PDA

View Full Version : Is it me? AE

UNHFan
December 5th, 2009, 07:18 PM
I am rooting for Richmond... but I keep rooting for Amanti Edwards!!! This is a hard game to watch. I want a CAA win but Aramnti is so hard not to root for. Anyone else feel like this?

Squealofthepig
December 5th, 2009, 07:22 PM
I'll agree - he's a hard guy not to like. I really don't know who I'm cheering for - it's just watching game tape for next week, really. :) And thankfully, a competitive game.

Ward too has been pretty impressive tonight too so far; doesn't have the following AE does, but he very quietly has put together a monster career too.

UNHFan
December 5th, 2009, 07:27 PM
I'll agree - he's a hard guy not to like. I really don't know who I'm cheering for - it's just watching game tape for next week, really. :) And thankfully, a competitive game.

Ward too has been pretty impressive tonight too so far; doesn't have the following AE does, but he very quietly has put together a monster career too.

I know huh... I am losing my CAA Banner and rooting for App... what he and App State have done for FCS is just amazing. And he is such a class act also. Here we go App here we go!!xlolx

GoneTribal
December 5th, 2009, 07:48 PM
I don't know if I am losing the CAA banner, but I like AE a lot. Win or lose, I hope he has a great game.

UNHFan
December 5th, 2009, 07:55 PM
I don't know if I am losing the CAA banner, but I like AE a lot. Win or lose, I hope he has a great game.

Oh sure!!! Thats soooo easy for you!! xlolx

You won!! I kid Go Tribe I really am rooting for you guys. Great Win!

Uncle Buck
December 5th, 2009, 07:55 PM
He is definitely an unbelievable athlete, that is without question. So damn quick.

UNHFan
December 5th, 2009, 07:56 PM
Take it from wounded CAA north Division on the field and off!! Come on ya gotta laugh!

ASU_Fanatic
December 5th, 2009, 07:58 PM
I love Mophead.

GoneTribal
December 5th, 2009, 07:59 PM
Oh sure!!! Thats soooo easy for you!! xlolx

You won!! I kid Go Tribe I really am rooting for you guys. Great Win!

lol, to be honest, I would love nothing more than to get revenge against Richmond in the NC. But we're a long way from that. xlolx

tribe_pride
December 5th, 2009, 08:11 PM
lol, to be honest, I would love nothing more than to get revenge against Richmond in the NC. But we're a long way from that. xlolx

Hopefully we get to avenge both losses.

appmaj
December 5th, 2009, 10:00 PM
AE!

AppStsGr8
December 5th, 2009, 11:17 PM
Watching AE play the last four years has been a real treat! He's a class act and has become a great leader as well. His leadership will be sorely missed next season. Gems like AE don't come along too often.

PhoenixMan
December 6th, 2009, 12:13 AM
I am rooting for Richmond... but I keep rooting for Amanti Edwards!!! This is a hard game to watch. I want a CAA win but Aramnti is so hard not to root for. Anyone else feel like this?

Not just you. I had it on pay perview. Pulling like hell for Richmond, then when ASU gets the ball back I find myself wanting AE to make plays and score. Hard not to pull for that guy!

MorgantonAPPAlum
December 6th, 2009, 01:11 AM
Just a note: with his performance tonight AE went over 10,000 career passing yards (to go with 4300 some rushing yards).

Secondary to the win, of course. But still a nice accomplishment.

JMU2K_DukeDawg
December 6th, 2009, 01:53 AM
Ha, funny. The opposite happened with me. On the CAAZone I predicted an App St. win (in fact, I have them winning it all), but all my JMU brethren felt otherwise that App St. couldn't match the physicality of UR's game.

However, by the fourth quarter, despite loving to watch the Spiders fall on their face, I was really hoping to see them finish off the Mountaineers. I think part of it was Ward's quiet career that includes a NC and he too is simply a class act that gets no respect.

This week, I can already feel in my gut that I'll be a big Montana fan. Also rooting for W&M to pull the upset over Villanova. However, my original prediction was App St. over Villanova in the NC. Still think that's the most likely result.

ThompsonThe
December 6th, 2009, 02:00 AM
Ha, funny. The opposite happened with me. On the CAAZone I predicted an App St. win (in fact, I have them winning it all), but all my JMU brethren felt otherwise that App St. couldn't match the physicality of UR's game.

However, by the fourth quarter, despite loving to watch the Spiders fall on their face, I was really hoping to see them finish off the Mountaineers. I think part of it was Ward's quiet career that includes a NC and he too is simply a class act that gets no respect.

This week, I can already feel in my gut that I'll be a big Montana fan. Also rooting for W&M to pull the upset over Villanova. However, my original prediction was App St. over Villanova in the NC. Still think that's the most likely result.

I, of course, would agree with your final sentence. Too bad everyone is so hung up on the CAA. Did you also consider that you might also be the worst conference? Do not know of any other conference that had two football playing schools just drop football altogether.

Skjellyfetti
December 6th, 2009, 03:24 AM
I handed out a lot of rep in this thread. :D

blueballs
December 6th, 2009, 06:58 AM
Armanti Edwards- breaking ankles and hearts since 2006...

appfan2008
December 6th, 2009, 08:11 AM
I love watching AE play and I really hope we get 2 more games out of his amazing career!

BigHouseClosedEnd
December 6th, 2009, 10:17 AM

I agree with this. If ASU can get back to Chattanooga, its going to be very hard for a CAA team to beat them down there.

My only question is if last night's game and the travel west will wear down the Mountaineers.

ASUG8
December 6th, 2009, 11:08 AM
I agree with this. If ASU can get back to Chattanooga, its going to be very hard for a CAA team to beat them down there.

My only question is if last night's game and the travel west will wear down the Mountaineers.

Fortunately, no major injuries (I think) from last night - I'm sure both teams are bruised a bit, but I think we'll be good to go for the Grizzlies.

Shellin
December 6th, 2009, 11:37 AM
Fortunately, no major injuries (I think) from last night - I'm sure both teams are bruised a bit, but I think we'll be good to go for the Grizzlies.

Good :) I can't wait to see AE play, I agree with pretty much all of the posters earlier in this thread. Every time I've watched App State, even if I actually wanted the other team to win going into the game I find myself pulling for Edwards because he is so fun to watch. I seriously doubt that will happen this upcoming weekend though xlolx

blueballs
December 6th, 2009, 11:40 AM
9 years later we get the rematch...

...for some of you younger fans Montana and App played in Missoula in the 2000 semifinals in one of the true classics. All FCS fans should be looking forward to next Saturday!!!

mlbowl
December 6th, 2009, 11:42 AM

...for some of you younger fans Montana and App played in Missoula in the 2000 semifinals in one of the true classics. All FCS fans should be looking forward to next Saturday!!!

...or Friday nightxnodx

proasu89
December 6th, 2009, 12:12 PM

I still remember how I felt when Farris caught the winning pass.:( Great Gamexthumbsupx

boonegoon
December 6th, 2009, 12:23 PM
I still remember how I felt when Farris caught the winning pass.:( Great Gamexthumbsupx

me too.

Saint3333
December 6th, 2009, 12:57 PM

Though loss for the Apps that day, but even if you didn't have a dog in the fight it was a heck of a game.

Squealofthepig
December 12th, 2009, 11:53 PM
Though loss for the Apps that day, but even if you didn't have a dog in the fight it was a heck of a game.

As was today's game - definitely every bit as good as the 2000 game, and I hope our home/home series will have similar atmospheres/competitiveness (definitely looking forward to journeying to The Rock!)

And kudos again to Armanti for today's game- jeez, man, you have been something to watch, and a class act to boot. Will be cheering you on at the next level - mayhaps Miami would be a good spot? They seem to have quite a few former FCS players that the fanbase has embraced, too. AE's probably earned some serious time in better weather conditions by now too!