PDA

View Full Version : NCAA SEMIFINALS - OFFICIAL W&M AT VILLANOVA PREGAME THREAD

Pages : [1] 2

tribe_pride
December 5th, 2009, 03:31 PM
The Tribe needs to come out stronger than they have the past 2 weeks and against Villanova in the first game. Can't spot Villanova 14 points.

Oh yeah...and not get the undisciplined penalties we got against the Wildcats as well. Only 1 for 5 yards today.

93henfan
December 5th, 2009, 03:33 PM
Go Tribe! xthumbsupx

UNHWildCats
December 5th, 2009, 03:40 PM
what a douche

benuski
December 5th, 2009, 03:44 PM
Yeah, I would have waited til the game was over...its good no one started a thread like this during the SDSU-Montana game...

93henfan
December 5th, 2009, 03:44 PM
what a douche

So you're feeling a big UNH comeback?

tribe_pride
December 5th, 2009, 03:50 PM
Sorry

Tribe07
December 5th, 2009, 04:04 PM
A little premature, but it does lean that way, you must admit.

wideright82
December 5th, 2009, 04:17 PM
I'm hunting someone down if this jinxes us..... just FYI

WildcatFan
December 5th, 2009, 04:18 PM
I'm hunting someone down if this jinxes us..... just FYI

xsmiley_wixxsmiley_wix

Tod
December 5th, 2009, 04:23 PM
xconfusedxxconfusedxxconfusedxxconfusedxxconfusedx xconfusedxxconfusedx

TribeinDC
December 5th, 2009, 11:54 PM
Winner of this game wins the NC. Said it here.

JMUNJ08
December 5th, 2009, 11:59 PM
Two dominant performances put in today by two great teams this season. Looking forward to watching this game next weekend! Don't blow it ESPN!!!!

caribbeanhen
December 6th, 2009, 09:30 AM
Two dominant performances put in today by two great teams this season. Looking forward to watching this game next weekend! Don't blow it ESPN!!!!

xnodx

Philliesfan980
December 6th, 2009, 09:32 AM
Any early gut feel of which game will get what time slot next weekend?

Sitting Bull
December 6th, 2009, 10:28 AM
Hoping Tribe/Nova gets Saturday. I think the attendance for this game will be significantly impacted by giving Tribe supporters best chance for travel and attending.

Montana will sell out whether their game is Friday or Saturday - and will need lights for either day based on the kickoff times.

That's my wishful rationale.

wideright82
December 6th, 2009, 10:30 AM
Any early gut feel of which game will get what time slot next weekend?

My gut tells me night game in Missoula xnodx

TheTribeHasSpoken
December 6th, 2009, 10:35 AM
Anybody know what time they announce normally?

VUCats02
December 6th, 2009, 11:05 AM
Doesn't this game have to be the Friday night game? From my understanding one game will be played Friday night at 8 PM and the other will be Saturday at 4 PM. If Montana's stadium does not have lights, the W&M/Nova game will have to be Friday night.

Sitting Bull
December 6th, 2009, 11:13 AM
If the Montana game kicks off at 2PM their time (4PM east) on Saturday, won't they need lights anyway? What of the game goes OT?

I seem to remember when they played UMass there several years ago, it was dark at the end of the game. They had lights.

ESPN brings portable lights in for any who need.

tribe_pride
December 6th, 2009, 11:16 AM
The NCAA brings lights to the stadiums that don't have lights (W&M in 1994). Plus, they would probably have to bring lights to Montana for a late Saturday afternoon game anyways.

mlbowl
December 6th, 2009, 11:23 AM
Plus, they would probably have to bring lights to Montana for a late Saturday afternoon game anyways.

You are correct.

bullseye44
December 6th, 2009, 11:24 AM
The NCAA brings lights to the stadiums that don't have lights (W&M in 1994). Plus, they would probably have to bring lights to Montana for a late Saturday afternoon game anyways.

1994? You're a decade off! xlolx

mlbowl
December 6th, 2009, 11:25 AM
...btw, my avatar picture shows the temp lights ESPN brought last time.

soccerguy315
December 6th, 2009, 11:27 AM
Anybody know what time they announce normally?

I read somewhere on AGS yesterday that there is some kind of conference call at 1pm today to decide it...

Tribe07
December 6th, 2009, 11:38 AM
My guess is Montana-App State get the prime time game Friday night and we get Saturday game. Doesn't really matter to me.

Tribe07
December 6th, 2009, 11:43 AM
Hmm well maybe it's Friday at 8pm. http://scores.espn.go.com/ncf/scoreboard?confId=81&seasonYear=2009&seasonType=2&weekNumber=15

I'm assuming this is correct since ESPN gets a say.

tribe_pride
December 6th, 2009, 11:52 AM
1994? You're a decade off! xlolx

Good call.

jlcharles
December 6th, 2009, 11:57 AM
Hmm well maybe it's Friday at 8pm. http://scores.espn.go.com/ncf/scoreboard?confId=81&seasonYear=2009&seasonType=2&weekNumber=15

Awesome. My life just became a ton easier.

soccerguy315
December 6th, 2009, 11:58 AM

interesting... that's what I would've figured (ASU is traveling the farthest so they get the extra day)

the bracket isn't updated yet though... it was updated quite quickly yesterday with the teams: http://www.ncaa.com/brackets/2009/ncaa_bracket_FCS_football.html

jlcharles
December 6th, 2009, 12:38 PM
Sportsnetwork also lists this as the Friday game.

Anovafan
December 6th, 2009, 12:38 PM
Just got official word, game is at 8pm Friday night.

soccerguy315
December 6th, 2009, 12:48 PM
Friday night is unfortunate... hopefully I can hit the road before DC/Baltimore rush hour...

BDKJMU
December 6th, 2009, 01:03 PM
Sucks for me- as I've said before, I live about 14 miles from Nova's campus. I didn't go to the Nova/UNH game yesterday as I'd originally planned due to the weather. I would like to go to Nova/W&M game. But alas, I'll be out of town for work, and will likely miss at least the 1st quarter on TV (as well as the 1st qtr of the ASU/Montana game).

Hoyadestroya85
December 6th, 2009, 01:06 PM
xlolxxlolx good luck with the beltway, You'd have to leave at 10 AM to miss the traffic.

dsbsh
December 6th, 2009, 01:23 PM
Friday night is unfortunate... hopefully I can hit the road before DC/Baltimore rush hour...

AMTRAK!

Hoyadestroya85
December 6th, 2009, 01:46 PM
AMTRAK!

I thought Joe Biden went to Delaware?

bullseye44
December 6th, 2009, 02:48 PM

Agree with you. Gonna have to figure out a way to work a half day...

soccerguy315
December 6th, 2009, 04:10 PM
AMTRAK!

to get to that, first I have to drive into DC... I could possibly metro in against the flow of rush hour I guess. Rush hour goes both ways on the road, don't know about metro.

jlcharles
December 6th, 2009, 04:36 PM
So happy about the day for this.

dsbsh
December 6th, 2009, 05:09 PM
to get to that, first I have to drive into DC... I could possibly metro in against the flow of rush hour I guess. Rush hour goes both ways on the road, don't know about metro.

I lived in Centreville, before moving out here (don't miss commuting into DC at all). When my firm sent me to Philly, I'd take Metro from Vienna to Union Station, then Amtrak. Wasn't a bad trip at all. Metro is only crowded in the city against rush hour; you'll get a seat from the outer 'burbs. Unless the train prices have gone way up, it's much easier and not much more expensive than driving.

Even if you drive, I'm envious. My school/employer just made the D2 finals; I'm trying to decide whether to take a pep bus to Alabama next Saturday... 12 hours each way.

spdram
December 6th, 2009, 06:57 PM
Good Luck to both teams, have a great game and the winner needs to win in Chatty. Make sure you are there, it will be an experience you will never forget. I know I'll never forget our trip to Chatty in '08.

Philliesfan980
December 6th, 2009, 08:01 PM
Looks like it's going to be a cold night - but a good night for football this Friday at Villanova. Around 33 and clear.

Hoyadestroya85
December 6th, 2009, 10:22 PM
33 and clear will be better than 33 and snowing (I'm hoping for snow again.. maybe that obnoxious green moving van will get stuck in it.)

tribe_pride
December 6th, 2009, 10:47 PM
I put this in another thread but figured I'd put it here too.

It's going to be a close game. The Tribe is not as bad nor as undisciplined as it was in the first game but Nova has improved too.

The second Nova TD was a result of a taunting penalty on a stopped 3rd down. Also, we have gotten better than the first half of the season in converting Red Zones into TDs as opposed to FGs. Haven't seen Nova so not sure where they have improved but I am sure they have.

I think the key to the game is which Tribe team shows up in the first quarter. If we can limit them, we should be fine (win - who knows but if not the game will be under 7) because we have always gotten stronger over the rest of the game. If Nova goes up big early, we are in trouble.

soccerguy315
December 7th, 2009, 01:09 PM
this thread should be on the first page... lol.

Look at all the smack the Montana / ASU guys are doing.

Us poor CAA folk can't keep up.

jlcharles
December 7th, 2009, 01:47 PM
Is it Friday yet?

How many fans do the Tribe expect to bring with them for the game?

Stupid finals will probably have an impact on student attendance. If the shoe was on the other foot and it was the basketball team in the same situation with finals, no doubt the school would force postponement of those finals.

wml33t
December 7th, 2009, 01:58 PM
Is it Friday yet?

Stupid finals will probably have an impact on student attendance. If the shoe was on the other foot and it was the basketball team in the same situation with finals, no doubt the school would force postponement of those finals.

The Friday game time is going to hurt both student and alumni attendance for W&M unfortunately. I still think it will be a good showing, but would have been dramatically better with the Saturday game time.

Folks in Williamsburg would need to leave in a worst case scenario by noon, and even that might be dicey with DC traffic, etc.

proasu89
December 7th, 2009, 02:07 PM
If the Montana game kicks off at 2PM their time (4PM east) on Saturday, won't they need lights anyway? What of the game goes OT?

I seem to remember when they played UMass there several years ago, it was dark at the end of the game. They had lights.

ESPN brings portable lights in for any who need.

It was dark because of the 8pm (eastern) kick off. That was the Friday night game in 06.

GannonFan
December 7th, 2009, 02:10 PM
Is it Friday yet?

Come on, it's not like there's even been an appreciable level of student attendance at nova games before, even on pleasant September evenings with no finals.

tribe_pride
December 7th, 2009, 02:22 PM
Everyone - Please leave the amount of fans crap talk out of this thread.

jlcharles
December 7th, 2009, 02:24 PM
Come on, it's not like there's even been an appreciable level of student attendance at nova games before, even on pleasant September evenings with no finals.

The student sections have been pretty full this year. How did Delaware do this weekend?

GolfingGriz
December 7th, 2009, 02:28 PM
Bill and Mary 10
Nova 9

VUCats02
December 7th, 2009, 02:58 PM
"Everyone - Please leave the amount of fans crap talk out of this thread. "

Thank you! Though, us small schools will never hear the end of it from the Montana and App St. fans...We'll just have to learn to ignore them when they are talking about how great they are because of their massive fan bases :)

VUCats02
December 7th, 2009, 02:59 PM
^ and blue hen fans too ;)

GannonFan
December 7th, 2009, 03:14 PM
Everyone - Please leave the amount of fans crap talk out of this thread.

Is it Friday yet?

The student sections have been pretty full this year. How did Delaware do this weekend?

Hey, I got no dog in this fight, but I'm perfectly allowed to comment that the nova student section has been paltry in relation to their overall attendance and that this game being played during some finals will have little to no impact on the general student attendance at this game.

So there. :p

wideright82
December 7th, 2009, 03:21 PM
Hey, I got no dog in this fight, but I'm perfectly allowed to comment that the nova student section has been paltry in relation to their overall attendance and that this game being played during some finals will have little to no impact on the general student attendance at this game.

So there. :p

Normally I would agree with you, but the student section has actually been our main draw this year (which may say a completely different thing all together). I am shocked by our student supports this year, actually xthumbsupx

Hoyadestroya85
December 7th, 2009, 03:38 PM
The students amounted to close to half of the attendance in the game on saturday.. Our problem this season hasn't been the student showing.. I seem to remember that the Delaware game was completely sold out and it wasn't even half delaware fans in the crowd. Villanova fans outnumbered and outcheered the UD supporters.
As long as it's not snowing again, I expect a very solid showing for W&M, there has been a decent buzz growing around this team.

Key Numbers: 17-1 in the last 18 home games, 9 home wins in a row. Something must be right because we have some homefield advantage brewing.

VUCats02
December 7th, 2009, 06:09 PM
How many W&M fans will be making it Friday? If I remember correctly you guys had a pretty good fan base here in the first ever CAA regular season game on national TV.

soccerguy315
December 7th, 2009, 06:35 PM
I would guess maybe a couple thousand (2-4)? Honestly I am pulling that number out of my ass though.

Can any of the Nova guys give parking advice? I'm not familiar with the area at all. Don't need tailgate space, just a place to leave the car during the game...

Tribe07
December 7th, 2009, 06:42 PM
I'd guess 2,000, maybe a few more. What is stadium capacity and average attendance? Anychance this game sells out?

VUCats02
December 7th, 2009, 06:55 PM
It seats about 12500...There is no chance this game will sell out unless the city of Philadelphia wakes up and realizes that this would actually be a pretty good game to see, but it won't happen. I think you can park at the nova train station and go under the tunnel and walk through campus to the stadium. You'd avoid traffic that way too.

caribbeanhen
December 7th, 2009, 07:04 PM
I hope the weather cooperates, what are the chances of a mild balmy December evening in West Philly, please no Blizzards, ice, freezing rain, or gail force winds...probably no way in Philly that will happen

AAadict
December 7th, 2009, 07:18 PM
Can any of the Nova guys give parking advice? I'm not familiar with the area at all. Don't need tailgate space, just a place to leave the car during the game...

Not a Nova guy but been to plenty of games there. Parking right across the street from the Stadium. New this year you can pay $20 for tailgating section or $10 for non. More portible toilets is nice this year. I think the street is Route 30 or 3 (can't remember) but it is directly off the Blue Route by a mile or two.

jlcharles
December 7th, 2009, 08:13 PM
For parking, you've got a few options. The two main lots across Route 30 from the stadium are $10 for non-tailgating spots. Also, when you get off of 476, if you make a left on 320, there is free parking in the law school garage. If you don't mind the walk, that would be the way to go if you aren't tailgating.

Ebirtog1989
December 7th, 2009, 08:45 PM
Looking forward to a hard-fought battle this Friday Night. Hopefully we can come out sharp...should be a tough game all-around ! GO TRIBE !

Tribe07
December 7th, 2009, 08:47 PM
Ebirt I love the avatar. That was an incredible hit huh? Was that Cox? Or Caldwell? Poor Towson.

Ebirtog1989
December 7th, 2009, 08:48 PM
Ebirt I love the avatar. That was an incredible hit huh? Was that Cox? Or Caldwell? Poor Towson.

I believe it is Caldwell making the hit xnodx

Ebirtog1989
December 7th, 2009, 08:52 PM
William & Mary Class of 1989 here...Long-time avid Tribe fan living in NC now. So far this year, I have attended the Central Connecticut State and Weber State games in the 'Burg and went to the URichmond game in Richmond, which was a tough loss. Tribe is playing as well on defense as I have ever seen them. I was in school when Michael "Pinball" Clemons and Steve Christie were in school !

soccerguy315
December 7th, 2009, 10:30 PM
thanks for the parking info guys... i will check them all out on the maps ahead of time

Hoyadestroya85
December 7th, 2009, 11:11 PM
Pretty much regardless of where you park, it shouldn't be more than about a ten minute walk.. Luckily the Villanova campus is pretty small and centralized so it's not a terrible trek.

soccerguy315
December 8th, 2009, 12:35 AM
yea, that's what it looked like... I assume parking in those neighborhoods is not a good idea? I know they would be happy to tow you if you tried that in Williamsburg, so it is probably the same deal.

ZableNoise
December 8th, 2009, 02:22 AM
so on both sides nova and wm, who would you rather play in the nc game, montana or app state?

Neither, is that possible? But seriously, both teams scare me a lot. We have a very indirect win over ASU (via New Hampshire via McNeese) and we already dismantled a Big Sky opponent, but that really means nothing because App State and Montana have been the cream of the FCS crop for years now. Id like to see how your semi plays out before I answer that.

JMU2K_DukeDawg
December 8th, 2009, 06:27 AM
Id like to see how your semi plays out before I answer that.

huh huh... you said "semi" ... huh huh

http://blogs.chron.com/specialfeatures/archives/beavis.jpg

Go Tribe! xthumbsupx

caribbeanhen
December 8th, 2009, 06:34 AM
^ and blue hen fans too ;)

if the Hen fans leave, who is left? The ASU vs Montana thread is 50 pages long already, you need us

wideright82
December 8th, 2009, 07:06 AM
so on both sides nova and wm, who would you rather play in the nc game, montana or app state?

I would def. like to play App. State over Montana. Nova's D is a lil more stout that Richmond's and Richmond seemed to be RELATIVELY successful slowing down AE. Plus our offense is much more potent than Richmond's.
That being said, either way I think the Cats would be OK.xsmiley_wix

Same question to you Big Griz.

Poker Alan
December 8th, 2009, 07:49 AM
I would def. like to play App. State over Montana. Nova's D is a lil more stout that Richmond's and Richmond seemed to be RELATIVELY successful slowing down AE. Plus our offense is much more potent than Richmond's.
That being said, either way I think the Cats would be OK.xsmiley_wix

Same question to you Big Griz.

I have watched more Tribe ball than Wildcats this season, so this may be biased, but the Tribe D looks scary good, I don't want to have to score alot on that if by chance they play the Griz. This is no disrespect to Villanova, I have seen W&M more, and they have looked better.

Houndawg
December 8th, 2009, 08:10 AM
Regardless of the score W&M wins because they get to leave Philly.xlolx

MR. CHICKEN
December 8th, 2009, 08:23 AM
DESPITE TRAVEL RAMIFACATIONS...FO' FRIDAY NIGHT...TRIBE LADS......WHOM-EVERAH PULLS IT OUT.....GETS UH X-TRA DAY REST...OVERAH DUH BEHEMOTH STEEL CAGE RUMBLE....IN MISERYOULA.......OH......AN' UH JUMP START.......ON CHATTY TICKETS/RESERVATIONS...(IFIN' NOT GONE ALREADY).....BEYOND SKOOL ALLOTMENTS.....&...MAY DUH BEST CAA STANDIN'.....BRING HOME DUH BLING....xhypedx....AWK!

GoneTribal
December 8th, 2009, 08:23 AM

xlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolx

caribbeanhen
December 8th, 2009, 09:00 AM
For parking, you've got a few options. The two main lots across Route 30 from the stadium are $10 for non-tailgating spots. Also, when you get off of 476, if you make a left on 320, there is free parking in the law school garage. If you don't mind the walk, that would be the way to go if you aren't tailgating.

thanks, do you recommend locking the doors?xnodxxlolx

jlcharles
December 8th, 2009, 10:28 AM
If you don't lock your doors, you're asking to get your stuff stolen no matter where you park.

GannonFan
December 8th, 2009, 11:04 AM

Well, nova's not even in Philly...

caribbeanhen
December 8th, 2009, 11:14 AM
Well, nova's not even in Philly...

but you can still smell it

GannonFan
December 8th, 2009, 11:21 AM
but you can still smell it

Nah, that's just the manure fertilizer on the various country clubs in the area - Philly's a decent hike from Radnor. Plus those northerly winds from Upper Darby could be the culprit. xthumbsupx

wideright82
December 8th, 2009, 11:45 AM
Nah, that's just the manure fertilizer on the various country clubs in the area - Philly's a decent hike from Radnor. Plus those northerly winds from Upper Darby could be the culprit. xthumbsupx

It must be a difficult task to make fun of Villanova, PA when your team resides in Newark, DE.

Villanova PA:
http://images.businessweek.com/ss/07/03/0309_ugrad_ranking/image/villanova2.jpg
http://www.devonremodeling.com/devon/dv.nsf/0/786677875784A4EF8825720E006381BA/$FILE/Harris_1_full.jpg
http://www.zillow.com/blog/files/2008/09/allen-iversons-house.jpg
http://www.eventective.com/photo/82870.jpg

Newark DE:

http://activerain.com/image_store/uploads/4/5/3/5/1/ar1209013315354.jpg
http://delawarehousehunters.com/EZ-PhotoAlbum/Album01/29aron1.JPG
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/4/4d/Newark_Delaware.jpg

xlolxxlolxxlolxxsmiley_wix

jlcharles
December 8th, 2009, 12:40 PM
Those pics are too small. Could you make them larger so we can distinguish details please?

GannonFan
December 8th, 2009, 01:28 PM
It must be a difficult task to make fun of Villanova, PA when your team resides in Newark, DE.

On the contrary, I wasn't making fun of nova's location at all, and was actually defending it from the midwest poster who indicated that Tribe fans would enjoy leaving the place since it means they would be leaving Philly.

Of course nova, PA has some lovely parts, why wouldn't it? It's a school that is full of very wealthy and privileged young adults and is located in one of the more exclusive areas in the country. They ain't charging close to $50k per year to go there just for nothing. xthumbsupx

wideright82
December 8th, 2009, 01:34 PM
On the contrary, I wasn't making fun of nova's location at all, and was actually defending it from the midwest poster who indicated that Tribe fans would enjoy leaving the place since it means they would be leaving Philly.

Of course nova, PA has some lovely parts, why wouldn't it? It's a school that is full of very wealthy and privileged young adults and is located in one of the more exclusive areas in the country. They ain't charging close to $50k per year to go there just for nothing. xthumbsupx

Well why'd you all of a sudden have to go and be nice? xlolxxlolxxlolxxlolx xthumbsupx

wideright82
December 8th, 2009, 01:35 PM
Those pics are too small. Could you make them larger so we can distinguish details please?

xlolxxlolxxlolx look at the size of those things!!!!! I needed to make sure people could read the number on the FOR SAL..... er EXIT sign

Hoyadestroya85
December 8th, 2009, 01:37 PM
xeyebrowx Anybody who is going to compare Villanova to Philly has obviously never been to Villanova. Gannon Fan is right, Villanova charges 40K plus for a reason. You know you're in a nice area when the number one concern of the local police force is breaking up college parties. As for when I lived in Carbondale, there were three stabbings and two shootings in the local area during my first month there.

ZableNoise
December 8th, 2009, 01:48 PM
The Tribe needs to come out stronger than they have the past 2 weeks and against Villanova in the first game. Can't spot Villanova 14 points.

Oh yeah...and not get the undisciplined penalties we got against the Wildcats as well. Only 1 for 5 yards today.

The key to not spotting points is in our offense. Having watched the last three games, I have to say that the offense can not come out as flat as they have. There was no offense against UR, the Weber St. game was sparked by two pick sixes, and the SIU game was sparked by a fake punt. The offense NEEDS to come out fired up and ready to play or else it could be a long day out on the mainline.

LeadBolt
December 8th, 2009, 01:59 PM
The key to not spotting points is in our offense. Having watched the last three games, I have to say that the offense can not come out as flat as they have. There was no offense against UR, the Weber St. game was sparked by two pick sixes, and the SIU game was sparked by a fake punt. The offense NEEDS to come out fired up and ready to play or else it could be a long day out on the mainline.

Amen! Is there a line out one this game?

wideright82
December 8th, 2009, 02:03 PM
Amen! Is there a line out one this game?

Villanova -3

GoneTribal
December 8th, 2009, 02:06 PM
we executed the offensive gameplan pretty well the last two weeks....all ball control. Once adjustments were made, we did fine. Problem is, Nova's D is much better than what we have seen, so we don't have the luxury of waiting for a couple of quarters.

I honestly do believe we beat ourselves in the first game, however. Give full credit to Nova, for not only taking advantage of our mistakes, but forcing our hand a bit. But take away the first play of the game (great call on their part), and the personal foul on the third down stop on the next drive, and we win the game 17-14 (all other things being equal of course). Not saying we should have won, cause we didn't deserve it that game, but that we definitely could have won.

Tremendous respect for Nova, I just hope they really suck on Friday ;) xthumbsupx

GoneTribal
December 8th, 2009, 02:07 PM
Villanova -3

even steven ay? xnodx

jlcharles
December 8th, 2009, 02:11 PM
http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/colleges/villanova/20091207__Nova_win_sets_up_another_rematch.html

I find this stat amazing:

In the last four games, the 'Cats have rushed for 1,198 yards. Their opponents have rushed for 73.

Hoyadestroya85
December 8th, 2009, 02:16 PM

Villanova has been particularly stout on defense in the first quarter. We've outscored our opponents 135-30 in the first quarter this season. That has been part of the key to our success.

wideright82
December 8th, 2009, 02:20 PM
even steven ay? xnodx

yep. A pickem with a little home field advantage for vegas.

Hoyadestroya85
http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/colleges/villanova/20091207__Nova_win_sets_up_another_rematch.html

In the last four games, the 'Cats have rushed for 1,198 yards. Their opponents have rushed for 73.

That stat is truly incredible..
By the way, I'm coming out with matchups for this game which should be finished later today or possibly tomorrow.

wideright82
Villanova has been particularly stout on defense in the first quarter. We've outscored our opponents 135-30 in the first quarter this season. That has been part of the key to our success.

the most amazing stat I've seen recently is the amount we've out rushed opponents in the last 5 games and also outscored opponents in that same time frame... lemme see if I can find it

edit:

Last 4 opponents have been outrushed 1,198-73

thats 299.5 yds/game to 18.5 yds/game

edit: I missed jlc's post about it already

GoneTribal
December 8th, 2009, 02:21 PM

xeekx xeekx

jlcharles
December 8th, 2009, 03:16 PM
UNH -66 yards
HC 46 yards
Delaware 45 yards
Towson 48 yards

jlcharles
December 8th, 2009, 03:20 PM
Heck, going back further,

Richmond 86 yards
URI 30 yards
JMU 116 yards. That was the last time we gave up 100.

Totals on the season 3085 yards rushing to 844 allowed.

CAAisBOSS
December 8th, 2009, 03:33 PM
WM's held 3 reams to negative yards rushing (no blizzard games). 668 yards rushing allowed. I dont know if anyone will be able to run!

Tribe07
December 8th, 2009, 03:37 PM
We can play that game too.

SIU- 84
Weber State- NEGATIVE 6
Richmond- 18
UNH- 27
Towson- 72
Rhode Island- NEGATIVE 46
JMU- 150
NU- 39
'Nova- 114 (gave up 118 to us)
Delaware- NEGATIVE 2
Norfolk State- 29

CAAisBOSS
December 8th, 2009, 03:39 PM
not to mention we gave up fewer YPR to JMU than Nova did :)xrulesx

jlcharles
December 8th, 2009, 03:49 PM
Oh, I fully understand that running is going to be tough for both teams. What are we 1/2 in the CAA?

CAAisBOSS
December 8th, 2009, 03:50 PM
yessir ever since armanti ran all over the spiders and UNH ran the wrong direction most of the game!

soccerguy315
December 8th, 2009, 03:54 PM
Oh, I fully understand that running is going to be tough for both teams. What are we 1/2 in the CAA?

Rush Defense (nationally):
1. W&M
3. Villanova
[8. Montana]
[41. ASU]

sooo... yup xthumbsupx

wideright82
December 8th, 2009, 04:02 PM
WM's held 3 reams to negative yards rushing (no blizzard games). 668 yards rushing allowed. I dont know if anyone will be able to run!

There's just going to be bodies massed around the line of scrimmage all day and tons of punts.... xlolxxlolxxlolxxlolx

ZableNoise
December 8th, 2009, 05:40 PM
Look everyone knows there is going to be stellar defensive play. The question is whose offense shows up? And I dont think even diehard William & Mary fans would argue that the Tribe has a better O than 'Nova.

Ebirtog1989
December 8th, 2009, 06:49 PM
Look everyone knows there is going to be stellar defensive play. The question is whose offense shows up? And I dont think even diehard William & Mary fans would argue that the Tribe has a better O than 'Nova.

In their first game, let's remember that the Tribe dominated total yards, 472-283, and controlled the time of possession by more than five minutes. However, W&M committed a pair of turnovers and only scored one touchdown in its five trips into the red zone. The total yardage was especially lopsided in the second half when the Tribe outgained the Wildcats, 252-81.

I think it is debatable which offense is "better." I think this game, like the rest is won in the trenches where W&M has an edge defensively and should be able to again limit the Nova offense. It will all come down to turnovers in this game. Whomever has fewer will win. Nova's Red Zone defense limited W&M to FGs in the first game. If that happens again, Nova will win.

molly
December 8th, 2009, 07:06 PM
Since the Nova game, W&M's offense has been pathetic in the 1st quarter. In those 9 games, the Tribe has only scored 29 points in the 1st quarter, including being held to a field goal or less in the last 5 games. Fortunately, Tribe opponents have only scored 34 points in the 1st quarter.

It would be nice to get some offense going early, but I just don't see it against what will likely be a fired up Nova team at home. I think the defense will have to keep Nova from going up more than a TD early so the offense has time to make adjustments and find a rhythm.

With both teams playing such stout defense right now, does anyone think there'll be more than 45 points scored Friday night?

wideright82
December 8th, 2009, 07:37 PM
In their first game, let's remember that the Tribe dominated total yards, 472-283, and controlled the time of possession by more than five minutes. However, W&M committed a pair of turnovers and only scored one touchdown in its five trips into the red zone. The total yardage was especially lopsided in the second half when the Tribe outgained the Wildcats, 252-81.

I think it is debatable which offense is "better." I think this game, like the rest is won in the trenches where W&M has an edge defensively and should be able to again limit the Nova offense. It will all come down to turnovers in this game. Whomever has fewer will win. Nova's Red Zone defense limited W&M to FGs in the first game. If that happens again, Nova will win.

So they fact that we were up 21 - 6 at half time had no implication on the rest of the game (ie we stopped passing all together and all you did was pass)? RJ passed the ball 55 times in the game to VU's 17 attempts. That seems to be a "lets just win this mentality." You guys drove the ball tremendously but could NOT find the endzone. A trick play is a part of football and I'd put my money on it you see another for a td on friday night. That 7 scored in the 3rd quarter sealed the deal when we needed to, and hopefully we don't even need that to win this one.

and of course the reasons you stated will determine the game. Another thing that will? The team that scores the most points! (no s*** Sherlock)

MR. CHICKEN
December 8th, 2009, 07:40 PM
WHEN REMATCH IS INVOLVED...DUH SQWAD...DAT TOOK DUH NES-TEA PLUNGE.......USUALLY....HAS MO' INCENTIVE..FO' PAYBACK.....DOES 'NOVA WANT IT 'NUFF.....TA THWART....DUH TRIBE'S...EFFORT....xconfusedx..........BETTERAH CIRCLE DUH WAGONS...WILDCATS....xpopcornx....AWK!!

bullseye44
December 8th, 2009, 08:03 PM
We can play that game too.

SIU- 84
Weber State- NEGATIVE 6
Richmond- 18
UNH- 27
Towson- 72
Rhode Island- NEGATIVE 46
JMU- 150
NU- 39
'Nova- 114 (gave up 118 to us)
Delaware- NEGATIVE 2
Norfolk State- 29

So here's an interesting breakdown of how our rush defense played and the #1 reason that Villanova worries me:

QB rushing gains: 500 yards
QB sack losses: -290 yards
All other positions total rushing yards: 478 yards

So, what has been masked by our 46 sacks this year is that we tend to let the QBs break some runs, even though RBs don't really go anywhere on us. Against most teams, you say ok and give up a couple of runs to the QB to get more sacks and stuff the RBs, but with a team like Nova with a mobile guy like Whitney, this has to be a our #1 concern. If we figure out how to contain him in the same schemes that stops the RBs and gets 3-4 sacks a game (and lots of pressure in general on the QB), then we win. If not, we lose.

GunsAndGuitars
December 8th, 2009, 08:08 PM
So here's an interesting breakdown of how our rush defense played and the #1 reason that Villanova worries me:

QB rushing gains: 500 yards
QB sack losses: -290 yards
All other positions total rushing yards: 478 yards

So, what has been masked by our 46 sacks this year is that we tend to let the QBs break some runs, even though RBs don't really go anywhere on us. Against most teams, you say ok and give up a couple of runs to the QB to get more sacks and stuff the RBs, but with a team like Nova with a mobile guy like Whitney, this has to be a our #1 concern. If we figure out how to contain him in the same schemes that stops the RBs and gets 3-4 sacks a game (and lots of pressure in general on the QB), then we win. If not, we lose.

In that case I'm going with Tribe wins (I want them to). I like the idea of QBs allowed to run.

ZableNoise
December 8th, 2009, 08:43 PM
Speaking of rushing quaterbacks, Beasley absolutely torched the tribe d on a couple of runs last week, where as karim went nowhere all game.

Tribe07
December 8th, 2009, 08:49 PM
Agreed, we have to to a better job stuffing the QB run. I can't remember the last time I saw a RB break one for a sizable gain. Also, by Beasley do you mean SIU QB MacIntosh?

soccerguy315
December 8th, 2009, 08:52 PM
who is Beasley? lol...

Ebirtog1989
December 8th, 2009, 08:52 PM
So they fact that we were up 21 - 6 at half time had no implication on the rest of the game (ie we stopped passing all together and all you did was pass)? RJ passed the ball 55 times in the game to VU's 17 attempts. That seems to be a "lets just win this mentality." You guys drove the ball tremendously but could NOT find the endzone. A trick play is a part of football and I'd put my money on it you see another for a td on friday night. That 7 scored in the 3rd quarter sealed the deal when we needed to, and hopefully we don't even need that to win this one.

and of course the reasons you stated will determine the game. Another thing that will? The team that scores the most points! (no s*** Sherlock)

Glad you're so confident. Maybe the Tribe should just stay home xrolleyesx
So you are basically saying that as long as you get a trick play again for a TD, Nova should win ? Point I was trying to make, is that the Tribe moved the ball very well against Villanova all day, just couldn't capitalize on Red Zone trips. I think that will change this time around, and that this will be a close game. You seem to think Nova will roll all over W&M. We'll see.

VUCats02
December 8th, 2009, 09:17 PM
The tribe moved the ball very well against nova because nova got out to a big lead, and then basically allowed W&M to move the ball down the field with short passes (anything as long as they didn't get beat deep). The stats in the first meeting are very deceiving. Plus, one of the greatest strengths of this Nova team is red zone defense. They simply step it up a notch when opponents are in the end zone, it is part of Nova's game - it wasn't just William and Mary that couldn't capitilize in the red zone against this team. I think if W&M can stop Whitney's running ability, this game will be very close. If they let Whitney extend drives by running for a first down on multiple 3rd and longs, the Tribe could be in for a long night. I actually think the key for Nova's defense is limiting W&M's pass offense, even though Grimes has proven to be a great back. The defense has had no problem whatsoever stopping the run - they even did a hell of a job against a Temple team that has had very impressive rushing stats this year in the FBS. If they can keep pressure on Archer, I think Nova will be okay. The key for William and Mary is to get good positive yardage on 1st down, so they will hopefully not face many 3rd and longs. They also need to not make stupid penalties - something I'm sure they won't do this time around.

Ebirtog1989
December 8th, 2009, 09:20 PM
The tribe moved the ball very well against nova because nova got out to a big lead, and then basically allowed W&M to move the ball down the field with short passes (anything as long as they didn't get beat deep). The stats in the first meeting are very deceiving. Plus, one of the greatest strengths of this Nova team is red zone defense. They simply step it up a notch when opponents are in the end zone, it is part of Nova's game - it wasn't just William and Mary that couldn't capitilize in the red zone against this team. I think if W&M can stop Whitney's running ability, this game will be very close. If they let Whitney extend drives by running for a first down on multiple 3rd and longs, the Tribe could be in for a long night. I actually think the key for Nova's defense is limiting W&M's pass offense, even though Grimes has proven to be a great back. The defense has had no problem whatsoever stopping the run - they even did a hell of a job against a Temple team that has had very impressive rushing stats this year in the FBS. If they can keep pressure on Archer, I think Nova will be okay. The key for William and Mary is to get good positive yardage on 1st down, so they will hopefully not face many 3rd and longs. They also need to not make stupid penalties - something I'm sure they won't do this time around.

Agreed on virtually all points. Nova is an excellent team. I wish it were Friday already !

wideright82
December 8th, 2009, 09:31 PM
Glad you're so confident. Maybe the Tribe should just stay home xrolleyesx
So you are basically saying that as long as you get a trick play again for a TD, Nova should win ? Point I was trying to make, is that the Tribe moved the ball very well against Villanova all day, just couldn't capitalize on Red Zone trips. I think that will change this time around, and that this will be a close game. You seem to think Nova will roll all over W&M. We'll see.

I don't see a single place where I said who would win this game, but good assumptions. I was merely pointing out that your reasoning was flawed. You moved the ball very well against us, I never denied you didn't. However, we had more yards in the first half than you did, and didn't really need to do much after that so your total yards argument is nice and all, just a moot point. Trust me, if Andy Talley is up 28 - 9 in the 4th quarter he's shut it down offensively. Your final 8 points were with 4 minutes left in the game. I don't think either team will take the other lightly, but to say that a turnover/trick play is the difference maker is just plain ole wrong. You guys were stymied inside our 30 yard line. I didn't see anything to prove me wrong in your playoff wins until the second half against SIU. I didn't see anything that led me to believe Villanova has issues scoring as we've pretty much done it at will (see touchdown drive in the second half against W&M)

This game will be determined by W&M. Stop Villanova from scoring AND learn how to score against them is the key to your victory. Those are two tough things to do in Villanova Stadium unless you are Dom Randolf. No offense but RJ Archer is no Dom Randolf. I like your chances though because of the revenge factor and the Tribe have played unbelievably these playoffs. Also we haven't seen each other in 7 games. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Ebirtog1989
December 8th, 2009, 09:51 PM
Clearly, we were beat in the game earlier this year, and I think Nova is an excellent team, as I've already stated. All I did earlier was point out that W&M was able to move the ball extremely well against Villanova's defense, which you agreed with, and really is not debatable. I don't think it is being "delusional" to think that W&M can show up, limit the stupid penalties and turnovers that killed them in the 1st game, and make this a very competitive, close ball game.

Ebirtog1989
December 8th, 2009, 09:57 PM
However, we had more yards in the first half than you did, and didn't really need to do much after that so your total yards argument is nice and all, just a moot point.

Actually, you are incorrect about having more yards in the first half. The Tribe outgained Villanova in the first half, 220-202. The total yardage was especially lopsided in the second half when the Tribe outgained the Wildcats, 252-81. They dominated total yards in the game, 472-283, and controlled the time of possession by more than five minutes. However, W&M committed a pair of turnovers and only scored one touchdown in its five trips into the red zone.

Tribe07
December 8th, 2009, 10:41 PM
Ebirt don't worry about him. We aren't going to convince them of anything until we prove it to them on Friday night.

jlcharles
December 9th, 2009, 05:19 AM
Here's the thing about our defense. You can't run on it. You can pass on it, but we aren't going to give up the deep ball. They'll give up the dink and dunk kind of stuff. Once you get in the red zone, they don't have to worry about the deep ball and can lock down on the shorter stuff. If your QB makes a mistake, they will pounce on it. We gave up over 400 yards to Devlin, but who cares since they jumped on his and his receivers' mistakes for 3 INTs. Randolf killed us because he just did not make a mistake.

Wideright is correct that Archer is no Randolf. I think that the game is going to be about W&M's ability to limit turnovers and somehow get into the endzone. Settling for FGs is not going to cut it.

Any way you cut it, this is going to be a hell of a game. I can't wait for Friday!

caribbeanhen
December 9th, 2009, 06:08 AM
Wideright is correct that Archer is no Randolf.

and Holy Cross is no William and Mary, this is a tough game to call...the only sure thing is the winner brings home the crown

xxx "Randolf" is no Dominic Randolph. xxx

jlcharles
December 9th, 2009, 06:24 AM
and Holy Cross is no William and Mary, this is a tough game to call...the only sure thing is the winner brings home the crown

Correct, Holy Cross isn't nearly as good defensively as W&M, but not many teams are. But Randolf is on another level as a QB. I'm looking forward to seeing how he does in the NFL. That kid is scary good. By far the best we saw this year.

This is going to be a one score game. Probably under 45 points scored total. 20-17 would be my guess.

The forecast is calling for a windy day (20+ mph), with the winds dying down (<10mph) by game time. Of course, they said the winds would die down by the time the Holy Cross game kicked off. We all know how that went down. And early in the week, they were calling for light snow that wouldn't last for the UNH game, so I wouldn't trust the weather until we see what is actually happening at 7:59pm.

caribbeanhen
December 9th, 2009, 06:27 AM
Correct, Holy Cross isn't nearly as good defensively as W&M, but not many teams are. But Randolf is on another level as a QB. I'm looking forward to seeing how he does in the NFL. That kid is scary good. By far the best we saw this year.

How did he end up at Holy Cross?

Tribe4SF
December 9th, 2009, 07:24 AM
How did he end up at Holy Cross?

Probably an under-the-radar guy. Happens all the time at our level. Lang Campbell was a walk-on at W&M, as was Adrian Tracy.

caribbeanhen
December 9th, 2009, 07:34 AM
Tracy a walk-on? Wow, he had something to prove.

Houndawg
December 9th, 2009, 07:40 AM
Speaking of rushing quaterbacks, Beasley absolutely torched the tribe d on a couple of runs last week, where as karim went nowhere all game.

McIntosh was the QB. Using the net rushing stats hides the fact Mac ran at will early.
SIU netted 84 yards for the game but actually ran for about 130 yards before the sacks are added in, and had a couple of more big gainers and and a TD flagged, iirc. xpeacex

wideright82
December 9th, 2009, 07:57 AM

xxx "Randolf" is no Dominic Randolph. xxx

Thanks I knew his spelling looked off, I was just too lazy xlolx. xthumbsupx

GoneTribal
December 9th, 2009, 08:08 AM
There are so many "keys to the game" here.

For me, I think (as has been stated numerous times), the W&M Offense needs to start clicking before halftime...not after. Archer has been missing a lot of passes HIGH in the beginning of games, probably from nerves. Sail a pass or two against this D, and they are pick 6s. We have to avoid that.

Dink and dunk all day, but we need TDs. We have improved in this area, but still need to be more efficient. The Nova D is by far the most similar to the W&M D, so obviously rushing yards will be at a premium...it is key to get the passing game going right from the start.

This game could go either way, but Homer says W&M by 10. xlolx xthumbsupx

caribbeanhen
December 9th, 2009, 08:18 AM
If your QB makes a mistake, they will pounce on it. We gave up over 400 yards to Devlin, but who cares since they jumped on his and his receivers' mistakes for 3 INTs.

thats right, and it was probably the most unimpressive 400 yard passing game in the history of college football, Villanova was just toying with us as they knew once down in the redzone they could shut us down

so the key for the guests will be REDZONE touchdowns, no FG's

wideright82
December 9th, 2009, 08:50 AM
the key to the game is to see a lot of this for Villanova:

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 9th, 2009, 08:55 AM
Would Villanova trade a win over W&M for a loss to Temple on Sunday? I would hope so. However, my guess is most people at 'Nova care more about a bball game that means little more than bragging rights. When was the last time 'Nova won a national title in a sport? BBall '85?

caribbeanhen
December 9th, 2009, 09:06 AM
the key to the game is to see a lot of this for Villanova:http://www.anygivensaturday.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=14902&stc=1&d=1260370213

Ah geez, didn't really want to watch figure skatingxlolx, tell me there playing this game on iceskates like the last game and I'll puke on the keyboardxeekx

wideright82
December 9th, 2009, 09:06 AM
Would Villanova trade a win over W&M for a loss to Temple on Sunday? I would hope so. However, my guess is most people at 'Nova care more about a bball game that means little more than bragging rights. When was the last time 'Nova won a national title in a sport? BBall '85?

yep. I would trade a W on friday for a Loss to temple in basketball in a heartbeat xnodx

wideright82
December 9th, 2009, 09:08 AM
Ah geez, didn't really want to watch figure skatingxlolx, tell me there playing this game on iceskates like the last game and I'll puke on the keyboardxeekx

xlolxxlolx the best men's pair skating team in the country. Tell me about it. I may puke just thinking about it xlolx

jlcharles
December 9th, 2009, 09:10 AM

I'd traded that loss in a heartbeat. But, I'm sure most people would rather beat Temple.

We won a national championship in women's cross country two weeks ago.

http://www.villanova.com/sports/c-xc/spec-rel/112309aab.html

GoneTribal
December 9th, 2009, 09:10 AM
I'll take a Nova loss on Friday for a win Sunday any day ;) xnodx

bullseye44
December 9th, 2009, 10:51 AM
Tracy a walk-on? Wow, he had something to prove.

Tracy was about to commit to Davidson and play D3 football, until W&M caught a glimpse of him while recruiting someone else. His mom convinced him to come to campus...and the rest is history. Pretty amazing.

caribbeanhen
December 9th, 2009, 10:53 AM
Tracy was about to commit to Davidson and play D3 football, until W&M caught a glimpse of him while recruiting someone else. His mom convinced him to come to campus...and the rest is history. Pretty amazing.

Mom should be teated like a queen if she attends the game, at least a seat in the warm press box

VUCats02
December 9th, 2009, 11:35 AM
When was the last time Nova won a national title in a sport? Two weeks ago in women's xc :-)

VUCats02
December 9th, 2009, 11:37 AM
"Would Villanova trade a win over W&M for a loss to Temple on Sunday? I would hope so. However, my guess is most people at 'Nova care more about a bball game that means little more than bragging rights. When was the last time 'Nova won a national title in a sport? BBall '85? "

To answer your question, two weeks ago in women's xc :)

tribefan40
December 9th, 2009, 11:53 AM
This game will be determined by W&M. Stop Villanova from scoring AND learn how to score against them is the key to your victory.

Seriously? Score and don't let the other team score? Great advice man, we should do that every game. Oh wait, we have been doing that... xrotatehx

tribefan40
December 9th, 2009, 11:54 AM

Congrats! xthumbsupx

LeadBolt
December 9th, 2009, 11:57 AM
First team to 20 takes it! Mistakes will determine outcome, as they did last time. This is a match-up of two great teams and being flat, having a mental or physical lapse, or a crucial penalty will turn the outcome.

bullseye44
December 9th, 2009, 12:09 PM
This game will be determined by W&M. Stop Villanova from scoring AND learn how to score against them is the key to your victory.

Seriously? Score and don't let the other team score? Great advice man, we should do that every game. Oh wait, we have been doing that... xrotatehx

Sounds like we've just plain run out of things to talk about. Is it Friday yet?

bullseye44
December 9th, 2009, 12:12 PM
Mom should be teated like a queen if she attends the game, at least a seat in the warm press box

Agreed.

http://www2.timesdispatch.com/rtd/sports/college/college_football/article/WMAR20_20091119-223203/306920/

caribbeanhen
December 9th, 2009, 12:13 PM
Sounds like we've just plain run out of things to talk about. Is it Friday yet?

and just not enough Nova fans to compete with the "other game" thread

if given the choice, you can only watch one of the semis, your call....
I'd pick this one - I like D

GoneTribal
December 9th, 2009, 12:38 PM
same here. i enjoy watching games where points are at a premium. the shoot out type games where whoever has the ball last will win is a fun game to watch, but I would rather see a team win because they were able to battle through blood sweat and tears, for 7 (or 3), rather than win a game because you happened to stop the other team once more than they stopped you in a shootout. (but I still like me some shootouts)

wideright82
December 9th, 2009, 03:03 PM

Ahhhh I see you picked up what I was putting down xlolxxlolxxlolx

My point was exactly that. I love the different ways both teams could win... fans might as well say, the key to victory is to score more points. When two good teams play each other turnovers and penalties ALWAYS determine the game. If we were playing towson we'd say.... "turn the ball over less than 12 times and we have this".... against a Villanova or W&M we'd say.... "we have to play perfectly to beat them".

Tribe07
December 9th, 2009, 03:10 PM
Along the lines of 'Nova being a basketball school, did anyone else catch the student section chanting FINAL FOUR last week near the end of the UNH game? Amusing.

wideright82
December 9th, 2009, 03:36 PM
Along the lines of 'Nova being a basketball school, did anyone else catch the student section chanting FINAL FOUR last week near the end of the UNH game? Amusing.

I agree that it is amusing how they chant at football games, but what are they supposed to call it? The semis? It still is a final fourxlolx

Tribe07
December 9th, 2009, 03:40 PM
I think you could ask a LOT of FCS fans what to call the round of 4 and none of them would say the Final Four.

wideright82
December 9th, 2009, 03:45 PM
I think you could ask a LOT of FCS fans what to call the round of 4 and none of them would say the Final Four.

I know. We'd call it the semis. Doesn't mean its not the final four. Just sayin, newspapers in Philly have also been calling it a final four.

Tribe07
December 9th, 2009, 03:50 PM
One key to the game Friday night:

http://www.loudouni.com/bitcache/add8270b5a182360ba021995442975bea39f3d51?vid=2821

Hoyadestroya85
December 9th, 2009, 03:58 PM
There are so many "keys to the game" here.

For me, I think (as has been stated numerous times), the W&M Offense needs to start clicking before halftime...not after. Archer has been missing a lot of passes HIGH in the beginning of games, probably from nerves. Sail a pass or two against this D, and they are pick 6s. We have to avoid that.

Dink and dunk all day, but we need TDs. We have improved in this area, but still need to be more efficient. The Nova D is by far the most similar to the W&M D, so obviously rushing yards will be at a premium...it is key to get the passing game going right from the start.

This game could go either way, but Homer says W&M by 10. xlolx xthumbsupx

Agreed on most points, but the Villanova defense and the william and mary defense are actually very different.. the only thing similar about them is that they have three linebackers

Hoyadestroya85
December 9th, 2009, 04:00 PM

Women's cross country, 2009 xthumbsupx
and i would trade a loss to temple for a national championship

Ivytalk
December 9th, 2009, 04:32 PM
First team to 20 takes it! Mistakes will determine outcome, as they did last time. This is a match-up of two great teams and being flat, having a mental or physical lapse, or a crucial penalty will turn the outcome.

I agree, and I'd be very surprised if both teams hit 20. I'm thinking 21-17 W&M.

soccerguy315
December 9th, 2009, 04:36 PM
hey Nova guys... what if i want to grab something to eat at like 4:30? Like a sandwich or a burger or something? I'm looking around and found these... are they good?

Glenmorgan Bar & Grill
Duffy's Restaurant
Johnnie's Dog House
Main Line Pizza
Great American Pub

I'm young and don't have any money, so don't go sending me to some fancy place, lol

wideright82
December 9th, 2009, 04:46 PM
hey Nova guys... what if i want to grab something to eat at like 4:30? Like a sandwich or a burger or something? I'm looking around and found these... are they good?

Glenmorgan Bar & Grill
Duffy's Restaurant
Johnnie's Dog House
Main Line Pizza
Great American Pub

I'm young and don't have any money, so don't go sending me to some fancy place, lol

A lot of the stuff on the main line is pretty pretentiously priced. (go figure right).

Johnnie's Dog House is pretty good though.

Other places in the area:

there's a new Burger Joint that opened up down the road (hoyadestroya will probably know the name as I am a couple years removed now) and that was amazing. (actually it may very well be called "Burger Joint")

For pizza I would do Peace o' Pizza. (you can also hit up Hope's cookies in the same building. I suggest an ice cream sandwich on their cookies. HOLY CRAP!)

Great American Pub aint bad

Gullifty's is a staple but not as cheap as a Johnny's Dog house.

Campus Corner and Wingers are student go tos. I probably ate at campus corner more than anywhere in my 4 years there. Cheesesteak wrap is legit. Do they still have the daily special there Hoya? That was a deal. 2 slices of za, fries and a drink for like 5 bucks.

runHENrun
December 9th, 2009, 05:02 PM
Good luck to both teams, and may the winner beat the snot out of the winner of that other game...you know, that scrub game up in Montana.xsmiley_wix

Again, good luck to both, and may your game be injury free.

PROUD OF THE CAA !!!!!

tribe_pride
December 9th, 2009, 05:11 PM
I'd traded that loss in a heartbeat. But, I'm sure most people would rather beat Temple.

We won a national championship in women's cross country two weeks ago.

http://www.villanova.com/sports/c-xc/spec-rel/112309aab.html

"Would Villanova trade a win over W&M for a loss to Temple on Sunday? I would hope so. However, my guess is most people at 'Nova care more about a bball game that means little more than bragging rights. When was the last time 'Nova won a national title in a sport? BBall '85? "

Women's cross country, 2009 xthumbsupx
and i would trade a loss to temple for a national championship

Wait. What was the last sport you won the NCAA's in? Just messing with you. That was a good win and a big upset.

VUCats02
December 9th, 2009, 06:31 PM
I'll raise the stakes. I would trade a loss tonight against st. joes (even though i HATE st. joes) AND a loss sunday to temple sunday for a national championship in football. There's A LOT of hype going around about this football game around campus. I don't know if it will mean there will be a huge student showing, but so far it's looking promising.

Besides, St. Joes almost beat us last year, and look at where the nova bball team ended up :) I'll trade 2 big 5 losses in bball for a NC in football any day.

VUCats02
December 9th, 2009, 06:33 PM
I'll raise the stakes. I would trade a loss tonight against st. joes (even though i HATE st. joes) AND a loss sunday to temple for a national championship in football. There's A LOT of hype going around about this football game around campus. I don't know if it will mean there will be a huge student showing, but so far it's looking promising.

Besides, St. Joes almost beat us last year, and look at where the nova bball team ended up. I'll trade 2 big 5 losses in bball for a NC in football any day.

GoneTribal
December 9th, 2009, 06:45 PM
Agreed on most points, but the Villanova defense and the william and mary defense are actually very different.. the only thing similar about them is that they have three linebackers

I really just meant in terms of having a bada$$ D, and not letting their opponents do what they want to do ;)

Tribe07
December 9th, 2009, 07:21 PM
You would trade 2 wins in basketball for a National Championship? Wow. Really going out on a limb with that one.

I'd trade a whole season of nothing but wins in basketball (even over UConn, Maryland, etc) for a NC in football. But that's just me, and some W&M people would even give me flak for that.

LeadBolt
December 9th, 2009, 07:32 PM
I agree, and I'd be very surprised if both teams hit 20. I'm thinking 21-17 W&M.

I like your prognostication and would love to see it happen that way.

soccerguy315
December 9th, 2009, 08:04 PM
thanks for the thoughts on food wideright

looking into Ruby's Diner and Elevation Burger (is that the new place?) as well.

caribbeanhen
December 9th, 2009, 08:06 PM
So, since were talking food,

Gino's or Pat's?

I know when you get up to the window, you better know WTF your doing or your gonna get a little bit of that Philly attitudexlolx

Cheese width -

Tribe07
December 9th, 2009, 08:25 PM
Which one is the obviously racist one? Pat's or Geno's?

jlcharles
December 9th, 2009, 08:30 PM
You would trade 2 wins in basketball for a National Championship? Wow. Really going out on a limb with that one.

I'd trade a whole season of nothing but wins in basketball (even over UConn, Maryland, etc) for a NC in football. But that's just me, and some W&M people would even give me flak for that.

I think you'd have to understand the Big 5 and Philly basketball to get it.

As for food, if you're going with someone, hit up Ardmore Pizza a few miles closer to Philly. Get a Pepperoni Stromboli. First off, it's not a stromboli. It's a pizza folded in half with about a pound and a half of pepperoni, cheese, and some sauce in it. Then they put cheese on the top of it before it goes in the oven. Little extra sauce to dip in. Delicious.

caribbeanhen - you better specify your cheese. and it's wit.

tribe07 - nothing wrong with telling people to talk the language. he never denied one person food.

caribbeanhen
December 9th, 2009, 08:30 PM
Which one is the obviously racist one? Pat's or Geno's?

I am afraid I have no idea

caribbeanhen
December 9th, 2009, 08:34 PM
caribbeanhen - you better specify your cheese. and it's wit.

tribe07 - nothing wrong with telling people to talk the language. he never denied one person food.

of course, wit

I would say they had a little more patience for out of towners at Geno's, Pats was a little more business like....as for the best...hard to say, both very good

jlcharles
December 9th, 2009, 08:45 PM
Geno's tastes like steakumm.

caribbeanhen
December 9th, 2009, 09:01 PM
Geno's tastes like steakumm.

yea, I made the same joke, I actually ate a real good one while driving around like a lost tourist, I have no idea what the name of the place was, probably about a mile or so to the southwest of Pat's, I felt dis-oriented as the Vet was gone, also I remember the VA hosp was close to the Vet, didn't see that either

Tribe07
December 9th, 2009, 09:21 PM
jcharles that might be true, but I remember reading some pretty racist newspaper clippings in the windows as I was waiting in line. It has been quite a few years since I've been there though, he might've eased up some. And which one are we talking about? Pats? I can't remember which one it was.

ZableNoise
December 9th, 2009, 09:41 PM
I like Jim's on South Street - whiz wit

Hoyadestroya85
December 9th, 2009, 11:13 PM
I really just meant in terms of having a bada$$ D, and not letting their opponents do what they want to do ;)

I know, and I was just being semantical ;)

I can't wait for this game, I might have to take an ambien just so i can go to sleep!

WyomingGrizFan
December 9th, 2009, 11:29 PM
For what it's worth. I hope W&M win out this next game. It's not that I dislike either team more than the other; nothing personal. It's tough to beat the same team twice in the same year. Hope to see you in Chattanooga W&M.

09griz
December 10th, 2009, 03:44 AM
alright, it is time to get excited about this goddamned game!

JMU Newbill
December 10th, 2009, 06:17 AM
Anyone else think the team that scores first in this game has a great chance to win? I like both defenses a lot.

LeadBolt
December 10th, 2009, 06:57 AM
For what it's worth. I hope W&M win out this next game. It's not that I dislike either team more than the other; nothing personal. It's tough to beat the same team twice in the same year. Hope to see you in Chattanooga W&M.

Back at you Griz! I would love to meet you guys in Chattanooga next week. Good luck with ASU.

GoneTribal
December 10th, 2009, 07:37 AM
Delassandro's is where it's at!!!

wideright82
December 10th, 2009, 07:45 AM
thanks for the thoughts on food wideright

looking into Ruby's Diner and Elevation Burger (is that the new place?) as well.

Both of those are in Ardmore. Don't bother trying to get that far down the main line before the game. Stay with in the towns immediately next to Villanova.

Here's the burger place.

http://www.brgrjoint.com/brgr.html

LeadBolt
December 10th, 2009, 09:07 AM
Does anyone know who is calling this game for ESPN?

jlcharles
December 10th, 2009, 10:45 AM
alright, it is time to get excited about this goddamned game!

I've been excited since the clock hit zeroes on Saturday.

GoneTribal
December 10th, 2009, 10:49 AM
LOUD NOISES!

jmufan999
December 10th, 2009, 11:16 AM
Does anyone know who is calling this game for ESPN?

i think it's ESPN2, not trying to get technical, though. i know Brock Huard always does one of the games with whatever play-by-play guy there is.... Brock did the Friday night game last year, so that would be my guess. the other option is Jon Ritchie with the play-by-play guy... don't know either play-by-play guy.

W&M, please read this carefully (i realize no players will read this but i can dream):

DO NOT CHOKE. i am hoping you'll win. i'll be rooting for whoever wins, but if W&M wins, i DO NOT want it to be because Nova choked and just didn't show up. in other words, i want the winner to crush whoever they play in the NC game. so i don't want W&M to win some flukey game and not have our best CAA representative fighting it out. if Nova brings their A-game, and W&M can still win.... look out for the Tribe, big time.

wideright82
December 10th, 2009, 11:17 AM
W&M fans.... hopefully these videos pump you up as much as they pump me up for this game..... I doubt it though for some reason......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gUjSnv7IoJ0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qSFHFn238EA

http://www.youtube.com/user/dj32684#p/a/u/0/_FMr9Jc6hBU

GoneTribal
December 10th, 2009, 11:19 AM
W&M fans.... hopefully these videos pump you up as much as they pump me up for this game..... I doubt it though for some reason......

I clicked the links, but all that came up with this.....strange

http://i47.tinypic.com/v45thf.jpg

http://i49.tinypic.com/23kri9s.jpg

jmufan999
December 10th, 2009, 11:19 AM
i should define "flukey" game: having a bunch of fumbles, some of which weren't necessarily "caused", would be one example (where have i heard of that happening before?)...

soccerguy315
December 10th, 2009, 11:50 AM
Both of those are in Ardmore. Don't bother trying to get that far down the main line before the game. Stay with in the towns immediately next to Villanova.

Here's the burger place.
http://www.brgrjoint.com/brgr.html

thanks xthumbsupx

LeadBolt
December 10th, 2009, 03:08 PM
i think it's ESPN2, not trying to get technical, though. i know Brock Huard always does one of the games with whatever play-by-play guy there is.... Brock did the Friday night game last year, so that would be my guess. the other option is Jon Ritchie with the play-by-play guy... don't know either play-by-play guy.

W&M, please read this carefully (i realize no players will read this but i can dream):

DO NOT CHOKE. i am hoping you'll win. i'll be rooting for whoever wins, but if W&M wins, i DO NOT want it to be because Nova choked and just didn't show up. in other words, i want the winner to crush whoever they play in the NC game. so i don't want W&M to win some flukey game and not have our best CAA representative fighting it out. if Nova brings their A-game, and W&M can still win.... look out for the Tribe, big time.

Not to be technical, but I was planning on watching the game on ESPN2HD.....

We all want a good game. A reversal of what happened in the regular season in the playoffs, as happened in 2004 would be nice for William & Mary, even if a choke is involved as it was in 2004 and the second best CAA team went to Chatanooga....

soccerguy315
December 10th, 2009, 05:30 PM
I doubt this game will be in HD. They might stretch it... but I doubt it will be HD. Hopefully I will be wrong though.

WMTribe90
December 10th, 2009, 05:38 PM

Hold on to those links you're gonna want to revisit them on Saturday to ease the pain xnodx

Ebirtog1989
December 10th, 2009, 06:10 PM
Wideright livin' in the past...gotta love it.

CAAisBOSS
December 10th, 2009, 07:00 PM
its on ESPN2 and ESPN2HD

TheTribeHasSpoken
December 10th, 2009, 08:39 PM
i should define "flukey" game: having a bunch of fumbles, some of which weren't necessarily "caused", would be one example (where have i heard of that happening before?)...Or if W&M wins but scores on a flea flicker, and Nova outgains them but can't score in the red zone and turns the ball over too much.

That would be a fluke.

Tribe07
December 10th, 2009, 08:47 PM

That is painful. Wow we played poorly that day.

Ebirtog1989
December 10th, 2009, 09:32 PM
Wow. Guess the stands won't be too full tomorrow night. I can currently go online and buy 25 SEAT BLOCKS TOGETHER....entire ROWS at the 50 yard line (Row 8, Row 19 in two different sections) for tomorrow night's game...sounds like local support for Villanova football is pretty poor.

VUCats02
December 10th, 2009, 09:52 PM
That's because Philadelphia is a college basketball city, not a college football city.

Ebirtog1989
December 10th, 2009, 10:06 PM
That's because Philadelphia is a college basketball city, not a college football city.

Kinda sad for these guys that they don't get more support. Situations like this are probably some of the reasons that Hofstra and Northeastern lost their football programs. Not saying that Nova would, but just kinda sad that there wouldn't be more support for such a good football team.

VUCats02
December 10th, 2009, 10:14 PM
I don't know about the casual local college football fan, but I have a really good feeling that there will be a great showing in students for tomorrow's game. Granted, there are only 6000 students who got to 'nova, but percentage wise, I think it will be a great turnout for students.

soccerguy315
December 10th, 2009, 10:24 PM
its on ESPN2 and ESPN2HD

yea... the game last week was on MASN HD, but not in HD. Hopefully this one will be, but it doesn't really matter to me, b/c I will be there in surround sound xthumbsupx trying not to freeze xeyebrowx

fltheadgriz
December 11th, 2009, 08:02 AM
Did Villanova get hit by the storm in the northeast this week or not?

GoneTribal
December 11th, 2009, 08:07 AM
trying not to freeze xeyebrowx

good luck xeekx

jlcharles
December 11th, 2009, 08:07 AM
It poured earlier this week.

jlcharles
December 11th, 2009, 08:08 AM
According to weatherchannel.com winds will be around 15mph with a wind chill around 15. Whiskey in a flask may be a good idea to keep the insides warm. And lots of layers.

jlcharles
December 11th, 2009, 08:21 AM
Great article on Szczur.

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/colleges/villanova/20091210_Villanova_s_Szczur_is_heart_of_team.html

TheTeams100
December 11th, 2009, 08:29 AM
Will be a great game. W&M's defense is legit, but I think Villanova has too much overall firepower.

VUCats02
December 11th, 2009, 08:37 AM
Szczur is a beast. The best player on the football team, and had a .681 hitting average in baseball his senior year. WOW! Too bad he won't be here his senior year next year cause he will be going pro in baseball.

theasushow
December 11th, 2009, 09:51 AM
I am going to be honest...this is the first time I have been on this thread all week. However, this is probably going to be just as good of a game as "the other" semi-final. Both teams seem evenly matched, and I think it is FAR from a given that the winner of ASU-Montana will go on to win it all. I am pumped about watching this game tonight, should be a real dogfight.

GoneTribal
December 11th, 2009, 11:01 AM
I am going to be honest...this is the first time I have been on this thread all week. However, this is probably going to be just as good of a game as "the other" semi-final. Both teams seem evenly matched, and I think it is FAR from a given that the winner of ASU-Montana will go on to win it all. I am pumped about watching this game tonight, should be a real dogfight.

this really is an AWESOME weekend for FCS football. I don't think you could have handpicked two better games. Should represent FCS very well nationally.

jlcharles
December 11th, 2009, 11:51 AM
Just over 7 hours. I can't sit still.

GoneTribal
December 11th, 2009, 11:54 AM
Just over 7 hours. I can't sit still.

tell me about it. LONGEST DAY OF WORK.....EVER!xlolx

Hoyadestroya85
December 11th, 2009, 12:34 PM
Or if W&M wins but scores on a flea flicker, and Nova outgains them but can't score in the red zone and turns the ball over too much.

That would be a fluke.

xrolleyesx Are you serious? It's not like the pick Archer threw was a terrible pick, it was a great defensive play by two different Villanova players. A flea flicker is part of football, you still have to complete the pass. Villanova was the better team that day and they won.

Pard4Life
December 11th, 2009, 12:35 PM
Looking forward to freezing tonight. I recommend bringing a cushion because those metal seats are cold and it provides some elevation from ground.

GoneTribal
December 11th, 2009, 01:01 PM
Looking forward to freezing tonight. I recommend bringing a cushion because those metal seats are cold and it provides some elevation from ground.

who the he11 is going to be sitting at this game ;)

i kid, i kid. xthumbsupx

wideright82
December 11th, 2009, 01:02 PM
Or if W&M wins but scores on a flea flicker, and Nova outgains them but can't score in the red zone and turns the ball over too much.

That would be a fluke.

You are an absolute clown.xnonono2x SCALP THE TRIBE. xanim_chaix

Hoyadestroya85
December 11th, 2009, 01:25 PM
You are an absolute clown.xnonono2x SCALP THE TRIBE. xanim_chaix

Something about that just seems wrong... And don't you mean scalp The Pugs xlolxxlolx

Philliesfan980
December 11th, 2009, 01:28 PM
I don't think Mike Kern has ever seen Sczur play baseball at Villanova. Unless I'm mistaken, he played LF exclusively last year. I don't think he played C at all, although he might have had a few innings in CF, can't remember.

I'm not really that high on Sczur in baseball. Guys like him are a dime a dozen - no power, single hitter, above average speed. He'd probably max out at AA.

GoneTribal
December 11th, 2009, 01:28 PM
here kitty kitty kitty xsmashx

Hoyadestroya85
December 11th, 2009, 01:42 PM
I don't think Mike Kern has ever seen Sczur play baseball at Villanova. Unless I'm mistaken, he played LF exclusively last year. I don't think he played C at all, although he might have had a few innings in CF, can't remember.

I'm not really that high on Sczur in baseball. Guys like him are a dime a dozen - no power, single hitter, above average speed. He'd probably max out at AA.

He was viewed as a catcher coming out of high school (he played backstop in high school.) We also can't forget that his baseball training is limited to maybe two months a year. If he was committed to baseball full time i think we would see more to tell you the truth. I think he'd be a guy who'd be a career AAA player similar to Mulvey but I think you're right, he doesn't have the WOW factor that a big league prospect possesses. He'll definitely be drafted but I think he'll have to consider whether it's more worth it to stick it out one more year and see if he has a future in football.

Philliesfan980
December 11th, 2009, 02:54 PM
He was viewed as a catcher coming out of high school (he played backstop in high school.) We also can't forget that his baseball training is limited to maybe two months a year. If he was committed to baseball full time i think we would see more to tell you the truth. I think he'd be a guy who'd be a career AAA player similar to Mulvey but I think you're right, he doesn't have the WOW factor that a big league prospect possesses. He'll definitely be drafted but I think he'll have to consider whether it's more worth it to stick it out one more year and see if he has a future in football.

You're right, he did play C in high school, I forgot about that.

I think his best bet is football. Maybe it's just because we're all caught up in the fact that Nova has made it this far, but I honestly think he could be a poor mans Wes Welker in the pro's (I know - lazy comparison, mainly because he's a short, white, scrappy/gamer type). At best, I think he can be a dangerous slot receiver in the NFL, at worst, he's a special teamer.

I don't think that Sczcur would be drafted high enough to warrant a large signing bonus, and we all know how little minor league baseball players get paid. If he flames out after a few years in the minors, he honestly might only net $150-200K out of his whole professional baseball experience.

GannonFan
December 11th, 2009, 03:32 PM
Sczur's a longshot to be an NFL player. He's a great player in terms of what he's asked to do at nova, but he's probably better as a runner than he is a receiver, and he's certainly not going to be a RB at the next level. Again, it doesn't diminish what he does in college, but he'll be lucky to be drafted in the NFL.

Philliesfan980
December 11th, 2009, 04:35 PM
Sczur's a longshot to be an NFL player. He's a great player in terms of what he's asked to do at nova, but he's probably better as a runner than he is a receiver, and he's certainly not going to be a RB at the next level. Again, it doesn't diminish what he does in college, but he'll be lucky to be drafted in the NFL.

Agreed that he won't be a RB at the next level - heck, I don't even think he's really a RB at this level (and I think he lines up in the slot more often than in the backfield).

As I said earlier, I see him being a Wes Welker type. I see no reason why he can't return kickoff's and be a 5th WR on some roster. He's got great vision and quickness (probably not a great 40 time - that might hurt him in the scouts eyes).

Hoyadestroya85
December 11th, 2009, 04:40 PM
Agreed that he won't be a RB at the next level - heck, I don't even think he's really a RB at this level (and I think he lines up in the slot more often than in the backfield).

As I said earlier, I see him being a Wes Welker type. I see no reason why he can't return kickoff's and be a 5th WR on some roster. He's got great vision and quickness (probably not a great 40 time - that might hurt him in the scouts eyes).

He'll run high 4.4s He was clocked at one point in high school at 4.3.. While I doubt that time, He seems to have a second gear once he reaches the open field, 4.4 isn't out of the question. And given his ability on special teams not only returning kicks but covering them I see no reason why he can't be a 5th receiver.

Grrrrriz
December 11th, 2009, 04:56 PM
Nova wins 28-27 on a muffed/blocked XP. You heard it here first....Bet on it. Go Nova

Philliesfan980
December 11th, 2009, 05:03 PM
He'll run high 4.4s He was clocked at one point in high school at 4.3.. While I doubt that time, He seems to have a second gear once he reaches the open field, 4.4 isn't out of the question. And given his ability on special teams not only returning kicks but covering them I see no reason why he can't be a 5th receiver.

Thinking outside the box here, but he could probably be a FS or SS at the next level too if a team is patient with him. Although he has great hands and a toughness you just can't teach, so I'm not sure why you wouldn't want him playing WR.

Now only if Whitney would improve his passing in the summer he could become a homelessman's (that's below poor man for those keeping track) Ben Rothlisburger (I know, I'm stretching with that one)

Dblue
December 11th, 2009, 05:26 PM
Someone please score in this soccer game so that we may see W&M-Nova on time. Please???xthumbsupx

P.S.

Soccer Sux

Grizaholic17
December 11th, 2009, 05:50 PM
Someone please score in this soccer game so that we may see W&M-Nova on time. Please???xthumbsupx

P.S.

Soccer Sux

I KNOW EXACTLY WHAT YOU MEAN. It's boring as hell right now!

GoneTribal
December 11th, 2009, 05:55 PM

P.S.

Soccer Sux

thank God Wake tied it up. xlolx Does anyone give a rats a$$ about the ACC soccer tourney with Akron....I mean....the College Cup.

Yot got 11 minutes effers....score already and quit playing grab a$$ ;)

Grizaholic17
December 11th, 2009, 06:05 PM
it's not looking good. looks like overtime

Tribe07
December 11th, 2009, 06:06 PM
Even with OT we should we good for an 8pm kickoff.

gbhmt
December 11th, 2009, 06:07 PM
Yeah guys, OT in soccer is just two 15 min halves. It'll be over in time.

Dblue
December 11th, 2009, 06:10 PM
it's not looking good. looks like overtime

I thought it was a 7:00 start earlier in this thread, hope I can stay awake:)

BTW, love the sig, there's an App for that. I got a chuckle.xnodx

GoneTribal
December 11th, 2009, 06:12 PM
I don't want the pre-game to get cut short though....someone score...>STAT

Philliesfan980
December 11th, 2009, 06:14 PM
This would only happen in FCS football.

When Nova was shown regularly on our local CN8 channel, I'd always miss the first 15 minutes of a 3:30 kickoff because they would cut away from a Florida 57 , Florida A&M 10 score.

Ahh, FCS football.

Philliesfan980
December 11th, 2009, 06:15 PM
Also, where are you guys seeing the soccer? Here's what I have on my local ESPN2 lineup (Philadelphia area )-

7:00 - NFL Live
7:30 - College Football Live

GoneTribal
December 11th, 2009, 06:16 PM
I HATE UVA, BUT THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU xlolxxlolxxlolx

GoneTribal
December 11th, 2009, 06:16 PM
Also, where are you guys seeing the soccer? Here's what I have on my local ESPN2 lineup (Philadelphia area )-

7:00 - NFL Live
7:30 - College Football Live
that's what we have here in the southeast, but the soccer final four game just ended in OT. UVa vs Wake, so they weren't showing NFL Live

The Moody1
December 11th, 2009, 06:24 PM

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

New to ESPN coverage of the FCS. Don't worry you will get all the pre-game coverage that they usually have.

bullseye44
December 11th, 2009, 06:27 PM

I guarantee you they spend more time talking about the ND coaching job in the pregame than the do talking about the FCS playoffs...at least we don't have to watch anymore soccer, though. xthumbsupx

GoneTribal
December 11th, 2009, 06:28 PM
:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

New to ESPN coverage of the FCS. Don't worry you will get all the pre-game coverage that they usually have.

not new to it, just 4 JD & Coke's deep alreadyxthumbsupx