UR

GannonFan
December 3rd, 2009, 11:00 AM
W&M
UNH
UR

GoneTribal
December 3rd, 2009, 11:23 AM
I think we have every combination covered, so one of us is bound to be right. xlolx

JMU Newbill
December 3rd, 2009, 11:35 AM
W&M @ #3 SIU

UNH @ #2 UV

ASU @ #4 UR

Can't go undefeated this weekxbawlingx. 3-1 sounds good thoughxthumbsupx

DISCUSS!!!

I disagree. The CAA will go 4-0 this week. Just watch. xpeacex

WrenFGun
December 3rd, 2009, 12:00 PM
W&M
UNH
ASU

ccd494
December 3rd, 2009, 12:12 PM
WM
Villanova
Richmond

UNHWildCats
December 3rd, 2009, 12:15 PM
I disagree. The CAA will go 4-0 this week. Just watch. xpeacex
Someone on UNH will be called out for a handball to cost Villanova the game and the NCAA will allow both teams in the Semi's xlolxxlolxxlolx

Dukie95
December 3rd, 2009, 12:19 PM
WM
Villanova
Richmond

what he said

wideright82
December 3rd, 2009, 12:43 PM
Someone on UNH will be called out for a handball to cost Villanova the game and the NCAA will allow both teams in the Semi's xlolxxlolxxlolx

and since Montana can't win a championship anymore they'll just replace them making it an all CAA Semis. PERFECT! xthumbsupx

UncleSam
December 3rd, 2009, 12:52 PM
SIU

UNH

ASU

The exact opposite would be correct.

art vandelay
December 3rd, 2009, 02:10 PM
I couldn't help but notice that no one is predicting scores. seems everyone thinks it will be to close to call.

Spider
December 3rd, 2009, 02:20 PM
UR, NOVA, W&M

jmufan999
December 3rd, 2009, 03:06 PM
call me a conspiracy theorist, but i believe UR being placed as the #4 seed was not an accident. they wanted to avoid a Nova-UR semifinal. i think if they had truly seeded 1-4 in terms of best to worst, i think they would have put UR above SIU. just an opinion. i'm not saying SIU isn't good, although i'm sure someone will read into that.

anyway, i can't say i blame the committee, if my theory is correct. it's actually a clever move. oh, and i have all 3 CAA teams winning this week, in addition to montana.

iceman4221
December 3rd, 2009, 04:18 PM
W&M @ #3 SIU

UNH @ #2 UV

ASU @ #4 UR

Can't go undefeated this weekxbawlingx. 3-1 sounds good thoughxthumbsupx

DISCUSS!!!

Any Questions?!?! xlolx

LeadBolt
December 3rd, 2009, 04:21 PM
UR
VILL
W&M Heart over head...

WrenFGun
December 3rd, 2009, 04:22 PM
ASU 17, Richmond 16
UNH 19, Villanova 17
W&M 10, SIU 6

WrenFGun
December 3rd, 2009, 04:23 PM
...oh, and Montana 120, SFA 117. :)

FCS_pwns_FBS
December 3rd, 2009, 04:47 PM
Appie
UNH
SIU

Tribe07
December 3rd, 2009, 10:57 PM
Chattanooga Coach Russ Huesman: "I shouldn't talk this way because I am involved with the Southern Conference, but to see a William and Mary-Richmond game in the championship would be unbelievable."

dsbsh
December 4th, 2009, 03:10 AM
ASU 20 UR 17
NOVA 24 UNH 21 (head over heart, as I'd love another game in Williamsburg)
W&M 66 SIU 10 (head says 21-20 SIU, heart says 10-10 game into the 4th quarter, then the Tribe scores 8 unanswered TDs in final 10 min)xeekx

caribbeanhen
December 4th, 2009, 06:20 AM
Tie
Richmond
W&M

tribe_pride
December 4th, 2009, 06:45 AM
ASU 20 UR 17
NOVA 24 UNH 21 (head over heart, as I'd love another game in Williamsburg)
W&M 66 SIU 10 (head says 21-20 SIU, heart says 10-10 game into the 4th quarter, then the Tribe scores 8 unanswered TDs in final 10 min)xeekx

Did you watch the Tribe-Delaware playoff game in 2004 or something?

bluehenbillk
December 4th, 2009, 07:10 AM
Nova squeaks by UNH
UNH had a big lead on Nova on one of their worst-played games of the year & still almost lost

ASU by a TD or less over UR
UR is not explosive & granted ASU is down & hurt, every game the Spiders play is close, comes back to bite them.

W&M by a TD or less over SIU
I originally had this game the other way around, as I think SIU may be the best FCS team out there, but we're past the 1st round, and the CAA's track record against SIU's league come this time of year is stellar.

th0m
December 4th, 2009, 07:21 AM
Nova
UR
SIU

jmu007
December 4th, 2009, 08:10 AM
NH
UR
W&M

UNH makes it 2 in a row over 'Nova and the rest all hold on for close wins.

GoneTribal
December 4th, 2009, 08:47 AM
gotta be honest, I think I would rather see Nova again then UNH right now.

caribbeanhen
December 4th, 2009, 09:41 AM
gotta be honest, I think I would rather see Nova again then UNH right now.

I think you'll get Nova

GoneTribal
December 4th, 2009, 09:48 AM
I think you'll get Nova

deep down I do too. I think if UNH does win, they end up in Chatty though.

UNH Fanboi
December 4th, 2009, 09:50 AM

xeekx

Saint3333
December 4th, 2009, 09:54 AM
ASU 17, Richmond 16
UNH 19, Villanova 17
W&M 10, SIU 6

Man these are going to be good games, too close to call. Can I take the over in all these games instead?

WrenFGun
December 4th, 2009, 10:28 AM
xeekx

Agreed!

wideright82
December 4th, 2009, 10:35 AM

Funny that's what I think about W&Mxnodx

Wildcat80
December 4th, 2009, 10:52 AM
Appie
UNH
SIU

With snow predicted at 2 games gotta go with the North winner and the Mountain men. xsmiley_wix

sluki86
December 4th, 2009, 11:29 AM
I think you'll get Nova

I think you'll get nothing and like it. xnodx

yorkcountyUNHfan
December 4th, 2009, 11:31 AM
I think you'll get nothing and like it. xnodx

xlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolx xlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolx
Caddy Shack

sluki86
December 4th, 2009, 11:33 AM
When we win, we want UNH at home again. Time for some payback!

SpidersSportsEditor
December 4th, 2009, 12:52 PM
I'll take Nova, W&M, and UR, though I have to say I think my Spiders are the most likely to get knocked off.

Nova 24 UNH 10
Richmond 20 App 14
W&M 17 SIU 10

Eight Legger
December 4th, 2009, 01:29 PM
Nova 35, UNH 31
UR 24, App State 21
W&M 31, Southern Illinois 14

UNH72Plus
December 4th, 2009, 01:58 PM
When we win, we want UNH at home again. Time for some payback!

Be careful what you wish for! Just ask McNeese State.

The weather is looking pretty bleak. Weather.com is predicting temps in the thirties, 10-20 mph winds from the north, and 80% chance of rain/snow through 8:00PM. I'd have to guess that favors Nova's running game over our passing attack. Maybe the "north" wind is a good omen.

My wimpy decision to watch on comcast rather than make the trek to Philly is looking better and better.

JMUNJ08
December 4th, 2009, 02:06 PM
Last week 4-0. This week 3-1? Definitely possible with us going AT LEAST 2-2 IMO. But whose championship dreams don't hold water????

W&M @ #3 SIU

Both teams are coming off BIG wins in the first round. W&M quickly dismissed a supposed game team in Weber St. and SIU sent EIU packing in the right direction back home. W&M has only 2 losses to the #2 & 4 seeded teams in the playoffs and SIU is undefeated in FCS play. SIU defeated SDSU and UNI while W&M took down UVA & UNH. This looks to be a great battle with the edge going to W&M after having more CLOSE tough games to get their first road playoff win (really???)

W&M 27 - SIU 23

UNH @ #2 UV

Nova for the second year in a row gets a CAA rematch in the 2nd round. Last year they were handed their second loss of the season at the hands of JMU. However, this year they don't get a team as dominant and this game is @ home. UNH looked mighty impressive on the road AGAIN in the playoffs dismantling a team that went to "The Rock" and beat ASU @ THEIR OWN PLACE! This should be another great battle. Both teams deserve to get to the semi's and even finals after years of falling just short. My head says UNH but my heart is with the wildcats (which one????) NOVA by a missed PAT.

UNH 20 - Nova 21

ASU @ #4 UR

"The Trilogy", "The GOTW", "Battle to host SFA" (Poke Poke Grizxsmiley_wix) whatever you want to call it. This game comes down to one position and 2 players: AE & Ward. Ward CANNOT throw 3 picks this week and expect UR to pull it out. AE CANNOT be as limited as he was against SCST. If Ward doesn't turn it over and throws a TD or two UR wins. If AE can find some running room and stay in the game without hobbling, ASU wins. The weather will be to ASU's liking more than UR but its still @ UR where they are comfortable. This should be ANOTHER great battle. I'm giving the edge to UR as their defense stops AE and those 'Neers on the final GW drive.

ASU24 - UR 28

jlcharles
December 4th, 2009, 03:23 PM
Tomorrow is going to be fun standing by myself in the snow. I anticipate freezing my rear off. Thank God we're a running team.

caribbeanhen
December 4th, 2009, 07:02 PM
I think SIU get's nothing and I like it. xnodx

Agree

W&M 28
SIU 0

soccerguy315
December 4th, 2009, 07:47 PM
CAA could easily go anywhere from 1-3 to 3-1, IMO. I think all the teams left are capable of winning it all, with the exception of SFA.

ViennaSpider
December 4th, 2009, 08:23 PM
W&M
Villanova
Richmond
(Fourth, non-CAA selection: The team from Nacogdoches in a huge upset.)

dsbsh
December 4th, 2009, 08:41 PM
Did you watch the Tribe-Delaware playoff game in 2004 or something?
Listened to part of it. But there were some great shootouts between the two back when I was able to go to Tribe games (until '99). Now we live too far away. (But we still get to see some great college football. Want to see some great but unknown players? Watch the D2 semifinal game tomorrow night on CBS College Sports.)

Husky4Life
December 4th, 2009, 08:51 PM
W&M
UR
UNH

I'm debating paying for gameplan even though I have ESPN360

JMU-MRD-DAD
December 4th, 2009, 09:00 PM
I would love to see all of these games.

I'm not saying Montana is a gimme, but I do expect them to win.

I'll go with Nova in a close one, W&M by 17.

I am on the fence with ASU-UR.....wet conditions...turnover may decide the outcome. I will have to go with the home team....but game could go either way.

WrenFGun
December 4th, 2009, 09:04 PM
I don't really think SIU is getting a lot of respect.

I personally think W&M is a tougher team that has played a slate of more credible opponents (UD, 'Nova, UNH, UD, JMU, Virginia as opposed to UNI, SDSU and Marshall) but it is extremely difficult to win on the road, and SIU is really, really fast. I suspect you won't be wowed by any aspect of their game but when it comes to the 4th I'd be shocked if they're not in it.

Husky4Life
December 4th, 2009, 09:21 PM

I personally think W&M is a tougher team that has played a slate of more credible opponents (UD, 'Nova, UNH, UD, JMU, Virginia as opposed to UNI, SDSU and Marshall) but it is extremely difficult to win on the road, and SIU is really, really fast. I suspect you won't be wowed by any aspect of their game but when it comes to the 4th I'd be shocked if they're not in it.

I would buy this argument in most cases. But they did go to Charlottesville and lay down a whipping. So I think the intimidation factor is out the window here.

VT Wildcat Fan53
December 4th, 2009, 09:33 PM
W&M 38 @ #3 SIU 17. xsmiley_wix W&M may be the best underappreciated team in the nation! The Tribe DL is FBS-calibre in talent and proves it once again vs a talented Saluki 11.

UNH 31 @ #2 UV 21. xthumbsupx There is NO way that UNH can win in most experts' eyes.... just what Coach Mac and his band want to hear. 2 returning DT's and Kackert are difference makers.

ASU 27 @ #4 UR 21 (OT). xeekx It pains me to report that AE is far from giving up his huge impact on FCS football! Spidahs hang tough (as they always do!), but AE runs in for winning TD in 2nd OT.

dsbsh
December 4th, 2009, 11:25 PM

Agree. I hope I'm wrong, but I worry that the Tribe doesn't have enough firepower on offense. The further you get in the playoffs, the better teams are against the run, and I don't know if our passing game stretches the field enough to keep the other top teams honest. That defense can at least slow any offense, but we're probably going to need more than 3 TDs from here on.

soccerguy315
December 4th, 2009, 11:37 PM
if W&M brings their 'A' offense they will have a good chance to win. Bringing their 'B' offense (like we have seen a lot this season, including the first half last week) is not going to cut it.

back2back
December 5th, 2009, 12:05 AM
James Madison makes is 3 for 3 and drops football!

th0m
December 5th, 2009, 02:13 AM
James Madison makes is 3 for 3 and drops football!

Our AD are some cunning mofo's letting us believe they are "expanding" the stadium when they are just tearing it down for good xbawlingx

LeadBolt
December 5th, 2009, 06:08 AM

I think you are correct. I don't think this one will be decided until late and will be close.

GeeWiz
December 5th, 2009, 07:24 AM
W&M 28 @ SIU 21 - I just think the Tribe have the moxie on offense to pull out a "W"

UNH 27 @ 'Nova 38 - Wanted to pick UNH, but I'll take the Philly 'cats at home

Appy St. 28 @ UR 35 - I'm picking the Spidahs all the way unitl they lose

93henfan
December 5th, 2009, 08:23 AM
W&M 24 @ #3 SIU 17

UNH 14 @ #2 VU 28

ASU 27 @ #4 UR 28

Bettina90
December 5th, 2009, 10:24 AM
I will sneak some predictions in under the wire:

W&M 23, SIU 9. SIU has trouble moving the ball, let alone scoring, will need some turnover help to have a chance to win.

Nova 27, UNH 23. UNH scores last so this one not quite as close as it might look. Hard fought battle on both sides that Nova pulls off at home.

App State 23, Richmond 20. Would love to be wrong but I am just not feeling the Spiders offensive rythym this year and they are due to lose a heartbreaker. Caveat: If AE is hobbled and the Spiders can tee off on him they could win in a semi-rout.

AND:

Montana wins the B Flight with a 38-23 win over SFA.

iceman4221
December 5th, 2009, 10:51 AM
xbeerchugx
Originally Posted by JMUNJ08
W&M @ #3 SIU

Both defenses have held their own all season, making this matchup about which offense can be most effective. But William & Mary's offensive balance with Archer could tip the game the Tribe's way.

WILLIAM & MARY 24, SOUTHERN ILLINOIS 14 xnonox

UNH @ #2 UV

Villanova could be the most well-balanced team in FCS this season and with the decline of UNH's defense, should be able to make its first semifinal appearance since 2002.

VILLANOVA 28, NEW HAMPSHIRE 20 xbeerchugx

ASU @ #4 UR

This game hinges on Edwards' health. If he is mobile and can both run and throw it will keep the Richmond defense honest and ASU should prevail.

APPALACHIAN STATE 27, RICHMOND 21 xbeerchugx

Can't go undefeated this week. 3-1 sounds good though

DISCUSS!!!

Montana over Stephen F Austin completes the discussion...

Both teams are clearly explosive on offense, but the lack of SFA's rushing attack could provide a disadvantage for the Lumberjacks.

MONTANA 44, STEPHEN F. AUSTIN 34 xbeerchugx

The Sportsnetwork take on the weekend games are expressed in red and/or blue letters and numbers... I agree with the Sportsnetwork Pundit in every case except the SIU versus WM game...

caribbeanhen
December 5th, 2009, 04:49 PM
Agree

W&M 28
SIU 0

darn:o:o
just when you think you got this game figured out and something like this comes out of leftfield,

JMUNJ08
December 5th, 2009, 05:27 PM
darn:o:o
just when you think you got this game figured out and something like this comes out of leftfield,

xbowxxbowxxbowx

Bettina 2

JMUNJ08
December 5th, 2009, 11:29 PM
Last week 4-0. This week 3-1? Definitely possible with us going AT LEAST 2-2 IMO. But whose championship dreams don't hold water????

W&M @ #3 SIU

Both teams are coming off BIG wins in the first round. W&M quickly dismissed a supposed game team in Weber St. and SIU sent EIU packing in the right direction back home. W&M has only 2 losses to the #2 & 4 seeded teams in the playoffs and SIU is undefeated in FCS play. SIU defeated SDSU and UNI while W&M took down UVA & UNH. This looks to be a great battle with the edge going to W&M after having more CLOSE tough games to get their first road playoff win (really???)

W&M 27 - SIU 23xthumbsupx

UNH @ #2 UV

Nova for the second year in a row gets a CAA rematch in the 2nd round. Last year they were handed their second loss of the season at the hands of JMU. However, this year they don't get a team as dominant and this game is @ home. UNH looked mighty impressive on the road AGAIN in the playoffs dismantling a team that went to "The Rock" and beat ASU @ THEIR OWN PLACE! This should be another great battle. Both teams deserve to get to the semi's and even finals after years of falling just short. My head says UNH but my heart is with the wildcats (which one????) NOVA by a missed PAT.

UNH 20 - Nova 21xthumbsupx

ASU @ #4 UR

"The Trilogy", "The GOTW", "Battle to host SFA" (Poke Poke Grizxsmiley_wix) whatever you want to call it. This game comes down to one position and 2 players: AE & Ward. Ward CANNOT throw 3 picks this week and expect UR to pull it out. AE CANNOT be as limited as he was against SCST. If Ward doesn't turn it over and throws a TD or two UR wins. If AE can find some running room and stay in the game without hobbling, ASU wins. The weather will be to ASU's liking more than UR but its still @ UR where they are comfortable. This should be ANOTHER great battle. I'm giving the edge to UR as their defense stops AE and those 'Neers on the final GW drive.

ASU24 - UR 28xoopsx I had the last GW drive part right....

GeeWiz
December 6th, 2009, 12:00 AM
App State 23, Richmond 20. Would love to be wrong but I am just not feeling the Spiders offensive rythym this year and they are due to lose a heartbreaker.

Wow. Took a lot to make that call - but you nailed it.

Great season for UR.

Bettina90
December 6th, 2009, 12:09 AM
Yeah, I (unfortunately) pretty much nailed the games. Didn't account for the snow at Nova even though I live locally.