PDA

View Full Version : NDSU close to scheduling USD and UND

MplsBison
December 2nd, 2009, 11:33 AM
http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/261453/group/home/

You knew it was going to happen anyway.

TheBisonator
December 2nd, 2009, 12:17 PM
Thanks for remembering my name. Do you have a blown-up copy of my drivers license on your bedroom ceiling??

Weirdo.

WestRiverBison
December 2nd, 2009, 12:18 PM
Close to scheduling UND? Here is the quote. The deal is no closer than it's ever been with UND other than that 2012 is technically getting closer.

"Meanwhile, Taylor said talks with the University of North Dakota are continu-ing. He said the two schools don’t have potential dates to match up in 2010 and 2011 but that 2012 remains a possibility."

darell1976
December 2nd, 2009, 12:45 PM
i would rather the Sioux play the Bison in 2012 anyway since both teams would be playoff eligible it would give the game more meaning to win. No transistion excuses then. The rivalry will be renewed soon.xthumbsupx

WestRiverBison
December 2nd, 2009, 12:53 PM
i would rather the Sioux play the Bison in 2012 anyway since both teams would be playoff eligible it would give the game more meaning to win. No transistion excuses then. The rivalry will be renewed soon.xthumbsupx

Amen!!

MplsBison
December 2nd, 2009, 01:10 PM
2012 works for me as well, vs. UND.

In the meantime we'll practice up on USD. xrulesx

I love both as I know Lakes, Bisonator, etc. have this weird faux-hatred of past NCC teams and want to pretend that NDSU shouldn't be scheduling them.

They're the same flagships that we are. We should be playing all the Dakota flagships every season.

Big Al
December 2nd, 2009, 02:35 PM
have this weird faux-hatred of past NCC teams and want to pretend that NDSU shouldn't be scheduling them.

To be fair, you aren't doing so hot against your current slate of former NCC foes (UNI, SDSU).

xsmiley_wix

darell1976
December 2nd, 2009, 02:39 PM
To be fair, you aren't doing so hot against your current slate of former NCC foes (UNI, SDSU).

xsmiley_wix

Maybe UNI and SDSU should play the other North Dakota team.xsmiley_wixxsmiley_wix

TexasTerror
December 2nd, 2009, 03:32 PM
Didn't NDSU play in Huntsville this past year? I was told that was not happening.

When are the Bison and Bunnies going to play in Mpls?

09griz
December 2nd, 2009, 04:00 PM
Should just stick all four of them in the same conference.

Thundar
December 2nd, 2009, 06:41 PM
MPLS nobody ever said it WONT happen it was truly just a matter of time, but I will guarantee it will not be a yearly game like everyone wants, no way they tie themselves to a routine in non-conference games.

I am happy though to see the Yotes before the "who"

gjw007
December 2nd, 2009, 07:33 PM
MPLS nobody ever said it WONT happen it was truly just a matter of time, but I will guarantee it will not be a yearly game like everyone wants, no way they tie themselves to a routine in non-conference games.

I am happy though to see the Yotes before the "who"

I get it; the same way Florida (SEC) shouldn't play Florida State (ACC), or Georgia (SEC) shouldn't play Georgia Tech (ACC), or South Carolina (SEC) shouldn't play Clemson (ACC) or Iowa (Big Ten) shouldn't play Iowa State (Big 12) because they don't wish to get a game tied to an every year in-state rival, no sense in having that routine take away from other potential non-conference games.

Thundar
December 2nd, 2009, 07:37 PM
I get it; the same way Florida (SEC) shouldn't play Florida State (ACC), or Georgia (SEC) shouldn't play Georgia Tech (ACC), or South Carolina (SEC) shouldn't play Clemson (ACC) or Iowa (Big Ten) shouldn't play Iowa State (Big 12) because they don't wish to get a game tied to an every year in-state rival, no sense in having that routine take away from other potential non-conference games.

Never said they shouldn't just said they wouldn'txwhistlex

JSUBison
December 2nd, 2009, 08:56 PM
Should just stick all four of them in the same conference.

:pumpuke:

TheBisonator
December 2nd, 2009, 09:21 PM
:pumpuke:

Barf indeed.

I can forget the idea of people ever recognizing which university I got my degree from if the UXDs are invited to our conference.

darell1976
December 3rd, 2009, 12:04 AM
Barf indeed.

I can forget the idea of people ever recognizing which university I got my degree from if the UXDs are invited to our conference.

After your 3 win season i wouldn't be surprised if the MVFC kicked NDSU back into the GWFC, but no need to bring our conference down.xlolx

gjw007
December 3rd, 2009, 02:54 AM
Barf indeed.

As sad as it is, this statement has a ring of true to it. UND and NDSU are small schools, at least in national recognition. UND probably has a leg up because of the hockey program as far as sports are concerned but there are a lot of areas that don't follow or care about hockey making this success and recognition limited. While NDSU can be proud of its history as a lower level football power, as lower level athletic schools, schools such as UND and NDSU don't get the recognition of the large, better funded, more nationally recognized schools. If people follow anything, it is the Division 1 schools (skip the FBS and FCS nonsense) as the only schools most people follow are those major conferences that they see on television weekly on the national level (do you see nationally televised games from the Missouri Valley games or even schools in the WAC conference).

UND also a leg up academically because of its aviation program having national recognition but most programs at UND and NDSU aren't as well received at the national level (Sorry but nobody is going to confuse UND or NDSU with the academics of Stanford, Notre Dame, Harvard, Northwestern, etc). It is a problem that the majority of schools have.

Being in the same conference shouldn't confuse people. For example, nobody confuses Michigan with Michigan State. But again, both of these are well funded, nationally recognized schools that have had success in sports and have recognized academics. Because they don't have name recognition and neither one excels or has greater recognition than the other (think of Colorado or Colorado State, which do you think has greater recognition nationally - I'll go with Colorado), most people will confuse NDSU and UND. I don't see that changing in the near future for most people. Whether UND and NDSU are in the same conference or not, this will not change. If they are in the same conference, those in the conference will recognize the difference. If they are in difference conferences, those in the conference will recognize the difference. The result is the same. The pie is slightly larger but not enough to make a blip on the overall recognition. Most people won't know about the schools unless they are in a major national tournament consistently.

In the end, there is no significant difference in national perspective until one or the other school achieves sustained recognition at a major level. I don't see this happening at the football or hockey level. The only place I can see where this might happen is in men's basketball but neither UND or NDSU are considered basketball schools although both have had periods of success. As such, I think there will a continued confusion over the schools and the recognition that each deserves.

darell1976
December 3rd, 2009, 08:26 AM
As sad as it is, this statement has a ring of true to it. UND and NDSU are small schools, at least in national recognition. UND probably has a leg up because of the hockey program as far as sports are concerned but there are a lot of areas that don't follow or care about hockey making this success and recognition limited. While NDSU can be proud of its history as a lower level football power, as lower level athletic schools, schools such as UND and NDSU don't get the recognition of the large, better funded, more nationally recognized schools. If people follow anything, it is the Division 1 schools (skip the FBS and FCS nonsense) as the only schools most people follow are those major conferences that they see on television weekly on the national level (do you see nationally televised games from the Missouri Valley games or even schools in the WAC conference).
UND also a leg up academically because of its aviation program having national recognition but most programs at UND and NDSU aren't as well received at the national level (Sorry but nobody is going to confuse UND or NDSU with the academics of Stanford, Notre Dame, Harvard, Northwestern, etc). It is a problem that the majority of schools have.

Being in the same conference shouldn't confuse people. For example, nobody confuses Michigan with Michigan State. But again, both of these are well funded, nationally recognized schools that have had success in sports and have recognized academics. Because they don't have name recognition and neither one excels or has greater recognition than the other (think of Colorado or Colorado State, which do you think has greater recognition nationally - I'll go with Colorado), most people will confuse NDSU and UND. I don't see that changing in the near future for most people. Whether UND and NDSU are in the same conference or not, this will not change. If they are in the same conference, those in the conference will recognize the difference. If they are in difference conferences, those in the conference will recognize the difference. The result is the same. The pie is slightly larger but not enough to make a blip on the overall recognition. Most people won't know about the schools unless they are in a major national tournament consistently.

In the end, there is no significant difference in national perspective until one or the other school achieves sustained recognition at a major level. I don't see this happening at the football or hockey level. The only place I can see where this might happen is in men's basketball but neither UND or NDSU are considered basketball schools although both have had periods of success. As such, I think there will a continued confusion over the schools and the recognition that each deserves.

We have a leg up on that with UND's agreement with Fox College Sports. Sioux hockey, football, and basketball on national tv. Can't beat that!!:D

WestRiverBison
December 3rd, 2009, 09:17 AM
After your 3 win season i wouldn't be surprised if the MVFC kicked NDSU back into the GWFC, but no need to bring our conference down.xlolx

After losing to an NAIA, perhaps you too will be kicked out of your conference, no need to bring your conference down. :)

onbison09
December 3rd, 2009, 09:51 AM
We have a leg up on that with UND's agreement with Fox College Sports. Sioux hockey, football, and basketball on national tv. Can't beat that!!:D

What are the ratings like so far? Seriously wondering.

TheBisonator
December 3rd, 2009, 10:01 AM

I've heard that almost nobody watches the basketball games.

F'N Hawks
December 3rd, 2009, 10:37 AM
I've heard that almost nobody watches the basketball games.

Is that what you heard? From Lakes maybe? :(

Thundar
December 3rd, 2009, 12:46 PM

I havent ran across one UND game yet on the TV (except for the FSSN), no smack I seriously would stop and watch it but is it on a channel buried in nowhere, or is it regional?

darell1976
December 3rd, 2009, 12:52 PM

I think the millions that watch around the country is better than the local station that NDSU gets televised on.

As for the actual # of people watching i don't know what the Neilson ratings are. It would be fun to know. But its gotta be a lot more than before the games were on Fox College Sports.

darell1976
December 3rd, 2009, 12:56 PM
I havent ran across one UND game yet on the TV (except for the FSSN), no smack I seriously would stop and watch it but is it on a channel buried in nowhere, or is it regional?

channel 617 or 623 on Directv. Every game is not televised but most are. There are a few bball and a handfull of football but most of it is hockey. As the feed is from FSSN.

UNIFanSince1983
December 3rd, 2009, 01:36 PM
I have a question. Do you UND fans know if the UNI vs UND bball game will be on your Fox Network? Just curious if I will be able to see it if I go to a bar around here.

darell1976
December 3rd, 2009, 02:01 PM
I have a question. Do you UND fans know if the UNI vs UND bball game will be on your Fox Network? Just curious if I will be able to see it if I go to a bar around here.

According to fightingsioux.com it is supposed to be on Fox College Sports. I don't know which one but on Directv it should be on channel 617 as most UND games are.

TheBisonator
December 3rd, 2009, 02:25 PM
I think the millions that watch around the country is better than the local station that NDSU gets televised on.

That's a good one. Millions. You owe me a Mello Yello and a new computer monitor.

darell1976
December 3rd, 2009, 03:23 PM
That's a good one. Millions. You owe me a Mello Yello and a new computer monitor.

Sorry should i have said hundreds of thousands. :D

onbison09
December 3rd, 2009, 07:06 PM

As for the actual # of people watching i don't know what the Neilson ratings are. It would be fun to know. But its gotta be a lot more than before the games were on Fox College Sports.

Yeah obviously you have more potential viewers but I'm just curious as to what the actual ones are. And I'm not talking smack either.

SDFS
December 3rd, 2009, 08:07 PM
Yeah obviously you have more potential viewers but I'm just curious as to what the actual ones are. And I'm not talking smack either.

For UND the upside is:

1) Keep Alumni connected to the schools - once I knew about the contract. I specifically upgraded my cable package to watch UND games.

2) When talking to recruits outside of the immediate region you are able to let them know that family will be able to watch games via Fox Sports.

3) It is an opportunity for the community and school to get more exposure than it had previously. In general, I have been impressed with the production of the programming and it is definitely at the same level as MVF, Southland and Big Sky football productions.

LakesBison
December 3rd, 2009, 08:15 PM
THE SAME PEOPLE THAT PUSHED CHAPMAN OUT ARE BULLYING US WITH THIS. THATS MY OPINION. PERIOD.

1-Enrollment
2-Recruiting
3-Attendence

WE HOLD ALL THE ADVANTAGES WITH THOSE 3?? why give them up? why share it, People around the country will once again go back to NOT knowing the difference between the 4 colleges... this is a shame and a SLAP in the face for everything we have done in the past 5-6 years.

The deck.of,cards NDSU + CHAPMAN has built for D1 athletics will fall and suck us back into fcs/d1 mediocrity , NDSU will be just 1 of the dakota schools,.Instead of the opportunity that was there to RISE UP to a higher level and become an 'IDENTITY'

this is a slap in the.face of all the progress we made and the ATTENTION we got.

its a sad day when the haters bring NDSU back to 'thier' level. and thats what you got, they are in gene's (and rest of.ndsu's coaches head) afraid.their,jobs will be next if the same people that.ran out.chapman can do.that,,,,,what they can do to me?
its bushleague, and low and born of hatred,jealousy..,,,exactly what UND stands for.

,NDSU had a chance to break away,,AND WE THRIVED!!!!

NDSU doesnt need UND, UND BEGS and NEEDS NDSU for attendence, relevence, everything.

Hood
December 3rd, 2009, 10:44 PM
2012?

You guys playing each other better not cause the end of the world ;)

SDFS
December 3rd, 2009, 10:59 PM
THE SAME PEOPLE THAT PUSHED CHAPMAN OUT ARE BULLYING US WITH THIS. THATS MY OPINION. PERIOD.

I guess that I am not sure who you are referring to.. It was my understanding that Chapman was going to retire at the end of the year. So, he decided to leave a little early. Sure, NDSU got so bad media because the President House and the new building overruns. But, I do not think the house the building was be enough to pull him out of office.

1-Enrollment
2-Recruiting
3-Attendence

Enrollment - UND/NDSU have nearly the same enrollment.. both schools will fluctuate over time but both schools will be about the same over time.

Recruiting - I think the more important measurement in performance on the field. UND is growing and will have one or two more rough years before getting a solid foothold in FCS. I think NDSU has had some bad breaks. The talent is available and I look for them to rebound. But, both teams will be playoff worthy teams in the near future.

Attendance, NDSU has had great attendance. But, I think both teams will need to bring in good non conference games keep the fans coming in and playing one another is too big a payday with very limited costs for both programs..

WE HOLD ALL THE ADVANTAGES WITH THOSE 3?? why give them up? why share it, People around the country will once again go back to NOT knowing the difference between the 4 colleges... this is a shame and a SLAP in the face for everything we have done in the past 5-6 years.

The deck.of,cards NDSU + CHAPMAN has built for D1 athletics will fall and suck us back into fcs/d1 mediocrity , NDSU will be just 1 of the dakota schools,.Instead of the opportunity that was there to RISE UP to a higher level and become an 'IDENTITY'

this is a slap in the.face of all the progress we made and the ATTENTION we got.

its a sad day when the haters bring NDSU back to 'thier' level. and thats what you got, they are in gene's (and rest of.ndsu's coaches head) afraid.their,jobs will be next if the same people that.ran out.chapman can do.that,,,,,what they can do to me?
its bushleague, and low and born of hatred,jealousy..,,,exactly what UND stands for.

NDSU doesnt need UND, UND BEGS and NEEDS NDSU for attendence, relevence, everything.

I do not understand this position, as Al Davis says - "Just Win Baby" - the rest will take care of itself. Go out and win a couple NC at FCS level and you will have established yourself or go out and make the sweet 16 in basketball. You control your own destiny.

LakesBison
December 3rd, 2009, 11:54 PM
you're clueless. check the attendences, enrollment will be up for NDSU for a long time coming, have you ever been to Fargo lately? 200,000+ people and the lakes 30-40 miles away. my god.

gjw007
December 4th, 2009, 06:37 AM
2012?

You guys playing each other better not cause the end of the world ;)

Nah, just need to make sure you put DaveK and LakesBison on opposite sides of the field:D

Houndawg
December 4th, 2009, 07:17 AM

1-Enrollment
2-Recruiting
3-Attendence

xnonox NDSU needs UND for help in spelling words like attendance and relevance.

darell1976
December 4th, 2009, 08:21 AM
you're clueless. check the attendences, enrollment will be up for NDSU for a long time coming, have you ever been to Fargo lately? 200,000+ people and the lakes 30-40 miles away. my god.

You don't think the overruns in King Joe's house will affect enrollment, just wait til the words tuition increase comes up.:D

darell1976
December 4th, 2009, 08:27 AM

1-Enrollment
2-Recruiting
3-Attendence

1. Enrollment means nothing when it comes to sports. UND had higher enrollment in the 80's but the Bison dominated in D2 football.

2. Recruiting- Bison has a slight advantage but with UND's Fox College Sports tv deal puts them almost even.

3. Attendance- win 3 games all year and fans will start giving up look how they want Bohl's head now. Once UND gets the kink out of scheduling (like not scheduing hockey and football so close together) UND should avg 10,000 or more per game. Of course when there are playoffs (2012) attendance should increase more too.

And UND needs NDSU.xlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolx

Thundar
December 4th, 2009, 12:46 PM
You don't think the overruns in King Joe's house will affect enrollment, just wait til the words tuition increase comes up.:D

less we forget the overruns and UND alsoxthumbsupx

darell1976
December 4th, 2009, 01:06 PM
less we forget the overruns and UND alsoxthumbsupx

Not as much as NDSU.

TheBisonator
December 4th, 2009, 01:40 PM

You think NDSU will raise tuition rates all across the board for a cost overrun of a few hundred thousand dollars?? Do you realize how much money NDSU has?? We're not some poor welfare school, you know. That overrun is a drop in the bucket compared to how much money we have access to.

LakesBison
December 4th, 2009, 01:42 PM
yea, cant wait for all the canadian hockey fans to come down fighting in the west parking lot, that should be fun. (SARCASM!)

thats the #23 reason NOT to play those guys.

FCS network? you mean the one with the NOV 09 Nielson's Rating of .3 ? Im looking at a book right now, I dont delivery chinese food like you do.

darell1976
December 4th, 2009, 01:55 PM
yea, cant wait for all the canadian hockey fans to come down fighting in the west parking lot, that should be fun. (SARCASM!)

FCS network? you mean the one with the NOV 09 Nielson's Rating of .3 ? Im looking at a book right now, I dont delivery chinese food like you do.

If you went to UND you could actually read a book instead of just looking at it.xreadx

darell1976
December 4th, 2009, 01:56 PM
You think NDSU will raise tuition rates all across the board for a cost overrun of a few hundred thousand dollars?? Do you realize how much money NDSU has?? We're not some poor welfare school, you know. That overrun is a drop in the bucket compared to how much money we have access to.

Then i guess NDSU would rather hoard all their money instead of upgrading their basketball arena. Might as well play games at Fargo North High School.

darell1976
December 4th, 2009, 01:58 PM

Do we really need to compare viewing. FCS= nationwide access to Sioux sports, KVLY=NDSU's only chance of getting televised in ND, Northeast SD, and Western Minnesota. So since NDSU has no math department FCS>KVLY

NDB
December 4th, 2009, 02:15 PM
supply does not create demand.

onbison09
December 4th, 2009, 02:27 PM
1. Enrollment means nothing when it comes to sports. UND had higher enrollment in the 80's but the Bison dominated in D2 football.

2. Recruiting- Bison has a slight advantage but with UND's Fox College Sports tv deal puts them almost even.

3. Attendance- win 3 games all year and fans will start giving up look how they want Bohl's head now. Once UND gets the kink out of scheduling (like not scheduing hockey and football so close together) UND should avg 10,000 or more per game. Of course when there are playoffs (2012) attendance should increase more too.

And UND needs NDSU.xlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolx

We would be disappointed with that.

darell1976
December 4th, 2009, 02:31 PM
We would be disappointed with that.

10,000 out of 12,000 is pretty good attendance.

SteelCurtain
December 4th, 2009, 03:02 PM
10,000 out of 12,000 is pretty good attendance.

Darell, show me the day UND avg 10,000...

the only way they could even get close is NDSU on the schedule

NDSU needs absolutely nothing from UND

Earlier someone mentioned recruiting.

Show me a link that shows UND and NDSU with an offer to a kid and he choses UND

Go look at your offer board on SS Plenty of kids with offers from UND that have verballed to SU.

So their recruiting is equal because of some obscure Fox station that rec. a .3

Right...

darell1976
December 4th, 2009, 05:04 PM
Darell, show me the day UND avg 10,000...

NDSU needs absolutely nothing from UND

Earlier someone mentioned recruiting.

Show me a link that shows UND and NDSU with an offer to a kid and he choses UND

Go look at your offer board on SS Plenty of kids with offers from UND that have verballed to SU.

Right...

You Bison fans are so funny.xlolx

UND had 12,431 against South Dakota this season. There were a lot of bad scheduling done and once the kinks are done and our transition ends our attendace will rise, unlike NDSU's which fell as did their wins with only 3. And NDSU doesn't need UND like another loss.xlolx

Right now recruiting favors NDSU because of them being playoff eligible wait til 2012 which moves NDSU's win total to what 6 (3 in '10, 3 in '11).xlolx

Obscure Fox Station?? Someone in LA or Miami or NYC can turn on FCS and see UND vs an opponent where is NDSU oh yeah on KVLY only if you are in ND, Part of MN, and part of SD can you see them. Yep NDSU has the advantage there.xlolx

You and Lakes are one of the same are you related?xlolx

Gil Dobie
December 4th, 2009, 08:36 PM
If you went to UND you could actually read a book instead of just looking at it.xreadx

............and would actually be able to use the crayola's and color in the book inside the lines.

BisonNDSU
December 4th, 2009, 09:03 PM
i hope we play und. we will beat the snot out of them. yeah we were 3-8 and they were 6-5 but look who they played. they lost to an naia team and almost lost to another bad naia team. they thought beating cal poly was all special and an "upset" but cal poly has a losing record. und is NOT good at all and NDSU will be back to a powerhouse soon. Bright future.

F'N Hawks
December 4th, 2009, 10:08 PM
i hope we play und. we will beat the snot out of them. yeah we were 3-8 and they were 6-5 but look who they played. they lost to an naia team and almost lost to another bad naia team. they thought beating cal poly was all special and an "upset" but cal poly has a losing record. und is NOT good at all and NDSU will be back to a powerhouse soon. Bright future.

Its flattering that we mean so much to you that we made your signature line.

(And keep telling yourself those things above, I promise you will start to believe them.)

darell1976
December 4th, 2009, 10:17 PM

You haven't been a threat to the FCS since you became playoff eligible.xlolx

bincitysioux
December 4th, 2009, 11:54 PM

Like darrel1976 said, they are on 617 or 623 on DirecTV. Of the 10 broadcasts scheduled thus far (all sports), I believe 9 have made it on DirecTV. I believe they are all on cable if you have the right package, as FCS is a 3 channel cable only offering, just exclusive live games appear on DirecTV. The games are not on Dish Network.

The NDSU Foundation pushed Chapman out, nobody else. The NDSU Foundation brought Chapman's spending habits to attention through the media. The NDSU Foundation is not subject to open records laws, so somebody apparently had loose lips. It looks to me as if it were those running the Foundation that thought Chapman was a bit of a free spender, and they let the cat out of the bag.

Do we really need to compare viewing. FCS= nationwide access to Sioux sports, KVLY=NDSU's only chance of getting televised in ND, Northeast SD, and Western Minnesota. So since NDSU has no math department FCS>KVLY

I think North Dakota fans get a little to giddy about our arrangement with Fox. Sure, it is awesome, but why thump our chests when we have no idea whether or not it is going to be more than a one year deal. If the arrangement continues a couple/three years, then really rub their nose in it. xsmiley_wix

Darell, show me the day UND avg 10,000......

North Dakota averaged 10,167 in 2008.

Right...

Bison fans like to demean Fox College Sports, then pat themselves on the back when they buy air-time on Fox Sports North. xflaggedx

i hope we play und. we will beat the snot out of them. yeah we were 3-8 and they were 6-5 but look who they played.

Sagarin ranks North Dakota's schedule at 148 and NDSU's at 156.

they thought beating cal poly was all special and an "upset" but cal poly has a losing record.

Cal Poly was ranked #16 at the time. One could argue that North Dakota effectively derailed their season by showing just how one-dimensional they really were.

You haven't been a threat to the FCS since you became playoff eligible.xlolx

They haven't been a threat at any level of football for nearly two decades.....

As far as NDSU scheduling USD, I think it is pretty savvy scheduling by their A.D. NDSU is looking to generate some buzz, and getting on USD's schedule will help alot. USD has a similar regional television deal as North Dakota, the type that NDSU longs for, so they may get some tube-time out of it. USD hasn't won a game in the state of North Dakota since 1985 so they have that going for them. A game against the Yotes could result in yet another football victory over yet another "name" opponent to hang their hat on along the lines of Minnesota and Valparaiso. It is a no-lose situation for their team and A.D.

LakesBison
December 5th, 2009, 04:31 PM
NDSU isnt lookin to generate a BUZZ ha ha.

NDSU owns all the RECRUITS.

FCS is a .3 ratings station, its nothing, nil and was just an "extra" thrown in for the hockey schedule this year only 2008.

Cal Poly was OVERRATED and HORRIBLE, they lost last 4 games and THEY HAD TO FLY INTO MINNEAPOLIS AND DRIVE 5 HOURS BY BUS TO GRAND FORKS, NO WONDER THEY LOST.

YOU ARE A MISERABLE PROGRAM WHO HOLD THE NATIVE AMERICANS HOSTAGE AND TRIED TO START A LAW TO MAKE A NDSU/UND GAME POSSIBLE

you are DESPERATE FOOLS and EVERYONE LAUGHS AT YOU. HA HA.

Darrel, why dont you write 3 more replys to this, it shows your desperation.

darell1976
December 5th, 2009, 05:47 PM
NDSU isnt lookin to generate a BUZZ ha ha.

NDSU owns all the RECRUITS.

FCS is a .3 ratings station, its nothing, nil and was just an "extra" thrown in for the hockey schedule this year only 2008.

Cal Poly was OVERRATED and HORRIBLE, they lost last 4 games and THEY HAD TO FLY INTO MINNEAPOLIS AND DRIVE 5 HOURS BY BUS TO GRAND FORKS, NO WONDER THEY LOST.

YOU ARE A MISERABLE PROGRAM WHO HOLD THE NATIVE AMERICANS HOSTAGE AND TRIED TO START A LAW TO MAKE A NDSU/UND GAME POSSIBLE

you are DESPERATE FOOLS and EVERYONE LAUGHS AT YOU. HA HA.

Darrel, why dont you write 3 more replys to this, it shows your desperation.

Okay Lakes. Oh and our miserable program outdid your program 6 wins is more than 3. And we hold native americans hostage as far as I know 67% of Spirit Lake tribe members approved the nickname and we are just waiting for the Standing Rock. As for us trying to start a law to make a NDSU/UND game...one of the reps is from FARGO!!!!! From what i see on this and other boards everyone laughs at you Mr. FBS bound NDSU.xlolxxlolx

bincitysioux
December 5th, 2009, 11:49 PM

I know you are a big TV executive in Fargo, but how come you never offer up the national Neilson Ratings for the "North Dakota NBC Network", which airs Bison game, when you are slamming Fox? Come to think of it, don't you work for Fox?

Cal Poly was OVERRATED and HORRIBLE

They beat South Dakota St. How did NDSU do against them?

YOU ARE A MISERABLE PROGRAM WHO HOLD THE NATIVE AMERICANS HOSTAGE..............

I assume you are aware of the fact that North Dakota's largest Sioux tribe has recently introduced litigation against the STATE OF NORTH DAKOTA in attempt to force them to keep the Fighting Sioux nickname.

xpeacex

SteelCurtain
December 7th, 2009, 12:47 PM
Since you brought up recruiting without anything to back it up I figured I would show you the difference

Ryan Smith Wahpeton 5'7", 163, RB Committed to NDSU
Billy Turner Arden Hills, MN 6'5", 270, OL Committed to NDSU
Jesse Hinz Beatrice, NE 6'4", 280, OL Committed to NDSU
Trevor Gebhart Sioux Falls Wash. 6'2", 180, WR Committed to NDSU

Kids so far this year with offers from both schools that chose NDSU

We both know these numbers will be growing.

Funny, I couldn't find any kids with offers from both schools that commited to the Sioux??

If I go back to last year about eight kids chose Su over UND

So how is that Fox deal working for you so far??

Apparently, coaches, facilities, playing in front of 16 plus at home..Fargo, and a very good football conference have more to offer then the Sioux.

Always has been that way and always will be. When you had Lennon you had us in the coaching dept. But that is all over now..

LakesBison
December 7th, 2009, 01:34 PM
Rivals is reporting UND has interest in the following recruits (not previously listed).

OL Boen Anderson Wahpeton, North DakotaNorth Dakota State College of Science 6'3" 290 5.1

add another one to the list.

WE shouldnt do this, because in 5 years since they stopped playing there hasnt been ONE kid that chose und over ndsu. so its apparent that NDSU once against rules in:

enrollment
attendence
Recruiting

*yawn, why do we even bother, its too easy to show the comparison, beat a NAIA team then get back to us*

p.s- hows your D1 basketball teams doing? 1-9 and 1-6 in mens/womens , ha ha

darell1976
December 8th, 2009, 08:33 AM
Rivals is reporting UND has interest in the following recruits (not previously listed).

OL Boen Anderson Wahpeton, North DakotaNorth Dakota State College of Science 6'3" 290 5.1

WE shouldnt do this, because in 5 years since they stopped playing there hasnt been ONE kid that chose und over ndsu. so its apparent that NDSU once against rules in:

enrollment
attendence
Recruiting

*yawn, why do we even bother, its too easy to show the comparison, beat a NAIA team then get back to us*

Gee i see your talent is just in state or in the other Dakota we like to pick kids from talent outside of the tri-state area. Keep thinking to yourself enrollment, attendance, and recruiting and maybe someday we will have a winning record. Maybe 4 wins next year.xlolx *host a playoff game in the Fargodome and get back to us*

darell1976
December 8th, 2009, 08:34 AM
Since you brought up recruiting without anything to back it up I figured I would show you the difference

Ryan Smith Wahpeton 5'7", 163, RB Committed to NDSU
Billy Turner Arden Hills, MN 6'5", 270, OL Committed to NDSU
Jesse Hinz Beatrice, NE 6'4", 280, OL Committed to NDSU
Trevor Gebhart Sioux Falls Wash. 6'2", 180, WR Committed to NDSU

Kids so far this year with offers from both schools that chose NDSU

We both know these numbers will be growing.

Funny, I couldn't find any kids with offers from both schools that commited to the Sioux??

If I go back to last year about eight kids chose Su over UND

So how is that Fox deal working for you so far??

Apparently, coaches, facilities, playing in front of 16 plus at home..Fargo, and a very good football conference have more to offer then the Sioux.

Always has been that way and always will be. When you had Lennon you had us in the coaching dept. But that is all over now..

If they want to play for a 3 win team more power to them.xthumbsupx

darell1976
December 8th, 2009, 08:38 AM

enrollment
attendence
Recruiting

I see that NDSU's mens team has matched the football team in wins 3. 3-4 from March Madness to a losing season so far. (just keep playing Minot State, and Dickinson St. and you will be on your way in March.xthumbsupx

JSUBison
December 8th, 2009, 08:56 AM
I see that NDSU's mens team has matched the football team in wins 3. 3-4 from March Madness to a losing season so far. (just keep playing Minot State, and Dickinson St. and you will be on your way in March.xthumbsupx

Care to explain this abomination?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uAURLabQz2I

Follow the play by play:
http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18418&page=4

Bunny fans agree with Bisonville:
http://sdsufans.com/board/showthread.php?t=8892&page=2

Darrel, you should register at B'ville so you can attempt to defend this disaster with the other 3 sioux posters over there. We both know this thread is bound to be closed soon.

Hambone
December 8th, 2009, 09:04 AM

Follow the play by play:

Darrel, you should register at B'ville so you can attempt to defend this disaster with the other 3 sioux posters over there. We both know this thread is bound to be closed soon.

And of course it was a Bison fan that brought it up on SDSUfans while they were smacking a Bison video.

darell1976
December 8th, 2009, 09:15 AM

Follow the play by play:

Last time we played in the Ralph it was the largest crowd to watch a game in North Dakota. It was UND vs Kansas, i don't expect as big a crowd.

darell1976
December 8th, 2009, 09:18 AM

Follow the play by play:

I can't! That video was bad but the bball chick grabbing the water bottle was cute:D

F'N Hawks
December 8th, 2009, 10:19 AM
Can we please close this thread? Moderators....Hello?

F'N Hawks
December 8th, 2009, 10:21 AM
And Darrell, just leave it alone please. Your looking more and more like Lakes and JBB every day. Let them be. Their fans showed us how NOT to act during the transition so don't get caught up in it.

Arguing with guys that get banned from every board they have ever been on is not worth it.

onbison09
December 8th, 2009, 10:21 AM

Dude we lost 4 starters. xeyebrowx

darell1976
December 8th, 2009, 10:24 AM
And Darrell, just leave it alone please. Your looking more and more like Lakes and JBB every day. Let them be. Their fans showed us how NOT to act during the transition so don't get caught up in it.

Arguing with guys that get banned from every board they have ever been on is not worth it.

I'm done with this thread.xthumbsupxxpeacex

F'N Hawks
December 8th, 2009, 10:25 AM
I'm done with this thread.xthumbsupxxpeacex

xthumbsupx Stay the course my man!

onbison09
December 8th, 2009, 10:28 AM
Can we please close this thread? Moderators....Hello?

Imagine how bad it will be when we actually play each other! :D xdeadhorsex

F'N Hawks
December 8th, 2009, 10:52 AM
100% agreed on that one!

darell1976
December 8th, 2009, 11:53 AM
Imagine how bad it will be when we actually play each other! :D xdeadhorsex

I think they would have to have a seperate NDSU-UND forum. For everything Bison-Sioux including smack.xlolx

bincitysioux
December 8th, 2009, 12:06 PM
Last time we played in the Ralph it was the largest crowd to watch a game in North Dakota. It was UND vs Kansas, i don't expect as big a crowd.

Actually, North Dakota played all of their NCC conference schedule in the REA in 2004-05 and 2005-06. And the Sioux-Bison games were played in there in 2004 and 2003.

I'm sure it will still be pretty much vacant when we play USD this winter.

LakesBison
December 8th, 2009, 03:36 PM
I love how delusional darrel is... that his only defense is to post 3-4 times in a row replying to himself.

hilarious.

SIOUX--. Their fans showed us how NOT to act during the transition so don't get caught up in it.

^^^ Yea, 25,000+ of us travelling twice and beating a big 10 and 2 MAC teams and going on the road for 5000+ to Wyoming/Iowa State/UNI etc.

yea.. NOT ACT LIKE THAT .... wow, this is why NDSU doesnt schedule you, you're delusional.