07:21 PM
I'll be at the game having fun cheering the Griz. Hope you have fun watching it on TV and cheering App St on. :)

I will try to have fun.. depends, on how the game is going..

But regardless of the outcome, I will be in Chattanooga. Will you be??

paul1978
December 11th, 2009, 07:43 PM
I will try to have fun.. depends, on how the game is going..

But regardless of the outcome, I will be in Chattanooga. Will you be??

I'll be going if the Griz win. I can't justify spending the money but for the Griz I will.

Aho_Old_Guy
December 11th, 2009, 08:38 PM
just wait and the app-holes will swear thay brought 10,000 fans up from Boone, by covered wagon no doubt!!! planned the trip and started 6 months ago... they just knew xcoffeex

http://i716.photobucket.com/albums/ww165/Back_at_the_Ranch/elon-LOL.jpg

Rekdiver
December 11th, 2009, 10:58 PM
Green26 I'll answer your questions. Yes we are used to playing with cold balls. Yes we practice outside. Yes its cold in Boone too. Yes we know its colder in a shady area. Now let me ask you a simple question. Do you always post such stupid questions and comments?

CFallsGriz
December 11th, 2009, 11:41 PM

And we're sick of hearing about #14, so a wash on that one, eh?

CFallsGriz
December 11th, 2009, 11:45 PM
I haven't actually read a post from an ASU fan getting all defensive about it... why should we? It's not our library-like stadium's noise factor that's being rebuffed.

I see a thumbs-up about the noise... a couple saying noise probably won't be the deciding factor in this game ... and a dozen Griz fans upset because ASU fans don't find the "our stadium is loud and scary" argument a compelling reason to think the Griz can make it back from 21 points down against this defense.

And it's back to the tuba for you, eh buddy boy?xoopsxxcoffeex

Skjellyfetti
December 11th, 2009, 11:46 PM

xlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolx

That will never get old. xlolx

xbowxxbowxxbowx

putter
December 12th, 2009, 12:13 AM
You guys are all high. The noise won't be a huge affect nor will the temp. The only thing that App is really sqrewed by will be the change in elevation!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

Hows that for change of pace..........xoopsx

Frosty The Snowbuff
December 12th, 2009, 01:52 AM
You guys are all high. The noise won't be a huge affect nor will the temp. The only thing that App is really sqrewed by will be the change in elevation!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

Hows that for change of pace..........xoopsx

Correct me if I'm wrong.....but doesn't Appy play at Altitude also?

Frosty The Snowbuff
December 12th, 2009, 01:53 AM

>>>> Is finding these Elon signs hilarious....

xlolxxlolxxlolx

GolfingGriz
December 12th, 2009, 01:59 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong.....but doesn't Appy play at Altitude also?

Yep. What's going to bother them is our team. Their playing pretty well right now. The noise will cause some false starts and may rattle a few of their young players, but thats it concerning Appy. Where the noise will really be a factor is how much it energizes our defense. They trive off of each other. The better they play, the louder we get! The louder we get, the better the play! And so on. GO GRIZ!!

Skjellyfetti
December 12th, 2009, 02:18 AM
Since this is kinda the "Off Topic" App-Montana thread I thought I'd post this here.

GREAT article from Missoula's newpaper about the similarities of Boone and Missoula (it's mainly about Boone... assuming the reader is familiar with Missoula):

"Appalachian State's home of Boone, N.C., has much in common with Missoula"
http://www.missoulian.com/news/local/article_8404ae08-e6ea-11de-9e82-001cc4c03286.html

CopperCat
December 12th, 2009, 02:39 AM

The fanbase doesn't need to talk X's and O's because the team speaks for itself. They are undefeated and are having a helluva season.

If you want to talk X's and O's, I'll give it a go. You wanna win? Stop Mariani.

Only problem is that Mariani is unstoppable. I might be biased here but I'd take Mariani over Edwards all day long, especially in that stadium.

Skjellyfetti
December 12th, 2009, 02:50 AM
Another article from the Missoulian... this one about an App and Montana alum living in Missoula:

http://www.missoulian.com/news/local/article_1015e86c-e6eb-11de-a899-001cc4c03286.html

mlbowl
December 12th, 2009, 10:17 AM
The fanbase doesn't need to talk X's and O's because the team speaks for itself. They are undefeated and are having a helluva season.

If you want to talk X's and O's, I'll give it a go. You wanna win? Stop Mariani.

Only problem is that Mariani is unstoppable. I might be biased here but I'd take Mariani over Edwards all day long, especially in that stadium.

That's gotta hurt to sayxlolx...If it was MSU, I'd be rooting for the Cats...I still remember '84xnodx

Proud Griz Man
December 12th, 2009, 11:40 AM

I hope #80 has a really great game today. xthumbsupx
http://www.egriz.com/grizpics/albums/userpics/10551/normal_IMG_6809.jpg

Green26
December 12th, 2009, 12:04 PM
Green26 I'll answer your questions. Yes we are used to playing with cold balls. Yes we practice outside. Yes its cold in Boone too. Yes we know its colder in a shady area. Now let me ask you a simple question. Do you always post such stupid questions and comments?

Actually, the main question, which I see you didn't answer, was did you know the opponent's bench will be in the "shade" for the entire game.

I tailor my questions to the audience. Based on seeing some of your prior posts, I thought I had better keep it pretty simple for some of you. Even some of these simple ones seemed to go over your head.

AppIAA
December 12th, 2009, 12:16 PM
Actually, the main question, which I see you didn't answer, was did you know the opponent's bench will be in the "shade" for the entire game.

I tailor my questions to the audience. Based on seeing some of your prior posts, I thought I had better keep it pretty simple for some of you. Even some of these simple ones seemed to go over your head.

If you freakin read the thread, you would have got an answer.. it won't matter that the visitors side is in the shade.. so is the home side at KBS..

READ MY FRIEND!!!

Ronbo
December 12th, 2009, 12:26 PM
There will be no sun or shade today. What are you guys arguing about?xconfusedx