PDA

View Full Version : Stephen F Austin @ Montana

uofmman1122
November 29th, 2009, 01:55 AM
Big wins today by both teams. I'm still ecstatic over my Grizzlies' performance! xbowx

Sadly, I don't know much about SFA, other than that they're a passing team, and I can't imagine their defense is as good as SDSU's was, but they beat a pretty good EWU team.

Looking forward to another classic FCS playoff game! I really hope the 4th quarter Griz show up all game, though. xlolx

GrizFanStuckInUtah
November 29th, 2009, 02:00 AM
After todays game, I am not even going to pretend to guess how the heck the game will go! xlolx

Silenoz
November 29th, 2009, 02:11 AM
We'd better win (obviously) because a home game against Richmond or App State would be amazing

HLNgriz
November 29th, 2009, 03:37 PM
Breath in, breath out,Breath in, breath out,Breath in, breath out,Breath in, breath out,Breath in, breath out. Still a little light headed. I will post later.

GolfingGriz
November 29th, 2009, 04:21 PM
Our pass rush looked good yesterday. It disappeared at times, but it showed up in the forth and at the beginning of the game. I'm hoping Severin Campbell has another big game saturday because he is by far our best pass rusher. If we can get after the quarterback like we did yesterday, could be a long day for SFA.

ASU_MBA
November 29th, 2009, 05:40 PM
Big wins today by both teams. I'm still ecstatic over my Grizzlies' performance! xbowx

Sadly, I don't know much about SFA, other than that they're a passing team, and I can't imagine their defense is as good as SDSU's was, but they beat a pretty good EWU team.

Looking forward to another classic FCS playoff game! I really hope the 4th quarter Griz show up all game, though. xlolx

I would not call giving up 40 unanswered points a good defense....
I think SFA will cause Montana some problems....much better QB and Montana struggles against the pass.

Silenoz
November 29th, 2009, 05:45 PM
I would not call giving up 40 unanswered points a good defense....
I think SFA will cause Montana some problems....much better QB and Montana struggles against the pass.
Just like I wouldn't call someone who beats WCU by 5 a good team

#$%# happens

theasushow
November 29th, 2009, 05:48 PM
Just like I wouldn't call someone who beats WCU by 5 a good team

#$%# happens

xeyebrowx

ASU_MBA
November 29th, 2009, 05:50 PM
#1 ranked passing O in SFA
against #106 pass D Montana.....could be interesting....also SFA can stop the run...

Silenoz
November 29th, 2009, 05:59 PM
xeyebrowx
Get my point? I'm saying App State IS a good team

Jeez

JohnStOnge
November 29th, 2009, 06:26 PM
I thought SFA didn't have a snowball's chance against EWU so I'm not going to try to predict anything anymore. I'm just glad a Southland team won a playoff game so we can at least not be in the same situation as OVC and MEAC are.

TribeGuy09
November 29th, 2009, 07:32 PM
Montana thinks they are:

http://susty.com/image/species-spotlight-grizzly-bear-brown-mouth-open-black-nose-attacking-growling-biting-photo-468x351.jpg

When actually, they're:

http://www.all4kidz.co.nz/images/60420%20LT%20Pooh%20Hugging%20Piglet.jpg

whoanellie
November 29th, 2009, 07:34 PM
Q:what does Stephen F Austin @ Montana have in common?
A: no "D"

uofmman1122
November 29th, 2009, 08:03 PM
Guys, this isn't the smack board, so if you want to talk smack, go make another thread about why you think we suck, otherwise shut up.

GrizFanStuckInUtah
November 29th, 2009, 08:06 PM
Guys, this isn't the smack board, so if you want to talk smack, go make another thread about why you think we suck, otherwise shut up.

+1

nevadagriz
November 29th, 2009, 08:06 PM
Griz fans do not think their team is as good as CAA teams think they are bad.

One thing that scares me is tackling ,the griz must wrap up and not give up yac.
I wish TJ had two good hands for this one. He has been bumping not tackling lately. Sambrono and Palmer will need to have good games cause MM80 will be accounted for all day long.
The griz ned a huge day from the rushing attack to keep the high scoring SFA offense off the field.
Should be a good one hope montana gets a W but it will be very tough!

fltheadgriz
November 29th, 2009, 08:07 PM
SFA had better get ready for some very cold weather that is coming in to Montana this week.
Possible snow but very cold weather.
I am sure that the wind will be coming in from Hellgate Canyon also.

KiddBrewer
November 29th, 2009, 08:09 PM

or just move this one to the smack board?;)xlolx

HLNgriz
November 29th, 2009, 10:20 PM
Q:what does Stephen F Austin @ Montana have in common?
A: no "D"

We will see on Sat.! The Griz D completly shut down SDSU the last 1 1/2 quarters. SDSU scored on a blocked punt and had two TD from our O giving them the ball less than 11 yrds to score.

bshgriz
November 29th, 2009, 10:24 PM
We will see on Sat.! The Griz D completly shut down SDSU the last 1 1/2 quarters. SDSU scored on a blocked punt and had two TD from our O giving them the ball less than 11 yrds to score.
It doesn't matter. We're the Griz. We play the weakest ooc and we're in the worst league in the FCS. But at least we win all of our games xnodx xnodx xnodx

Jack99
November 29th, 2009, 10:24 PM
For the love of everything holy. Please 09 jacks avenge our beat down from 95. Nothing would make me happier

Ax'em

paul1978
November 29th, 2009, 10:25 PM
It doesn't matter. We're the Griz. We play the weakest ooc and we're in the worst league in the FCS. But at least we win all of our games xnodx xnodx xnodx

Well said. xbowx xbowx xbowx

GolfingGriz
November 29th, 2009, 10:40 PM
Nice, AGSxoopsx. The thread is supposed to be about the game on saturday, but turns into how much we suck. As much as everyone hates us, we will be playing on saturday and we will be a tough out. We're the only team left who doesn't know what losing is like. You'd think if we were down by 27 with 20 minutes left we would lose. Not this team. We have been beat more than once this year, yet our right hand collumn remains clean.

Silenoz
November 29th, 2009, 10:43 PM
Q:what does Elon and Montana have in common?

They've never been to the 2nd round of the playoffs?

Oh wait...

uofmman1122
November 29th, 2009, 11:06 PM
Seriously, guys, let's stop the smack. From both sides.

I want this thread to be about the game. There are plenty of other threads where you can take shots at each other.

putter
November 29th, 2009, 11:31 PM
Nice, AGSxoopsx. The thread is supposed to be about the game on saturday, but turns into how much we suck. As much as everyone hates us, we will be playing on saturday and we will be a tough out. We're the only team left who doesn't know what losing is like. You'd think if we were down by 27 with 20 minutes left we would lose. Not this team. We have been beat more than once this year, yet our right hand collumn remains clean.

What do you expect when CAA posters invade a thread they have nothing to do with? It would be nice to read a CAA poster actually have something valid to add to a thread other than "the Big Sky Sucks" and "Montana is Overrated" ....

putter
November 29th, 2009, 11:43 PM
That said, Montana sees a lot of teams that do nothing but throw the ball, NAU, EWU, WSU, PSU...

Davis...43-62
PSU ... 25-52
NAU ... 37-50
Poly ... 14-20
EWU .. 32-49
Sac .... 31-49
Weber 16-34
ISU .. 23-36
UNC ... 26-44
MSU ... 19-38

The Griz have been thrown on 434 times....there are not too many teams that have had to deal with that many throws this year. I am more worried about the scheme more than the yards.

Tribe
November 30th, 2009, 12:34 AM
I can't see Montana losing this game. I think they will still be riding a high from last week. Likse I said before, I saw every snap of that game and if you didn't, I'm not sure you can fully understand how amazing that comeback really was. I mean, Montana had one foot in the grave. They were done and all of a sudden, everything turned.

I think Stephen F. Austin has had a great year and they are coming off a very impressive win over a solid Eastern Washington team. But in my opinion, the Griz ends their season on Saturday. Good luck to both sides. It should be a fun game to watch.

putter
November 30th, 2009, 01:01 AM
I can't see Montana losing this game. I think they will still be riding a high from last week. Likse I said before, I saw every snap of that game and if you didn't, I'm not sure you can fully understand how amazing that comeback really was. I mean, Montana had one foot in the grave. They were done and all of a sudden, everything turned.

I think Stephen F. Austin has had a great year and they are coming off a very impressive win over a solid Eastern Washington team. But in my opinion, the Griz ends their season on Saturday. Good luck to both sides. It should be a fun game to watch.

Thanks Tribe, nice post xthumbsupx I think your matchup with SIU will be very interesting. Tough D vs. good running O xnodx

Tribe
November 30th, 2009, 01:20 AM
Thanks Tribe, nice post xthumbsupx I think your matchup with SIU will be very interesting. Tough D vs. good running O xnodx

Yeah, SIU really scares me. I think all four match-ups are intriguing and that should make for some interesting games. Good luck this weekend.

Peems
November 30th, 2009, 02:33 AM
Griz win by 10

09griz
November 30th, 2009, 03:39 AM
I don't see the Griz making the same offensive mistakes this round. If we win it will be at least by ten. If we lose, at most by three. SFA is no joke, but the griz figure out ways to win. Why else have we had two undefeated season in three years and an NC appearance with dicey games all the way down the line that we always seemed to come up on top of?

Props to Richmond, Weber State, and Wofford.

09griz
November 30th, 2009, 03:50 AM
Yeah, SIU really scares me. I think all four match-ups are intriguing and that should make for some interesting games. Good luck this weekend.

I see WM taking this one. I talked a lot of trash about how Weber may show up and really surprise you guys but it didn't happen. I think you guys are going semis. Though it is the playoffs and who really knows sometimes, right?xconfusedx

Jack99
November 30th, 2009, 06:35 AM
Sfa wins by 2. We have a pretty good kicker so down by 1 we drive the field the last 2:00 to win it. Final 28-30. I think the griz underestimate the Texas team. IMHO. I want the game on dish network too

Go Jacks

Gil Dobie
November 30th, 2009, 07:47 AM
Griz by 21

appmountaineer
November 30th, 2009, 08:23 AM
I think the Griz win this weekend. Home field advantage, cold weather for a texas team, and riding high of last week. I'm sure they believe after last week they can beat anyone.

If App wins and Montana wins it'll be very interesting. Not sure I can find an affordable way to get out to Montana from Boone tho xeyebrowx

WrenFGun
November 30th, 2009, 08:31 AM
I picked the Griz to win the National Championship, so I'm certainly not going to back off of that now. I think that Montana simply was not ready to play in the first half and that they'll be able to ride the momentum from last game into this game. SFA is and was underrated, but I don't think they're at Montana's level and had them worse than SDSU.

While it's obvious SDSU exploited some holes in Montana, this isn't the same Montana team as the last few years. The OOC wasn't weak...all that really matters in the playoffs is that you win. No one gives a damn that they outplayed their opponent and lost..

Houndawg
November 30th, 2009, 09:30 AM
What do you expect when CAA posters invade a thread they have nothing to do with? It would be nice to read a CAA poster actually have something valid to add to a thread other than "the Big Sky Sucks" and "Montana is Overrated" ....

At least you get some left-handed respect. SIU just gets ignored.xpissedx

Poker Alan
November 30th, 2009, 09:35 AM
At least you get some left-handed respect. SIU just gets ignored.xpissedx

I agree, SIU not getting alot of respect in the SIU/W&M thread... Personally, I will be pulling hard for the Salukis, along with the Grizzlies, this upcoming weekend.

gbhmt
November 30th, 2009, 10:37 AM
I agree, SIU not getting alot of respect in the SIU/W&M thread... Personally, I will be pulling hard for the Salukis, along with the Grizzlies, this upcoming weekend.

Yep. Go SIU!

catatac
November 30th, 2009, 11:21 AM
This is a really tough one for me to call. When you watch them play, the griz just don't look like they have the team that can keep up with W&M, App, Richmond, SIU... but they keep finding ways to pull out the W. I'll say the griz win another close one.

One thing I can tell you is that if SFA finds themselves up for 4 TD's at the half... they're in serious trouble! xlolxxlolxxlolx

srgrizizen
November 30th, 2009, 01:08 PM
Thanks for the kind words Tribe and WrenFGun. After the CAA performance Saturday versus the BSC performance, I expected a lot of smack, and there is really no credible refutation. UNH and W&M especially made a statement. I'm glad you're on the other side of the bracket, not that ASU or Richmond would be any picnic. I just hope we can get one of them in Missoula.

EdubAlum
November 30th, 2009, 01:17 PM
I'm now officially a Montana Grizzlies fan, please don't let my fellow Eagle brethren know, they'll probably revoke my Eagle membership

ur2k
November 30th, 2009, 01:18 PM
I think the Griz win, but I'll be hoping for a SFA win. If we beat App, I want the semi in Richmond, not Montana.

GrizNzonecrazy
November 30th, 2009, 01:20 PM
I think the Griz win, but I'll be hoping for a SFA win. If we beat App, I want the semi in Richmond, not Montana.

I just want to see UR have to come here and play.......Revenge is a dish best served cold.......very very cold......about 10 degrees or so.....

bshgriz
November 30th, 2009, 01:44 PM
I just want to see UR have to come here and play.......Revenge is a dish best served cold.......very very cold......about 10 degrees or so..... I couldn't have said that any better myself man. :D:D Nothing better than Montana in early December.xrotatehx

Grrrrriz
November 30th, 2009, 03:58 PM

First off, you guys really played lights out on Saturday...I have some crow to eat there. You were a lot better than I thought, and Weber didn't show up..and were outmatched.. I have had SIU #1 for a couple months now, but after our game last weekend, and your game last weekend....I think the Championship could be a WM-UM affair. Anyways Griz win this one by 21+.

Silenoz
November 30th, 2009, 04:25 PM
I just want to see UR have to come here and play.......Revenge is a dish best served cold.......very very cold......about 10 degrees or so.....

Just think how epic having ASU and Edwards at home would be though

Win-win either way, let's hope we can pull it out (that's what she said) against SFA

GrizFanStuckInUtah
November 30th, 2009, 05:12 PM
I finally am able to make a prediction for this game....Please feel free to argue with me.

At roughly 12:05pm MST, someone will kickoff the football to the opposing team.

Within 5 hours, someone will win and make it into the semi finals.

The End. :Dxcoffeex

Grizaholic17
November 30th, 2009, 05:17 PM
GRIZ: 38
SFA: 24

fencer24
December 1st, 2009, 09:20 AM
I finally am able to make a prediction for this game....Please feel free to argue with me.

Way to go out on a limb there. xsmiley_wix

GrizFanStuckInUtah
December 1st, 2009, 11:45 AM
Way to go out on a limb there. xsmiley_wix

I know, I know :D That last game still has me messed up, I am not predicting anything. I do think the Griz can and should win, but we all know how that can go. xnodx

Poker Alan
December 1st, 2009, 11:46 AM
Wouldn't surprise me to see another high-scoring game this weekend, lets just be sure to not fall behind by 27 again in the second half. My biggest fear is SFA's ability to throw the ball downfield, we can be susceptible to that at times.

GoneTribal
December 1st, 2009, 01:06 PM
let's hope we can pull it out (that's what she said) against SFA

well played sir, well played. xthumbsupx

I say Griz in a closer than expected.

Griz 31
SFA 28

GolfingGriz
December 1st, 2009, 02:42 PM
Where are all the SFA fans?

GrizFanStuckInUtah
December 1st, 2009, 02:55 PM

AWOL for the most part :(

Poker Alan
December 1st, 2009, 02:58 PM
Thats too bad, I want to hear some of their (SFA) opinions on how their team will perform, and we need some info from them on strengths/weaknesses.

GrizNzonecrazy
December 1st, 2009, 02:59 PM

I'll go a little further......

At roughly 1:23pm MST, the Griz will show up

At roughly 3:18pm MST, The Griz will be making plans for a Friday night affair with either App St or Richmond for the following week....

GrizFanStuckInUtah
December 1st, 2009, 03:06 PM
Thats too bad, I want to hear some of their (SFA) opinions on how their team will perform, and we need some info from them on strengths/weaknesses.

Agreed, lord knows I aint gettin work done this week :D

Poker Alan
December 1st, 2009, 03:19 PM
I'll go a little further......

At roughly 1:23pm MST, the Griz will show up

At roughly 3:18pm MST, The Griz will be making plans for a Friday night affair with either App St or Richmond for the following week....

Wouldn't we choose the Saturday game, if by chance we win this week?

McNeese72
December 1st, 2009, 03:53 PM

Here, I'll get them for you.

McNeese beat themselves at SFA this season!!!

Okay, that ought to, at least, get SFA71 and Axe'emJacks here. ;)

Doc

GrizNzonecrazy
December 1st, 2009, 03:55 PM
yeah i imagine we would though i guess i didnt realize there was a choice.....though either game will require lights as the TV time slot would be for a 2:05 kickoff in Missoula......will be getting dark before its over....I'd rather play the night game as it is on ESPN and the Sat. game is on ESPN2

ASU_Fanatic
December 1st, 2009, 03:56 PM
SFA! SFA! SFA!

GrizNzonecrazy
December 1st, 2009, 03:57 PM
SFA! SFA! SFA!

Richmond! Richmond! Richmond!

GrizFanStuckInUtah
December 1st, 2009, 03:57 PM
I'm just concerned about this Saturday. I am going to make sure I have some nitroglycerin pills and a defibrillator handy for this one. xlolx

Poker Alan
December 1st, 2009, 04:21 PM
yeah i imagine we would though i guess i didnt realize there was a choice.....though either game will require lights as the TV time slot would be for a 2:05 kickoff in Missoula......will be getting dark before its over....I'd rather play the night game as it is on ESPN and the Sat. game is on ESPN2

This I did not know, that could play a difference, plus, ESPN might actually want to showcase a UM/ASU semi (IF it happens to play out that way)

GrizNzonecrazy
December 1st, 2009, 04:23 PM

This I did not know, that could play a difference, plus, ESPN might actually want to showcase a UM/ASU semi (IF it happens to play out that way)

Tis true.....and a Friday night primetime game will be more appealing than a saturday afternooner that still will require the hassle of lights and all the rest that goes with the night game....

silverdollar
December 1st, 2009, 04:44 PM
But O'day get's his choice being the #1 seed. Friday nite would be nice, but Saturday would be a sellout for sure. With all on the out of town griz fans I doubt Friday would. I think money wins out.

Grizlaw
December 1st, 2009, 04:45 PM
Wouldn't we choose the Saturday game, if by chance we win this week?

I also didn't realize we got to choose. If that's the case, though, I think Friday would actually be more advantageous for us, wouldn't it? Since we'll be playing at home and our opponent will have to travel across the country, I would think the short week would create more problems for App or Richmond than for the Griz, right?

Jack99
December 1st, 2009, 04:45 PM
Sfa can get up early on a team. The problem is holding the lead. They have very little run game but here recently it seams if it's 3rd and 3 they get 7 on the ground. They usually lose the turnover battle and lose t.o.p. but keep winning. If Moses has one pick and sfa wins the turnover battle it will be a sad day for griz fans. The key is just the one pick tho. We will give the griz plenty of chances to get back in the game if we get up early. IMHO the defense front 4can rush the passer but have a hard time stopping the run. Linebackers are good at both. Secondary can give up the big play

Ax'em

GrizNzonecrazy
December 1st, 2009, 04:46 PM
But O'day get's his choice being the #1 seed. Friday nite would be nice, but Saturday would be a sellout for sure. With all on the out of town griz fans I doubt Friday would. I think money wins out.

NOt sure but i wanna say the UMass game was a sell out and probably the best atmosphere i have ever been a part of in WA-Griz...well until last saturday in the 4th quarter....

paul1978
December 1st, 2009, 04:49 PM

I got a phone call from the UM ticket office that the semi final game will be Friday at 7pm after the Griz defeat Stephen F Austin.

Live4Griz
December 1st, 2009, 06:02 PM
Obviously, the Griz need to take care of business with what seems like a solid SFA team.

Whatever happens Saturday, this is what the NCAA handbook says for determining the semi-final games:

Semifinal Determination Procedure
The semifinal games during the 2009 Division I Football Championship will be conducted
on two different days. One semifinal game will occur Friday evening, December 11, while
the other will occur Saturday, December 12. The games will be broadcast nationally on
ESPN2 and ESPN, respectively.
The semifinal schedule will be determined by the Division I Football Championship
Committee on the Sunday following the quarterfinal round.

Here is the link: http://web1.ncaa.org/web_files/champ_handbooks/football/2009/09_1AA_Football.pdf

GO GRIZ!!

catatac
December 1st, 2009, 06:14 PM
Sfa can get up early on a team. The problem is holding the lead. They have very little run game but here recently it seams if it's 3rd and 3 they get 7 on the ground. They usually lose the turnover battle and lose t.o.p. but keep winning. If Moses has one pick and sfa wins the turnover battle it will be a sad day for griz fans. The key is just the one pick tho. We will give the griz plenty of chances to get back in the game if we get up early. IMHO the defense front 4can rush the passer but have a hard time stopping the run. Linebackers are good at both. Secondary can give up the big play

Ax'em

Shouldn't really matter. UM hasn't really shown much of an ability to come back if their opponents build up much of a lead. xlolx

Tod
December 1st, 2009, 07:09 PM
This is kind of amusing and a little bit sad. The 'Jacks fans want to talk about Saturday's game, but the Griz fans are too busy planning for the semi-final.

xsmhxxsmhxxrolleyesx

Dallas Demon
December 1st, 2009, 07:31 PM
Current weather forecast for Saturday in Missoula:

High 27, Low 15 - scattered snow showers. Brrr...

Shellin
December 1st, 2009, 07:44 PM
This is kind of amusing and a little bit sad. The 'Jacks fans want to talk about Saturday's game, but the Griz fans are too busy planning for the semi-final.

xsmhxxsmhxxrolleyesx

Luckily it's just a few fans on a message board looking ahead. SFA will definitely test us, as our passing defense has been pretty awful at times this season. I think it should be a great game, and would be surprised in the margin of victory is lopsided in either direction. I do think that home field advantage + weather will put the Griz over the top in this one, something like 42-31. Lets just hope we start better than we did against SDSU, or SFA could be talking about which night they'll be playing next weekend.

grizchamp
December 1st, 2009, 08:25 PM

According to the NCAA the Saturday game is on ESPN and the Friday night game is on ESPN 2

GrizNzonecrazy
December 1st, 2009, 08:26 PM
According to the NCAA the Saturday game is on ESPN and the Friday night game is on ESPN 2

ok i stand corrected.....i read that too....musta got confused in the short time it took me to get from there to here.....

grizchamp
December 1st, 2009, 08:30 PM
I got a phone call from the UM ticket office that the semi final game will be Friday at 7pm after the Griz defeat Stephen F Austin.

Espn is changing the broadcast time if this is accurate. (not that I would expect the ticket office to ever be confused xrolleyesx ) According to the NCAA the fridy game was orriginally scheduled for a 6pm Mountain time kickoff.

ASU_Fanatic
December 1st, 2009, 08:31 PM
If SFA wins and we win they will have to come to Boone for the semis where it is impossible to beat us.

GrizNzonecrazy
December 1st, 2009, 08:41 PM
If SFA wins and we win they will have to come to Boone for the semis where it is impossible to beat us.

No kidding....if you beat Richmond SFA would have to be considered as having the toughest road to Nooga in the history of the FCS playoffs if they have to come to WA-Griz in december and then go to Boone the next week....WOW! But thats not really going to be an issue.....the 'neers are gonna be making a long trip out west next week.....

HLNgriz
December 1st, 2009, 08:53 PM
No kidding....if you beat Richmond SFA would have to be considered as having the toughest road to Nooga in the history of the FCS playoffs if they have to come to WA-Griz in december and then go to Boone the next week....WOW! But thats not really going to be an issue.....the 'neers are gonna be making a long trip out west next week.....

JMU went on the road for all three games, than they gave them the "home cooked field";)
But I do see your point of beating UM and Appy on the road would be impressive!

MR. CHICKEN
December 1st, 2009, 08:59 PM
DELAWARE'S TRIPS TA NORFFERN IOWA....(SNOWED IN AFTERWARDS)....&....SOUFFERN ILLINOIS....WERE NO PICK-A-NIC....IN 2007.....EITHER....xeekx....AWK!

Proud Griz Man
December 1st, 2009, 09:16 PM
Here is one Nomination for weakest post of the year. xcoffeex

Montana thinks they are:

http://susty.com/image/species-spotlight-grizzly-bear-brown-mouth-open-black-nose-attacking-growling-biting-photo-468x351.jpg

When actually, they're:

http://www.all4kidz.co.nz/images/60420%20LT%20Pooh%20Hugging%20Piglet.jpg

Proud Griz Man
December 1st, 2009, 09:24 PM
Sfa wins by 2. We have a pretty good kicker so down by 1 we drive the field the last 2:00 to win it. Final 28-30. I think the griz underestimate the Texas team. IMHO. I want the game on dish network too

Go Jacks

I disagree. The Griz coaches and players are closely studying SFA film, and know how talented and speedy the Jacks are this year.
The weather is supposed to be in low-to-mid 30's and I haven't heard about wind. A windy day would impact the Jacks severely, because I understand their offense is pass-heavy.

UNH Fanboi
December 1st, 2009, 09:25 PM
DELAWARE'S TRIPS TA NORFFERN IOWA....(SNOWED IN AFTERWARDS)....&....SOUFFERN ILLINOIS....WERE NO PICK-A-NIC....IN 2007.....EITHER....xeekx....AWK!

Same for Richmond last year. Boone in the quarters and Cedar Falls in the semis.

GrizNzonecrazy
December 1st, 2009, 09:27 PM
But neither of those two went through WA-Griz......automatically disqualified.....

WyomingGrizFan
December 1st, 2009, 09:52 PM
I picked the Griz to win the National Championship, so I'm certainly not going to back off of that now. I think that Montana simply was not ready to play in the first half and that they'll be able to ride the momentum from last game into this game. SFA is and was underrated, but I don't think they're at Montana's level and had them worse than SDSU.

While it's obvious SDSU exploited some holes in Montana, this isn't the same Montana team as the last few years. The OOC wasn't weak...all that really matters in the playoffs is that you win. No one gives a damn that they outplayed their opponent and lost..

I like your opinions. Right now, though it's a one game at a time sort of deal but those are really high aspirations, especially considering the caliber of the field in this years' FCS Playoffs.
I don't know what to think about this weeks game. I'm still giddy from last week. I started out watching in a bar/lounge and once the score got to 48 - 21 I think I was the last one there, except for the hired help. I'm glad I didn't leave and stuck it out, for some reason or another; at the time I must have considered myself a glutton for punishment. Another game like that and I'm going to get into my drinking a lot heavier. Hope the Griz win this week, though. I don't underestimate Texas kids on their appreciation of the game of football. I don't think the weather will bother them, but it sure is getting frigid where I'm at.

McNeese75
December 1st, 2009, 10:28 PM
Current weather forecast for Saturday in Missoula:

High 27, Low 15 - scattered snow showers. Brrr...

Yeah but it's a dry cold :D

I sure hope there are more SFA fans travelling to partake in the Griz Fan hospitality at Red's, etc the night before the game than there are on here. Somehow I think the following will be pretty slim. Their loss on a good time xsmhx

McNeese75
December 1st, 2009, 10:29 PM

xrolleyesx Dude, seriously???? xeekx xlolx

Yep and McNeese never loses at home either xwhistlex

Grizaholic17
December 1st, 2009, 10:33 PM

xlolxxlolxxlolxxlolx

I'd much rather see you in Wa/Griz

TheOutlaw
December 1st, 2009, 10:58 PM
I have tremendous respect for SFA and what they have accomplished this season. They are no easy out, that's for sure. However, I like this match-up for The Griz. If Montana's defensive line plays physical like it did in the 4th quarter against SDSU, I like The Griz to advance. Two good offenses but I give an advantage defensively to Montana. Plus when you add in the weather, I think the road to Chattanooga ends for SFA on Saturday. It should be an entertaining game. My prediction is 48-31 Montana. Enjoy the game everyone. xthumbsupx

WyomingGrizFan
December 2nd, 2009, 06:13 AM

I'd have to agree...for the most part at least. Say for instance, about an hour and a half ago it was -25 F below zero about forty five miles away. At least there's no wind to speak of. Of course, I don't live in Myth-oola right now; that's some distance away northwest from here. That temp was near 7000 feet elevation. So it's not too bad.

Poker Alan
December 2nd, 2009, 07:22 AM

xsmhxxsmhxxrolleyesx

I admit, I was one who broached this topic, did say "IF we win this Saturday" ... &, the lack of SFA fan participation in this thread lead me to start planning ahead a bit... <shrug> sue me, or, have more SFA fans show up so that we can talk more about THIS weeks' game.

Poker Alan
December 2nd, 2009, 07:26 AM

I sure hope there are more SFA fans travelling to partake in the Griz Fan hospitality at Red's, etc the night before the game than there are on here. Somehow I think the following will be pretty slim. Their loss on a good time xsmhx

If any SFA fans are going to be in Missoula, post here and we can plan on having a couple on Friday night. Reds and many other bars will be hopping this weekend, last weekend was a bit slower, due to Thanksgiving and all the students being gone.

GrizNation93
December 2nd, 2009, 05:08 PM
eGriz is reporting that ticket sales are already over 20,000! Gonna be ROCKIN!

Grizaholic17
December 2nd, 2009, 05:44 PM
eGriz is reporting that ticket sales are already over 20,000! Gonna be ROCKIN!

The game will sell out

caribbeanhen
December 2nd, 2009, 06:19 PM
[QUOTE=GolfingGriz;1481800]Nice, AGSxoopsx. The thread is supposed to be about the game on saturday, but turns into how much we suck. As much as everyone hates us, we will be playing on saturday and we will be a tough out. QUOTE]

Most Delaware fans show Montana a tremendous amount of respect, We're just mad that our conference has become a beast like 1AA has never seen before, and right now we are not a part of it

gbhmt
December 2nd, 2009, 06:22 PM
[QUOTE=GolfingGriz;1481800]Nice, AGSxoopsx. The thread is supposed to be about the game on saturday, but turns into how much we suck. As much as everyone hates us, we will be playing on saturday and we will be a tough out. QUOTE]

Most Delaware fans show Montana a tremendous amount of respect, We're just mad that our conference has become a beast like 1AA has never seen before, and right now we are not a part of it

This thread was doing just fine before you arrived. Do us a favor and keep it that way.

Griz0383
December 2nd, 2009, 06:27 PM
Montana Weather update! Wednesday 0600 hrs in Helena, Minus 1 degrees! buuurrrrr! I'm just sayin!

caribbeanhen
December 2nd, 2009, 06:32 PM
[QUOTE=caribbeanhen;1484566]

This thread was doing just fine before you arrived. Do us a favor and keep it that way.
xconfusedx
You must consider my respect for Montana to be some sort of under the table backhanded swipe, not true at all, but I understand your sensitivity to anything CAA. Just tying to get a feel for this game. I perdict that Montana will win handily

gbhmt
December 2nd, 2009, 06:50 PM
[QUOTE=gbhmt;1484568]
xconfusedx
You must consider my respect for Montana to be some sort of under the table backhanded swipe, not true at all, but I understand your sensitivity to anything CAA. Just tying to get a feel for this game. I perdict that Montana will win handily

I just so happened to read the second half of your post, you know, the part about how the CAA is hot *****. There are no CAA teams in this matchup, so I don't see why you need to bring your league into this at all.

Proud Griz Man
December 2nd, 2009, 08:17 PM

So Delaware's decisions caused self-inflicted wounds, anger and resentment, prompting you to lash out at other innocent parties, and other childish behavior. xnonono2x

HLNgriz
December 2nd, 2009, 08:33 PM
Montana Weather update! Wednesday 0600 hrs in Helena, Minus 1 degrees! buuurrrrr! I'm just sayin!

Just remember it is the dry coldxnodx Man I lifted my hot tub cover for just a few minutes tonight to add some chlorine and the water on the cover almost instanly froze. I really do not know how these WR catch the ball when it is that cold?

TheOutlaw
December 2nd, 2009, 10:51 PM

That's almost like summer weather for The Griz players. :D

WyomingGrizFan
December 3rd, 2009, 12:22 AM
I'm sure glad we're getting to play a Southland Conference team in the Second Round instead of the First Round this year. It looks closer to Chattanooga after this years' game; into the Final Four, as they say. What is it 10 - 0 since 1994 for the Griz in Wash-Griz Stadium playing the Southland? Thank you Southland, for at least lasting into the Second Round this year. This time, if all goes well, we only got two more games left to play instead of three.

GolfingGriz
December 3rd, 2009, 01:04 AM
I'm sure glad we're getting to play a Southland Conference team in the Second Round instead of the First Round this year. It looks closer to Chattanooga after this years' game; into the Final Four, as they say. What is it 10 - 0 since 1994 for the Griz in Wash-Griz Stadium playing the Southland? Thank you Southland, for at least lasting into the Second Round this year. This time, if all goes well, we only got two more games left to play instead of three.

15-1 at home in December. Only loss was to UMass three years ago on Friday night. I like our chances, but this team might be the best Southland team we've had up here. Gotta start fast and keep the intensity up. If we can get up early, they'll be looking forward to the warm weather back home. I want it to get down to about 15 degrees and snow. Sounds about perfect to me!

caribbeanhen
December 3rd, 2009, 04:40 AM
So Delaware's decisions caused self-inflicted wounds, anger and resentment, prompting you to lash out at other innocent parties, and other childish behavior. xnonono2x

I'll give you the childish behavior, but that's about it, hey, I just dropped in to get a feel for the game and see it any SFA fans were here

caribbeanhen
December 3rd, 2009, 04:44 AM
[QUOTE=gbhmt;1484570]
. There are no CAA teams in this matchup, so I don't see why you need to bring your league into this at all.

hey, it's the playoffs, no need for the game to include a CAA team to generate interest

NSUDemon98
December 3rd, 2009, 08:30 AM
15-1 at home in December. Only loss was to UMass three years ago on Friday night. I like our chances, but this team might be the best Southland team we've had up here. Gotta start fast and keep the intensity up. If we can get up early, they'll be looking forward to the warm weather back home. I want it to get down to about 15 degrees and snow. Sounds about perfect to me!

That was probably the 2001 Northwestern State team that came up...IMO. As to the officiating, and how it ended, a lot of us are still bitter.

GoCowboys68
December 3rd, 2009, 01:53 PM
I REALLY hope you have to eat these words after Saturday!!! Here's to a NEW tradition of the Southland kicking some Griz butt!

GEAUX JACKS!!!

McNeese72
December 3rd, 2009, 02:29 PM

Nah, I would go with the 1994 McNeese team. Kerry Joseph and crew.

Doc

Eight Legger
December 3rd, 2009, 02:39 PM
I would just like to know if this is the first time in the history of college sports in which a team played back-to-back opponents who both could be referred to as "the Jacks"?

gbhmt
December 3rd, 2009, 02:42 PM
I would just like to know if this is the first time in the history of college sports in which a team played back-to-back opponents who both could be referred to as "the Jacks"?

As a matter of fact, in the last week of the regular season, Eastern Washington played....the Northern Arizona Lumberjacks! So it's actually happened twice this season now.

HLNgriz
December 3rd, 2009, 02:47 PM
What about all the "cats" we had last year? Bob Cats, Bob Cats, and then Wild Cats. Talk about hearding cats.

paul1978
December 3rd, 2009, 03:03 PM
Last year the Griz last regular season game was against the Montana State Bobcats (same every year). The Griz played the Texas State Bobcats their first round of the play offs that year.

CrunchGriz
December 3rd, 2009, 03:20 PM
What about all the "cats" we had last year? Bob Cats, Bob Cats, and then Wild Cats. Talk about hearding cats.

And they had the Bengals the week before that run.

HLNgriz
December 3rd, 2009, 07:08 PM
And they had the Bengals the week before that run.

Oh ya, I forgot about the "Big Cats"

SFA 71
December 3rd, 2009, 10:10 PM
Here, I'll get them for you.

McNeese beat themselves at SFA this season!!!

Okay, that ought to, at least, get SFA71 and Axe'emJacks here. ;)

Doc

Hummm!! Well Doc., I'll take that as a feeble attempt at humor ... but it did the job.

Time will tell grizzaholics, but don't underestimate the Jacks. If we can beat the pokeyboys we've got game.

As a side note to the doc: I'm sorry if I was too harsh to the pokeyboy brethren. My blood is too purple for my own good.:o

GolfingGriz
December 3rd, 2009, 10:36 PM
Nah, I would go with the 1994 McNeese team. Kerry Joseph and crew.

Doc

I know they got beat on a last minute Andy Larson field goal, but if Dickenson doesn't get injured early in that game McNeese woulda been blown out.

McNeese75
December 3rd, 2009, 11:00 PM
I know they got beat on a last minute Andy Larson field goal, but if Dickenson doesn't get injured early in that game McNeese woulda been blown out.

xrolleyesx Or if the field was not a frozen POS the Cowboys would have blown the doors off the Griz with or without Dickenson.

gbhmt
December 3rd, 2009, 11:06 PM
xrolleyesx Or if the field was not a frozen POS the Cowboys would have blown the doors off the Griz with or without Dickenson.

Dawwww boo hoo I'm from Texas and can't man up in the cold, boo hoo xbawlingx xbawlingxxrotatehx

SFA 71
December 3rd, 2009, 11:20 PM
Dawwww boo hoo I'm from Texas and can't man up in the cold, boo hoo xbawlingx xbawlingxxrotatehx

Or you could say " I'm from Montana and I can't man up in the 98 degree / 92% humidity during that first game in September." Come walk the walk down here, then you can talk the talk. Any group that can't build a dome in your climate has a serious problem & it's not perspiration.. or a lack of.:p

FCS Go!
December 3rd, 2009, 11:34 PM
Or you could say " I'm from Montana and I can't man up in the 98 degree / 92% humidity during that first game in September." Come walk the walk down here, then you can talk the talk. Any group that can't build a dome in your climate has a serious problem & it's not perspiration.. or a lack of.:p

Already done that (1998 IIRC). I believe the last time SFA was in Missoula their coach blamed the loss on the grass in the stadium being too long. xlolx

If not the cold, what will the excuse be this time?

Vidav
December 3rd, 2009, 11:35 PM

Why would you play football in a dome?

Tod
December 4th, 2009, 12:06 AM

I like domes just fine, but "can't" is the wrong word. Didn't want to.

FCS Go!
December 4th, 2009, 12:14 AM
Nevermind on this year's excuse. I think its going to be "We got so drunk at Reds on Thursday night that we were still hungover on Saturday".

http://photos-b.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs075.snc3/14234_228877144277_66803069277_4409418_4252413_n.j pg

gbhmt
December 4th, 2009, 12:48 AM

Haha see that's where I tell you I lived in Texas for six years so I know that it's really not difficult to do anything in that climate. Temperate!xrolleyesx

Green26
December 4th, 2009, 02:03 AM
That's Chris, the owner and founder of egriz, in the photo with the SFA qb.

APPS
December 4th, 2009, 02:44 AM
Dawwww boo hoo I'm from Texas and can't man up in the cold

What part of "Location: Lake Charles, LA" do you not understand?

Geography lesson, Louisiana is not Texas. McNeese State is in Louisiana. SFA is in Texas. xwhistlex

Torgo
December 4th, 2009, 05:23 AM

Domes are a disgrace to sports.

vettert49
December 4th, 2009, 05:42 AM

Who cares about the 1st game of september. The playoffs are in December, and thats all that matters.

Go Griz

Houndawg
December 4th, 2009, 07:31 AM

More than coincidence?

We'll let you decide.

McNeese72
December 4th, 2009, 08:08 AM
Hummm!! Well Doc., I'll take that as a feeble attempt at humor ... but it did the job.

Time will tell grizzaholics, but don't underestimate the Jacks. If we can beat the pokeyboys we've got game.

As a side note to the doc: I'm sorry if I was too harsh to the pokeyboy brethren. My blood is too purple for my own good.:o

It was an attempt but it did work. I'm over the McNeese-Jacks game and looking towards 2010.

Good luck to the Jacks in Missoula.

Doc

caribbeanhen
December 4th, 2009, 08:48 AM
More than coincidence?

We'll let you decide.

what? the fact that you and the other greyhound fan let the S. Illinois vs W&M thread diexlolx

hope you enjoyed those W&M video re-caps

gbhmt
December 4th, 2009, 10:26 AM
What part of "Location: Lake Charles, LA" do you not understand?

Geography lesson, Louisiana is not Texas. McNeese State is in Louisiana. SFA is in Texas. xwhistlex

This is the Montana vs SFA thread. I was applying his lame comment to the game at hand.xasswhipx

GolfingGriz
December 4th, 2009, 11:27 AM

Nope. Nobody, but deleware, beat Dave Dickenson. Its just factual!

putter
December 4th, 2009, 05:09 PM

hey, the Griz did that in 2004 and it only took about a quarter and 1/2 of throwing up on the field to get accustomed to the playing conditions. ;) Griz still got beat 41-29

McNeese72
December 4th, 2009, 05:46 PM
Okay, what is that white crap falling out of the sky and which one of you jokers sent it down here???? :)

Doc

Frosty The Snowbuff
December 4th, 2009, 06:07 PM
Okay, what is that white crap falling out of the sky and which one of you jokers sent it down here???? :)

Doc

.....and up here xeekx

caribbeanhen
December 4th, 2009, 08:17 PM
down here white stuff falls out of the sky, the fly if up from S. America and drop it to innocent fishermen

mtgrizfan4life
December 4th, 2009, 10:21 PM
Go check out egriz.com. It looks a few SFA players and cheerleaders were having quite the time in Missoula Thursday night. I did not believe it until I seen the pictures there.

GOKATS
December 4th, 2009, 11:10 PM
Go check out egriz.com. It looks a few SFA players and cheerleaders were having quite the time in Missoula Thursday night. I did not believe it until I seen the pictures there.

You're right on top of it..........................xrolleyesx

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/forum/showthread.php?t=66962

SFA 71
December 4th, 2009, 11:15 PM
Domes are a disgrace to sports.

So are indoor toilets, but I'd rather pee there than in an outhouse on a 27 degree day. Eat a little yellow snow & you might agree.xlolx

SFA 71
December 4th, 2009, 11:17 PM
Who cares about the 1st game of september. The playoffs are in December, and thats all that matters.

Go Griz

Good, why don't you skip the month of September & let's see if you're playing in December. xnodx

SFA 71
December 4th, 2009, 11:23 PM
Why would you play football in a dome?

Why would you live in a house? Maybe because man evolved enough to know it's better than living outside? You think? Move in and you don't have to worry about some grizz attacking you & having the advantage of a shaggy coat when your butt is freezing off. xcoolx

TheOutlaw
December 4th, 2009, 11:58 PM
So are indoor toilets, but I'd rather pee there than in an outhouse on a 27 degree day. Eat a little yellow snow & you might agree.xlolx

Why would Montana play in a dome? They have a huge home field advantage playing in the cold over teams from the South. Football players always say that it's easier for a cold weather team to play in the heat than vice versa. Everyone experiences some form of hot weather throughout the year but not everyone knows what 10 degrees feels like. Your boys will find that out in about 13 hours. :D Enjoy the game.

vettert49
December 5th, 2009, 03:01 AM
Good, why don't you skip the month of September & let's see if you're playing in December. xnodx

We did, you've seen our schedule!

Go Griz

JohnStOnge
December 5th, 2009, 08:03 AM
High temperature today forecast at 22. Ouch. SFA surprised the heck out of me last week so I'll hold out some hope for them anyway. Not a lot, but some.

JohnStOnge
December 5th, 2009, 08:18 AM
What? No free webcast? I thought all the big Big Sky games were webcast for free on...what is it...Big Sky TV.

100%GRIZ
December 5th, 2009, 09:03 AM
What? No free webcast? I thought all the big Big Sky games were webcast for free on...what is it...Big Sky TV.

This is run by ESPN now not Big Sky TV!!!

SFA 71
December 5th, 2009, 09:29 AM
We did, you've seen our schedule!

Go Griz

Why would I want to see you schedule? You yourself said the only games that matter are the one played in December. xnodx

SFA 71
December 5th, 2009, 09:42 AM
Why would Montana play in a dome? They have a huge home field advantage playing in the cold over teams from the South. Football players always say that it's easier for a cold weather team to play in the heat than vice versa. Everyone experiences some form of hot weather throughout the year but not everyone knows what 10 degrees feels like. Your boys will find that out in about 13 hours. :D Enjoy the game.

Yep! That's pretty much what I think. It's not a matter of who has the best team, it's who can adjust to the miserable conditions that they are faced to play in. Playing in a dome or playing in a weather neutral site would produce a true champion based on their football playing ability not their ability to adapt to the weather. I think any game played in Montana in the middle of the winter is going to be tainted by that fact. Is you team that good or did they just win because they grew up in that element? I'd rather be in a fair fight than in a fight where I start off with an obvious disadvantage. You grizzaholics know it & use it to your advantage - Hell, you brag about it -- but can you EVER be able to say you have a better team if that's the only way you can win? May the team with the best pair of LongJohns win. xthumbsupx

Bronco
December 5th, 2009, 09:48 AM
Just came in from loading up the tailgate gear and it's not that cold out. "I don't think the heavy stuff's gonna come down for quite a while."

Maybe get a seed next year and you won't have to worry about things...I love home playoff games

Go Griz

100%GRIZ
December 5th, 2009, 09:48 AM
Yep! That's pretty much what I think. It's not a matter of who has the best team, it's who can adjust to the miserable conditions that they are faced to play in. Playing in a dome or playing in a weather neutral site would produce a true champion based on their football playing ability not their ability to adapt to the weather. I think any game played in Montana in the middle of the winter is going to be tainted by that fact. Is you team that good or did they just win because they grew up in that element? I'd rather be in a fair fight than in a fight where I start off with an obvious disadvantage. You grizzaholics know it & use it to your advantage - Hell, you brag about it -- but can you EVER be able to say you have a better team if that's the only way you can win? May the team with the best pair of LongJohns win. xthumbsupx

WOW - Conceding the Game already!!! I Like That!!!

fltheadgriz
December 5th, 2009, 10:24 AM
Sorry this is not the middle of winter. Heck winter doesn't officially start until December 20th or 21st.
NO this is the first snow storm of the season. The beginning of winter not the middle.
I also thought football is a game about the elements.

SFA 71
December 5th, 2009, 10:45 AM
WOW - Conceding the Game already!!! I Like That!!!
You think you have better longjohns than us? Like what you want but don't be looking for any concession speech from me!:p

SFA 71
December 5th, 2009, 10:49 AM
Sorry this is not the middle of winter. Heck winter doesn't officially start until December 20th or 21st.
NO this is the first snow storm of the season. The beginning of winter not the middle.
I also thought football is a game about the elements.
It is, but it shouldn't be the deciding factor. I don't think you would relish playing us in our stadium with our crowd & heat anymore than we do playing before your 2500 normal people and 17500 weirdos & your freezing temps. That's WHY they call it a home field advantage.xnodx

Torgo
December 5th, 2009, 11:19 AM

Domes create a home field advantage too, domes favor speed. Montana isn't a really fast team, so that would create a big advantage for SFA if this were played in a dome. Teams are built for the conditions they play in, the good ones adapt to other conditions too. Put the old 'Greatest Show on Turf' Rams on Pittsburgh's grass and watch their offensive numbers fall like a rock.

If you want to call it tainted because a football game was played in the elements well, then... xcoffeex

vettert49
December 5th, 2009, 11:51 AM

I see the excuses are coming out already. Let the players speak for themselves out on the field, they don't need you to fight thier battles for them. Plus I don't understand your statment about groing up in the elements the Griz have:
13 players on thier roster from California
4 from Arizona
and 1 from Georgia

Most are from the northwest but not all are acclimated. And nobody accually likes playing in below freezing weather, they just dont bitch about it.

JohnStOnge
December 5th, 2009, 11:56 AM
I actually like the fact that weather can be a factor. In fact one aspect of the FBS system I don't like is that the big post season games are almost always played under conditions that favor warm weather teams. It could very well be an entirely different thing if there were a playoff system like in FCS and teams from places like Gainsville, Florida, would have to go play road playoff games at places like Columbus, Ohio, or Ann Arbor, Michigan during December. Even though I'm from the South I kind of like it better if the teams from the North get to play big games under "their" conditions at times. To me a national champion should be able to play in those conditions as well as the nice warm ones.

Poker Alan
December 5th, 2009, 12:16 PM

Really, just a whiny post here.... "tainted" ? Every team has a homefield advantage, in some way or another. You MUST be able to come up with a better excuse than that, this excuse wouldn't even make the book of excuses, just would wind up on the cutting room floor.

GrizBowl
December 5th, 2009, 01:12 PM
interception, montana with the ball

GrizBowl
December 5th, 2009, 01:13 PM
montana punt, sfa with the ball at the 6th yd line

gbhmt
December 5th, 2009, 01:16 PM
montana punt, sfa with the ball at the 6th yd line

http://anygivensaturday.com/forum/showthread.php?t=67002

McNeese75
December 6th, 2009, 09:14 PM

xrolleyesx I guess I should have clarified my comment. I did not intend to include SFA Players in the suggestions for Reds xwhistlex