PDA

View Full Version : Mountaineers/Griz in the "Rock of the West"

KiddBrewer
December 6th, 2009, 12:19 AM
You won't find two better teams in the 2000s. I test you to find more intense and dedicated fans. Don't even think about finding two louder stadiums. NO team has better play makers. The battle to go back to Chatty, for the 4th time in 5 years....or for the second year in a row. It's on. So.....who wins?

I'm going with my boys! It's great to be a Mountaineer!xthumbsupx

uofmman1122
December 6th, 2009, 12:24 AM
I've never been so pumped for a game as long as I can remember, and I've been super pumped for games before.

The two most storied programs in FCS of the last ten years finally getting to prove superiority on the field. xnodx

The Griz are undefeated against ASU, and they keep it that way.

Griz win 37-31. xthumbsupx

KiddBrewer
December 6th, 2009, 12:27 AM
I've never been so pumped for a game as long as I can remember, and I've been super pumped for games before.

The two most storied programs in FCS of the last ten years finally getting to prove superiority on the field. xnodx

i find it hard to argue against the griz.......BUT, i find it even harder to argue against armanti.xrotatehx

not that im saying they will, but if the griz do prevail.....ill be pulling for them hard to take down the CAA, no doubt!

uofmman1122
December 6th, 2009, 12:38 AM
i find it hard to argue against the griz.......BUT, i find it even harder to argue against armanti.xrotatehx

not that im saying they will, but if the griz do prevail.....ill be pulling for them hard to take down the CAA, no doubt!No doubt!

The winner of this game gets my full support to take down the evil empire! xlolx

I'm gonna start calling 89Hen "Darth CAA" xlolx xlolx xlolx

Tod
December 6th, 2009, 01:01 AM
No doubt!

The winner of this game gets my full support to take down the evil empire! xlolx

Agree with every word you said!!

xthumbsupxxthumbsupxxthumbsupxxthumbsupxxthumbsupx xlolxxlolxxlolx

AppAlum96
December 6th, 2009, 01:11 AM
I like ASU being an Underdog. Reminds me of old times. :)

theasushow
December 6th, 2009, 01:14 AM
No doubt!

correct. ill pick asu b/c i graduated from there in only 6 years and have a man crush on AE. obviously there is no bad pick in this game.

KiddBrewer
December 6th, 2009, 01:14 AM
Agree with every word you said!!

xthumbsupxxthumbsupxxthumbsupxxthumbsupxxthumbsupx xlolxxlolxxlolx

then you automatically agree with every word I saidxthumbsupx

KiddBrewer
December 6th, 2009, 01:16 AM
our fans are awful friendly with one another.......what day do you think it will be spiced up a little?

theasushow
December 6th, 2009, 01:22 AM
its weird, now the SDSU meltdown really hits home, part of me wishes the semifinal was in Boone, but another part of me is soo pumped the boys are headed to Montana!

Proud Griz Man
December 6th, 2009, 01:27 AM
No doubt!

Darth Hater !!!!!xnonono2x

Tod
December 6th, 2009, 01:33 AM
then you automatically agree with every word I saidxthumbsupx

xnodx

Tod
December 6th, 2009, 01:35 AM
Darth Hater !!!!!xnonono2x

Maybe we can all just agree on Darth. And USE it. xeyebrowx

uofmman1122
December 6th, 2009, 01:43 AM
our fans are awful friendly with one another.......what day do you think it will be spiced up a little?I think both teams' fanbases are just so happy to finally be playing each other, and for a game of this magnitude smack just seems a little petty. xnodx

ThompsonThe
December 6th, 2009, 02:08 AM
I think both teams' fanbases are just so happy to finally be playing each other, and for a game of this magnitude smack just seems a little petty. xnodx

"True Dat"

Even though Armanti will never play at Kidd Brewer Stadium again, I am kind of glad to see him get to visit Washington Grizzley. Some of the best fans in FCS need to see him in person at least once.

Much respect, it's going to be a "barn burner".

Skjellyfetti
December 6th, 2009, 03:35 AM
I want to go to this game soooooooo bad but I am a poor recent grad. I may start hitchhiking toward Montana in the morning.

Montana_Mojo
December 6th, 2009, 04:24 AM
I've been anticipating this matchup for years. And, FINALLY, we have it. I'm just thankful it's in Missoula. Getting Appalachian State in Missoula is a rare treat. Appalachian State is the premier program in the FCS, and there isn't a Montana fan that doesn't realize that.

Hosting Appalachian State is an honor. And beating Appalachian State would be an honor. Win or lose next week, I believe mutual respect between these two fine programs abounds.

And, perhaps, this game could be the ultimate matchup that determines the team of the decade in the FCS. If Montana wins, and goes on to win the title, I think they're the team of the decade. If App State wins, they're unquestionably the team of the decade.

th0m
December 6th, 2009, 04:28 AM
Gonna be a great game.

griz8791
December 6th, 2009, 05:12 AM
Stuck in Sheridan, WY for a business trip on Friday night. No way to get out of it.

xbawlingx

If by some miracle this game wound up on Saturday afternoon I could just barely make it. I would tell the highway patrolmen I am on my way to see Armanti Edwards in Missoula.

09griz
December 6th, 2009, 06:25 AM
I met a guy at a bar here in Helena about two months ago who was from Boone and wearing and Appalachian State T-shirt. I offered to buy the shirt off of his back due to the fact that App State is the only other program in the nation that I have a real respect and admiration for. (No CAA BS, no ECB, just good football that has proven itself on the field time and time again...despite the strength of conference nonsense that is always thrown around.)

So, he and I talked a little bit of friendly trash that, at one point, amounted to exactly this:

Me: You know I'd love to see you guys come to Missoula and play at Washington Griz.

APPY FAN: Yeah? Well I think you'll be playing in Boone.

Me: The road to Chatty is gonna go through Missoula this year buddy, mark my words.

APPY FAN: Well you're gonna be in tears when we stomp you on your own lawn then.

Me: PFFFT! Lemme buy you a drink, liar!

Torgo
December 6th, 2009, 07:04 AM
I think we've all been anticipating this game for so long that we've just sort of become fans of each other :p

Whoever wins this one has my full support in Chatty, that's for sure.

Aho_Old_Guy
December 6th, 2009, 07:22 AM
http://i716.photobucket.com/albums/ww165/Back_at_the_Ranch/theclash.jpg

ASU_Fanatic
December 6th, 2009, 07:49 AM
App wins 48-39

appfan2008
December 6th, 2009, 08:07 AM
is there any doubt who I voted for???

GO APP!

AppMAN04
December 6th, 2009, 08:18 AM
Great game this is going to be... I was a freshman in 2000 when UM beat us, they also havent played the mad man who is Armanti and this strong ASU offense!! Much respect to UM, but I am def voting for my boys to put a Chomping down!! CHOMP CHOMP CHOMP

Mountaineer#96
December 6th, 2009, 08:23 AM
I think we've all been anticipating this game for so long that we've just sort of become fans of each other :p

Whoever wins this one has my full support in Chatty, that's for sure.

That and we reseamble each other very close. Our atmospheres for games, our domination of our conferences, dedication of fans.......that and I think we respect each others programs since we aren't in each other's back yard. ASU fans got a lot of flack from Elon, JMU, Richmond, and other fans this year but never from Montana faithful. If anything you guys have supported us as much as we have you guys sorta like we wanted this Saturday to happenxnodx here it is! xthumbsupx

paward
December 6th, 2009, 09:19 AM
Should be a great game. If I had to pick I would say Appalachian, but can not rule out Montana by any means. Good Luck to both. The next two weeks will be brutal football at its best.

Poker Alan
December 6th, 2009, 09:31 AM
After missing yesterdays game due to a Christmas Party*, I will definitely be at this game ... I am extremely pumped (AND NERVOUS AS HELL) to see AE and that great team in person. I hope it is a classic, it deserves to be...

* - drunken celebration/poker game/ugly sweater competition

tampa_griz
December 6th, 2009, 09:45 AM
I don't think I've ever been this excited for a Montana game. I was at the game in 2000 and me and my pops hung out with one of their player's folks and showed them around Missoula. Absolutely some of the finest people I've ever met. Obviously I can't wish them success, but I certainly wish them well.

mlbowl
December 6th, 2009, 09:56 AM
I don't think I've ever been this excited for a Montana game. I was at the game in 2000 and me and my pops hung out with one of their player's folks and showed them around Missoula. Absolutely some of the finest people I've ever met. Obviously I can't wish them success, but I certainly wish them well.

Hey tampa_griz...Welcome!...Where are you watching the game?

Vidav
December 6th, 2009, 10:01 AM
"True Dat"

Even though Armanti will never play at Kidd Brewer Stadium again, I am kind of glad to see him get to visit Washington Grizzley. Some of the best fans in FCS need to see him in person at least once.

Much respect, it's going to be a "barn burner".

Indeed. I am very excited to finally get Armanti and App State here in Missoula. This will be the only time many of us Montana fans get to see him play.

Should be a great game. xnodx

tampa_griz
December 6th, 2009, 10:10 AM
Hey tampa_griz...Welcome!...Where are you watching the game?

Not sure. I hang out The Venue quite a bit on Fridays (I actually live over in St. Petersburg) and while it's not really a sports bar, they have a couple of plasmas on the deck bar outside and since I spend about half my paycheck I know they'll dial one of them in for me.

http://www.thevenueclub.com/

mlbowl
December 6th, 2009, 10:16 AM
since I spend about half my paycheck I know they'll dial one of them in for me.

Lmao!...I have a bar like thatxnodx...I live on the other coast in Satellite Beach...I was just wondering if you'd be up for a road trip...I have all my friends here sporting Griz gearxnodx

trouthunter
December 6th, 2009, 04:45 PM
This is going to be a great game--two top programs. Hopefully travel into Missoula is easier than travel out of Montana that there are lots of ASU fans to enjoy the spoils of Montana.

Silenoz
December 6th, 2009, 04:50 PM
Dammit, 6 days away still xbawlingx

Should be a battle, but I also went with my own team. Offense is rolling (91 unanswered points), defense is playing well. Here's hoping Mariani has yet another huge game. No one, this year or last, has been able to stop him when we needed him.

ASUG8
December 6th, 2009, 04:51 PM
This is going to be a great game--two top programs. Hopefully travel into Missoula is easier than travel out of Montana that there are lots of ASU fans to enjoy the spoils of Montana.

I priced tickets out of three airports today and fares range from $800-$1200 with two stops xeekx I'd love to see a strong ASU prescence for the game, but given that the fanbase is mostly located within a couple of hundred miles of Charlotte, I'd be surprised if we travel very well to UM. I hope I'm wrong.

Rekdiver
December 6th, 2009, 05:11 PM
Saving my money for Chatty.........

trouthunter
December 6th, 2009, 05:56 PM
I priced tickets out of three airports today and fares range from $800-$1200 with two stops xeekx I'd love to see a strong ASU prescence for the game, but given that the fanbase is mostly located within a couple of hundred miles of Charlotte, I'd be surprised if we travel very well to UM. I hope I'm wrong.

Oh, I hope that the charters are a little more reasonable.

AppStateold299
December 6th, 2009, 05:58 PM
There is no doubt who I voted for in the poll. This being said it is going to be a really close game. I am just hoping for the team that almost got beat by Idaho State on Saturday to show up and not the team that played last weekend. I know that you guys will bring everything that you have. We have all been dreaming of this matchup for a very long time, and we finally get our wishes. I just hope that we come out on top and Armanti dawns his SUPERMAN cape for 2 more victories.

Aho_Old_Guy
December 6th, 2009, 06:11 PM

$552 + $46 taxes & fees = $598
Depart Greensboro/High Point: 5:35am
Arrive Spokane, WA: 1:24pm their time
(thru Charlotte & Phoenix)

2 Plane Changes --- 2 1/2 hours of layover (i.e., airport drinking time)

You have the added benefit of evaluating everything Use-Less Airways flies xlolx

Reign of Terrier
December 6th, 2009, 08:07 PM
nothing personal App fans, I just like Montana more; if you win I'll pick you next week

caribbeanhen
December 6th, 2009, 09:24 PM

xthumbsupx this might be your ticket right here

caribbeanhen
December 6th, 2009, 09:27 PM
Saving my money for Chatty.........

bad investment for an ASU fan as you will be watching Montana vs a CAA team, just get on out to Griz country

griz&beer
December 6th, 2009, 09:31 PM

not that im saying they will, but if the griz do prevail.....ill be pulling for them hard to take down the CAA, no doubt!

and i will do the same.

89Hen
December 7th, 2009, 09:00 AM
No doubt!

Just remember, the rebels only win in the movies. xsmiley_wix

89Hen
December 7th, 2009, 09:01 AM
I had Montana vs Villanova in the finals from the get go, so no reason to change now. xpeacex

Black and Gold Express
December 7th, 2009, 09:04 AM
No doubt!

I agree with you on all counts here.

UncleSam
December 7th, 2009, 09:06 AM
It's hard to get a read on Montana, no impressive regular season wins and South Dakota St and SFA are a long way from ASU. The game is at Montana, a tough place to win, if it were at Boone I'd definiately go with ASU, but I know ASU is a very good team and I suspect that Montana may be a very good team. So I'll go with the known over the suspect. ASU vs Nova in the finals.

FCS_pwns_FBS
December 7th, 2009, 09:07 AM
It's amazing how many App. fans there are on this board....there was a time when it seemed like Black And Gold Express was the only App. fan that posted on IAA boards.

Black and Gold Express
December 7th, 2009, 09:16 AM
It's amazing how many App. fans there are on this board....there was a time when it seemed like Black And Gold Express was the only App. fan that posted on IAA boards.

you mean, back before I got a life? xsmiley_wix
Having two kids definitely decreases the amount of time one spends on a message board, for sure.

james_lawfirm
December 7th, 2009, 09:17 AM
I'll be traveling to Montana with my 2 sons. Cannot wait. Not sure how much work I will get done this week.

I predict App wins. But, if not, then I will pull for Montana in Chatty.

BTW, due to hotel reservation rules in Chatty, I already have "no refund" reservations in Chatty (plus tickets). So, I'll be there, regardless. I just hope my team is there with me.

If not, Montana fans, can I borrow yours?

FCS_pwns_FBS
December 7th, 2009, 09:27 AM
you mean, back before I got a life? xsmiley_wix
Having two kids definitely decreases the amount of time one spends on a message board, for sure.

What I meant was, you were representing ASU on the interwebs before it was cool to do so and not many other people were...has nothing to do wit who has or doesn't "have a life". xpeacex

Black and Gold Express
December 7th, 2009, 09:34 AM
What I meant was, you were representing ASU on the interwebs before it was cool to do so and not many other people were...has nothing to do wit who has or doesn't "have a life". xpeacex

Naw, it just means I'm an older geek instead of a younger geek! xlolx

Grizo406
December 7th, 2009, 04:58 PM
I'll be traveling to Montana with my 2 sons. Cannot wait. Not sure how much work I will get done this week.

I predict App wins. But, if not, then I will pull for Montana in Chatty.

BTW, due to hotel reservation rules in Chatty, I already have "no refund" reservations in Chatty (plus tickets). So, I'll be there, regardless. I just hope my team is there with me.

If not, Montana fans, can I borrow yours?

Glad you guys are comin' out West! You'll have a GREAT time!

Dress warm, and safe travels!xthumbsupx

james_lawfirm
December 7th, 2009, 05:21 PM
Glad you guys are comin' out West! You'll have a GREAT time!

Dress warm, and safe travels!xthumbsupx

Thanks. I cannot wait! Is it Friday yet?

fltheadgriz
December 7th, 2009, 06:12 PM
Dress very warm.
It got up to a balmy 10 degrees today.

grizzpaw
December 7th, 2009, 06:31 PM
they are saying it can get to -20 to -40 the next couple of nights! dress real warm and in layers!

AshevilleApp
December 7th, 2009, 06:37 PM
Dress very warm.

Love Griz fans talking about cold weather like App is in Key West......we may never get to the temps of Missoula but if you've ever been up in the Blue Ridge it gets mighty windy with sub zero wind chills

fltheadgriz
December 7th, 2009, 06:55 PM
No not saying that Asheville App, saying we are having winter storm warnings for people not to go outside for extended periods of time unless in emergency situations for the next couple of days.
Just saying to dress very warm.
When they state around here that there are winter advisory warnings we take them very seriously around here.
Try to take care of each other around here when these type of cold streaks happen.
Not saying that our coldness is worse than your coldness

KiddBrewer
December 7th, 2009, 06:58 PM
No not saying that Asheville App, saying we are having winter storm warnings for people not to go outside for extended periods of time unless in emergency situations for the next couple of days.
Just saying to dress very warm.
When they state around here that there are winter advisory warnings we take them very seriously around here.
Try to take care of each other around here when these type of cold streaks happen.
Not saying that our coldness is worse than your coldness

xthumbsupx

theres no doubt yalls "coldness" is worse than ours. no doubt. but the cold wont kill our team like it would other east coast teams, i think thats what the other guy was saying

Skjellyfetti
December 7th, 2009, 07:00 PM
saying we are having winter storm warnings for people not to go outside for extended periods of time unless in emergency situations for the next couple of days.

It's supposed to be in the 20's on Saturday. We'll be ok.

fltheadgriz
December 7th, 2009, 07:01 PM
No, I don't think the coldness will be a factor like it was when the Grizz played SFA.
I am more concerned that those that come to see this dress very warm.
Some bad coldness is here and there is speculation it will stay through Friday and then start warming up to around 20 above.
Concerned about the game but more concerned about people's safety that will be at the game.
That is all

griz8791
December 7th, 2009, 07:04 PM
Asheville, only dopes think it doesn't get cold in your part of the world. I think what the last couple of posters have been suggesting is it's really freaking cold here right now by anybody's standards.

fltheadgriz
December 7th, 2009, 07:07 PM
To put in perspective when I went to work this morning it is -2 degrees with a windchill factor of making it -15
Pretty cold and had to bundle up alot.
So just dress warm.
You can always take clothes off if you are too warm.

KiddBrewer
December 7th, 2009, 07:07 PM
50/50 after 166 votes.....nice!

Skjellyfetti
December 7th, 2009, 07:17 PM
App takes the lead 84-83 after a clutch drive engineered by Armanti Edwards.

phoenix3
December 7th, 2009, 08:17 PM
I'll be pulling for App, but I think it will be very hard to get over the travel and play in possibly the first overwhelmingly hostile crowd they've faced this year.

Grizaholic17
December 7th, 2009, 08:36 PM
I'll be pulling for App, but I think it will be very hard to get over the travel and play in possibly the first overwhelmingly hostile crowd they've faced this year.

A bit of an understatement, don't you think :p

Saint3333
December 7th, 2009, 09:30 PM

This is ridiclous...

You guys must have the memory of 3 month old. ASU played ECU in front of twice the number of fans as they'll see on Saturday.

I can agree with the travel though.

100%GRIZ
December 7th, 2009, 10:01 PM
Speaking of layers - Here is my ritual - long johns, t-shirt, long sleeve shirt, sweater, sweatshirt, larger sweatshirt, down coat, Griz pullover wind breaker. Then we sit on microwavable lava bun seats, have feet warmers. The only thing that got cold was my neck.

Hope everyone traveling out west has a safe trip!!! Definately The Game of the Decade!!!

Rekdiver
December 7th, 2009, 10:04 PM
I doubt anyone would be showing up in short confusing Montana with south Florida. We will bring our mittens and shawls because we can read and do check the weather forecasts...... and we do know it hurts to breathe when the temp gets below 20. Never thought I have to put my beer in a cooler to keep it warm for a tailgate though.

uofmman1122
December 7th, 2009, 10:05 PM
This is ridiclous...

You guys must have the memory of 3 month old. ASU played ECU in front of twice the number of fans as they'll see on Saturday.

I can agree with the travel though.The number of fans means nothing. Our 25,000 fans are as loud or louder than most other 60,000 fan stadiums when we're really rockin'.

I'm not saying that means we're going to roll to victory, but this will be the most hostile crowd ASU has faced this year. You might not agree, but I can guarantee you that Jerry Moore thinks otherwise, and will prepare his team as such.

Cincy App
December 7th, 2009, 10:08 PM
ASU played ECU in front of twice the number of fans as they'll see on Saturday.

I've been to ASU games at Greenville, NC and Missoula. Wash-Griz is a little louder. Maybe since the field has been lowered and is surrounded by a bowl. Can't really explain. Still won't be louder than Ann Arbor. Noise will be a factor but we'll be OK.

Are you making the trip?

theasushow
December 7th, 2009, 10:50 PM
I've been to ASU games at Greenville, NC and Missoula. Wash-Griz is a little louder. Maybe since the field has been lowered and is surrounded by a bowl. Can't really explain. Still won't be louder than Ann Arbor. Noise will be a factor but we'll be OK.

Are you making the trip?

some kid on other thread wrote some long drawn out post that michigan stadium isnt loud and playing there in front of 110,000 wont come close to playing the 25,000 at washington-griz.

Native
December 7th, 2009, 10:52 PM
Just remember, the rebels only win in the movies. xsmiley_wix

They did pretty good in 1776, Hen. xnodx

Native
December 7th, 2009, 10:54 PM
some kid on other thread wrote some long drawn out post that michigan stadium isnt loud and playing there in front of 110,000 wont come close to playing the 25,000 at washington-griz.

Yup. What a waste of words. Griz win by ten, stadium or not.

gbhmt
December 7th, 2009, 10:56 PM

Go ahead and talk your completely empty crap. Go to a Big Ten school and see it for yourself and then you can act like you know anything about it.

GunsAndGuitars
December 7th, 2009, 11:01 PM
They did pretty good in 1776, Hen. xnodx

I thought it was only ASU fans that hated Delaware/CAA fans until I found this site.

That being said, I know it's not the NBA, but first one to 100 wins. I'm going with AE and Co.

Native
December 7th, 2009, 11:09 PM
Go ahead and talk your completely empty crap. Go to a Big Ten school and see it for yourself and then you can act like you know anything about it.

Aw, gee, Brother Bear, I am not an ASU fan, but they DID play at Michigan.

Let 'em crow a little. It will all be over in a few days.

gbhmt
December 7th, 2009, 11:10 PM

I know but it's just not all it's hyped up to be. Tamest, quietest 100k people you'll ever see. I've seen it and so has everyone else around here. There's a reason that everyone in this region calls it "The Quiet House."

And when I said go there yourself I meant him personally, not his team.

theasushow
December 7th, 2009, 11:14 PM

I realize montana has a great home atmosphere along with great fans and a really loud stadium....i will readily admit all that. But I think saying washington grizz is louder than a big 10 stadium is a bit too far.

GunsAndGuitars
December 7th, 2009, 11:27 PM
Please...this argument is in multiple threads and is pointless as no Grizz fan will believe the stadium isn't the loudest ever and no 'Neer is going to believe it is.

gbhmt
December 7th, 2009, 11:29 PM
I realize montana has a great home atmosphere along with great fans and a really loud stadium....i will readily admit all that. But I think saying washington grizz is louder than a big 10 stadium is a bit too far.

I've sat in a Big Ten stadium every other Saturday all fall semester, so I will once again tell you. Yes, Washington-Griz is louder. Period.

theasushow
December 7th, 2009, 11:31 PM
Please...this argument is in multiple threads and is pointless as no Grizz fan will believe the stadium isn't the loudest ever and no 'Neer is going to believe it is.

true dat....i dont think I have ever seen so much talk about crowd noise. anything can happen, I have been to a couple games at Cameron Indoor and after leaving that place you have problems hearing for days. and yet duke still looses home games on occasion!

B&G
December 7th, 2009, 11:31 PM
I know but it's just not all it's hyped up to be. Tamest, quietest 100k people you'll ever see. I've seen it and so has everyone else around here. There's a reason that everyone in this region calls it "The Quiet House."

And when I said go there yourself I meant him personally, not his team.

I haven't been to wa/griz... but I have been to Ann Arbor and I have to agree that it was pretty quiet in there. Although when something big happened such as the big Mike Hart run, then it is tough to match the sheer volume of 100k. However they were overall a pretty serene group.

theasushow
December 7th, 2009, 11:35 PM
I've sat in a Big Ten stadium every other Saturday all fall semester, so I will once again tell you. Yes, Washington-Griz is louder. Period.

well since you said "period" then i guess that makes it official, washington griz is the loudest football stadium not only in the fcs, but the bcs, the country, the continent, the planet. any argument that might suggest otherwise is absurd and irrelevant. why? because this guy says so. period.

GreatAppSt
December 7th, 2009, 11:36 PM
Montana is toast!xsmiley_wix

gbhmt
December 7th, 2009, 11:39 PM
well since you said "period" then i guess that makes it official, washington griz is the loudest football stadium not only in the fcs, but the bcs, the country, the continent, the planet. any argument that might suggest otherwise is absurd and irrelevant. why? because this guy says so. period.

Just louder than the ones I've been in. The Big House is known for lots of things, but loudness is not one of them. And if you'd actually watched the playoff games in past years broadcast on ESPN, you'd know that every announcer lauds the noise level and says the biggest FBS stadiums they've been in can't match up. Don't know how to break it to you. :(

theasushow
December 7th, 2009, 11:43 PM
Just louder than the ones I've been in. The Big House is known for lots of things, but loudness is not one of them. And if you'd actually watched the playoff games in past years broadcast on ESPN, you know that every announcer lauds the noise level and says the biggest FBS stadiums they've been in can't match up. Don't know how to break it to you. :(

I watch, and you're right, they do compliment fcs stadiums.

gbhmt
December 7th, 2009, 11:50 PM
My guess: A lot of FBS teams just draw so many bandwagon fans that just sit and silently watch the whole game. Also it seems that a lot of the FCS stadiums are just built in a manner that keeps the sound in.

theasushow
December 7th, 2009, 11:54 PM
My guess: A lot of FBS teams just draw so many bandwagon fans that just sit and silently watch the whole game. Also it seems that a lot of the FCS stadiums are just built in a manner that keeps the sound in.

that manner being a lot smaller lol. i would assume wash-grizz is a little louder than kbs. it has seats in the endzone which echos the crowd noise, kbs doesnt have that so its harder to trap the noise.

Grizaholic17
December 7th, 2009, 11:55 PM

If you watched the UMass game on ESPN, you would actually agree with yourself here. xcoffeex

gbhmt
December 7th, 2009, 11:56 PM
that manner being a lot smaller lol. i would assume wash-grizz is a little louder than kbs. it has seats in the endzone which echos the crowd noise, kbs doesnt have that so its harder to trap the noise.

The announcers for the SFA game also mentioned the mountain being there to deflect the sound back. Not so sure if I buy that, but our latest expansion also seems to trap the noise inside. Another thing the announcers for SFA mentioned was that the stands are very very close to the sidelines. Not much room from the line to the wall at all.

GrizFanStuckInUtah
December 7th, 2009, 11:57 PM

Drives me crazy going to some of the games down here in Utah. I watched Boise and Oregon play on opening day, but I was up pretty high. It was loud, louder than most games around here. Oregon St at Utah was a crazy one last year, plenty loud towards the end but the 10K fans filing out thinking Utah had lost should have kept yelling instead of trying to beat traffic. xnonono2x I don't know what it is about the big stadiums, the crowds just seem to be a bit more mellow even with all the people. xtwocentsx

theasushow
December 7th, 2009, 11:57 PM
If you watched the UMass game on ESPN, you would actually agree with yourself here. xcoffeex

to be honest i did watch that game, and do remember it being really loud. montana shoulda won that game btw.

Grizaholic17
December 8th, 2009, 12:00 AM
to be honest i did watch that game, and do remember it being really loud. montana shoulda won that game btw.

It's pish posh now. UMass played their cards right that night.

This game on Saturday has me worried, excited, frantic, horrified, happy, and ecstatic all at the same time. I hope my Griz win this game and I believe we have the chance. But I know of Appy's abilities and will gladly applaud them off the field if they beat us!

grizband
December 8th, 2009, 12:02 AM
We couldn't stop the Massachusetts running attack the entire game. That game, though, ranks among the 5 best atmospheres I have ever witnessed in Washington Grizzly stadium.

theasushow
December 8th, 2009, 12:03 AM
It's pish posh now. UMass played their cards right that night.

This game on Saturday has me worried, excited, frantic, horrified, happy, and ecstatic all at the same time. I hope my Griz win this game and I believe we have the chance. But I know of Appy's abilities and will gladly applaud them off the field if they beat us!

the feeling is mutual.
who is playing in the other semi-final?

GolfingGriz
December 8th, 2009, 12:08 AM
the feeling is mutual.
who is playing in the other semi-final?

The loser in the chipper

Grizaholic17
December 8th, 2009, 03:11 AM
the game we should have won was the wofford game. we lost when our all American kicker (starter for miami dolpfins) missed an easy fg very late in the game. i remember umass kicking our ass, but we fought back into the game. we had one last drive late in the 4th only to have our transfer qb (wont mention name) throw a pick to end it.

Let's not talk about that! haha

ThompsonThe
December 8th, 2009, 05:00 AM
Dress very warm.

Alright - a heat wave.

JMU2K_DukeDawg
December 8th, 2009, 06:53 AM
I want to go to this game soooooooo bad but I am a poor recent grad. I may start hitchhiking toward Montana in the morning.

Dude, pay up and go. You'll always be able to make money. You won't always have these opportunities. My two cents xpeacex

appmaj
December 8th, 2009, 06:59 AM
Is the game going to be in HD?

uofmman1122
December 8th, 2009, 07:41 AM
Is the game going to be in HD?It's on ESPN, so I imagine so.

GOKATS
December 8th, 2009, 07:51 AM
Is the game going to be in HD?

It may change, but looking at the DirecTV guide it won't be in HD.

Rekdiver
December 8th, 2009, 07:54 AM
The only noise that will surprise you will be Devon Moore, Tavaris Cadet, Armanti Edwards Devin Radford and Brian Quick breaking the sound barrier as they spped by Griz..........xeekx

AppAlum2003
December 8th, 2009, 08:04 AM
This one's not even close... Grizzlies by 24.

The entire ASU OL came down with malaria and coach Moore got arrested for tax evasion and won't make the trip to Missoula. Congrats Griz!

(yup.... still sandbaggin')

Black and Gold Express
December 8th, 2009, 08:19 AM
This is ridiclous...

I can agree with the travel though.

Yeah but didn't you know Montana's stadium is the loudest stadium in America? xlolx

Rekdiver
December 8th, 2009, 08:21 AM
Interesting all I'm hearing about is cold weather and loud noise....nothing about the players.........we will be cold and we will be mad that we are cold......and that is bad for the Griz.......... I was watching one of your 300lb linemen trail a play and it looked like slow motion.........

caribbeanhen
December 8th, 2009, 08:24 AM
I haven't been to wa/griz... but I have been to Ann Arbor and I have to agree that it was pretty quiet in there. Although when something big happened such as the big Mike Hart run, then it is tough to match the sheer volume of 100k. However they were overall a pretty serene group.
xnodx

it's the economy

GunsAndGuitars
December 8th, 2009, 09:54 AM
xnodx

it's the economy

So you're saying if they can't build cars in Michigan they can't afford enough booze to get loud?

jmufan999
December 8th, 2009, 10:12 AM
the bad thing (for me) is that one of these teams will play for a national title.

the good thing is at least i'll be able to root against whoever wins this game (giving me more of a reason to watch).

kinda like how i root for the lakers to stay in the playoffs as long as possible.... the longer they stay in, the more i care (because i'm rooting against them. really, it's just whatever team Kobe is playing for, but i digress).

jmufan999
December 8th, 2009, 10:15 AM
oh, and i picked montana to win. pretty much just because i want them to win, not because i necessarily think they will. but i think Villanova (if they beat W&M, which i believe they will, even though i'm rooting for the Tribe) will have a tougher time with App State than with Montana. App State may be able to match the speed of Nova, whereas Montana (unless something has DRASTICALLY changed from last year, on both sides of the ball) will probably not (this Nova team is WITHOUT QUESTION faster than last year's Richmond team. not saying they're necessarily better, but i think the matchup would be difficult for the Griz to handle).

GreatAppSt
December 8th, 2009, 07:32 PM
BTW I just wanted to interject that at least 24,000 fans at UMST's Wa/Griz stadium will not be cold because Montana's toast.xnodx

appstate38
December 8th, 2009, 07:48 PM
Give me the Apps or give me death!

45-31

caribbeanhen
December 8th, 2009, 07:53 PM
So you're saying if they can't build cars in Michigan they can't afford enough booze to get loud?

that could be it, you know times are tough when you cant even give your house awayxnonoxxnonox no thanks

GunsAndGuitars
December 8th, 2009, 08:04 PM
that could be it, you know times are tough when you cant even give your house awayxnonoxxnonox no thanks

This is true.

AppAlum96
December 8th, 2009, 08:08 PM
What? I can't hear you over the crowd noise.

GunsAndGuitars
December 8th, 2009, 08:12 PM
What? I can't hear you over the crowd noise.

I SAID...........xrotatehx

Grrrrriz
December 8th, 2009, 08:38 PM
Does it make any of you Mountaineers fans angry that Armanti is going to have his last game in Missoula?xthumbsupx

GunsAndGuitars
December 8th, 2009, 08:40 PM
Does it make any of you Mountaineers fans angry that Armanti is going to have his last game in Missoula?xthumbsupx

It's ok, Travaris can handle the NC pressure in 'Nooga. Somehow I don't think the Grizz will beat AE up THAT badly though.

Grizo406
December 8th, 2009, 09:05 PM
BTW I just wanted to interject that at least 24,000 fans at UMST's Wa/Griz stadium will not be cold because Montana's toast.xnodx

Understand, and don't disagree with just about everything in your post except the the "UMST" reference...what does that mean?

HLNgriz
December 8th, 2009, 09:23 PM
The chipper is UM vs Bill and Mary.

Griz 41
App 38

I sure hope it warms up this weekend, it is freaking cold. Walked to work this morning -20 below!

Grrrrriz
December 9th, 2009, 02:09 AM
It's ok, Travaris can handle the NC pressure in 'Nooga. Somehow I don't think the Grizz will beat AE up THAT badly though.

I am sorry, I should have quantified that comment. I didn't mean we were going to end his career, I just meant he will be playing his last college game in Missoula.

Achilles Return
December 9th, 2009, 03:54 AM
Pulling for montana.

Mountaineer#96
December 9th, 2009, 05:52 AM
Pulling for montana.

Must have got the "Mountaineer Blues" again down there eh? xlolxxlolx

Most of your brothers are staying SoCon.......I know I would for you guys.

Achilles Return
December 9th, 2009, 07:40 AM
Must have got the "Mountaineer Blues" again down there eh? xlolxxlolx

Most of your brothers are staying SoCon.......I know I would for you guys.

Unfortunately, after the past two years, I don't think I could ever root for ASU. The more you guys lose, the better I feel. xthumbsupx

proasu89
December 9th, 2009, 07:48 AM
Unfortunately, after the past two years, I don't think I could ever root for ASU. The more you guys lose, the better I feel. xthumbsupx

You must be feelin pretty low then brother. xlolx Things will turn around down your way soon and then you won't have to hinge your happiness on someone elses miseryxthumbsupx

Achilles Return
December 9th, 2009, 07:58 AM
Yep, that's what we're all hoping.

phillyAPP
December 9th, 2009, 08:23 AM
Yep, that's what we're all hoping.

You are the perfect example of " the stupidity of youth".

And you are wrong, most GSU fans hope APP wins and most APP fans hope GSU fires their AD and gets back into the SoCon football picture.

Thank God you don't represent the majority of GSU fans that understand from experience what winning with respect is like.

Merry Christmas and see you in Chattanooga xsmiley_wix

Grrrrriz
December 9th, 2009, 10:00 AM

And you are wrong, most GSU fans hope APP wins and most APP fans hope GSU fires their AD and gets back into the SoCon football picture.

Thank God you don't represent the majority of GSU fans that understand from experience what winning with respect is like.

You App fans can't really stand someone not liking your team. Get used to it, no reason to get your feelings hurt about it, that is what comes with success. GSU is your rival, if it was a lovefest there would be no rivalry.

GunsAndGuitars
December 9th, 2009, 10:04 AM
I am sorry, I should have quantified that comment. I didn't mean we were going to end his career, I just meant he will be playing his last college game in Missoula.

I understood what you were saying before. I have a gut feeling he'll be back though.

Rekdiver
December 9th, 2009, 10:10 AM
You App fans can't really stand someone not liking your team. Get used to it, no reason to get your feelings hurt about it, that is what comes with success. GSU is your rival, if it was a lovefest there would be no rivalry.

Uh yeah, I think that you folks at UM understand what its like not to be liked. I frankly don't care either way............

Grrrrriz
December 9th, 2009, 11:25 AM
Uh yeah, I think that you folks at UM understand what its like not to be liked. I frankly don't care either way............

I think there is at least one point every season where the Griz become the most hated team in the land, if just for a week or two. This year it was the Kaimin debacle.

GrizFanStuckInUtah
December 9th, 2009, 11:30 AM
If they aren't hating on you, you aren't doing something right! xcoffeexxsmiley_wix

GrizFanStuckInUtah
December 9th, 2009, 11:38 AM
Just read this in an article.

Linebacker Jacque Roman said: "They're a good fundamental team, maybe not the greatest athletes, but they get the job done. They're big up front, but usually we can take advantage of big guys with our speed, and we have good speed from our defensive line to our back seven so we should be good on that."

http://www2.journalnow.com/content/2009/dec/09/mountaineers-ready-to-hit-road/sports-college/

It may or may not be true, but I know I'd put that up in the locker room if I were the Griz. Always nice to get a little more motivation for a big game like this. xnodx

Saint3333
December 9th, 2009, 11:50 AM
It is true that Montana's across the borad is bigger than ASU. It is also true that ASU's across the board is faster than Montana. You may be trying too hard to read into his statement.

Poker Alan
December 9th, 2009, 11:52 AM
It is true that Montana's across the borad is bigger than ASU. It is also true that ASU's across the board is faster than Montana. You may be trying too hard to read into his statement.

Teams can/do look for any extra motivation, and, that could be spun in that way ... just my xtwocentsx

100%GRIZ
December 9th, 2009, 11:54 AM

http://www2.journalnow.com/content/2009/dec/09/mountaineers-ready-to-hit-road/sports-college/

It may or may not be true, but I know I'd put that up in the locker room if I were the Griz. Always nice to get a little more motivation for a big game like this. xnodx

I Love the last line of the article - Roman said, If we don't get the w it's gonna be a long ride home!!!

Silenoz
December 9th, 2009, 11:58 AM
I think we've got more than enough speed from Sambrano and Mariani alone

GrizFanStuckInUtah
December 9th, 2009, 12:05 PM

I don't have a problem with it at all, but I've seen and heard of a lot of athletes using stuff like this to motivate themselves.

SpeedkingATL
December 9th, 2009, 01:06 PM
Sorry to say I won't be making the trip from Atlanta to see the game. I checked on the price of the divorce and $300,000 was a little steep even for this great matchup.xbawlingx I will pay the $50 to go to Chatty no matter who wins....just hope it's the Mountaineers!

Grizaholic17
December 9th, 2009, 01:12 PM
I think we've got more than enough speed from Sambrano and Mariani alone

It's not so much the offense that should possess the speed, but more our defense. Our defense does lack some speed and size (especially in the secondary with Keith and Thompson) and this is what I am most concerned about. I hope we don't get burned every play, or it will be a long day. Who knows what to expect?

theasushow
December 9th, 2009, 01:19 PM
"They're a good fundamental team, maybe not the greatest athletes, but they get the job done"

Considering what some players have to say regarding a upcoming opponent these days, I'm not so sure this is a a big deal. I dont think it is out of line at all, I mean he did compliment the Griz as well, and even acknowledged it would be a long trip back home if they lost lol.

Now if somebody says "i think we will win by 4 touchdowns" THAT is bb material.

gbhmt
December 9th, 2009, 01:47 PM
It's not so much the offense that should possess the speed, but more our defense. Our defense does lack some speed and size (especially in the secondary with Swink and Thompson) and this is what I am most concerned about. I hope we don't get burned every play, or it will be a long day. Who knows what to expect?

Fixed it for ya. xpeacex

GolfingGriz
December 9th, 2009, 02:05 PM
It's not so much the offense that should possess the speed, but more our defense. Our defense does lack some speed and size (especially in the secondary with Keith and Thompson) and this is what I am most concerned about. I hope we don't get burned every play, or it will be a long day. Who knows what to expect?

They will have some big plays. They are just too good of athletes to not get a couple 20 to 30 yarders if not longer. That being said, I hope our team will be enough to defeat their individuals.

srgrizizen
December 9th, 2009, 02:11 PM
I Love the last line of the article - Roman said, If we don't get the w it's gonna be a long ride home!!!

I checked with the UM geography department, and they're almost unanimous that the trip back to Boone will be the same length wheteher ASU wins or loses.xlolx

AppAlum2003
December 9th, 2009, 02:13 PM
I checked with the UM geography department, and they're almost unanimous that the trip back to Boone will be the same length wheteher ASU wins or loses.xlolx

I dunno, if another ASU player gets an Unsportsmanlike penalty, I'd be in favor of making him walk back home.

jedmis10
December 10th, 2009, 02:14 PM

APP :

HappyAppy13
December 10th, 2009, 02:15 PM
APP :

B-E-A-UTIFUL!!!xnodx

Rekdiver
December 10th, 2009, 02:19 PM

What did he say that isn't true? He's talking abot heart being bigger than biceps. I think that speaks volumes about respect...... and conficence, not arrogancee on his part. I sure wouldnt want my linebacker saying he was scared......

Bronco
December 10th, 2009, 02:26 PM
Where have I seen those App State hunters before...oh that's right

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_Q9OHLA5zjkU/SY4hgl4uCQI/AAAAAAAADOc/eCOz1xP4bnY/s320/deliverance.gif

Rekdiver
December 10th, 2009, 02:27 PM
Good picture of ya there Bronco....I like those white shorts.......

Grizaholic17
December 10th, 2009, 03:30 PM
What did he say that isn't true? He's talking abot heart being bigger than biceps. I think that speaks volumes about respect...... and conficence, not arrogancee on his part. I sure wouldnt want my linebacker saying he was scared......

If you read the forum you would know that he was implying that any sort of motivation is nice in the locker room. Even things that are known that give you a disadvantage and give you all the more reason to play even harder. xcoffeex

gbhmt
December 10th, 2009, 04:07 PM

No, he said we don't have top-level athletes. That's locker room potential.

GrizFanStuckInUtah
December 10th, 2009, 04:22 PM
I'll repost what I said before.....

I don't have a problem with what he said at all, I just think it could be locker room BB material. Some athletes just have the need to feel slighted and feel it gives them an edge. Michael Phelps, Michael Jordon, Kobe Bryant like to do that. They don't need it, I don't believe, but they do use it to motivate themselves. I was just pointing out that it could be used that way.

Aho_Old_Guy
December 10th, 2009, 04:44 PM
I'll repost what I said before.....

I don't have a problem with what he said at all, I just think it could be locker room BB material. Some athletes just have the need to feel slighted and feel it gives them an edge. Michael Phelps, Michael Jordon, Kobe Bryant like to do that. They don't need it, I don't believe, but they do use it to motivate themselves. I was just pointing out that it could be used that way.

What a crock.

uofmman1122
December 10th, 2009, 09:49 PM
What a crock.Why do you guys care so much about what might or might not be considered locker room BB material by the Montana players?

GreatAppSt
December 10th, 2009, 09:54 PM
Where have I seen those App State hunters before...oh that's right

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_Q9OHLA5zjkU/SY4hgl4uCQI/AAAAAAAADOc/eCOz1xP4bnY/s320/deliverance.gif Ahh, It's nice to see them beautiful Georgia Southern Boys are pitchin woo again, now that Monkens in townxnodx

HiHiYikas
December 10th, 2009, 10:02 PM
Why do you guys care so much about what might or might not be considered locker room BB material by the Montana players?
A Montana fan posts a quote by an ASU player. Eight or nine other Montana fans comment about it.

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and presume that by "you guys" you clearly mean both fan bases, right?

uofmman1122
December 10th, 2009, 10:09 PM
A Montana fan posts a quote by an ASU player. Eight or nine other Montana fans comment about it.

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and presume that by "you guys" you clearly mean both fan bases, right?Who cares if Montana fans think it might or might not be, either?

HiHiYikas
December 10th, 2009, 10:13 PM
Who cares if Montana fans think it might or might not be, either?
I figured that's what you were saying...

Who really cares about any of this stuff?

Grizaholic17
December 10th, 2009, 10:16 PM

Who really cares about any of this stuff?

Not me!

there's a maroon out tomorrow on campus...just to get me even more excited!

uofmman1122
December 10th, 2009, 10:21 PM

Who really cares about any of this stuff?Fact of the matter is, the Montana players don't need something like that get up for this game. Sure, it's knocking them, implying that ASU has more, better athletes, which may or may not be true, but praising their team as a whole.

Now, if Edwards came out saying "We're going to roll them over, and it won't be close," or Jerry Moore pulled an Andy Talley and said this game is a "Slam Dunk" for ASU, THAT would be BB material.

GrizFanStuckInUtah
December 10th, 2009, 10:33 PM
What a crock.

OK, fine. Did you hear it will be cold and loud? xsmiley_wix

Geeze....it was something other than the 600 other posts about noise and cold. I don't see how it's a crock and I could really care less about what he said, it's his opinion and I don't think it is anything bad.

Achilles Return
December 10th, 2009, 11:45 PM

For someone so keen on spotting "stupidity of the youth", you sure blanked yourself on that one. I was saying we're all hoping that "things turn around down there"; not that we're all hoping for ASU's misery - I wasn't pretending to speak for anyone other than myself when I hope Montana pummels them.

Please don't talk to me about respect after jumping the gun at me like that.

Aho_Old_Guy
December 11th, 2009, 07:32 AM
xlolx

I had a 'wall of text' typed out and lost it. xoopsx

It's a national semi with a trip to Chatty on the line --- if that ain't motivation enough I feel sorry for yahs.

(And I didn't realize that the manufacture of straw men was such a big industry in Montana.)

Here's to a well-played game free of injuries with minimal controversy!

fltheadgriz
December 11th, 2009, 07:36 AM
How is Montana the industry leader in the manufacture of straw men?
Please elaborate

GrizFanStuckInUtah
December 11th, 2009, 10:32 AM
Definately some BB material in this one. xnodx

http://www2.wataugademocrat.com/story/ASU_secondary_faces_another_test_id_001325

Skjellyfetti
December 11th, 2009, 10:38 AM
Y'all have been looking for BB material in every article on the game. Are you guys hurting for motivation? Intangibles your biggest strength (noise, weather, BB material)?

GrizFanStuckInUtah
December 11th, 2009, 10:41 AM
Y'all have been looking for BB material in every article on the game. Are you guys hurting for motivation? Intangibles your biggest strength (noise, weather, BB material)?

You can't tell me that isn't a knock on Mariani and the team in that one. Besides, wth else are we supposed to do to occupy our time with before kick off?xreadx

back2back
December 11th, 2009, 10:43 AM

Question? I have been reading print from Missoula and Montana players. I know you have to play with confidence and it is good to have a short memory, but Montana gave up 48 in Round 1 and played a team that turned it over 10 teams in Round 2. It seems like they (the players) are expecting Saturday to be like Round 2? I beg to differ!

Rekdiver
December 11th, 2009, 10:44 AM
Weak material at best......When you've seen two early round NFL choices and one who broke Jerry Rice's receiving record I think its safe to say you've seen the best.
Doesn't mean mariani is not great and the ASU players give credit for the technical superiority of UM receivers.

Short of talking about someone's mama, nothing is goingto get either side pumped up. In fact I think UM expects to blow ASU out while ASU is expecting a knife fight..........

SideLine Shooter
December 11th, 2009, 10:46 AM
Weak material at best......When you've seen two early round NFL choices and one who broke Jerry Rice's receiving record I think its safe to say you've seen the best.
Doesn't mean mariani is not great and the ASU players give credit for the technical superiority of UM receivers.

Short of talking about someone's mama, nothing is goingto get either side pumped up. In fact I think UM expects to blow ASU out while ASU is expecting a knife fight..........

I hope the Apps don't bring a knife to a gun fight.

Skjellyfetti
December 11th, 2009, 10:48 AM
You can't tell me that isn't a knock on Mariani and the team in that one. Besides, wth else are we supposed to do to occupy our time with before kick off?xreadx

IT'S TRUE. Hudgins and Roberts are better receivers than Mariani. Mariani is very good though (and Cortez acknowledges as much)... but Cortez has faced two of the best receivers in FCS already and did a damn fine job against them. xnodx If y'all want to take it as disrespect... go ahead. Seems like grasping at straws to me.

Poker Alan
December 11th, 2009, 11:01 AM
I really don't think anyone in Griz Nation expects to blow out App St.

paul1978
December 11th, 2009, 11:06 AM
The only way the Griz can blow out App St is if App St falls apart and that's not going to happen. It's going to be a close game.

Silenoz
December 11th, 2009, 11:06 AM
In fact I think UM expects to blow ASU out while ASU is expecting a knife fight..........
Not sure where you're getting that from, because as far as fans go it seems to me to be the other way around.

GrizFanStuckInUtah
December 11th, 2009, 11:09 AM
IT'S TRUE. Hudgins and Roberts are better receivers than Mariani. Mariani is very good though (and Cortez acknowledges as much)... but Cortez has faced two of the best receivers in FCS already and did a damn fine job against them. xnodx If y'all want to take it as disrespect... go ahead. Seems like grasping at straws to me.

Other than that, nobody is really special
I don't see why that wouldn't make someone on the opposing team mad. xreadx

Full quote for the full context BTW.

"They have one good receiver who stands out," All-American safety Mark LeGree said. "Other than that, nobody is really special. They're just very disciplined and they run good routes. Elon has more talented receivers, but discipline overpowers talent sometimes."

Skjellyfetti
December 11th, 2009, 11:25 AM
I don't see why that wouldn't make someone on the opposing team mad. xreadx

Full quote for the full context BTW.

Montana receiving leaders:

1. Mark Mariani: 68 catches 1262 yards 12 touchdowns
2. Tyler Palmer: 35 catches 447 yards 4 touchdowns

That's a pretty big dropoff. Montana's receiving corps seems to be Mariani and everyone else. I think that's all he was saying.

GrizFanStuckInUtah
December 11th, 2009, 11:27 AM
Montana receiving leaders:

1. Mark Mariani: 68 catches 1262 yards 12 touchdowns
2. Tyler Palmer: 35 catches 447 yards 4 touchdowns

That's a pretty big dropoff. Montana's receiving corps seems to be Mariani and everyone else. I think that's all he was saying.

The tight ends can make you pay as well as Palmer. Good thing is, we get to find out Saturday. xthumbsupx I know I wouldn't want to give you guys any extra motivation. xnodx

putter
December 11th, 2009, 11:31 AM
"I think we've faced good receivers in Andre Roberts of The Citadel and Hudgins," ASU cornerback Cortez Gilbert said. "I think they're the two best receivers I've seen in I-AA. (Mariani) is a good receiver, but I think we've faced the best."
"They have one good receiver who stands out," All-American safety Mark LeGree said. "Other than that, nobody is really special. They're just very disciplined and they run good routes. Elon has more talented receivers, but discipline overpowers talent sometimes

Reading that article you would think that App expected to see a tape of Florida..xrolleyesx

Grrrrriz
December 11th, 2009, 11:56 AM
"I think we've faced good receivers in Andre Roberts of The Citadel and Hudgins," ASU cornerback Cortez Gilbert said. "I think they're the two best receivers I've seen in I-AA. (Mariani) is a good receiver, but I think we've faced the best."
"They have one good receiver who stands out," All-American safety Mark LeGree said. "Other than that, nobody is really special. They're just very disciplined and they run good routes. Elon has more talented receivers, but discipline overpowers talent sometimes

Reading that article you would think that App expected to see a tape of Florida..xrolleyesx

He obviously hasn't seen much game tape. What a ridiculous thing to say.

Grrrrriz
December 11th, 2009, 11:56 AM
I am happy they are underestimating us though. It seems to work out in our favor every time.

Ronbo
December 11th, 2009, 12:28 PM
I'm not sure there's that much of a speed difference unless it's in the lines. Our DE's are converted HS LB's and are 4.5-4.7 guys. Our LB's are converted HS Safeties and RB's and are 4.5-4.6 guys. We have a 4.48 Safety and a sub 4.5 Corner in Trumaine Johnson. One of our DE's ran a 11.0 100 meters in HS, he is a 4.5+ guy, the other starting DE, Severn Campbell is fast and is a 4.5 guy.

On Offense there's our receivers, Mariani ran a 4.38 in spring (Elec. timed) and Sambrano also ran a 4.38. Tyler Palmer was a 100 meter guy in HS and is a 4.5 guy at 6'3" 210 lbs. Chase Reynolds is a 4.5 guy and has great field vision. Our TE's are very athletic and have pretty good speed and good hands.

The Mountaineers probably have a faster O-Line and QB and maybe a couple DB's that are faster but that is probably it.

The Griz are dangerous because we platoon so much. Players stay fresh throughout the game. A fresh 4.6 guy is way faster in the 4th quarter than a gassed 4.4 guy.

Skjellyfetti
December 11th, 2009, 12:33 PM
The Griz are dangerous because we platoon so much. Players stay fresh throughout the game.

We do the same thing. I think we've very comparable in this regard. It seems like both teams are slow starters.... but really dominate teams in the 4th quarter.

The teams are VERY even and similar in about every comparable way. It should be a classic... and the way both teams play in the 4th quarter... it will be a game noone will ever forget. xnodx

Rekdiver
December 11th, 2009, 12:36 PM
Well, now you are faster than we are............bigger than we are.........louder than we are.......and its colder there........... I am hopeless now............I can't figure out how Richmond beat you last year............

ronpayne
December 11th, 2009, 12:37 PM
We do the same thing. I think we've very comparable in this regard. It seems like both teams are slow starters.... but really dominate teams in the 4th quarter.

The teams are VERY even and similar in about every comparable way. It should be a classic... and the way both teams play in the 4th quarter... it will be a game noone will ever forget. xnodx

And of course, I have a gig that starts for me at 5:15 PM EST, so the best part, I'll have to get via text msgs from the wife xoopsx xbawlingx

Ronbo
December 11th, 2009, 12:44 PM
Well, now you are faster than we are............bigger than we are.........louder than we are.......and its colder there........... I am hopeless now............I can't figure out how Richmond beat you last year............

Didn't say we were faster. But our speed gets underestimated by every team we play. SFA had all the same speed comments you guys have been touting. This might be the fastest Griz team since 1996.

Grizaholic17
December 11th, 2009, 12:47 PM

I was listening to the Jerry Moore teleconference and Fritz Neighbor here in Missoula asked about this. He said that App St isn't afraid to play freshmen and sophomores and to relieve tired players whenever possible. I have always thought this to be a great strategy.

Silenoz
December 11th, 2009, 12:58 PM

No, he was making a comment about how we're hearing a lot of talk about how UM has never seen ASU's speed, but that we're not that shabby in that department ourselves.

gbhmt
December 11th, 2009, 01:24 PM

Mariani is definitely a better receiver than Roberts, and you can't definitively say he's absolutely not as good as Hudgins. I would bet that his 40 time is just as low, and he's got a couple hundred yards less than Hudgins in almost half of the catches. If Mariani got as many looks as Hudgins, who knows what his stats would look like. xtwocentsx

uofmman1122
December 11th, 2009, 01:27 PM
Well, now you are faster than we are............bigger than we are.........louder than we are.......and its colder there........... I am hopeless now............I can't figure out how Richmond beat you last year............If you want Griz fans to shut up about that stuff, then you App fans need to shut up about it, too.

If we just ignore it, and stick to talking about stuff that matters, then we can rid ourselves of this stupid pissing contest.

Ronbo never said anything about Montana being faster than App. He's just saying we're not as slow as some people think.

Skjellyfetti
December 11th, 2009, 01:31 PM
Mariani is definitely a better receiver than Roberts, and you can't definitively say he's absolutely not as good as Hudgins. I would bet that his 40 time is just as low, and he's got a couple hundred yards less than Hudgins in almost half of the catches. If Mariani got as many looks as Hudgins, who knows what his stats would look like. xtwocentsx

Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man. ;)

Roberts and Hudgins are likely to get drafted... Mariani's not (and a lot of the rankings I've seen have Toone higher than Mariani). Mariani is good and a special athlete... and you can believe he's better than Hudgins or Roberts... you've seen Mariani play a lot more than me... and I'm sure I've seen more of Roberts and Hudgins than you. Just my opinion that Roberts and Hudgins are better.

gbhmt
December 11th, 2009, 01:32 PM
Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man. ;)

Roberts and Hudgins are likely to get drafted... Mariani's not (and a lot of the rankings I've seen have Toone higher than Mariani). Mariani is good and a special athlete... and you can believe he's better than Hudgins or Roberts... you've seen Mariani play a lot more than me... and I'm sure I've seen more of Roberts and Hudgins than you. Just my opinion that Roberts and Hudgins are better.

Fair enough. xthumbsupx

Aho_Old_Guy
December 11th, 2009, 01:41 PM
I was listening to the Jerry Moore teleconference and Fritz Neighbor here in Missoula asked about this. He said that App St isn't afraid to play freshmen and sophomores and to relieve tired players whenever possible. I have always thought this to be a great strategy.

As long as they are not 'pretty (http://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/college-football/story/1117339.html)' xlolx

Coach Moore on running back Devon Moore: "He's always been a very consistent back," coach Jerry Moore said. "For us, a back has to run and catch and block and we have some pretty backs who don't play because they can't do all those things."

GrizFanStuckInUtah
December 11th, 2009, 01:51 PM
As long as they are not 'pretty (http://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/college-football/story/1117339.html)' xlolx

lol