PDA

View Full Version : According to Notre Dame AD Jack Swarbrick, Colgate is a Co-National Champion

Go...gate
November 30th, 2009, 10:13 PM
Swarbrick, in firing Charlie Weis, told a press conference that Weis "won a national championship" by having the #1 GSR among Division I football programs. In point of fact, that makes ND is the Co-National Champion, because Colgate was tied for #1 with Notre Dame. Just sayin' .... :)

MR. CHICKEN
November 30th, 2009, 10:52 PM
Swarbrick, in firing Charlie Weis, told a press conference that Weis "won a national championship" by having the #1 GSR among Division I football programs. In point of fact, that makes ND is the Co-National Champion, because Colgate was tied for #1 with Notre Dame. Just sayin' .... :)

WHICH IS WHAA.....AFTERAH COUPLE O' COACHIN' CHANGES....NOSTRA DAMUS.....STILL NEEDS TA...GO GET DEM.....FLORIDAH AFFLETES.....INNER CITY SPEEDSTERS.......LET DUH OFENSIVE LINEMAN...PROP UP....DUH TEST SCORES.....DUH GOLDEN DOMERS...ARE JES' TO SELECTIVE....TA COMPETE....WHIFF DUH BIG BIRDS.........xcoffeex..........BRAWK/OBAMA!!

Go...gate
November 30th, 2009, 11:06 PM
As an ND fan as well as a Colgate graduate, I could not agree with you more. Leahy did not have a lot of Phi Beta Kappas but most were able to graduate, become successful in life and serve their nation with honor in wartime. Sounds pretty good to me.

Henny
November 30th, 2009, 11:14 PM
The only problem Mr. C is that these guys not only need to know what Calculus is, the need to pass the class at ND.

Native
December 1st, 2009, 01:51 AM

Congrats!

Bogus Megapardus
December 1st, 2009, 06:02 AM
Notre Dame to the Patriot League!!!!! xnodxxrotatehxxlolx

WVAPPmountaineer
December 1st, 2009, 06:23 AM

My money is on the young men from Colgate ----

Husky4Life
December 1st, 2009, 06:36 AM
High graduation rate at an FBS school means you suck on the field. Personally I think it's a good metric, but the teams still blew. Sounds like someone is trying to make chicken salad out of chicken s.....

MR. CHICKEN
December 1st, 2009, 08:06 AM
5 COACHES. IN UH DECADE...(WHEN NEW HIRE IS ANNOUNCED)...NOSTRA DAMUS IS CHUCKIN' DUCATS...AT DUH WALL......NONE O' 'EM ARE STICKIN'......DIS SCHOOL....CAIN'T GET DERE MONEY'S WORFF.....FROM TOP NOTCH COACHES....WHO CAIN'T BUILD UH SUSTAINED PROGRAM.......AH'M TOTALLY FO' DEGREES....OVERAH TOUCHDOWNS.......BUT IFIN' YER WONDERIN' WHAA.....DUH IRISH CAIN'T GET OVERAH DUH [email protected] 50 YARD LINE.......ELEGANTLY PUT.......AFFLETES...........xtwocentsx.........BR AWK/OBAMA/BIDEN!

colorless raider
December 1st, 2009, 08:39 AM
Go 'Gate!! The Co-Champs! That is quite a feat by a team that finished 9-2 the last two regular seasons.

WVAPPmountaineer
December 1st, 2009, 09:10 AM
Duke football is usually right near the top each year - it just goes to show that that crap the NCAA likes to spew about athletes first is just that, crap - I don't mean that as a negative to the young men who work their butts off in the classroom and on the field, my point is toward college administrators who look the other way if their team is winning games and never keep a coach because his young men graduate ----

Gordon Shumway
December 1st, 2009, 09:23 AM
Go 'Gate!! The Co-Champs! That is quite a feat by a team that finished 9-2 the last two regular seasons.

Here are the latest overall Top 10:

1. Notre Dame (99%)
1. Colgate
3. U.S. Naval Academy (98%)
4. New Hampshire (97%) xreadx :)
4. Wofford
4. Northwestern
4. Lafayette
4. Furman
4. Duke
4. Davidson

Go...gate
December 1st, 2009, 03:04 PM
Looks to me like Ol' Jack did the Red Raiders a favor here, not to mention any of the teams previously mentioned (such as UNH) with high graduation rates.

blukeys
December 1st, 2009, 03:26 PM
Congrats to Colgate!!!!!! This is one way to win a NC!!!

Go...gate
December 1st, 2009, 04:32 PM
well, since UD, W & M and other CAA schools have pretty fine grad rates themselves, there is a chunk of sunshine for a lot of us to bask in.

TheValleyRaider
December 1st, 2009, 04:44 PM
So do we get a flag for this?

I kinda like the sound of "Notre Dame's National Champion" :D

Pard4Life
December 3rd, 2009, 11:55 AM
Here are the latest overall Top 10:

1. Notre Dame (99%)
1. Colgate
3. U.S. Naval Academy (98%)
4. New Hampshire (97%) xreadx :)
4. Wofford
4. Northwestern
4. Lafayette
4. Furman
4. Duke
4. Davidson

What is Lehigh's graduation rate?

letsgopards04
December 3rd, 2009, 01:53 PM
I like ND but since they have a crap run defense I think the Raiders could design a winning scheme.

Gordon Shumway
December 3rd, 2009, 04:27 PM
What is Lehigh's graduation rate?

I don't know. I just posted the Top 10 that were shown in an article I read.

However, I did find this which has everyone listed for better or worse.:D

http://www.ncaa.org/wps/ncaa?key=/ncaa/ncaa/academics+and+athletes/education+and+research/academic+reform/gsr/2009/841gfw951_2009_d1_school_gsr_data.html