PDA

View Full Version : I need your opinion. I adopted the Griz

bodoyle
December 5th, 2009, 04:40 PM
As my yearly playoff team since CCU is in the dumpster of the BSC and it doesn't look like we will be coming up for air anytime soon. I will cheer for my Alma Mater as hard as I ever have, but come playoff time I'm all Griz.

Am I a bad fan for cheering for another team in the same division as my Alma Mater?

Keep in mind CCU and the Griz have never played eachother (that was one of my factors in choosing them).

DaGriz
December 5th, 2009, 04:46 PM
No, when ever we get knocked out I pick a team to cheer for so I can continue watching the playoffs and have something to look forward to. I usually want another big sky team to do well but when we're all gone I look for a team we have played before to do well.

Torgo
December 5th, 2009, 04:55 PM
I always pick another team to root for whenever my team is out (usually Appalachian), nothing wrong with that if it stays in the 'once my team is eliminated' realm.

Reign of Terrier
December 5th, 2009, 04:58 PM
l
l
l
l
l
V

NHwildEcat
December 5th, 2009, 05:00 PM
I am thinking about rooting for 'Nova next week when they host William or Mary. Likewise for Richmond. Now that my 'Cats are going to be out, I will continue to carry the CAA pride baby...let's get another champ in this conference!!

ASUG8
December 5th, 2009, 05:02 PM
l
l
l
l
l
V

That's just wrong, YT xnonono2x Once we squash the spiders, we'll go bear hunting in Big Fluffy country.

Reign of Terrier
December 5th, 2009, 05:04 PM
That's just wrong, YT xnonono2x Once we squash the spiders, we'll go bear hunting in Big Fluffy country.

I couldn't decide who I thought would win today so I decided I'd just pick the Griz next week:)

runHENrun
December 5th, 2009, 05:17 PM
Aint it cute, everybody wants to root for the griz. :D

GO CAA!!!! xthumbsupx

mtgrizfan4life
December 5th, 2009, 05:20 PM
Aint it cute, everybody wants to root for the griz. :D

GO CAA!!!! xthumbsupx

Hmm, wonder why that would be for fans outside of the CAA? Would someone mind venturing a guess on that?

jonmac
December 5th, 2009, 05:22 PM
I think it's certainly fine to continue to pay attention to the playoffs but it's not my cup of tea to pull for another team. I guess I have favorites when the Mountaineers aren't in it but I'm not flying any colors or actively cheering. To each his own though.

Shellin
December 5th, 2009, 05:29 PM
Yeah, I generally find a team that I pull for after the Griz are out of it, it varies on the year. More than anything I just want to see good football games afterwards (unlike the first 3 we've had today).

ASU_Fanatic
December 5th, 2009, 06:33 PM
When App doesn't make it I really don't care. I just enjoy watching it.

UNHFan
December 5th, 2009, 08:23 PM
Sorry I have adopted App!!

ASU_Fanatic
December 5th, 2009, 08:37 PM
Sorry I have adopted App!!xthumbsupx

bodoyle
December 5th, 2009, 09:28 PM
nm triple post

bodoyle
December 5th, 2009, 09:30 PM
Hmm, wonder why that would be for fans outside of the CAA? Would someone mind venturing a guess on that?

1) I still can't root for another BSC team in the playoffs if they ever make it
2) Football is played in the Winter so it has to be a Northern team for me.
3) Snow is a plus
4) You guys always sell out and have great fans!
5) We (CCU) have never played you so there is no conflict of interest.

bodoyle
December 5th, 2009, 09:40 PM

1) I am still not to the point where I can root for another BSC team in the playoffs (if another one ever makes it)
2) Football is a Winter sport so I need to choose a Northern team.
3) Snow is a plus xthumbsupx
4) You guys have great fans and always sellout
5) It has to be a team CCU has never played before.

bodoyle
December 5th, 2009, 11:34 PM
I think it's certainly fine to continue to pay attention to the playoffs but it's not my cup of tea to pull for another team. I guess I have favorites when the Mountaineers aren't in it but I'm not flying any colors or actively cheering. To each his own though.

I don't fly any colors, but I do actively cheer.

fencer24
December 5th, 2009, 11:58 PM
If Montana loses, I usually cheer for the team that beat them. If my team loses, I would rather it be to the eventual champions, than some other team.

ASUG8
December 6th, 2009, 12:24 AM
If Montana loses, I usually cheer for the team that beat them. If my team loses, I would rather it be to the eventual champions, than some other team.

Fair enough - PM me your address and I'll mail you an ASU jersey pregame.xrolleyesx

KiddBrewer
December 6th, 2009, 12:33 AM
when app lost last year, i went to sleep and woke up september 5th, 2009........

but no seriously, i watched all of the semi-final games and the championship games last year......i think it would be fine to pull for another team if you knew yours was not going to have a chance. i just love watching it regardless because of the passion!