PDA

View Full Version : CAA Transfers

jimbo65
December 8th, 2009, 08:51 AM
There is a report, unconfirmed, on the Fordham Board that we have gotten five transfers from Hofstra & three from Northeastern. If true, the full schollies are already paying off.

DFW HOYA
December 8th, 2009, 09:48 AM
There is a report, unconfirmed, on the Fordham Board that we have gotten five transfers from Hofstra & three from Northeastern. If true, the full schollies are already paying off.

Is Fordham now exempt from the AI?

jimbo65
December 8th, 2009, 10:15 AM
Is Fordham now exempt from the AI?

DFW, I am not sure. Some people say yes, others say no. To be candid with you, I am uncertain whether there is one AI for the PL or each school has an individual AI. If we only can give fball schollies to those who meet the overall AI for FU, the value of the schollies in getting better players is compromised. Granted, they no longer have to qualify for financial aid but the pool is diminished by the academic requirement. If the report of the transfers is true, my guess is that it is unlikely all eight would meet the AI, so perhaps we can ignore the rule. Would appreciate someone explaining what the rule is.

RichH2
December 8th, 2009, 10:23 AM
Each school has their own AI, PL has a floor AI for all schools. No one under that floor can be a recruited football player.

jimbo65
December 8th, 2009, 11:05 AM
Each school has their own AI, PL has a floor AI for all schools. No one under that floor can be a recruited football player.
Thanks for the info. Do you know if the AI is the "average" SAT score for students entering the university.
Also, would any of the PL members have an average admission rate below the PL floor. Seems strange.

Bogus Megapardus
December 8th, 2009, 11:35 AM
Perhaps to be considered in all of this is the appointment of Duke attorney Robin Harris as the new Executive Director of the Ivy Group. The WSJ made some observations suggesting that she is of an open mind:

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052970203658504574193634290615534.html

I wonder if she and Carol Femovich have had a chance to sit down for brunch at the Harvard Club.

BDKJMU
December 8th, 2009, 01:31 PM

Already a thread on this:
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/forum/showthread.php?t=67071

Seawolf97
December 8th, 2009, 05:02 PM
I think many of the Hofstra players will stay local. I understand most of the players Stony Brook has an interest in are from Long Island or the NYC Metro area. Which should benefit them and hopefully add a little to our fan base going forward. We should know alot more by this Friday.