PDA

View Full Version : If App Wins Another NC...

santosballnewhampshire
December 8th, 2009, 01:23 PM
Does Jerry Moore retire? Or is he stickin around for a couple more years?

Skjellyfetti
December 8th, 2009, 01:25 PM
He is sticking around. He's like Bowden or Paterno... he doesn't know how to do anything but coach football. He'll be doing it until his body can't handle it anymore.

james_lawfirm
December 8th, 2009, 02:12 PM

To add to the previous post, Coach Moore has stated that he will coach at App until he cannot contribute anymore. I have no idea what that means.

DLS
December 8th, 2009, 02:14 PM
To add to the previous post, Coach Moore has stated that he will coach at App until he cannot contribute anymore. I have no idea what that means.

i think he means when his mind goes senial

mcveyrl
December 8th, 2009, 02:18 PM
He is sticking around. He's like Bowden or Paterno... he doesn't know how to do anything but coach football. He'll be doing it until his body can't handle it anymore.

Given what I know (or think I know) I think that Moore has more class and a sense of reality/sense than Bowden or Paterno (who both, IMO, have held on too long). I would be surprised if he retired this year, but he will not fade out like those two.

Mikeyosef
December 8th, 2009, 02:23 PM
I totally agree with you on this one.

Mikeyosef
December 8th, 2009, 02:24 PM
Given what I know (or think I know) I think that Moore has more class and a sense of reality/sense than Bowden or Paterno (who both, IMO, have held on too long). I would be surprised if he retired this year, but he will not fade out like those two.

I totally agre with you on this one.

blukeys
December 8th, 2009, 02:34 PM

I hope he sticks around. It's very old school to coach a team and to stay there. He also deserves to stick around and remind all of the naysayers who thought he should have been fired 6 years ago that they were a bunch of naysayers and namby pamby jerks.

Funny, I read posts on this very same forum about 5 years ago on just that topic. And there were a bunch of ASU posters who said the game had passed him by and he needed to go.

Sure would be classy of those ASU folks who trashed Coach Moore in those years to man up and admit they were wrong. I won't hold my breath for that one. xrolleyesxxrolleyesxxrolleyesx

Skjellyfetti
December 8th, 2009, 02:39 PM
Funny, I read posts on this very same forum about 5 years ago on just that topic. And there were a bunch of ASU posters who said the game had passed him by and he needed to go.

Sure would be classy of those ASU folks who trashed Coach Moore in those years to man up and admit they were wrong. I won't hold my breath for that one. xrolleyesxxrolleyesxxrolleyesx

There still are those "fans" that believe that. Looking back at the Richmond game thread on here after the game... we had one guy calling for his head at halftime. xrolleyesxxsmhx

SpeedkingATL
December 8th, 2009, 03:05 PM
If Jamal Jackson is the real deal Jerry sticks around for four more years.xtwocentsx

bigappfan10
December 8th, 2009, 06:46 PM
I cringe at the "in the know" comments and so there ya go- I'm posting-but this was pretty common knowledge for administrators at App a few years ago...when Chan. Peacock first arrived, he really cleaned house, immediately firing four vice chancellors and the AD within his first six months. Coach Moore was in his final year of his contract and App had not been doing very well so a lot of top admins highly spectulated he would not be re-signed thus be asked to resign at the end of the season thru a lot of rumblings on campus. Then they win the NC out of nowhere. I was at the game and just watching Peacock hugging all over Coach at the end of the game was ridiculous. I remember all of my fellow App fans calling for Coach to resign and then jumped right into the "One MOORE year" chants...oh brother.

AppAlum96
December 8th, 2009, 08:13 PM
I never called for his head, that's for sure. However, since moving to CA in '00, I hadn't had anyone to talk App football with until I found this site in 2005. By then, it wasn't an issue, obviously.

GrizFanStuckInUtah
December 8th, 2009, 08:14 PM
Nice cart we have here :D

HappyAppy13
December 8th, 2009, 08:38 PM
If Jamal Jackson is the real deal Jerry sticks around for four more years.xtwocentsx

he's my neighbor!xnodx

JohnStOnge
December 9th, 2009, 07:31 PM
When I saw the title my first thought was it'll mean that McNeese will have played two national champions during the regular season during the 2000s and beaten them both yet can't win a #@$%! first round playoff game.

ASU Tailgaiteer
December 9th, 2009, 08:35 PM
There still are those "fans" that believe that. Looking back at the Richmond game thread on here after the game... we had one guy calling for his head at halftime. xrolleyesxxsmhx

I kinda compare him to Don Shula. Moore was a very "3 yards and a cloud of dust" "Defense wins championships" kind of guy who adapted (or allowed adaptations to take place). You did see some conservative play calling in the early part of the season, but it has opened back up.

Shula, of course, was a run first coach until Dan Marino took the helm.

JWASU10
December 9th, 2009, 09:49 PM
Coach Moore will stay around for a while...that is until Satterfield is ready to come back to coach.

KiddBrewer
December 9th, 2009, 09:50 PM
Coach Moore will stay around for a while...that is until Satterfield is ready to come back to coach.

could be Shawn Elliot.....xcoffeex

proasu89
December 9th, 2009, 10:04 PM
could be Shawn Elliot.....xcoffeex

Based on his tirade last Saturday he might blow a gasket before his team played it's first game of the season. Shawn is a great position coach and will someday land a bigger job but might not have the demeanor to pilot the ship. I could also be wrongxlolx

KiddBrewer
December 9th, 2009, 10:06 PM
he's my neighbor!xnodx

armanti and cortez gilbert were my neighbors for 2 years. i winxthumbsupx

proasu89
December 9th, 2009, 10:08 PM
armanti and cortez gilbert were my neighbors for 2 years. i winxthumbsupx

You lose because you should have mowed his lawnxsmiley_wix

KiddBrewer
December 9th, 2009, 10:09 PM
You lose because you should have mowed his lawnxsmiley_wix

disclaimer: we didnt have a lawn when we lived there.....just a gravel driveway....which they got more gravel for despite my frequent requests for additional gravel on our parking area....the mans got pull

Wildcat80
December 9th, 2009, 10:17 PM

He's told his team he expects ASU to have a ten year run. Guess he is staying.

ThompsonThe
December 9th, 2009, 11:10 PM
If we were to win for ten more years, GaSo fans would be jumping off Grandfather Mountains swinging bridge.

Hoyadestroya85
December 10th, 2009, 01:02 AM
disclaimer: we didnt have a lawn when we lived there.....just a gravel driveway....which they got more gravel for despite my frequent requests for additional gravel on our parking area....the mans got pull
I knew it! NCAA violation ;)

MarchingMountaineer
December 10th, 2009, 05:52 AM
I knew it! NCAA violation ;)

Nah... Boone made them put down more gravel so there wouldn't be any grass.

Mountaineer#96
December 10th, 2009, 06:37 AM
Based on his tirade last Saturday he might blow a gasket before his team played it's first game of the season. Shawn is a great position coach and will someday land a bigger job but might not have the demeanor to pilot the ship. I could also be wrongxlolx

If it is going to be someone on the staff I can't see Elliot getting the head job. John Wiley or Dale Jones maybe though.....xnodx

Touchdown Yosef
December 10th, 2009, 07:19 AM
I hope he sticks around. It's very old school to coach a team and to stay there. He also deserves to stick around and remind all of the naysayers who thought he should have been fired 6 years ago that they were a bunch of naysayers and namby pamby jerks.

I wasn't on this board back then but I and many other have admitted on several occasions that we were among those that wanted to see Moore gone. I still stand by that the last game of the 2004 season against Western was the worst coached game I ever saw. Maybe the calls were a bit rash, fans usually are but some great changes did come from that outrage and laid the groundwork for what we are enjoying today. No regrets, but the university made some great moves after 2004 and for that I am still grateful.

jedmis10
December 10th, 2009, 07:42 AM

Yeah, I don't know about the foaming at the mouth discipline either. However, I don't think the player will make that mistake again.xlolx

jedmis10
December 10th, 2009, 07:47 AM
If we were to win for ten more years, GaSo fans would be jumping off Grandfather Mountains swinging bridge.

Good!

blueballs
December 10th, 2009, 09:24 AM
Moore should coach as long as he's enjoying it, and App should absolutely let him. The man deserves to enjoy what he has built there.

Rekdiver
December 10th, 2009, 10:34 AM
It was change or retire. I give him and the coaching staff all the credit in the world for looking to shake things up and now everyone is FCS seems to be following our example. When I hear recruits talk about the sincerity of JM and how he makes them feel part of a family it makes a huge difference.

smcwildcat
December 10th, 2009, 11:24 AM
IF being the key word here

hApPYaPpYFan
December 10th, 2009, 12:15 PM
GrizFanStuckInUtah, Love the Blue Star flag!!!! My son was deployed for 14 months in Afaganistan and I displayed a Blue Star flag on my door until he returned home. Thanks for displaying your support.

jedmis10
December 10th, 2009, 02:30 PM
APP..........STATE.......APP........STATE.......AP P........STATE

http://i984.photobucket.com/albums/ae326/jedmis10/grizzzz2.jpg

ncguitarplyr
December 10th, 2009, 05:32 PM
I sure hope he stays

SoCon48
December 11th, 2009, 12:40 PM

hope he sticks around. It's very old school to coach a team and to stay there. He also deserves to stick around and remind all of the naysayers who thought he should have been fired 6 years ago that they were a bunch of naysayers and namby pamby jerks.

AMEN!!!!

Zangzigger
December 11th, 2009, 11:00 PM
I don't think he'll retire