PDA

View Full Version : Pete Richardson has been told he can seek other opportunities

bluedog
December 3rd, 2009, 08:02 AM
Richardson gets OK to inquire if offers arise
With one year remaining on his contract, Southern University football coach Pete Richardson met Wednesday morning with Athletic Director Greg LaFleur and Chancellor Kofi Lomotey, who gave the coach permission to pursue other opportunities at the end of this season — if those opportunities SOURCE (http://www.2theadvocate.com/sports/southern/featured/78388767.html)

Video (http://www.wafb.com/Global/category.asp?C=4183&nav=menu57_4)

jstate83
December 3rd, 2009, 09:11 AM
Ok Jag fans.
He not fired, (but ya'll know how shat works), but they not standing in his way.
Will he be back or not in 2010?

SU opens the door for Coach Pete Richardson..........READ. (http://www.2theadvocate.com/sports/southern/featured/78388767.html)

Video (http://www.wafb.com/Global/category.asp?C=4183&nav=menu57_4)

bluedog
December 3rd, 2009, 09:17 AM
I've already have a thread on the article 83. Will a mod please merge this to the thread that has already been started?

jstate83
December 3rd, 2009, 09:20 AM
I've already have a thread on the article 83. Will a mod please merge this to the thread that has already been started?

xthumbsupx Blue.

mikebigg
December 3rd, 2009, 10:31 AM
Pete is sitting in the catbird's seat... he can collect his salary at SU for next season and wait until an opening comes available somewhere else as either the head guy or as an assistant.

As a Grambling fan, I'm loving the fact that he's going into 2010 as a lame duck coach as we can use this (as others will) to tell recruits that they risk signing with Pete but not knowing who they will play for in 2011.

jstate83
December 3rd, 2009, 10:41 AM
Pete is sitting in the catbird's seat... he can collect his salary at SU for next season and wait until an opening comes available somewhere else as either the head guy or as an assistant.

As a Grambling fan, I'm loving the fact that he's going into 2010 as a lame duck coach as we can use this (as others will) to tell recruits that they risk signing with Pete but not knowing who they will play for in 2011.

Now that's Louisana GANGSTA.....xlolx

But you right.
Pete is setting pretty cause he can come back and collect his money and then leave next year.
Or he can call their bluff and leave now for a new start.
It's entirely up to him since he's not fired.

bluedog
December 3rd, 2009, 12:40 PM

That didn't work out to good for you the year we brought him in did it Mike? xlolx

SU Jag
December 3rd, 2009, 07:02 PM
The Pete Richardson that was on the sideline Saturday is not the same Pete Richardson that I played for. It seems as if coach has lost it a bit.xsmhx

3rd Coast Tiger
December 3rd, 2009, 07:07 PM
I'll be the judge of that Saturday. xsmiley_wix

SUjagTILLiDIE
December 3rd, 2009, 07:48 PM
I'll be the judge of that Saturday. xsmiley_wix

You might be the only person there xlolx . The Jag fans are Pete-cotting. The Jukebox isnt coming either.

McNeese75
December 3rd, 2009, 11:02 PM
Honestly, who would want him???? xcoolx

3rd Coast Tiger
December 4th, 2009, 10:01 AM
You might be the only person there xlolx . The Jag fans are Pete-cotting. The Jukebox isnt coming either.

You all said that about the Jackson game but y'all did. There are so many Southern alums living in the Metro Houston area that it's unreal. As soon as y'all cross that stage with degree in hand the car is aiming West on Interstate 10 or 20 to Dallas. Let's be real.

There's enough Southern alumni in Houston to make up for the Baton Rouge crew who won't be coming. Believe that!