PDA

View Full Version : SNOW in Richmond Saturday night

bigappfan10
December 3rd, 2009, 11:30 AM
Saturday:
A chance of rain and snow in the afternoon with snow showers into the evening. Cooler with highs in the upper 30's dropping into the lower 20's Saturday night. North winds 10 to 15 mph.

BRRRR Wonder if this will affect the game at all.

DFW HOYA
December 3rd, 2009, 12:17 PM
Not surprised. It briefly snowed in Dallas yesterday, and the weather is moving that way...

putter
December 3rd, 2009, 12:25 PM
sounds similar to Missoula weather...

Eight Legger
December 3rd, 2009, 12:26 PM
It won't be warm enough for the snow to accumulate. But should still make for a cool atmosphere.

APPdopted
December 3rd, 2009, 12:30 PM
It snowed during this game last year...in case anyone forgot.

Waco Kid
December 3rd, 2009, 12:30 PM
Saturday:
A chance of rain and snow in the afternoon with snow showers into the evening. Cooler with highs in the upper 30's dropping into the lower 20's Saturday night. North winds 10 to 15 mph.

BRRRR Wonder if this will affect the game at all.

Hey if we can't play in Boone we might as well do the next best thing and bring Boone with us.

Lots of crazy Apps fans... Check
Band... Check
Snow... maybe!!!

WVAPPmountaineer
December 3rd, 2009, 12:34 PM
It snowed during this game last year...in case anyone forgot.

I don't remember the snow in the Richmond game last year - I do remember it in the Elon game last season and does anyone remember the freezing rain/sheet against So Ill in 05? - the bleachers and walkways were covered with ice - now that was a nasty weather night ----

The Moody1
December 3rd, 2009, 12:35 PM
It won't be warm enough for the snow to accumulate.

How warm does it need to be for the snow to accumulate? xsmiley_wix

WVAPPmountaineer
December 3rd, 2009, 12:40 PM
How warm does it need to be for the snow to accumulate? xsmiley_wix

I'm sure he meant to say the ground has been to warm for the snow to accumulate - could be the first sign of nervousness on the Spiders part???? xlolx

wideright82
December 3rd, 2009, 12:44 PM
I'm sure he meant to say the ground has been to warm for the snow to accumulate - could be the first sign of nervousness on the Spiders part???? xlolx

I'm taking APP in all bets now xlolxxlolx

Saint3333
December 3rd, 2009, 12:52 PM
Snow and a sloppy field should benefit UR as they arguably have better line play.

Should make special teams live up to its name though, which is bad for both teams.

State Line Liquors
December 3rd, 2009, 01:34 PM
Lots of crazy Apps fans... Check

Let's not put a check mark next to this one until everyone has taken their seats at the stadium. Just yesterday people were discussing how App had sold half their alottment. For now, let's go with 'Crazy Apps fans....Check'

Skjellyfetti
December 3rd, 2009, 01:43 PM
Let's not put a check mark next to this one until everyone has taken their seats at the stadium. Just yesterday people were discussing how App had sold half their alottment. For now, let's go with 'Crazy Apps fans....Check'

That was from an article published Tuesday or Wednesday with a quote from our ticket office from Monday or Tuesday. We should be bringing 5-6k.

State Line Liquors
December 3rd, 2009, 02:21 PM
We should be bringing 5-6k.

'should' - operative word

This game deserves good attendance, regardless of weather.

kdinva
December 3rd, 2009, 02:27 PM
I recall the opening game in either 1999 or 2000, VMI @ UR, played during a monster of a downpour (tropical depression passing thru), and UR still had approx. 6,000 to 7,000 there (VMI had approx 3,000). Given that, I expect UR to have at least 8,000 there Saturday night.

BigHouseClosedEnd
December 3rd, 2009, 02:45 PM
That was from an article published Tuesday or Wednesday with a quote from our ticket office from Monday or Tuesday. We should be bringing 5-6k.

ASU has sent back between 500 and 1000 of the 3000 tickets we sent to Boone. They didn't even need the additional 2000 we had set aside.

My source cited the fact that the game is now on tv in Boone as the reason. Wow.

BigHouseClosedEnd
December 3rd, 2009, 02:47 PM
In addition, total attendance expected to be around 12000, given the weather and the fact that the game will now be on TV.

Skjellyfetti
December 3rd, 2009, 02:50 PM
My source says App is bringing 10k+

heathroe2
December 3rd, 2009, 02:59 PM
I will be there with a good contingent of NOVA APP peeps!xbeerchugx

Eight Legger
December 3rd, 2009, 03:00 PM
ASU has sent back between 500 and 1000 of the 3000 tickets we sent to Boone. They didn't even need the additional 2000 we had set aside.

My source cited the fact that the game is now on tv in Boone as the reason. Wow.

Daniel Boone would be ashamed.

Waco Kid
December 3rd, 2009, 03:08 PM
OK so we will have around 3,000 (lots of fans went through UR ticket office) fans at the game. How many other visiting schools bring that many fans for a televised game with snow in forecast? Also don't forget most App fans are driving between 4 and 6 hours to make it to Richmond. We need to have more, but it will still be an impressive turnout.

How many Spider fans do you guys think will show up for a game in the snow? A game like this deserves 20k+ fans but we all know that won't happen.

BigHouseClosedEnd
December 3rd, 2009, 03:12 PM
OK so we will have around 3,000 (lots of fans went through UR ticket office) fans at the game. How many other visiting schools bring that many fans for a televised game with snow in forecast? Also don't forget most App fans are driving between 4 and 6 hours to make it to Richmond. We need to have more, but it will still be an impressive turnout.

How many Spider fans do you guys think will show up for a game in the snow? A game like this deserves 20k+ fans but we all know that won't happen.

Based on the numbers I shared above, I would guess 8-9000 Spider fans.

Commitment of App Fans to have 3000 there is impressive ... Just saying it won't be the 7-8000 that several have been puffing their chests out about all week. xpeacex

AppStsGr8
December 3rd, 2009, 07:11 PM
I'm hoping we have more App fans than just 3k. I know some students will have a tough time making the trip with exams next week. I've got four students coming with me who are wiped out from all the presentations and papers due this last week of the semester. They're taking a break before exams to cheer on their Mountaineers.

SpiderSafety75
December 3rd, 2009, 08:05 PM
Looking at the weather forecasts, i'm afraid I might have to pass. It kills me to think of it, but I have to sing for a couple hundred people the next day in a show i've been working on for months - and I have another smaller one on Tuesday. I can't afford to be sitting in cold AND rain. Was already going to be bad enough not being able to cheer. I have my season seats waiting at will call on Saturday, but I'll also be 3 hours away, so it's not like I can just go at the last minute if the storm does pass through (currently Weather.com still calls for 60% precip on Sat night, down from 90% up till 2 PM.)

Major major bummer. I guess the Elon game was my last one at City Stadium. Sigh.

Let's hope there's some change, but this sounds like it's going to be pretty crappy out there. Only the die-hard locals are going to come out for this one, i'm afraid. That's a real pity.

AppMan
December 3rd, 2009, 09:26 PM

I suspect the weather had more to do with it than anything else. The Eloan game was on Tv and that didn't deter the App Nation from showing up. I can't wait for the Snow Bowl.

caribbeanhen
December 4th, 2009, 06:28 AM
It won't be warm enough for the snow to accumulate. But should still make for a cool atmosphere.

and surely many drunk ASU fans will leave lots of yellow holes in the snowxlolx

tribe_pride
December 4th, 2009, 06:42 AM
Snow usually helps the northernmost school more, right? :D

JMU2K_DukeDawg
December 4th, 2009, 07:06 AM
A wild card is the amount of casual fans as well. My guess is another 1-2K of Richmond people (not necessarily fans) will show up. A lot of JMU fans might go check it out since these are two of our biggest rivals facing off. A lot of Tribe folks in the area not going to that game might check it out too, especially if the Tribe wins against SIU. And then there are just some crazy people who might want to see a game in the snow in Richmond (that might be like 20 people in that city sadly).

My guess is total attendance will be in the 10-12K range as many are guessing on here. 60-40 in favor of Richmond regarding the crowd.

jedmis10
December 4th, 2009, 07:58 AM
[QUOTE=caribbeanhen;1485677]and surely many drunk ASU fans will leave lots of yellow holes in the snowxlolx[/QUOTE

Seen any drunk hens down on Condado beaches?:D

caribbeanhen
December 4th, 2009, 08:17 AM
[QUOTE=caribbeanhen;1485677]and surely many drunk ASU fans will leave lots of yellow holes in the snowxlolx[/QUOTE

Seen any drunk hens down on Condado beaches?:D

sure, standing in waist deep ocean water with a cold beer in one hand and no yellow evidence left behind

2xspyder
December 4th, 2009, 09:27 AM
Now it appears the weather only calls for rain...scattered, but 90% chance.
Bring your ponchos...no umbrellas allowed.

Saint3333
December 4th, 2009, 10:06 AM
and surely many drunk ASU fans will leave lots of yellow holes in the snowxlolx

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ej3g-cUIXu4

What's that saying about glass houses and stones?xlolx

Skjellyfetti
December 4th, 2009, 10:11 AM

xlmaoxxlmaoxxlmaoxxlmaoxxlmaox

http://cdnet.myxer.com/tn/c/148001/big/?t=20080228144220

89Hen
December 4th, 2009, 10:20 AM
Not surprised. It briefly snowed in Dallas yesterday, and the weather is moving that way...
I think this one is actually coming up the coast again. xpeacex

caribbeanhen
December 4th, 2009, 10:35 AM

xlolxxlolx

I think he's actually being greeted by an ASU cheerleaderxnodx