PDA

View Full Version : Coaching Changes

Doc QB
December 1st, 2009, 01:36 PM
Does anyone have the time or inclination to list the Head coaching vacancies among our I-AA brethren? I think if folks could chime in and list an opening and possible (rumored?) replacement candidates in one spot, we'd have a good read.

I would leave out FBS openings even though they may tap into I-AA talent and create openings.

Seven Would Be Nice
December 1st, 2009, 01:43 PM
GSU had an opening, but it was filled by Jeff Monken - slot backs coach for Georgia Tech. He has coached with PJ for 13 years, including here at GSU.

Libertine
December 1st, 2009, 02:00 PM
Since you asked:

Western Illinois
--Out
Don Patterson resigned back in September for medical reasons. To my knowledge, no permanent replacement has yet been named.

Tennessee St.
--Out
James Webster resigned on the field following the Tigers season-ending win over E. Illinois.

Murray St.
--Out
Matt Griffin shown the door.

Portland St.
--Out
Jerry Glanville refused to make staff changes and resigned.

Nicholls St.
--Out
Jay Thomas fired.

Georgia Southern
--Out
Chris Hatcher's contract was not renewed.
--In
Jeff Monken, slotbacks coach from Georgia Tech and Paul Johnson disciple.

Princeton
--Out
Roger Hughes fired after 10 seasons.

Youngstown St.
--Out
Jon Heacock resigned after 9.

Sam Houston St.
--Out
Todd Whitten out after 4 years.

Bethune-Cookman
--Out
Alvin Wyatt was asked to pack up his Richard Pryor wardrobe.

Valparaiso
--Out
Stacy Adams stepped down.

Mississippi Valley St.
--Out
Willie Totten is out as of today.

You might say I've been keeping track. ;)

Doc QB
December 1st, 2009, 02:16 PM
UL Monroe--Weatherbie out
St Francis, PA-- Opfar out

Western Illinois
Tennessee St.
Murray St.
Portland St.
Nicholls St.
Georgia Southern
Princeton
Youngstown St.
Sam Houston St.
Bethune-Cookman
Valparaiso
Mississippi Valley St.

RichH2
December 1st, 2009, 02:46 PM
Will Bucknell and The Cross shortly appear?

Aho_Old_Guy
December 1st, 2009, 02:46 PM
I'll go out on a ledge here and say IF (and that's a really big one) Appalachian wins the NC Jerry Moore will retire.

Husky4Life
December 1st, 2009, 02:48 PM
Gilmore wants out at Holy Cross. I would not be surprised if he leaves.

breezy
December 1st, 2009, 03:58 PM
Husky4Life --

Your comment on Gilmore -- based on speculation or do you have any facts to back it up?

In my view, Gilmore may receive another opportunity that would advance his career and decide to take it, but I have no reason to think that he "wants out" of Holy Cross. He has always been extremely positive about being at Holy Cross.

crusader11
December 1st, 2009, 04:01 PM

You clearly don't know what you are talking about.

ASU_Fanatic
December 1st, 2009, 04:04 PM
I'll go out on a ledge here and say IF (and that's a really big one) Appalachian wins the NC Jerry Moore will retire.Agreed.

SU Jag
December 1st, 2009, 04:04 PM
I expect alabama state to get rid of reggie barlow sometime this week. The hornets have been horrible and it got worse last thursday at the turkey day classic, the offense only managed 7 first downs and 67 total yards. As a sign of being fed up with barlow, the entire west side(home side)of crampton bowl cleard out with about 13 minutes left in the 3rd quarter, while tuskegee fans stayed and threw a party on asu's home turf.

ncbears
December 1st, 2009, 04:06 PM
Footballcoachingscoop.com is reporting that Scott Downing will not be retained at UNC.
http://footballcoachscoop.com/Scoop.html

jstate83
December 1st, 2009, 04:09 PM
Comegy is still the head coach at JSU but we do have openings for Offensive Cordianator, Offensive Line Coach, and a new Head of Football Operations.

Those guy's contract's was not renewed.
Ding Dong WOODY's GONE. :D

CamelCityAppFan
December 1st, 2009, 04:24 PM
I'll go out on a ledge here and say IF (and that's a really big one) Appalachian wins the NC Jerry Moore will retire.

Wouldn't be surprised if he retired even without winning the NC.

mcveyrl
December 1st, 2009, 04:26 PM
Wouldn't be surprised if he retired even without winning the NC.

Does ASU have an assistant "in waiting" (obviously not officially) that would be the top choice to replace him?

Aho_Old_Guy
December 1st, 2009, 06:56 PM
Does ASU have an assistant "in waiting" (obviously not officially) that would be the top choice to replace him?

I imagine there are a good many folks in the Scott Satterfield (http://www.utrockets.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=89643&SPID=10708&DB_OEM_ID=18000&ATCLID=3652010) camp if the choice stays in the App family.

I'm kinda hoping we go outside and snag Rod Broadway from GSU.

ngineer
December 1st, 2009, 10:12 PM
You clearly don't know what you are talking about.

I would agree with that. Gilmore seems satisfied at HC, but with his performance over the past few years, he's a prime target for a more 'center ring school' with a vacancy.

TheValleyRaider
December 1st, 2009, 11:06 PM

I'm with the HC guys. I hear this a lot, about how Gilmore is on his way out, but I'm not quite sure I see it, and certainly not without a significant step-up forthcoming

Now, if you want to talk about a job like Richmond (if the London-to-UVa rumors are true, but if I'm the Cavs, I'm talking to Al Golden first), then that might make some sense, but is Gilmore actively looking for a way out? I'm just not sure where this comes from.... xtwocentsx

Pard94
December 2nd, 2009, 09:46 AM
I think Gilmore indicated that he is at least open to entertaining other offers by throwing his hat in the ring for the Yale job last year. Incidentally I don't blame him. Not to suggest that Holy Cross isn't a great place to be but if you are a realtively young coach with a reasonable level of ambition the PL has got to be considered a stepping stone...at least in its current configuration. If you accept that then you have to admit that Gilmore will very rarely hold cards as good as the hand he currently holds (much thanks to Dom Randolph for that). Logic dictates...if Gilmore indeed wants to fry bigger fish this is indeed the year he needs to upgrade his boat. I hope I'm wrong...the PL is a better league with him in it.

centraljerseycat
December 2nd, 2009, 10:02 AM
If London goes to Charlottesville then Richmond's next call is to either Huesman at Chatty or Gilmore at Cross.

MACHIAVELLI
December 2nd, 2009, 04:48 PM
I imagine there are a good many folks in the Scott Satterfield (http://www.utrockets.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=89643&SPID=10708&DB_OEM_ID=18000&ATCLID=3652010) camp if the choice stays in the App family.

I'm kinda hoping we go outside and snag Rod Broadway from THE ICON.

You do and there is a case of Ripple in it for you.

MACHIAVELLI
December 2nd, 2009, 04:48 PM

I'm kinda hoping we go outside and snag Rod Broadway from THE ICON.

You do and there is a case of Ripple in it for you.xthumbsupx

3rd Coast Tiger
December 2nd, 2009, 06:36 PM
You do and there is a case of Ripple in it for you.xthumbsupx

Didn't I see you on TV last week?

ngineer
December 2nd, 2009, 07:35 PM
Comegy is still the head coach at JSU but we do have openings for Offensive Cordianator, Offensive Line Coach, and a new Head of Football Operations.
Those guy's contract's was not renewed.
Ding Dong WOODY's GONE. :D

What the hell is that?? If you're the 'Head Coach' aren't you in charge of 'football operations'? Talk about a waste of money, stationary because of the typical collegiate bureaucracy...xrotatehxxsmhx

SuperJon
December 2nd, 2009, 09:03 PM
Dude, most schools have some type of director of operations. It's the same as the basketball team having a director of operations. They take care of the travel. They take care of the equipment ordering. They take care of the budget. They take care of everything that isn't on the field coaching so that the head coach can, you know, coach.