PDA

View Full Version : Western Carolina 2006 Schedule announced!

WCU LawCat
December 22nd, 2005, 03:43 PM
08/31/06 Chowan E.J. Whitmire Stadium/Bob Waters Field TBA
09/09/06 - OPEN -
09/16/06 Eastern Kentucky E.J. Whitmire Stadium/Bob Waters Field TBA
09/23/06 at Furman * Greenville, S.C. TBA
09/30/06 Georgia Southern * E.J. Whitmire Stadium/Bob Waters Field TBA
10/07/06 at Elon * Elon, N.C. TBA
10/14/06 Chattanooga * (Homecoming) E.J. Whitmire Stadium/Bob Waters Field TBA
10/21/06 at The Citadel * Charleston, S.C. TBA
10/28/06 at Wofford * Spartanburg, S.C. TBA
11/04/06 at Liberty Lynchburg, Va. TBA
11/11/06 Appalachian State * E.J. Whitmire Stadium/Bob Waters Field TBA
11/18/06 at Florida Gainesville, Fla. TBA

JMU Duke Dog
December 22nd, 2005, 03:45 PM
Ending your season in "The Swamp" will be very difficult especially with how the Gators' recruiting has been going. I will be pulling for you all though!

TexasTerror
December 22nd, 2005, 03:53 PM
What or who is Chowan EJ?

WCU LawCat
December 22nd, 2005, 04:02 PM
EJ is not part of the School name that was a mistake. Chowan College is a D-II independant. They are located in NC. I don't like D-II schools on the schedule but its becoming a tradition to have the season opener on Thursday nights against a D-II team. We might need the tune up and the off week after that to get ready for three games in a row vs EKU, Furman, and GSU. Thats a tough start, and crucial to a successful season.

hapapp
December 22nd, 2005, 04:04 PM
It's actually Chowan (the EJ, I think goes with Whitmire--the stadium name). Chowan is a NC school that recently was a member of the USA South D3 conference. I believe this past year they moved or were in transition to D2.

Mr. C
December 22nd, 2005, 04:41 PM
At least the Catamounts actually scheduled 11 games this year. That's a start.

AppStateSVX
December 22nd, 2005, 04:56 PM
EJ is not part of the School name that was a mistake. Chowan College is a D-II independant. They are located in NC. I don't like D-II schools on the schedule but its becoming a tradition to have the season opener on Thursday nights against a D-II team. We might need the tune up and the off week after that to get ready for three games in a row vs EKU, Furman, and GSU. Thats a tough start, and crucial to a successful season.

be careful of those "tune-up" squads!!!! :hurray: :hurray: :hurray:

catamount man
December 22nd, 2005, 05:50 PM
At least the Catamounts actually scheduled 11 games this year. That's a start.

We scheduled 11 last season. Falwell got rid of one, Mother Nature took care of the other one. Simple as that! GO CATAMOUNTS!!! I like this schedule a lot. If we can be 2-0 heading into Furman on 9/23, that will be one hell of an atmosphere, especially since they will be looking to avoid back to back losses to the Catamounts since 1993 and 1994. GO CATAMOUNTS!!!

OL FU
December 22nd, 2005, 05:53 PM
We scheduled 11 last season. Falwell got rid of one, Mother Nature took care of the other one. Simple as that! GO CATAMOUNTS!!! I like this schedule a lot. If we can be 2-0 heading into Furman on 9/23, that will be one hell of an atmosphere, especially since they will be looking to avoid back to back losses to the Catamounts since 1993 and 1994. GO CATAMOUNTS!!!

I like the scedule.I guess you are in Falwell county he will not get rid of this one.

Best of Luck in 10 of those Games.

I am glad we are at least a little later in the schedule

dungeonjoe
December 22nd, 2005, 08:14 PM
4 of your last 5 games are away; Wofford did something similar this year. That's a rough way to end the year.