PDA

View Full Version : Gridiron Classic Live Online

lc83
December 4th, 2009, 06:15 PM
Butler vs. Central Conn. St. @ 12est. on Dec. 5th.

http://www.butlersports.com/sports/m-footbl/2009-10/09gridironclassic

aceinthehole
December 5th, 2009, 09:08 AM
CCSU football fans have three different options to watch or listen to the Blue Devils in the Gridiron Classic on Saturday at 12 p.m. against Butler. The game will air on ESPN Radio 1410 live at 11:45 a.m. with Jason Page and Tom Pincince. The same audio feed will also be streamed on CCSUBlueDevils.com (subscription required). You can also watch the game online, courtesy of ButlerSports.com. The Blue Devils are going for a school-record 10th victory, they enter the game with a 9-2 overall record.

Listen Online on CCSUBlueDevils.com (http://www.ccsubluedevils.com/liveEvents/liveEvents.dbml?&DB_OEM_ID=17600)

Watch Courtesy of ButlerSports.com (http://www.butlersports.com/sports/m-footbl/2009-10/09gridironclassic)

aceinthehole
December 5th, 2009, 09:13 AM
Also, check out the extended coverage from CCSU's beat reporter Matt Straub of the New Britain Herald

He's been bloging from Indy ...
http://blogcentralnb.blogspot.com/

and has a few articles posted online.
http://www.newbritainherald.com/sports/

aceinthehole
December 5th, 2009, 11:24 AM
CCSU wins coin toss and defers.

Butler gets a first down, punts and pins CCSU on their own 1 yrd line.

Central drives 99 yards for a TD (19 plays, 10:18 minutes).

CCSU - 7
Butler - 0
2nd Q

dgreco
December 5th, 2009, 12:59 PM
just got to see the score very close game.

DFW HOYA
December 5th, 2009, 01:22 PM
Final:

Butler (PFL) 28
CCSU (NEC) 23

maristdb89
December 5th, 2009, 01:23 PM
Bulter wins 28 - 23. Great season for CCSU. Congrats to Butler and the PFL!!!!

DetroitFlyer
December 5th, 2009, 01:40 PM
If you are keeping score at home, that is PFL 3 NEC 1 in the four Gridiron Classics played. Now, which conference is getting an autobid next season...?

Just another routine day in the PFL baby! Hats off to the Bulldogs!

And just in case you have not followed Butler this year, they are one of if not the best coached team in FCS. Every week they had a great game plan, specific to the team they were playing, and every week, (except maybe one), they executed the plan extremely well.

A remarkable turnaround for a program that was on the ropes just a few short years ago.... Should be a good guide for any program that is currently struggling. Better days can be ahead....

It should also be noted that three different PFL teams have won Gridiron Classics. San Diego, Dayton and Butler. As I have said MANY times, whatever team wins the PFL in any given season is as worthy of a playoff bid as any other conference champion in FCS.

Hopefully, the PFL will receive a bid by 2012. Then we will really get to open up some eyes!

FloridaDog
December 5th, 2009, 01:46 PM
Great job Butler, way to represent the PFL again!

Larryl9797
December 5th, 2009, 01:50 PM
Hats off to Butler for playing a well executed game and thanks to the Blue Devils for another exciting season! See you at the spring scrimmage!

401ks
December 5th, 2009, 02:02 PM
Butler 28 - Central Connecticut 23

Congratulations Butler!

xhurrayx

Wow. Butler goes from 0-11 in 2005 to 11-1 in 2009!

The PFL owns the Gridiron Classic 3-1 over the NEC. (Jacksonville couldn't skate on the Albany ice rink last year. ;))

Congratulations to Butler's Head Coach Jeff Voris, the PFL Coach of the Year and his entire staff. Great job guys! xsmileyclapx

GO DAWGS!

xbeerchugx

DJOM
December 5th, 2009, 03:42 PM
Nice Job Butler. PFL should receive auto bid.

Franks Tanks
December 5th, 2009, 03:45 PM
Nice Job Butler. PFL should receive auto bid.

They might get one if that actually applied for one

DJOM
December 5th, 2009, 03:48 PM
The thoughts and actions of the PFL commissioner should not be held against it---wait, isn't that a contradiction in terms?

DetroitFlyer
December 5th, 2009, 04:05 PM
They might get one if that actually applied for one

There have been multiple reports that the PFL will apply.... The thought is that maybe we would obtain a bid by 2012.... I'm not certain how we will know if the PFL has applied, but hopefully someone will find out and let us all know for sure....

aceinthehole
December 5th, 2009, 04:37 PM
If you are keeping score at home, that is PFL 3 NEC 1 in the four Gridiron Classics played. Now, which conference is getting an autobid next season...?

Just another routine day in the PFL baby! Hats off to the Bulldogs!

And just in case you have not followed Butler this year, they are one of if not the best coached team in FCS. Every week they had a great game plan, specific to the team they were playing, and every week, (except maybe one), they executed the plan extremely well.

A remarkable turnaround for a program that was on the ropes just a few short years ago.... Should be a good guide for any program that is currently struggling. Better days can be ahead....

It should also be noted that three different PFL teams have won Gridiron Classics. San Diego, Dayton and Butler. As I have said MANY times, whatever team wins the PFL in any given season is as worthy of a playoff bid as any other conference champion in FCS.

Hopefully, the PFL will receive a bid by 2012. Then we will really get to open up some eyes!

You are 100% right. The PFL champ has been the better team 3 out of 4 years.

I would note, 3 different NEC teams have played in the GIC - CCSU, Albany, and Monmouth.

The PFL needs to promote this league. It has some good teams, good players, and good coaches.

Congrats to Butler and PFL fans.

CCSU had a great year, and I look forward to many more!

downbythebeach
December 5th, 2009, 04:46 PM
i was hoping this game was gonna be part of the NEC pickem contest. CCSU fell off big time by the end of the year I would have def picked Butler

a good year for Butler athletics

Original_RMC
December 5th, 2009, 04:58 PM
i was hoping this game was gonna be part of the NEC pickem contest. CCSU fell off big time by the end of the year I would have def picked Butler

a good year for Butler athletics

Sorry...I should have made it the final pick.

downbythebeach
December 5th, 2009, 05:11 PM
lol no prob, man
I just cant believe I choked at the end of the season

duh

mistersykes
December 6th, 2009, 12:18 AM
Congrats Butler! Big turnaround up there in just a few years!