PDA

View Full Version : Payton Finalists - Who wins? Pick

Go Apps
December 2nd, 2009, 03:00 PM
Got to go to Edwards

ASUG8
December 2nd, 2009, 03:04 PM
Better done as a poll - I'll take Edwards also. The tendency has been to go with QB's, and with the records AE set this season I think it's his to lose. Certainly not disparaging the accomplishments of the other candidates.

DLS
December 2nd, 2009, 03:11 PM
in the bag

Killsback
December 2nd, 2009, 03:28 PM
Karim "The Dream"!

skinny_uncle
December 2nd, 2009, 03:28 PM
Dunno.
If SIU makes it farther in the playoffs than App, I think Deji Karim has a shot.

biggie
December 2nd, 2009, 03:30 PM
Dunno.
If SIU makes it farther in the playoffs than App, I think Deji Karim has a shot.
Voting is over, only regular season counts.

PhoenixPhan06
December 2nd, 2009, 03:54 PM
Hudgins

'neers80
December 2nd, 2009, 04:05 PM
any non homer picks?

im a homer as well!

Hoyadestroya85
December 2nd, 2009, 04:12 PM
I'm not a homer for any but here's how I would have voted (in the original poll)
1. Edwards
2. Randolph
3. Hudgins

so my answer is edwards

SideLine Shooter
December 2nd, 2009, 04:24 PM
AE is the ONLY answer for the question.xnodxxnodxxnodxxthumbsupx

ASU_Fanatic
December 2nd, 2009, 04:25 PM
AE

19Duke97
December 2nd, 2009, 04:27 PM
AE wins the Payton, but Randolph has a better chance of playing QB on Sunday's.

grizzpaw
December 2nd, 2009, 04:31 PM
i'm no homer in this and i HATE siu so for me to say deji karim ouch!
and deji will also!

Skjellyfetti
December 2nd, 2009, 04:58 PM

xlolx

It's hard for some people to say anything positive about AE without throwing something negative into it. What does the NFL have to do with anything? xrotatehx

The Moody1
December 2nd, 2009, 07:12 PM

He has a better chance than this chump. xsmiley_wix

Rodney Landers (born May 13, 1986) is an American football player. He played college football as the starting quarterback for the James Madison Dukes of James Madison University (JMU). He was not selected in the 2009 NFL Draft, where due to his speed and flexibility he had been considered a potential defensive back, running back, wide receiver, or quarterback prospect. He is currently signed with the Richmond Revolution of the Indoor Football League.

siuham
December 2nd, 2009, 07:20 PM
AE will win.

Is that necessarily the correct choice? Arguments for all three are equal at the least.

ASU3481
December 2nd, 2009, 08:05 PM
Armanti!!! what he has done in 9 games this season is nothing short of AMAZING!!!!

PhoenixMan
December 2nd, 2009, 08:07 PM
xbowxxbowxxbowxxbowxxbowxxbowx Did someone say something about which one has the best chance to play on Sundays? See Below....

GoneTribal
December 2nd, 2009, 08:14 PM
AE

Hoyadestroya85
December 2nd, 2009, 08:28 PM
xbowxxbowxxbowxxbowxxbowxxbowx Did someone say something about which one has the best chance to play on Sundays? See Below....

What position will he play? Terrell Hudgins like it or not Elon fans is a carbon copy of Ernest Wilford (except an inch shorter and according to things I've heard, a bit slower.) Wilford was great in college, but couldn't seperate from NFL defensive backs.

PhoenixPhan
December 2nd, 2009, 08:31 PM
What position will he play? Terrell Hudgins like it or not Elon fans is a carbon copy of Ernest Wilford (except an inch shorter and according to things I've heard, a bit slower.) Wilford was great in college, but couldn't seperate from NFL defensive backs.

Ummm I do believe that Hudgins broke a few records set by someone who did quite well in the NFL...maybe you've heard of him?

Hoyadestroya85
December 2nd, 2009, 08:40 PM
You mean the greatest wide receiver in history? If you're going to talk about breaking records as your measuring stick, then would you rather have Timmy Chang play quarterback for your team or Peyton Manning? Or would you rather have Adrian Peterson (GSU) or Brian Westbrook? Records indicate someones greatness in college but in the NFL, speed means everything and unless he's the greatest route runner since Jerry Rice, he's going to have a problem because frankly, he's a tweener.

PhoenixMan
December 2nd, 2009, 09:03 PM
The thing about T. Hudgins is that he shows up every game, gives an all out effort, and makes big plays. Is he the fastest guy on the field? No. Is he the tallest? No. Certain guys have "it", and "it" goes beyond tangibles like height and speed. The consitency and ability to make plays when Elon needed a TD or first down is the reason he has "it". Consisteny is the reason he has broken all those records shown below. All those NCAA Div. 1 career records, the most ever in ALL of college football at any level. Tweener my a$$ But, AE wins this award, and he should.

CatFan22
December 2nd, 2009, 10:37 PM
When will the 3 Buchanan finalists be released?

whoanellie
December 2nd, 2009, 10:38 PM

thank you for posting this as evidence

whoanellie
December 2nd, 2009, 10:40 PM
The thing about T. Hudgins is that he shows up every game, gives an all out effort, and makes big plays. Is he the fastest guy on the field? No. Is he the tallest? No. Certain guys have "it", and "it" goes beyond tangibles like height and speed. The consitency and ability to make plays when Elon needed a TD or first down is the reason he has "it". Consisteny is the reason he has broken all those records shown below. All those NCAA Div. 1 career records, the most ever in ALL of college football at any level. Tweener my a$$ But, AE wins this award, and he should. thank you skip holtz for trying to make a linebacker out of T-Mobile

JMU Newbill
December 3rd, 2009, 06:10 AM
The only thing I will say, is that it is very hard for ASU fans to look at this season as opposed to the body of work. The same can be said for Elon fans and Hudgins.

The Payton award is for what they did this season, not overall in their career. Both men have impressive stats for their FCS careers, no doubt about that.

The question is, who had the most impressive season?

I really think AE missing time (IMO) hurts him. To me, an "MVP" plays every down or pretty darn close to it. I'm not saying its AE's fault, or taking anything away from him, but to me that's part of the characteristic of the award. When you are comparing apples and oranges (qb vs. wr), you have to look for commonalities and not just compare stats. Stats reflect systems as much as they do individual performance.

So yea, I'd vote for Hudgins, but that's just my two JMU cents.... not worth much.

Appstate03
December 3rd, 2009, 06:36 AM
The only thing I will say, is that it is very hard for ASU fans to look at this season as opposed to the body of work. The same can be said for Elon fans and Hudgins.

The Payton award is for what they did this season, not overall in their career. Both men have impressive stats for their FCS careers, no doubt about that.

I really think AE missing time (IMO) hurts him. To me, an "MVP" plays every down or pretty darn close to it. I'm not saying its AE's fault, or taking anything away from him, but to me that's part of the characteristic of the award. When you are comparing apples and oranges (qb vs. wr), you have to look for commonalities and not just compare stats. Stats reflect systems as much as they do individual performance.

So yea, I'd vote for Hudgins, but that's just my two JMU cents.... not worth much.

Your definition of MVP is incorrect. Most valuable means the team would not be nearly as good without that person. Do you think App would have been as good without Armanti. Most likely they wouldn't have made the playoffs. Elon would still be good without Hudgins. That being said, The Payton award is about the most outstanding offensive player, not MVP.

Houndawg
December 3rd, 2009, 07:09 AM

DK has at least as good of a chance at Sundays as Huggins does.xnodx

Saint3333
December 3rd, 2009, 09:05 AM

No we aren't, AE's production and performance THIS season (and in only 9 games) is as impressive and IMO more impressive than than other two finalists. Look at a highlight reel of AE THIS season and get back to me.

HiHiYikas
December 3rd, 2009, 09:10 AM
Look at a highlight reel of AE THIS season and get back to me.
I think "The Resurrection" play against Samford is almost Payton-worthy by itself.

Rekdiver
December 3rd, 2009, 09:20 AM
I hate to say this but based on the current season and not body of work then I think both AE and TH take a back seat this year.........

BUT if the committee wants to tout the value of FCS football then Hudgins gets the nod because he broke JR's record and by association that is a big deal.

biggie
December 3rd, 2009, 09:23 AM
Thing that helps AE and TH over DK is their media coverage and those are the people voting.

Houndawg
December 3rd, 2009, 09:39 AM
I hate to say this but based on the current season and not body of work then I think both AE and TH take a back seat this year.........

BUT if the committee wants to tout the value of FCS football then Hudgins gets the nod because he broke JR's record and by association that is a big deal.

xeekx Dayum! Congratulations on being the first to notice that there is a third finalist....

jedmis10
December 3rd, 2009, 11:00 AM

Yes. Not worth much.

gbhmt
December 3rd, 2009, 11:31 AM
I just don't think a WR can win it. Mariani had 200 something less yards and one less touchdown than Hudgins has this year in literally HALF as many catches and didn't even get on the ballot. It just won't happen. Which is a shame, because he TH sure deserves it.

JMU Newbill
December 3rd, 2009, 11:38 AM
Haha this board never ceases to amaze me.

Hoyadestroya85
December 3rd, 2009, 11:42 AM
I just don't think a WR can win it. Mariani had 200 something less yards and one less touchdown than Hudgins has this year in literally HALF as many catches and didn't even get on the ballot. It just won't happen. Which is a shame, because he TH sure deserves it.

You're absolutely right.. in 97 when Brian Finneran won he was coming off an All American year so he was already pretty well known and then he had one of the all time great years for a Wide Receiver in FCS history. He was also unquestionably the best player on unquestionably the best team (in the regular season) that year. To win it as a wide receiver you need to have a ridiculous statline and some favorable circumstances like Finn did back in the day.

PhoenixPhan
December 3rd, 2009, 03:10 PM
Your definition of MVP is incorrect. Most valuable means the team would not be nearly as good without that person. Do you think App would have been as good without Armanti. Most likely they wouldn't have made the playoffs. Elon would still be good without Hudgins. That being said, The Payton award is about the most outstanding offensive player, not MVP.

No App would not have been as good without Armanti. Look at the WCU game. But I disagree that Elon would have ended the season the way they did without Hudgins. It's really odd for me to be saying that an App fan is over-complimenting Elon...I think we would still have had a good team, but I don't think we would have made playoffs. We may have lost to Furman, and even if we had won as many I'd be willing to bet that the point difference would be much lower. Hudgins was our playmaker, period, end of story.

Next year sure will be interesting in the SoCon without two of the best players ever to play college ball...hopefully we'll be seeing them on Sundays at least!

PhoenixMan
December 3rd, 2009, 05:00 PM
No App would not have been as good without Armanti. Look at the WCU game. But I disagree that Elon would have ended the season the way they did without Hudgins. It's really odd for me to be saying that an App fan is over-complimenting Elon...I think we would still have had a good team, but I don't think we would have made playoffs. We may have lost to Furman, and even if we had won as many I'd be willing to bet that the point difference would be much lower. Hudgins was our playmaker, period, end of story.

Next year sure will be interesting in the SoCon without two of the best players ever to play college ball...hopefully we'll be seeing them on Sundays at least!

You are exactly right. Without Hudgins Elon would not have been a playoff team. Unless there is someone that was overlooked because of the talent of TH. When they needed a play, he made one. All season long.

Poker Alan
December 3rd, 2009, 05:59 PM
If I voted, it would be for DK

100%GRIZ
December 3rd, 2009, 06:55 PM
It is a travesty that MarK Mariani is not even on the list!!! How could such a talent be overlooked!!!

AshevilleApp
December 3rd, 2009, 08:03 PM
It is a travesty that MarK Mariani is not even on the list!!! How could such a talent be overlooked!!!

Really? That's the first I've heard of this! xcoffeex

PhoenixPhan
December 3rd, 2009, 09:26 PM

Hudgins 2009 stats (this season alone)

123 receptions (FCS record)
1,633 receiving yards (SoCon record)
led the nation in receiving yards per game (136.1)
led the nation in receptions per game (10.3)
10 games in a season with more than 100 yards receiving (SoCon record)

Yes, Hudgins has been great all 4 years, and it shows in the number of career records he holds. But this was a standout season for him.

gbhmt
December 3rd, 2009, 10:12 PM
Hudgins 2009 stats (this season alone)

123 receptions (FCS record)
1,633 receiving yards (SoCon record)
led the nation in receiving yards per game (136.1)
led the nation in receptions per game (10.3)
10 games in a season with more than 100 yards receiving (SoCon record)

Yes, Hudgins has been great all 4 years, and it shows in the number of career records he holds. But this was a standout season for him.

These are definitely impressive records and some could contribute to an argument for his deserving the award, but I've never really believed that a ton of receptions is a something that helps his case. Quarterbacks never receive praise for having a ton of attempts. That many receptions almost tells me that his quarterback doesn't have anyone else to throw to. I think yards per reception is a more impressive statistic, however in this case his not-huge ypc can't really be counted against him, as he seems to be more of a possession receiver (as evidenced by his huge number of catches).

BULLDOG8180
December 3rd, 2009, 10:29 PM
Going back to who will be playing on Sundays..........Hudgins will be the second WR drafted form the Southern Conference (if he is drafted). IMHO

But Hudgins has had a great career and deserves consideration for the Payton. However, AE wins - 9K and 4K are too dang impressive.

whoanellie
December 4th, 2009, 12:15 AM
Going back to who will be playing on Sundays..........Hudgins will be the second WR drafted form the Southern Conference (if he is drafted). IMHO

But Hudgins has had a great career and deserves consideration for the Payton. However, AE wins - 9K and 4K are too dang impressive.
i did expect more from you gour guy when he played us this year almost was shutout. think our D really matched up vs ya'll.

PhoenixMan
December 4th, 2009, 08:22 AM
These are definitely impressive records and some could contribute to an argument for his deserving the award, but I've never really believed that a ton of receptions is a something that helps his case. Quarterbacks never receive praise for having a ton of attempts. That many receptions almost tells me that his quarterback doesn't have anyone else to throw to. I think yards per reception is a more impressive statistic, however in this case his not-huge ypc can't really be counted against him, as he seems to be more of a possession receiver (as evidenced by his huge number of catches).

There is some truth in your statement. Just one problem....QB's don't get praise for a ton of ATTEMPTS....they do for completions. Reception=completion. WR don't get a ton of praise for ATTEMPTing to make a catch either. It's receptions that count. Not a valid comparison.

PhoenixMan
December 4th, 2009, 08:26 AM

I was getting ready to call BS on you...I did some checking. Andre Roberts is rated as the #12 best NFL prospect of the WR that are eligible for the draft. T-Mobile is #33. Hudgins is expected to go 6-7 round, where does that leave Andre? He must be better than I thought....he had one catch for 13 yds. vs. Elon this year. I remember leaving the game thinking "what is the big deal about this guy?" Must be something to it....the 12th WR picked in the draft (if that indeed happens) is dang impressive.

PhoenixPhan
December 4th, 2009, 04:29 PM

Riddle had others guys to pass to--our total passing yardage this season was 3,498 with 296 receptions. So Hudgins was at about 45-50% for both of those, but plenty of passes went to Camp, Jeffocat, Harris, and Shuman. I don't think that ypc is a better statistic to use. A reception isn't better just because it is 30 yards versus 10 yards.

ViennaSpider
December 4th, 2009, 10:53 PM
Hudgins catches anything near him. Scary good. He'll definitely be playing in the NFL next year. Maybe, even a decent fantasy pick.

PhoenixPhan
December 4th, 2009, 11:23 PM
Hudgins catches anything near him. Scary good. He'll definitely be playing in the NFL next year. Maybe, even a decent fantasy pick.

Agreed--if he can find a QB that he works as well with as he has with Riddle, he could set records in the NFL too. I think a lot of people underestimate him because of size or speed or whatever, but in the long run, being able to make catches the way that he can is what makes a star.

Saint3333
December 5th, 2009, 09:06 AM
Great college WR. I'm not sure he's fast enough to play WR or big enough to be a TE hybrid.

WR is also one of the hardest position to make an impact at the first year in the league.

whoanellie
December 5th, 2009, 09:07 AM
Agreed--if he can find a QB that he works as well with as he has with Riddle, he could set records in the NFL too. I think a lot of people underestimate him because of size or speed or whatever, but in the long run, being able to make catches the way that he can is what makes a star. you might have forgotten that his first QB was Wes Pope. and his 40 speed was quoted by BT-N Adam Smith as 4.56 on a 225-230 frame. think Panthers Mushin Mohamed, w/ better hands. :D

phoenixphanatic21
December 5th, 2009, 10:46 AM
you might have forgotten that his first QB was Wes Pope. and his 40 speed was quoted by BT-N Adam Smith as 4.56 on a 225-230 frame. think Panthers Mushin Mohamed, w/ better hands. :D

I also think the Panthers should take a nice long look at drafting T-Mobile. God knows we could use him right now (plus there are very few things in life that would make me happier than showing up to Bank of America Stadium in a black #19 Terrell Hudgins jersey xnodx).

iceman4221
December 5th, 2009, 11:15 AM
AE is the ONLY answer for the question.xnodxxnodxxnodxxthumbsupx

I agree with SideLine Shooter - is there really any question... AE only played 9 regular season games... His absence against my graduate school, ECU, may very well have been the difference between them winning and losing that game...

Armanti Edwards hands down, he's the best FCS(I-AA) player of all-time... And that's saying a lot when you look at the numbers that Steve McNair put up at Alcorn State

Saint3333
December 6th, 2009, 06:58 PM
BUMP.

I know playoff games don't count, but I assume more people had a chance to see AE play last night. Any doubt he isn't the WP award winner from those that got to see AE play for the first time this season?

soccerguy315
December 6th, 2009, 08:39 PM
I saw AE play... and equally as important, I also saw the SIU RB play.

if I was voting, I would vote for AE.

caribbeanhen
December 6th, 2009, 08:47 PM
Armanti Edwards hands down, he's the best FCS(I-AA) player of all-time... And that's saying a lot when you look at the numbers that Steve McNair put up at Alcorn State

is Jerry Rice out on some technicality?

appstate1998
December 6th, 2009, 08:52 PM
I really can't imagine anyone other than AE getting it. Would have liked to see him come into the season healthy. His numbers aren't the best of his career, but you also have to look at the fact that he didn't play 2 games and there were a good few games he barely played the second half.

appstate1998
December 6th, 2009, 09:01 PM
is Jerry Rice out on some technicality?

Rice did actually finish in the top 10 in the Heisman running his senior year. I would say AE is the most dynamic player that has come through. But it's hard to say he is better than Rice or McNair for that matter. I mean I love AE, but McNair had some insane years and finished 3rd or 4th in the Heisman his senior year.

PhoenixPhan
December 17th, 2009, 09:09 AM
Just thought we might want to continue some discussion before the reveal tonight!

SpeedkingATL
December 17th, 2009, 09:14 AM
Gotta be AE. All three are deserving of recognition for sure. Too bad Hudgins didn't play at ASU...xchinscratchx

ASU_Fanatic
December 17th, 2009, 09:27 AM
ae has it

State Line Liquors
December 17th, 2009, 09:44 AM
This thread never even needed to be started. It's as obvious as the nose on your face.

asknoquarter21
December 17th, 2009, 10:12 AM
This thread never even needed to be started. It's as obvious as the nose on your face.

Well if anyone has a nose like Michael Jackson then we might need some discussion.

wapiti
December 17th, 2009, 10:30 AM

Yup, it's got to be Nichols, well, he should have been one of the finalist.

rlslim
December 17th, 2009, 12:45 PM
It'll be AE, I would love to see Reynolds win because he is a great player, and Im partial to the Griz (who are still going after beating APP), but the fact is AE is AE and he will win.

Rekdiver
December 17th, 2009, 12:49 PM
Toss up Hudgins and AE......

AppAlum2003
December 17th, 2009, 12:51 PM
It'll be AE, I would love to see Reynolds win because he is a great player, and Im partial to the Griz (who are still going after beating APP), but the fact is AE is AE and he will win.

Really? ASU lost to Montana? Where the heck have I been?!? xeekx

3PeatNation
December 17th, 2009, 02:27 PM
There shouldnt even be a presentation just hand the trophy over to Mr. Edwards so we can get on with it

Crackgina
December 17th, 2009, 02:27 PM
Reynolds or Mariani should get it, but we don't have enough peeps to outvote the east coast. If either of them played back east it would be a walkaway. And I did watch Edwards and I do think he is great.

Silenoz
December 17th, 2009, 02:53 PM
Reynolds or Mariani should get it, but we don't have enough peeps to outvote the east coast. If either of them played back east it would be a walkaway. And I did watch Edwards and I do think he is great.

Reynolds didn't have the numbers Karim or Paschall had, and Mariani didn't have Hudgin's numbers (though he was close with significantly less touches)

Crackgina
December 17th, 2009, 02:56 PM
I still think the Payton should go to someone whose team performs well for the whole season. AE or Mariani are my top choices. I think of at least four game changing plays Mariani made this year and his output with few touches. He really should get it, but he wasn't even on the board. That is stupid, no other way to see it.

Silenoz
December 17th, 2009, 02:57 PM
No, I agree Mariani was snubbed from the list big time

BarefootApp
December 17th, 2009, 03:06 PM
When I hear snubbing, I always think of 2007. Armanti nor Flacco were even mentioned. Mariani shouldn't win, but he absolutely deserves to be on the list.

KiddBrewer
December 17th, 2009, 03:31 PM
question for montana fans. just looking over mariani's stats....what was the BIG difference between this season and last? was there a big difference? cause his numbers looked pretty darn good from last season too

Crackgina
December 17th, 2009, 03:36 PM
This year he had less touches and more of his big plays were absolute game changers in my opinion. He single-handedly carried the team to a win at ISU and woke us up against SDSU.

rlslim
December 17th, 2009, 04:09 PM
Really? ASU lost to Montana? Where the heck have I been?!? xeekx

not rubbing it in, just pointing out that the player is still playing, his season isn't over, and his performance was a big part in the win over APP State who AE happens to play for.

Silenoz
December 17th, 2009, 04:19 PM
question for montana fans. just looking over mariani's stats....what was the BIG difference between this season and last? was there a big difference? cause his numbers looked pretty darn good from last season too

None, he should of been on the list last year too

mlbowl
December 17th, 2009, 04:30 PM
Mariani shouldn't win, but he absolutely deserves to be on the list.

I'm probably gonna get blasted by my fellow Griz fans...but I agree with thisxnodx...He doesn't touch the ball as much as a few of these other guys...BUT...when he does...it's usually magicalxnodx...He is most definitely a game changer and I for one will truly miss #80xnodx

rlslim
December 17th, 2009, 04:33 PM
I'm probably gonna get blasted by my fellow Griz fans...but I agree with thisxnodx...He doesn't touch the ball as much as a few of these other guys...BUT...when he does...it's usually magicalxnodx...He is most definitely a game changer and I for one will truly miss #80xnodx

Its alright, we have Sambrano in the future, he's been doing great but had a mediocre (but huge at the same time) game against APP St. He's young, and will grow too.

mlbowl
December 17th, 2009, 04:42 PM
Its alright, we have Sambrano in the future, he's been doing great but had a mediocre (but huge at the same time) game against APP St. He's young, and will grow too.

Yeah...that catch in the corner was clutchxnodx...still gonna miss Marc thoughxbawlingx

PhoenixMan
December 17th, 2009, 04:43 PM

AE wins the Payton, but Hudgins has a better chance of playing on Sundays than AE or Randolph.

BlackNGold
December 17th, 2009, 04:55 PM
AE wins the Payton, but Hudgins has a better chance of playing on Sundays than AE or Randolph.

How can you say that

ThompsonThe
December 17th, 2009, 05:10 PM

Nice poster of Hudgins. Good luck to the young man. He had a great year for sure, and career.

ThompsonThe
December 17th, 2009, 05:13 PM
Ummm I do believe that Hudgins broke a few records set by someone who did quite well in the NFL...maybe you've heard of him?

Al Davis?

(couldn't resist)

ThompsonThe
December 17th, 2009, 05:15 PM
Yup, it's got to be Nichols, well, he should have been one of the finalist.

Man, what a rack.

ThompsonThe
December 17th, 2009, 05:17 PM
not rubbing it in, just pointing out that the player is still playing, his season isn't over, and his performance was a big part in the win over APP State who AE happens to play for.

It is down to three candidates.....and only regular season taken into consideration I believe.

PhoenixMan
December 17th, 2009, 05:21 PM
How can you say that

I can say it because I think it's the truth. No disrespect to AE. I have posted many times how much respect I have for that guy, and I don't count him out of anything, including playing in the NFL. However, 5'11 and 186 makes playing QB difficult in the NFL (but if anyone that size can pull it off, he can). Hudgins is 6'3" 230, and caught more balls than anyone in the history of college football.

Grrrrriz
December 17th, 2009, 05:25 PM

The Payton is a regular season award. Hudgins or AE should win it...AE will, Mariani should have been on the list, but he will probably be NC MVP, so that will be a good consolation.

BlackNGold
December 17th, 2009, 05:26 PM
The Payton is a regular season award. Hudgins or AE should win it...AE will, Mariani should have been on the list, but he will probably be NC MVP, so that will be a good consolation.

Etheir Mariani or Reynolds

Montana wins this one fairly easy IMO