PDA

View Full Version : App St @ Richmond (The Trilogy)

Pages : [1] 2

T-Dog
November 28th, 2009, 03:27 PM
aka The Battle of The Last Four National Champs.

In 2007, App St won by 20. In 2008 Richmond won by 20. So we're even in aggregate. :p

And for the first time since 2001, App St is packing their bags in the playoffs. So many people will finally find out if App St can win on the road in the playoffs.

Today, both teams played terrible offensively, but stellar defensively. Both teams are a bit lucky to be playing, but who cares if they're still playing?

I think this is the most intriguing round of 8 game regardless of who wins.

paward
November 28th, 2009, 03:33 PM
We are happy to welcome you guys to our "House". Safe travels, see next week.

T-Dog
November 28th, 2009, 03:35 PM

We will be more than happy to close down your "House" with an App win. :)

theasushow
November 28th, 2009, 03:36 PM
If the Montana score holds, and ASU were some how able to beat Richmond (which is a very very big if), guess where the National Semi-final would probably be held?? Obviously getting waaay ahead of myself, APP cant play the way they did today and expect to beat UR.

asknoquarter21
November 28th, 2009, 03:37 PM
Looks like whoever wins might be hosting semis

paward
November 28th, 2009, 03:41 PM
If the Montana score holds, and ASU were some how able to beat Richmond (which is a very very big if), guess where the National Semi-final would probably be held?? Obviously getting waaay ahead of myself, APP cant play the way they did today and expect to beat UR.

We could say the same. We both move on to play another day.

Aho_Old_Guy
~~~
And for the first time since 2001, App St is packing their bags in the playoffs. So many people will finally find out if App St can win on the road in the playoffs.
~~~

Appalachian does not stand a chance --- if they play Stink Bowl II against UR.

It was tough to watch AE hobble and slide ... and run 'Interception Right' and 'Interception Left' today.

AppMAN04
This is great!! I cant wait and I know there are going to be a lot of hard hits and big time plays on both teams....Today they were bad but next week is a whole other story...

GO APPS!!

seattlespider
November 28th, 2009, 03:43 PM
Probably the less said by both teams (and fans) about today's games, the better.

BigHouseClosedEnd
November 28th, 2009, 03:50 PM
Bring on the Mountaineers!!!

theasushow
November 28th, 2009, 03:54 PM
Well UR and ASU did have one common opponent this year......

theasushow
November 28th, 2009, 04:04 PM
[QUOTE=theasushow;1480011]If the Montana score holds

insert foot in mouth.

Aho_Old_Guy
November 28th, 2009, 04:23 PM

http://i716.photobucket.com/albums/ww165/Back_at_the_Ranch/ASU-missing.jpg

Missing since November 14, 2009.

1appfan
November 28th, 2009, 04:53 PM
Obviously I would rather this game be in Boone, but going to Richmond for the rubber game of this great match-up is somehow fitting. Would love to see http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_FQQONgG3Y4 happen again, but with a banged up knee I will hope for 75% from Armanti. 75% for him is still better than 99% of other qbs. Can't wait for next Saturday. Anyone have an idea what time the game will be?

kdinva
November 28th, 2009, 05:00 PM
This will be a hard-hitting game, no doubt. Playing on grass will be to UR's advantage, and their defense better than SCSU's.......and no doubt more than 6,140 will attend this one (I expect ASU to bring 5,000 + themselves).
UR 24, App. St. 17

seattlespider
November 28th, 2009, 05:01 PM
Obviously I would rather this game be in Boone, but going to Richmond for the rubber game of this great match-up is somehow fitting. Would love to see http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_FQQONgG3Y4 happen again, but with a banged up knee I will hope for 75% from Armanti. 75% for him is still better than 99% of other qbs. Can't wait for next Saturday. Anyone have an idea what time the game will be?

Probably waiting for the last game to end. ESPN could pick this one up. I'd bet they will.

1appfan
November 28th, 2009, 05:05 PM
Probably waiting for the last game to end. ESPN could pick this one up. I'd bet they will.

That would be great exposure for both schools. xthumbsupx

Edge316007
November 28th, 2009, 05:07 PM
I know Richmond doesn't seat much, but is there any chance to get tickets to this one as an App fan?

mcveyrl
November 28th, 2009, 05:08 PM
The ESPNU broadcast said that all quarterfinal games will be on ESPN360. Are they picking any up for tv?

Mountaineer#96
November 28th, 2009, 05:08 PM

Some might argue they haven't been around since earlier than that.....xeyebrowx

seattlespider
November 28th, 2009, 05:11 PM
I know Richmond doesn't seat much, but is there any chance to get tickets to this one as an App fan?

Richmond Stadium seats 22k. Their new stadium won't seat more than 9k, but that's not until next season.

kdinva
November 28th, 2009, 05:11 PM

UR's stadium (this one) seats 21,800, no problem for getting tickets.

SpidersSportsEditor
November 28th, 2009, 05:25 PM

I wouldn't wait around, though. This is the biggest game in the recent history of Richmond football. Even casual Richmond fans know App St and will show up for it. I'd expect 20,000 plus.

State Line Liquors
November 28th, 2009, 05:26 PM

All Quarterfinal games are going to either be on a member of the ESPN family or ESPN360. They said that during the App game earlier.

T-Dog
November 28th, 2009, 05:28 PM
I'm going to need some help here.

http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/rich/sports/m-footbl/auto_widephoto/2372248.jpeg

Where's the best lot to park? And can you relax the "lots open 3 hours before kickoff rule?"

seattlespider
November 28th, 2009, 05:28 PM
All Quarterfinal games are going to either be on a member of the ESPN family or ESPN360. They said that during the App game earlier.

Hopefully we don't get saddled with 360.

SpidersSportsEditor
November 28th, 2009, 05:30 PM

http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/rich/sports/m-footbl/auto_widephoto/2372248.jpeg

Where's the best lot App fans can invade and show you private school tea-sipper how to tailgate to park? And can you relax the "lots open 3 hours before kickoff rule?"

That's a tough one. Real answer: nowhere. Parking is going to be a disaster. There is enough roadside parking, but not ideal for tailgating. And don't park in the tow away zones, because they will tow you.

SpidersSportsEditor
November 28th, 2009, 05:30 PM
Hopefully we don't get saddled with 360.

We won't. App St. is a big draw and Richmond is the defending national champ. This will be ESPN's No. 1 FCS game.

BigHouseClosedEnd
November 28th, 2009, 05:34 PM

Don't be so sure.

Bettina90
November 28th, 2009, 05:55 PM
Is there any way this game is Prime Time? Either Friday or Saturday night?

Although Saturday would probably be bad for ESPN, with Fl-Bama that night. Friday night would be great (not even sure if they ever do that with Quarters) but I am sure some who are attending would hate it.

PhoenixSupreme
November 28th, 2009, 05:56 PM
I'm debating on showing up for this one (rooting for conference of course)

GreatAppSt
November 28th, 2009, 06:15 PM
and ASU were some how able to beat Richmond(which is a very very big if) .

Come the $#@ on!xmadx

Will one of you UR fans send this guy a spider shirt, I think you have a convert. xrolleyesx

HiHiYikas
November 28th, 2009, 06:17 PM
Bring toll money. Make sure it's change, so there's not too much of a backup. I have a Smart Tag, so I'm not sure how much the toll actually costs. Most of the tolls around here just went up to 70 cents (to pay for more toll booths xnutsx).

The immediate area around the stadium is residential, with on-street parking. That's where you'll get towed.

Once you get several blocks from the stadium, it's OK to park on the street. And, in Kidd-Brewer terms, it's not a very long walk.

You could park around Cary Town, (http://www.carytownrva.org/) either on the street or in one of the free public lots, and have a shorter, easier walk to the stadium than you'd have from the Raley lot at ASU.

DTSpider
November 28th, 2009, 06:19 PM
I already can't wait for next Saturday. Just glad to be at home. From the sounds of it, both teams will have to step it up next weekend.

jedmis10
November 28th, 2009, 06:53 PM

We're coming!

ItsyBitsySpider
November 28th, 2009, 07:10 PM
I didn't catch any of App's game today. Is Armanti 100%. In reading the game thread, it sounds like he shied away from a lot of contact. What's your read on the situation?

AppStsGr8
November 28th, 2009, 07:16 PM

Thanks. I haven't been to UR in several decades and am looking forward to driving around a bit before heading out to the stadium. I don't suppose you could drum up a water polo tournament for me to watch next weekend while I'm in the neighborhood. That would bring back some great old memories to put with these great new ones.

AppStsGr8
November 28th, 2009, 07:19 PM
I didn't catch any of App's game today. Is Armanti 100%. In reading the game thread, it sounds like he shied away from a lot of contact. What's your read on the situation?

My take today was about 80% with what appeared to be strict instructions to protect the knee. His mobility was definitely curtailed or missing. SCSU was able to key on the pass rushing very effectively without AE as a factor in the run game. Both Coach Moore and AE mentioned in the postgame interviews that the knee was getting better all the time.

DTSpider
November 28th, 2009, 07:22 PM
Anyone heard the game time yet?

App Attack
November 28th, 2009, 07:28 PM
This will be a hard-hitting game, no doubt. Playing on grass will be to UR's advantage, and their defense better than SCSU's.......and no doubt more than 6,140 will attend this one (I expect ASU to bring 5,000 + themselves).
UR 24, App. St. 17

After today, I have a hard time believing any FCS defense is better than SCSU's. If so, not by much. We shall see.

spdram
November 28th, 2009, 07:29 PM
Lots 3, 4 & 5 are visitor/general admission parking. I expect they will fill up early. Three hours tailgating is usually about all that is allowed due to ABC issues. They don't make a big deal about it, but wise to have a cup or coolie for the beverage of your choice.

mattmets
November 28th, 2009, 07:31 PM
All games in the second round are still TBA, per ncaasports.com

Last year's games were:
UR @ ASU- Noon
Weber St @ Montana 2 PM
Villanova @ JMU 3:30 PM
UNH @ UNI 7 PM

GreatAppSt
November 28th, 2009, 07:31 PM
Richmond is toast.xnodx

Grizaholic17
November 28th, 2009, 07:32 PM
Without a doubt this is the game of the week. I will be very intrigued throughout the Griz game to the score of this one. If our Griz pull off another win, this is the game that decides the team to travel...and boy oh boy would we love to see both of you :)

SpidersSportsEditor
November 28th, 2009, 07:32 PM

Although Saturday would probably be bad for ESPN, with Fl-Bama that night. Friday night would be great (not even sure if they ever do that with Quarters) but I am sure some who are attending would hate it.

All the quarterfinals games will be played on Saturday, so no Friday night prime time. My guess is either Saturday at noon or 7 p.m. Should be out by the end of the night tonight, and if not, definitely tomorrow morning.

PhoenixMan
November 28th, 2009, 07:51 PM

I don't know how App St. played, but they can certainly beat UR. Stop Ward from getting loose, and you have a great chance. We picked him off 3 times, but their defense was tough, and we didn't take advantage. If our kicker makes either of a 24 yarder or 42 yarder inside of two minutes we go to overtime. I don't think Elon or UR played their best, but UR played well enough to win. App. St....make the SoCon proud next week!

GreatAppSt
November 28th, 2009, 07:58 PM
I don't know how App St. played, but they can certainly beat UR. Stop Ward from getting loose, and you have a great chance. We picked him off 3 times, but their defense was tough, and we didn't take advantage. If our kicker makes either of a 24 yarder or 42 yarder inside of two minutes we go to overtime. I don't think Elon or UR played their best, but UR played well enough to win. App. St....make the SoCon proud next week!

WOW!

Thanks

???? I'm looking for the hookxeyebrowx

xsmiley_wix

HiHiYikas
November 28th, 2009, 08:18 PM
I am just thrilled this game is happening. I have spent no less than 5 hours on the road for every App game I've attended in the last 6 years. And I've been to a lot of App games, all things considered. Most of the time, it's more like 10 hours.

I could just about walk to this one - three and a half miles from my front door! (maybe I will walk).

HenZoneNation
November 28th, 2009, 08:23 PM
If you think SCSU defense is good wait till you see William and Mary, Nova, and Richmond...Let's just chalk up today to a rough offensive day for ASU and not a real struggle with MEAC school...if it wasn't, and that was the best D you faced, then things aren't going to go well for you next week.

Go Spiders...Their Coach and Ward are class acts...

CAA 4-0...nosurprise there.

KiddBrewer
November 28th, 2009, 08:39 PM
Some might argue they haven't been around since earlier than that.....xeyebrowx

some people may be spolied rotten.....xwhistlex

KiddBrewer
November 28th, 2009, 08:41 PM
If you think SCSU defense is good wait till you see William and Mary, Nova, and Richmond...Let's just chalk up today to a rough offensive day for ASU and not a real struggle with MEAC school...if it wasn't, and that was the best D you faced, then things aren't going to go well for you next week.

Go Spiders...Their Coach and Ward are class acts...

CAA 4-0...nosurprise there.

MEAC defense is your specialty? youve probably seen tape of all of SCST's games this year and know exactly what kinda defense they have, correct? theres no way youre a CAA homer, ofcourse.

ur2k
November 28th, 2009, 08:47 PM

Where's the best lot to park? And can you relax the "lots open 3 hours before kickoff rule?"

Lots #3,4,5 are the guest lots. All lots open 3 hours before kickoff normally. We would love an extra hour for this game like we have had in some other big games.

I am giddy for AE to come to UR for the rubber match. xrotatehx

Let us know if you have any questions, y'all have been good hosts the last 2 years and we're ready to return the favor.

Tell AE to watch for #39 again :D

Bettina90
November 28th, 2009, 08:51 PM
that's what the Montana fans said last round.

That said, I have no feel for this game, I think each team's fans may be haunted by the worst case scenario they envision from the last two years.

theasushow
November 28th, 2009, 08:53 PM

That said, I have no feel for this game, I think each team's fans may be haunted by the worst case scenario they envision from the last two years.

exactly. i will say it feels really weird getting ready for a playoff game that isnt either in chatty or KBS.

KiddBrewer
November 28th, 2009, 08:56 PM

i feel ya there brotherxthumbsupxxnonono2x

PhoenixMan
November 28th, 2009, 09:04 PM
WOW!

Thanks

???? I'm looking for the hookxeyebrowx

xsmiley_wix

You know what......I changed my mind after thinking more about it. The Richmond fans on here and that I saw at the game were cordial and respectful. Far from what I see from Appy fans. Screw the SoCon....Rip 'em a new one Spiders and win it Back to Back!

HiHiYikas
November 28th, 2009, 09:05 PM
I'm debating on showing up for this one (rooting for conference of course)
Just go down to VCU's bookstore and pick up one of those "I BLEED BLACK AND GOLD" shirts, and you'll fit right it. xnodx

GreatAppSt
November 28th, 2009, 09:16 PM
You know what......I changed my mind after thinking more about it. The Richmond fans on here and that I saw at the game were cordial and respectful. Far from what I see from Appy fans. Screw the SoCon....Rip 'em a new one Spiders and win it Back to Back! xlolxxlolxxlolxxlolx

I feel better now the earth has settled back on it's axis. The sigularity vortex that appeared after your previous post and was closing on us, has collapsed in on itself and vanished. All is again as it should be. Whew, ya had me worried there PM.xthumbsupx

Griswold
November 28th, 2009, 09:29 PM
Anyone heard the game time yet?

Or when they will announce the game times?

mattmets
November 28th, 2009, 09:40 PM
The App post-game release says the time will be announced Sunday.

HenZoneNation
November 28th, 2009, 10:16 PM
KiddBrewer,

The MEAC is a lower level conference in the FCS. Before their website was shut down, even their own fans were concerned with their level of play. Since 2000 they are now a combine 0-11. You do the math. It's getting to the point where I don't believe the MEAC should have an automatic bid. You're team better show up on Saturday better than they did today or their dead in the water. Check your facts before you open your mouth.

GreatAppSt
November 28th, 2009, 10:24 PM
KiddBrewer,

The MEAC is a lower level conference in the FCS. Before their website was shut down, even their own fans were concerned with their level of play. Since 2000 they are now a combine 0-11. You do the math. It's getting to the point where I don't believe the MEAC should have an automatic bid. You're team better show up on Saturday better than they did today or their dead in the water. Check your facts before you open your mouth. Better stay away from rain showers!

Bettina90
November 28th, 2009, 10:26 PM
This thread has the potential for the Ultimate CAA-SoCon Mouth-Running showdown.

gophoenix
November 28th, 2009, 10:43 PM
This thread has the potential for the Ultimate CAA-SoCon Mouth-Running showdown.

Just wait until the game when the locusts swarm in and run their mouths real-time.

bullseye44
November 28th, 2009, 10:46 PM

Aww - is it too early to talk about how much the winner is going to stomp on the Griz? xlolx

HenZoneNation
November 28th, 2009, 10:51 PM
GreatAppSt,

So the MEAC is a super powerful conference? If so, then you're good. No worries. xrotatehx

Bettina90
November 28th, 2009, 10:57 PM
Aww - is it too early to talk about how much the winner is going to stomp on the Griz? xlolx

Just hoping you guys stomp on SIU, like I know "you"/they can.

Reign of Terrier
November 28th, 2009, 11:06 PM
The MEAC may be a bad conference but SC state only let 1 team from that conference score more than 13 points on them. They let 4 teams (including App) score 20+ and one of those was South Carolina. Those are impressive numbers no matter how you draw it

HiHiYikas
November 28th, 2009, 11:09 PM
Not that we can't all run our mouths, but I think the recent ASU-JMU rivalry was the Ultimate CAA-SoCon Mouth-Running showdown.

No disrespect, but JMU+ASU=more mouths than ASU+UR.

Plus, when you're talking about ASU & JMU...we've got all those safety school kids who were the first in their family to go to college, so we've got much closer ties to all that exuberant boorishness. xnutsx

But hey, no harm in giving it a shot...

HenZoneNation
November 28th, 2009, 11:15 PM
Youngterrier,

They are a terrible conference, really just terrible. We played DSU in 07, though we made it to the NC was not one of our best teams, and we absolutely destroyed them. 0-11, not one win in a decade...come on? I think ASU is way better than that and just had a bas offensive game...it happens.

Reign of Terrier
November 28th, 2009, 11:20 PM
Youngterrier,

They are a terrible conference, really just terrible. We played DSU in 07, though we made it to the NC was not one of our best teams, and we absolutely destroyed them. 0-11, not one win in a decade...come on? I think ASU is way better than that and just had a bas offensive game...it happens.

they played a bad game but at the same time I think they are a better team than we give them credit for, the MEAC may be as bad a conference as it has showed but I don't think SC State was the worst team in the bracket

ThompsonThe
November 28th, 2009, 11:25 PM
So much talk about conference. Have not seen conference listed as winning one game, in any year. Your CAA fans are eat up with it. Conferences go up and down like teams. The CAA will also.
Doesn't surprise me that many Elon fans will root for Richmond. First time in the playoffs, wanting whoever beats them to win it all. No conference allegience....sounds like Elon.
Looks as if it's App State against the world again. That's OK. Will make it that much sweeter winning the final football game played in Richmond's *****ty Stadium as some of you have called it.

Bettina90
November 28th, 2009, 11:32 PM
Not that we can't all run our mouths, but I think the recent ASU-JMU rivalry was the Ultimate CAA-SoCon Mouth-Running showdown.

No disrespect, but JMU+ASU=more mouths than ASU+UR.

Plus, when you're talking about ASU & JMU...we've got all those safety school kids who were the first in their family to go to college, so we've got much closer ties to all that exuberant boorishness. xnutsx

But hey, no harm in giving it a shot...

Haha, Touche. Did I mention I occasionally post after a couple pops and have some lingering anger issues with ASU folks that talk numbers? Looking forward to Saturday, so long as my wife does not go into labor. Her due date is Saturday, I am hoping she/he holds off.

StonewallSpider
November 28th, 2009, 11:32 PM
i love it

Bettina90
November 28th, 2009, 11:35 PM
So much talk about conference. Have not seen conference listed as winning one game, in any year. Your CAA fans are eat up with it. Conferences go up and down like teams. The CAA will also.
Doesn't surprise me that many Elon fans will root for Richmond. First time in the playoffs, wanting whoever beats them to win it all. No conference allegience....sounds like Elon.
Looks as if it's App State against the world again. That's OK. Will make it that much sweeter winning the final football game played in Richmond's *****ty Stadium as some of you have called it.

And I agree with that, conferences go up and down, but this is not a "down year" for the CAA. Richmond's will start next year. But Delaware and JMU will fill the void.

appirishmen
November 28th, 2009, 11:47 PM

haha. yea. screw all the hot air. this will be a good game. the committee needs to add a little variety in the seeding. it seems we always play UR haha o well. to be the best you have to beat the best. this is going to be a hard fought game between two good teams. both need to play better next week. lets go and have a good game. i cant wait to get to UR for the game. any good places to eat?

HiHiYikas
November 28th, 2009, 11:47 PM
Haha, Touche. Did I mention I occasionally post after a couple pops and have some lingering anger issues with ASU folks that talk numbers? Looking forward to Saturday, so long as my wife does not go into labor. Her due date is Saturday, I am hoping she/he holds off.
No worries...some of the best folks I know are old, retired UR alums who were the first in their family to go to college. Mostly locals who went to UR back when locals still went to UR.

My wife went into labor last year the day before the ASU-WCU game. I gave away my tickets to the Elon game (11/15/08) because by then she was at the "any day now" point.

And FYI, I can think of 2 or 3 hospitals that are close enough to UR Stadium for you to sneak out and catch some of the game. Labor takes a looong time. You owe it to yourself to take a break, get some air...

(Oh, and 'Armanti' is a great name.)

HenZoneNation
November 28th, 2009, 11:48 PM
YoungTerrier,

When your conference has been as bad as the MEAC has been, until you win in the playoffs there is absolutely no credibility. Look at some of the other threads. There are members of this site giving CAA teams grief for wins over schools in much better conferneces then the MEAC.

I believe ASU had an off day...I do...if I'm wrong then they are dead next week.

StonewallSpider
November 28th, 2009, 11:51 PM
haha. yea. screw all the hot air. this will be a good game. the committee needs to add a little variety in the seeding. it seems we always play UR haha o well. to be the best you have to beat the best. this is going to be a hard fought game between two good teams. both need to play better next week. lets go and have a good game. i cant wait to get to UR for the game. any good places to eat?

best pizza is mary angela's, best bbq is buzz and ned's, best asian buffet is super king

GreatAppSt
November 28th, 2009, 11:52 PM
GreatAppSt,

So the MEAC is a super powerful conference? If so, then you're good. No worries. xrotatehx Don't be so lame to attempt speaking words for me. I have only addresed how an upturned nose can result in drowning son.

HenZoneNation
November 28th, 2009, 11:54 PM
I finally get a glimpse at an APPY education...very interesting....very xlolx

bullseye44
November 28th, 2009, 11:59 PM
Just hoping you guys stomp on SIU, like I know "you"/they can.

You and me both. Would love another shot at 'Nova...or another home game with UNH xnodx

GreatAppSt
November 29th, 2009, 12:09 AM
Then educate yourself where the smack ---------------------> board is, this is not it.xsmiley_wix

appirishmen
November 29th, 2009, 12:14 AM
best pizza is mary angela's, best bbq is buzz and ned's, best asian buffet is super king

cool. thanks

HenZoneNation
November 29th, 2009, 12:22 AM
I'm not talkning smack...just an observation...of course you're awfully sensitive for a football board xcoolx

HiHiYikas
November 29th, 2009, 12:26 AM
i cant wait to get to UR for the game. any good places to eat?
too many to list.

Stonewall's spot-on about Super-King and Buz and Ned's. But Mary Angela's isn't the best pizza in town. It's a good place to get a slice of Pizza, but not the best in town.

That would be Bottom's Up, which is in a great section of town to visit.

Sticky Rice (sushi), Bandito's (Tex-Mex), and Kuba Kuba (Cuban) are pretty good. Near UR stadium is Cary Town, a pretty cool shopping/dining district. Mary Angela's is there.

So is Thai Diner, Too (best Thai in town, IMO) and Mom's Siam (also good Thai). Cary Town Burgers & Fries, Coppola's Deli, Can Can (French), Galaxy Diner (kind of a campy place with UFO decor and fried pickles), and lots of other good restaurants.

Bettina90
November 29th, 2009, 12:26 AM
No worries...some of the best folks I know are old, retired UR alums who were the first in their family to go to college. Mostly locals who went to UR back when locals still went to UR.

My wife went into labor last year the day before the ASU-WCU game. I gave away my tickets to the Elon game (11/15/08) because by then she was at the "any day now" point.

And FYI, I can think of 2 or 3 hospitals that are close enough to UR Stadium for you to sneak out and catch some of the game. Labor takes a looong time. You owe it to yourself to take a break, get some air...

(Oh, and 'Armanti' is a great name.)

But alas, like many Richmond grads, I am not local. Hopefully if it goes down on Saturday the hospital in Delaware has the feed or I will bring my laptop.

SpiderInTheMixingBowl
November 29th, 2009, 01:01 AM
Superstars on Patterson used to have the most amazing sandwiches. I'm on the gluten-free diet, so haven't had tried it in a few years.

Can anyone report if they're still good?

AppStateSVX
November 29th, 2009, 01:18 AM
dang....this game finally comes to UR.

I really wish I could make it.

i'm in the middle of a move to Charleston though, no way i could make it.

I really hope both teams are able to play to their potential. I've hoped for this game for a while.

If App pulls it off, and the Griz.......we could FINALLY have a game we've all dreamt of. even if the dream involves it being in Chatty :(

Sturgisjeff
November 29th, 2009, 04:42 AM
As a South Dakota State U fan who attended the Elon Richmond game yesterday I just got to say great game and go Spiders and anyone else who plays Montana. And if App St. wins beat Montana.

APPS
November 29th, 2009, 05:00 AM
I'm not talkning smack...just an observation...of course you're awfully sensitive for a football board

Is everyone not from Delaware "awfully sensitive"? Do you know there is a smack board here? Do you know that Delaware is not in the playoffs again this year? Do you know that ASU has won three times as many D-I football championships as UD? If we can get past UR then I think it will soon be four times as many as UD.

fightingphoenix
November 29th, 2009, 06:26 AM
Go Richmond! Beat App! And App people you might watch out for those bias refs. They don't have an instant replay in that stadium so the refs think they can get away with certain calls.

Banks!!!
November 29th, 2009, 07:10 AM
While it was tough to watch, I can really appreciate the decision to limit AE's scrambling and running yesterday. He's been wanting this game for almost year now, here's to hoping he's 100% for it. Should be a great matchup.

AppMAN04
November 29th, 2009, 07:30 AM
I just love how everyone who is not in the playoffs (Elon,UD) are talking junk and really is sad... Elon excuses excuses..chokeaholics!!

We need to get back to the real topic of this discussion which is the triology between these 2 powerhouses in football who have beat both of your teams... The winner Will be the next champion..The winner will be ASU!!
We will get it together

Saint3333
November 29th, 2009, 07:37 AM
I love how CAA teams sitting at home are beating their chest the last two weeks...

Should be a good game, both teams will have to play better than yesterday though. However, I think both SCST and Elon were better than the respective fanbases were giving them credit earlier in the week. Here's hoping AE has the green light to run by the coaches next week.

Seems like Bett and the UR fans are talking a little less smack today towards ASU today.

gophoenix
November 29th, 2009, 07:39 AM

So much talk about conference. On one hand, you want to bash the CAA guys for conference allegiance. And out of the other side of your mouth you want to bash Elon fans for not pulling for their conference. So, which is it?

But, hey, justify however you will. I would invite you to take a look at your own message board and the number of App people who were pulling against Elon this weekend, and the number of App people talking smack because we lost. Why in God's name would any EVER pull for App with the way your fan base acts? You'd think winning like you guys do, you would act a bit better, not like a group of Carolina fans.

Go Spiders!

SideLine Shooter
November 29th, 2009, 07:41 AM
Go Richmond! Beat App! And App people you might watch out for those bias refs. They don't have an instant replay in that stadium so the refs think they can get away with certain calls.

Amazing. Have you ever been to a football game before yesterday? Typical.xlolxxlolx

AppMAN04
November 29th, 2009, 07:49 AM
So much talk about conference. On one hand, you want to bash the CAA guys for conference allegiance. And out of the other side of your mouth you want to bash Elon fans for not pulling for their conference. So, which is it?

But, hey, justify however you will. I would invite you to take a look at your own message board and the number of App people who were pulling against Elon this weekend, and the number of App people talking smack because we lost. Why in God's name would any EVER pull for App with the way your fan base acts? You'd think winning like you guys do, you would act a bit better, not like a group of Carolina fans.

Go Spiders!

Nothing Wrong with Being cocky if its been proven that we are amongst the best programs in the FCS!! Just like Carolina We are going to be there no matter what happens and who we lose!!

I did pull for Elon yesterday because we are in the same conf , but everyone knows that UR is the better game in the end for us..

GO APPS!!

MacThor
November 29th, 2009, 07:57 AM

LOL. They don't have instant replay in ANY FCS stadium. Replay starts in the semis.

MacThor
November 29th, 2009, 08:00 AM

Is UR stadium required by NCAA tournament by-laws to serve only Mountain Dew at next week's game? It's been so long since ASU's played a road playoff game they'll have to check the book. xsmiley_wix

HenZoneNation
November 29th, 2009, 08:03 AM
Apps,

You guys have been much better than us the last 5 years...let's see what happens after AE leaves. I feel fairly confident that our program will right itself. Of course it would probably have been corrected if we switched over to the SoCo. Didn't mean to upset you...but if you struggled with an MEAC team...you're in trouble with Richmond.

caribbeanhen
November 29th, 2009, 08:05 AM
c'mon Spiders, take out ASU

paul1978
November 29th, 2009, 08:06 AM
LOL. They don't have instant replay in ANY FCS stadium. Replay starts in the semis.

I believe that is his point.

Keep laughing. I am. xlolx

SideLine Shooter
November 29th, 2009, 08:09 AM
Is UR stadium required by NCAA tournament by-laws to serve only Mountain Dew at next week's game? It's been so long since ASU's played a road playoff game they'll have to check the book. xsmiley_wix

Don't worry, we'll bring our on for the pre-game anyway.xlolxxlolxxlolxxnodx

Saint3333
November 29th, 2009, 08:13 AM
Ok enough BS, let's talk football.

Three keys to the game:

1. The ASU defense will have to keep Ward in the pocket, if he runs on us it will be a long day.

2. The o-line will have to give AE more time than he had vs. SCST yesterday, way too much pressure on him as I rewatch the game this morning.

3. Coverage of the three solid WRs that UR has. ASU hasn't faced a team with three capable WRs like this, usually we face teams with one "go-to" guy and maybe a good secondary WR (Elon, UTC, Citadel, SCST).

UR's offense reminds me a of ASU's offense (just not as good at each skill position). Good mobile QB, good RB, and three quality WR. I do think their o-line is better however and their overall defense is better, especially the d-line. I expect a game in the 20's decided by less than 7. Both teams have inconsistent FG kickers which may be the deciding factor.

CamelCityAppFan
November 29th, 2009, 08:41 AM
I think this has the potential to be an epic game. The pattern being set up here by the Apps is the same one we saw going in to the Elon game. The week before Elon, ASU was rather flat against Chatty, then absolutely unloaded the next week on the road at Elon. The pre-game hype leading into the Elon game seems to be the type of thing that this App team feeds on. ASU didn't want to beat anyone like they wanted to beat Elon this year, and it showed on game day.

App's defense played very well yesterday (not Elon game well, but solid nevertheless), and the offensive playcalling seemed to be designed to preserve AE for upcoming weeks.

App wants revenge, Richmond wants to deny it. Frankly, when the brackets were announced, I think this week's matchup is what both teams looked to. Not surprised that both App and Richmond came out somewhat flat/reserved yesterday.

Like I said, could be an epic matchup this week.

appfan2008
November 29th, 2009, 08:52 AM
I have a slight feeling that there may be just as many app fans in richmond as richmond fans for this one!

BigHouseClosedEnd
November 29th, 2009, 08:59 AM
Ok enough BS, let's talk football.

Three keys to the game:

1. The ASU defense will have to keep Ward in the pocket, if he runs on us it will be a long day.

2. The o-line will have to give AE more time than he had vs. SCST yesterday, way too much pressure on him as I rewatch the game this morning.

3. Coverage of the three solid WRs that UR has. ASU hasn't faced a team with three capable WRs like this, usually we face teams with one "go-to" guy and maybe a good secondary WR (Elon, UTC, Citadel, SCST).

UR's offense reminds me a of ASU's offense (just not as good at each skill position). Good mobile QB, good RB, and three quality WR. I do think their o-line is better however and their overall defense is better, especially the d-line. I expect a game in the 20's decided by less than 7. Both teams have inconsistent FG kickers which may be the deciding factor.

I think you hit three nails on the head.

BigHouseClosedEnd
November 29th, 2009, 09:01 AM
I have a slight feeling that there may be just as many app fans in richmond as richmond fans for this one!

I'm sure we'll see plent of black and gold, but I wouldn't bet on your 'slight feeling'.

caribbeanhen
November 29th, 2009, 09:26 AM

Probably twice as many

caribbeanhen
November 29th, 2009, 09:29 AM
Richmond looked tired in the 4th qtr yesterday, very understandable after the unforgiving schedule and a hard hitting game,

MasonJar
November 29th, 2009, 09:35 AM

Funny. I guess your carton is definitely half full, if not empty. I love the pessimism. xrolleyesx

True, ASU isn't the same team we have seen in years past, true Armanti is banged up again this post-season... BUT, the Mountaineers are in elite company being in the final 8 in the country at this point. We had a tough first round match-up and live for another day. Anything can happen, and legends are built on things other than being being a front-runner.

Although Aho is nice this time of year (pretty much any time of year), I look forward to the Richmond match-up and some December football. I have a lot of respect for their program and we will see a great game.

Give 'em Hell, App!

appstate1998
November 29th, 2009, 09:45 AM

You do realize Crapsville is open and you should go their immediately

MasonJar
November 29th, 2009, 09:52 AM
Apps,

You guys have been much better than us the last 5 years...let's see what happens after AE leaves. I feel fairly confident that our program will right itself. Of course it would probably have been corrected if we switched over to the SoCo. Didn't mean to upset you...but if you struggled with an MEAC team...you're in trouble with Richmond.

Some people think AE has already left the building! xeyebrowx

Right on with trouble with Richmond. Great program and great fans. Best team we have played in the last 4 or 5 years. 'Tis the season for "If's and butts, candy and nuts... we should beat Richmond if you compare our common opponent. However, it is not that simple. Should be a great great game and will give you something to do other than watch Flaco over the next little bit. xthumbsupx

As for SCSU... why don't you guys add them to your schedule? They are a tough team and bigger and faster than I expected. The Bulldogs could definitely compete in your "godly" conference.

Enjoy home this holiday season... Maybe Santa will bring you another BCS transfer to "right your ship" xrotatehx

MasonJar
November 29th, 2009, 09:54 AM
Richmond looked tired in the 4th qtr yesterday, very understandable after the unforgiving schedule and a hard hitting game,

bless their hearts...:o

MasonJar
November 29th, 2009, 09:59 AM

At least we don't stand a chance of Armanti being "Eloned" this coming Saturday.xrolleyesx Enjoy home for the holidays and work on rising from the ashes for next year.

MasonJar
November 29th, 2009, 10:11 AM
MEAC defense is your specialty? youve probably seen tape of all of SCST's games this year and know exactly what kinda defense they have, correct? theres no way youre a CAA homer, ofcourse.

xscanx xblahblahx and Elon was the "top ranked" defense in the country before they played ASU... we know what happened there... SCSU top rated defense... we know where they wont be next Saturday... Richmond's defense is... and this defense and that defense... blah, blah, blah.

lets play the games and see where the chips fall. I have great respect for Richmond, hopefully it will be an epic game and worth the 5 hour drive!

Edge316007
November 29th, 2009, 11:10 AM
Any news on the time for the game? The Richmond website, for some reason, lists this game at 10AM and the App website still says TBA.

DTSpider
November 29th, 2009, 11:12 AM
Any news on the time for the game? The Richmond website, for some reason, lists this game at 10AM and the App website still says TBA.

hasn't been announced yet. UR is opening the ticket office at 2pm today. Expect an announcement on game time then.

I'm guessing 7pm - although I'm hoping for noon.

HenZoneNation
November 29th, 2009, 11:15 AM
You do realize Crapsville is open and you should go their immediately

There's that wit that comes from an Appy Education...good one!

AE is great, once in a school's history type of player....we've all seen the drop off this year when he didn't play...what makes you think it'll be any better next year when he's in Canada.

MasonJar,

I'd love to have more MEAC schools on our schedule but it looks like DSU will be our lay-up. It doesn't get much easier than that. There rae years that I think West Chester could win that conference.

B&G
November 29th, 2009, 11:26 AM
There's that wit that comes from an Appy Education...good one!

AE is great, once in a school's history type of player....we've all seen the drop off this year when he didn't play...what makes you think it'll be any better next year when he's in Canada.

MasonJar,

I'd love to have more MEAC schools on our schedule but it looks like DSU will be our lay-up. It doesn't get much easier than that. There rae years that I think West Chester could win that conference.

Hey slick, do you know that ASU won the FCS in 2005 without Armanti? Don't be so sure that ASU will shrivel up and die when he graduates.

The Moody1
November 29th, 2009, 11:28 AM

Here is the time/tv schedule.

Saturday 12/05/2009 NOON ESPN Syndication / Gameplan / ESPN 360 Live Division I Football Quarterfinal # 1 - TEAMS TBD
Saturday 12/05/2009 2:00 PM ESPN Syndication / Gameplan / ESPN 360 Live Division I Football Quarterfinal # 2 - TEAMS TBD
Saturday 12/05/2009 3:30 PM ESPN Syndication / Gameplan / ESPN 360 Live Division I Football Quarterfinal # 3 - TEAMS TBD
Saturday 12/05/2009 7:00 PM ESPN Syndication / Gameplan / ESPN 360 Live Division I Football Quarterfinal # 4 - TEAMS TBD

ASU_Fanatic
November 29th, 2009, 12:13 PM
Were out for blood this time! Watch out Spiders, if AE can run you're toast!

ericsaid
November 29th, 2009, 12:20 PM
I don't think any DELAWHERE fans realize Richmond escaped the Elon game on two missed FG's in five minutes to a team App dominated, at their own field.

App-105 UR-13

BigHouseClosedEnd
November 29th, 2009, 12:28 PM
Were out for blood this time! Watch out Spiders, if AE can run you're toast!

If's and But's are for Candies and Nuts.

ASU_MBA
November 29th, 2009, 12:30 PM
I heard this game will be at 12pm, anyone hear different?

I will be there with 5 other people (including one W&M alumni cheering on the black and gold...)

AppStsGr8
November 29th, 2009, 12:48 PM

I believe you mean "biased" as in "showing favor". "Biased" is the adjective that would describe the noun "refs". A "bias ref" would be one cut on a slant. I don't believe they're into slicing referees yet, regardless of how horrible they might be.

Thanks for being supportive of the SoCon, too.xwhistlex

Go APP!

Griswold
November 29th, 2009, 12:50 PM
http://www.richmondspiders.com/tickets/rich-tickets.html

Richmond's website says 7pm kickoff but ncaa.com says 12pm...

http://www.ncaa.com/teams/m-footbl/scoreboards/top25/top25-d-fcs-scoreboard-week-11-30-2009.html

I'm guessing Richmond's site is correct.

Spiderbite10
November 29th, 2009, 12:50 PM
Game Time is at 7PM!

richmondspiders.com confirms

Eight Legger
November 29th, 2009, 12:53 PM
I heard this game will be at 12pm, anyone hear different?

I will be there with 5 other people (including one W&M alumni cheering on the black and gold...)

Awesome, App will be bringing six fans to the game, and we'll bring the other 21,994.

Spiderbite10
November 29th, 2009, 12:56 PM
http://www.richmondspiders.com/tickets/rich-tickets.html

Richmond's website says 7pm kickoff but ncaa.com says 12pm...

http://www.ncaa.com/teams/m-footbl/scoreboards/top25/top25-d-fcs-scoreboard-week-11-30-2009.html

I'm guessing Richmond's site is correct.

The NCAA also lists the VU UNH game at noon...The ASU-UR game must be a typo. 7PM it is!

Griswold
November 29th, 2009, 01:03 PM
The NCAA also lists the UV UNH game at noon...The ASU-UR game must be a typo. 7PM it is!

Yeah, NCAA's site has it 12 noon local times for each game.

App's site also has it a 7pm kickoff now.

SpidersSportsEditor
November 29th, 2009, 01:09 PM
Yeah, NCAA's site has it 12 noon local times for each game.

App's site also has it a 7pm kickoff now.

The game is definitely at 7 p.m. I just got an email from the Richmond SID confirming it. Buy your tickets now.

PhoenixPhan
November 29th, 2009, 01:28 PM
No allegience for me either way in this game. Whatever happens, happens.
Word of caution to Richmond: if injuries happen the way they did yesterday, get ready to be absolutely pummeled with accusations of playing dirty. Most of us know that it's football, injuries happen, but apparently that memo never made it up the mountain.

appstate38
November 29th, 2009, 01:50 PM
Word of caution to Richmond: if injuries happen the way they did yesterday, get ready to be absolutely pummeled with accusations of playing dirty. Most of us know that it's football, injuries happen, but apparently that memo never made it up the mountain.

Don't have that problem when playing the Spiders.... Its just you guys..... BTW sounds like you need to continue working on that 2009 SoCon championship banner.:D

appnut
November 29th, 2009, 02:08 PM
Seattle Spider, You have renewed my faith in fans on this board. Was starting to think I was reading high schoolers this fall.

DLS
November 29th, 2009, 02:35 PM
http://vimeo.com/7876668

this week is going to be a long one

HenZoneNation
November 29th, 2009, 03:23 PM
Yes B&G we're all well aware of that fact...it's only been stated about a hundred times. I'm going by what we've seen this year. The 2010 team ain't the 2005 team...we'll have to see...SLICK...xrotatehx

DX Man
November 29th, 2009, 03:25 PM

Shut up and take your dirty team and go home. elon choked! DESTINY.....LOLxlolx

DX Man
November 29th, 2009, 03:42 PM

Go Spiders!

Shut up and take your dirty team and go home. elon choked! DESTINY.....LOLxlolx

HiHiYikas
November 29th, 2009, 03:46 PM
Awesome, App will be bringing six fans to the game, and we'll bring the other 21,994.
Actually, I was down at the Robbins Center a couple of hours ago, and they said the best available West Side tickets I could buy are on the 10 yard line, because ASU had already been allotted 5,000 tickets.

And the whole band is coming. I don't know if that's coming out of ASU's 5K allotment or not.

(Incidentally, did UR Stadium once host stock car races or something? I got my seats, and they're in Turn 3)

There were a couple of App fans ahead of me in line, who said "just give me seats on the East Side, we'll be there pulling for ASU no matter what." Over on the Mountaineer Message Board, looks like scores of ASU fans are buying up seats on the East side.

And hey, what's with these signs over at the Stadium? How strictly is this enforced?

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2666/4144392449_f0d1da77d7_o.jpg

pbr1893
November 29th, 2009, 04:04 PM
because i got into trouble on ags for using a term that describes a feminine hygiene product when referring to elon, i'll put it this way...i'm thinking of a few words that sounds like couche bag... and penixphan...you are one!xwhistlex

ASUG8
November 29th, 2009, 04:05 PM

Enjoy basketball season PP. When your QB goes down two years in a row to the same team, it's more than a single data point - more like a trend.xcoffeex

ThompsonThe
November 29th, 2009, 04:16 PM
What a shame, Richmond doesn't have a chance, and they do not even know it.

As far as Elon goes.....well, I guess they went that far.

Eight Legger
November 29th, 2009, 04:21 PM
Actually, I was down at the Robbins Center a couple of hours ago, and they said the best available West Side tickets I could buy are on the 10 yard line, because ASU had already been allotted 5,000 tickets.

And the whole band is coming. I don't know if that's coming out of ASU's 5K allotment or not.

(Incidentally, did UR Stadium once host stock car races or something? I got my seats, and they're in Turn 3)

There were a couple of App fans ahead of me in line, who said "just give me seats on the East Side, we'll be there pulling for ASU no matter what." Over on the Mountaineer Message Board, looks like scores of ASU fans are buying up seats on the East side.

And hey, what's with these signs over at the Stadium? How strictly is this enforced?

Pretty sure we don't just give seats away to the band. If that were the case, we'd be out the price of admission for JMU's 5,000-member band every other year.

phillyAPP
November 29th, 2009, 04:29 PM
What a shame, Richmond doesn't have a chance, and they do not even know it.

As far as Elon goes.....well, I guess they went that far.

Whats with ALL the smack APP fans?????

The Richmond Spiders are the National Champs !!!

They should get ALL the respect until we/APP beats them.

Its not like Richmond is Elon and hasn't won a big game and still yaps.

BigHouseClosedEnd
November 29th, 2009, 04:32 PM

xthumbsupx I might add that we respect App now and will continue to respect them after we have beaten them.

BigHouseClosedEnd
November 29th, 2009, 04:38 PM

What is the URL for the App State message board?

phillyAPP
November 29th, 2009, 04:42 PM

Delphi forums - mountanieer message board

Griswold
November 29th, 2009, 04:42 PM

www.anygivensaturday.com xthumbsupxxsmiley_wix

AppStateSVX
November 29th, 2009, 04:44 PM
www.anygivensaturday.com xthumbsupxxsmiley_wix

hahahaha.

nicely played

proasu89
November 29th, 2009, 04:44 PM

http://forums.delphiforums.com/appstate/messages/?msg=14366.1

Any guess on attendance for this one.

Eight Legger
November 29th, 2009, 04:52 PM
http://forums.delphiforums.com/appstate/messages/?msg=14366.1

Any guess on attendance for this one.

The game will sell out. The announced attendance will be about 20,000. We don't report students, who are admitted free. (I assume for playoffs the university has to pick up the tab for them though, so perhaps they'll report 22k.)

ronpayne
November 29th, 2009, 04:53 PM

ASU Band alum here - I heard that the band, if they come (in general), is paid for by athletics, but that it isn't a freebie in terms of cost... not sure if they take it out of the allotment or not, but I doubt that. Having said that, you can't get much better than a 280 piece student section traveling as a unit :-) The band IS coming to Richmond this coming week. I know that at our school, the athletic dept. and the music department work well together, and given the magnitude of this game, I'm glad to hear that the band will travel - it certainly won't hurt to have them in attendance!

pbr1893
November 29th, 2009, 05:04 PM
can the band of destinction go by and pick up scsu's band in orangeburg???? you guys are loved but those guys bring the funk!

ThompsonThe
November 29th, 2009, 05:25 PM
"No allegience for me either way in this game. Whatever happens, happens.
Word of caution to Richmond: if injuries happen the way they did yesterday, get ready to be absolutely pummeled with accusations of playing dirty. Most of us know that it's football, injuries happen, but apparently that memo never made it up the mountain."

And then again, some people see what happens, and others, because of their bias, and not being long term football fans, just do not see or admit it.

HiHiYikas
November 29th, 2009, 05:26 PM
Pretty sure we don't just give seats away to the band. If that were the case, we'd be out the price of admission for JMU's 5,000-member band every other year.
I don't mean 'are seats given out for free to the band,' I mean 'is ASU's allotment really 5,000, or is it 4,750 (with 250-ish taken out for the band).

BigHouseClosedEnd
November 29th, 2009, 05:30 PM
I don't mean 'are seats given out for free to the band,' I mean 'is ASU's allotment really 5,000, or is it 4,750 (with 250-ish taken out for the band).

Who cares?

ThompsonThe
November 29th, 2009, 05:33 PM
I might add that we respect App now and will continue to respect them after we have beaten them.

2056 will come soon enough.

HiHiYikas
November 29th, 2009, 05:38 PM
Who cares?
Just curious is all...more interested in what proportion of ASU's allotment will go to students.

Trying to decide whether it would be better to buy seats on the "looks like a high school" side, or the "looks like a go-kart track" side.

Saw the bones of the new stadium this afternoon. Really, really nice.

Seriously, though, what's with those signs at the stadium?

B&G
November 29th, 2009, 05:43 PM
Yes B&G we're all well aware of that fact...it's only been stated about a hundred times. I'm going by what we've seen this year. The 2010 team ain't the 2005 team...we'll have to see...SLICK...xrotatehx

Haha, just checking. Sometimes I wonder how many App fans know that. (we have a lot of bandwagoNEERS)

Eight Legger
November 29th, 2009, 05:44 PM
Signs are strictly prohibited if they are in support of the opposing team. Otherwise, bring as many as you'd like!

I really don't know what to tell you. We have signs at games, and I've not seen anyone take them away during regular season games. But they bring in the Nazi NCAA officials during the playoffs and sometimes they will take away your keys if you are making noise with them. Who knows.

CharlotteApp
November 29th, 2009, 05:46 PM

I am an App guy, but I have to admit that is really funny!

HiHiYikas
November 29th, 2009, 05:46 PM
Signs are strictly prohibited if they are in support of the opposing team. Otherwise, bring as many as you'd like!

I really don't know what to tell you. We have signs at games, and I've not seen anyone take them away during regular season games. But they bring in the Nazi NCAA officials during the playoffs and sometimes they will take away your keys if you are making noise with them. Who knows.
Not signs in general...this sign, below, which I photographed at UR Stadium on my way home from Cary Town this afternoon. There were several like it at the entrance of each lot.

MacThor
November 29th, 2009, 05:59 PM
What part of the sign is confusing you? The No Tents part or the no outside food/drink part?

Reign of Terrier
November 29th, 2009, 06:07 PM
What part of the sign is confusing you? The No Tents part or the no outside food/drink part?

still sounds like a boring atmosphere to me

HiHiYikas
November 29th, 2009, 06:23 PM
The sign's clear enough. It's the location that's confusing, the sign being posted in front of a parking lot where I've witnessed all of the prohibited activities happening on a large scale.

I know I've tailgated at UR before - with a bunch of UR staffers, in fact. We stood near a canopy tent, ate outside food, drank outside drink, etc.

MacThor
November 29th, 2009, 06:33 PM
I don't know why the sign is at the outside of the parking lot. The prohibitions on outside food & beverages are for inside the stadium only.

I arrived at the Elon game too late to observe, but I've never seen a pregame tailgate without tents before.

BigHouseClosedEnd
November 29th, 2009, 06:57 PM
I don't know why the sign is at the outside of the parking lot. The prohibitions on outside food & beverages are for inside the stadium only.

I arrived at the Elon game too late to observe, but I've never seen a pregame tailgate without tents before.

Yeah, I have done all those things on those parking lots and have never even noticed the signs.

HiHiYikas
November 29th, 2009, 06:59 PM
what about lot opening times? is the "3 hours before game time" rule strictly enforced, or will they loosen up for a huge 7pm game?

AppStsGr8
November 29th, 2009, 07:08 PM

I totally agree with you. There's no way to compare our win over Elon with Richmond's win over Elon and say App is going to trash Richmond. That's like saying that God is love, love is blind, Stevie Wonder is blind; therefore, Stevie Wonder is God. It just doesn't work.

I have great respect for the Richmond program. They are the defending national champions ... period.

I'll be in Richmond to cheer for my beloved Mountaineers. Here's to a great game between two great programs!

BigHouseClosedEnd
November 29th, 2009, 07:11 PM
what about lot opening times? is the "3 hours before game time" rule strictly enforced, or will they loosen up for a huge 7pm game?

Word is a few minutes before 4, if any. It's a City of Richmond thing ... not a UR thing. UR tried.

jedmis10
November 29th, 2009, 07:31 PM
KiddBrewer,

The MEAC is a lower level conference in the FCS. Before their website was shut down, even their own fans were concerned with their level of play. Since 2000 they are now a combine 0-11. You do the math. It's getting to the point where I don't believe the MEAC should have an automatic bid. You're team better show up on Saturday better than they did today or their dead in the water. Check your facts before you open your mouth.

Dead in the water like the Hens in Chatty 07??xwhistlex

back2back
November 29th, 2009, 09:37 PM
Non-yosef club member and not a student. How hard will it be to find tickets at the stadium?

soccerguy315
November 29th, 2009, 09:47 PM
Non-yosef club member and not a student. How hard will it be to find tickets at the stadium?

depends on how many people you bring... stadium seats 22k.

if you want to guarantee yourself tickets, why not make the 5 minute phone call to UR so they will be at will call for you?

DTSpider
November 29th, 2009, 09:48 PM

who knows....last sellout was 1986 (hosted virginia tech). of course - i think that the capacity then was 24,000. somehow the stadium has gotten smaller with age (with no change to the bleachers) as it now only holds 21,500. i think it is very doubtful that it will sell out...unless ASU brings 10,000+ people. in addition to the stands, there is standing room for probably 1,000 to 2,000 more people inside the stadium.

the downside is that there are very few ticket lines and most folks will buy tickets on gameday. so - i'd recommend getting there early. i think that the ticket office opens at 5 or 5:30 for a 7pm game. parking will be rough and honestly - so will traffic.

you have to remember that this is a city of richmond operation. they are very underfunded with police and there are better uses of police than to keep traffic moving. for the W&M game it took me over an hour & half to exit the highway.

best of luck for all the fans attending. be careful on parking. in addition to the tow-away zones, you'll find some people in the neighborhoods will put bricks and other stuff in the roads to discourage parking. call it want you want...but it's an adventure to get there.

now - once you make it to the stadium...though hopefully you'll find UR fans welcoming.

biggie
November 29th, 2009, 10:06 PM
App may have close to 9-10k, wished I was making it, all friends bailed.

Hope some local TV picks the game up, otherwise hope the ESPN360 works on PS3 for big screen viewing.

yosef1969
November 29th, 2009, 10:23 PM
What's the word on RV's? Anywhere to park an RV and tailgate???

yosef1969
November 29th, 2009, 10:34 PM

Had this discussion on MMB recently. Actually according to the NCAA Championship handbook band members in uniform are admitted without charge. It states "at the championship" but throughout the handbook the entire playoffs is referred to as the championship and the part about host institutions making space available seems to imply that it applies to all the playoff games as well. I don't think it would count against the ASU allotment of tickets.

From page 15 of the Division I Football Championship Handbook:
"Band members who are in uniform and performing at the championship will not be
charged admission to the competition. Bands, or any component thereof, are allowed to play
during time-outs, halftime, and before and after the competition. Bands are not allowed to
play during the game, once the ball is spotted and the umpire backs away from the ball.
Host institutions must make space available for the visiting team band, upon request."

http://web1.ncaa.org/web_files/champ_handbooks/football/2009/09_1AA_Football.pdf

yosef1969
November 29th, 2009, 10:41 PM
App may have close to 9-10k, wished I was making it, all friends bailed.

Hope some local TV picks the game up, otherwise hope the ESPN360 works on PS3 for big screen viewing.

9-10K is a bit optimistic. ASU had maybe 7-8k at Elon and Burlington is alot closer to home for most app fans than Richmond, 5-6K is more likely.

Eight Legger
November 29th, 2009, 10:51 PM
Had this discussion on MMB recently. Actually according to the NCAA Championship handbook band members in uniform are admitted without charge. It states "at the championship" but throughout the handbook the entire playoffs is referred to as the championship and the part about host institutions making space available seems to imply that it applies to all the playoff games as well. I don't think it would count against the ASU allotment of tickets.

From page 15 of the Division I Football Championship Handbook:
"Band members who are in uniform and performing at the championship will not be
charged admission to the competition. Bands, or any component thereof, are allowed to play
during time-outs, halftime, and before and after the competition. Bands are not allowed to
play during the game, once the ball is spotted and the umpire backs away from the ball.
Host institutions must make space available for the visiting team band, upon request."

http://web1.ncaa.org/web_files/champ_handbooks/football/2009/09_1AA_Football.pdf

This sounds legit to me, but at the same time, I think it's a stupid rule, if true. It probably won't matter often, but I am thinking specifically of any future playoff games we might have at our new stadium and wondering how much revenue that would cost us. What if a school has a 400-member band? We'd have to dedicate 4.5% of our available seating and get nothing in return? Weird.

In general (not just in this case), I would think admitting a band free is fine, but being required to seat them in the stadium is foolish. Let them stand somewhere out of the way, but not sit in the seats that a host team would otherwise sell.

yosef1969
November 29th, 2009, 10:59 PM
This sounds legit to me, but at the same time, I think it's a stupid rule, if true. It probably won't matter often, but I am thinking specifically of any future playoff games we might have at our new stadium and wondering how much revenue that would cost us. What if a school has a 400-member band? We'd have to dedicate 4.5% of our available seating and get nothing in return? Weird.

In general (not just in this case), I would think admitting a band free is fine, but being required to seat them in the stadium is foolish. Let them stand somewhere out of the way, but not sit in the seats that a host team would otherwise sell.

You nearly quoted my argument on our board verbatim. I think it's particularly counterintuitive for the NCAA to mandate a loss of revenue after securing a monetary bid from the host based on gate receipts. Caught a little hell for it but I still think it's nutty.

theasushow
November 29th, 2009, 10:59 PM

yeah, i remember at the michigan game our band was stuffed in like a 10 foot corner of the end zone standing the whole game. you thik michigan was about to give us 400 extra seats for our band???? ha yeah right

ur2k
November 29th, 2009, 11:23 PM
Not signs in general...this sign, below, which I photographed at UR Stadium on my way home from Cary Town this afternoon. There were several like it at the entrance of each lot.

In the visitor lots, put it in a cup and you should be fine. Our donor lot is an ABC "on" area so we can drink all we want, the others aren't (I believe) but you should be fine as long as you don't act stupid.

They are strict about the 3 hour rule, unless they add an hour to the tailgate (which they have done for big games before, but I wouldn't count on it), you're not getting into a lot until the 3 hour mark.

Ticket booths open 90 mins prior to the kick.

gophoenix
November 30th, 2009, 05:04 AM
9-10K is a bit optimistic. ASU had maybe 7-8k at Elon and Burlington is alot closer to home for most app fans than Richmond, 5-6K is more likely.

Woohoo, and the attendance stat bloat continues to go up. Wow.

Liek I keep saying, just go ahead and claim the entire 14,099 now. Since I was there, you can't claim the whole thing.

JMU Newbill
November 30th, 2009, 06:05 AM
Tailgating at UR is fine, it's just a little more restricted than some environments. Like ur2k said, keep it in a cup and stay in the parking lot and you will be fine.

Also, he is correct about the 3 hour rule. If you get there any earlier, you will just have to sit in your car, in line, waiting to get into the parking lot. If you park elsewhere and walk to the parking lot, I would not suggest cracking that first beer in open view until they open the lot. Either way, after 15 minutes of the lot being open, it resembles any tailgating lot you are accustomed to and is as fun as you choose to make it.

Overall, it's a fun place to tailgate and a pretty decent stadium. There is a lot to do in the downtown Richmond area if anyone is planning on sticking around. If I stick around Richmond this weekend, I plan on attending the game. Should be a good one!

HiHiYikas
November 30th, 2009, 07:03 AM
thanks for the tips, guys...looking forward to tailgating close to home

SideLine Shooter
November 30th, 2009, 07:17 AM

Liek I keep saying, just go ahead and claim the entire 14,099 now. Since I was there, you can't claim the whole thing.

Might as well, Those maroon colored fans left at halftime.xlolxxlolxxlolxxnodx

ronpayne
November 30th, 2009, 07:28 AM
Just curious is all...more interested in what proportion of ASU's allotment will go to students.

Trying to decide whether it would be better to buy seats on the "looks like a high school" side, or the "looks like a go-kart track" side.

Saw the bones of the new stadium this afternoon. Really, really nice.

Seriously, though, what's with those signs at the stadium?

I would bet that the band seats come out of student tickets... if so, that is fair, seeing as the entire band is - guess what - students! And the band really contributes to the game, and I think Coach Moore would agree with that statement, or Athletics wouldn't be paying for the charters to get the band up there.

I won't make it this weekend though - papers to write, hooray grad school! Go Apps!

Gil Dobie
November 30th, 2009, 07:50 AM
App St by 6

Edge316007
November 30th, 2009, 08:34 AM

I was there too and at worst, it looked like a split down the middle. But hey, if it makes you feel better, you can have the 8k or 9k. We'll take the 27

yosef1969
November 30th, 2009, 08:52 AM

You're right, I was thinking the attendance was 16K my bad, 7-8 is probably a little too generous, but there were easily 6K ASU fans at Elon. Guessing round 55-45% Elon to ASU fans.

jmufan999
November 30th, 2009, 09:24 AM
Is everyone not from Delaware "awfully sensitive"? Do you know there is a smack board here? Do you know that Delaware is not in the playoffs again this year? Do you know that ASU has won three times as many D-I football championships as UD? If we can get past UR then I think it will soon be four times as many as UD.

yeah it's been tough going on the road, winning all those titles. those long road trips must have worn you out. you and montana have both had it pretty rough when it comes to getting home games.

we had to do it the hard way, 3 straight road games and a neutral site on the way to a title.

and by the way, i think it's so lame when people point out that there is a smack board. first, who cares? second, does anyone actually USE the smack board? seems like people just like to point out that it exists. so? third... ok, i can't think of a third thing. but it'd be cool if i had 3 points, for symmetry purposes. ooh, i thought of a third point: why do people get sensitive about "smack"... is it really hurting your feelings? instead of directing someone to "speak" in a different forum, how about not being such a weenie and just either a.) respond to it, or b.) ignore it......?

ElonPride
November 30th, 2009, 09:24 AM
Tailgating at UR is fine, it's just a little more restricted than some environments. Like ur2k said, keep it in a cup and stay in the parking lot and you will be fine.

Also, he is correct about the 3 hour rule. If you get there any earlier, you will just have to sit in your car, in line, waiting to get into the parking lot. If you park elsewhere and walk to the parking lot, I would not suggest cracking that first beer in open view until they open the lot. Either way, after 15 minutes of the lot being open, it resembles any tailgating lot you are accustomed to and is as fun as you choose to make it.

Overall, it's a fun place to tailgate and a pretty decent stadium. There is a lot to do in the downtown Richmond area if anyone is planning on sticking around. If I stick around Richmond this weekend, I plan on attending the game. Should be a good one!

It is a decent place to watch a game. Since I live in Richmond, I may jsut head over for this game. If anyone sees the lone fan wearing an Elon hat, that is me!xsmiley_wix

Don't give me a hard time, I'm just there to watch a good game!

Edge316007
November 30th, 2009, 09:39 AM
yeah it's been tough going on the road, winning all those titles. those long road trips must have worn you out. you and montana have both had it pretty rough when it comes to getting home games.

we had to do it the hard way, 3 straight road games and a neutral site on the way to a title.

and by the way, i think it's so lame when people point out that there is a smack board. first, who cares? second, does anyone actually USE the smack board? seems like people just like to point out that it exists. so? third... ok, i can't think of a third thing. but it'd be cool if i had 3 points, for symmetry purposes. ooh, i thought of a third point: why do people get sensitive about "smack"... is it really hurting your feelings? instead of directing someone to "speak" in a different forum, how about not being such a weenie and just either a.) respond to it, or b.) ignore it......?

I'm sorry, I didn't realize it was so easy to win 4 playoff games, regardless of where they were played. And here I thought App's accomplishments were something special. Guess teams who were good enough during the regular season to have home field advantage shouldn't have their championships count.

JMU 1
Everyone else 0

That make you feel better?

ThompsonThe
November 30th, 2009, 10:18 AM
I do not really care where we, App State, has to go to play. Why would anyone make such a big deal about that. It's still two teams lining up and playing. If it could be played on the moon, that would be OK with me.

If playing away hurts a team too much, they should not be playing to begin with.

B&G
November 30th, 2009, 11:06 AM

Are those streamers that your fans throw or tampon strings? Gimme a break Jennifer. I'm glad App is going on the road this week. They may have been getting too complacent.

By the way, if you ever earn a seed you may be able to get a home game. You have no one to blame but your team for the degree of difficulty.

Philly Phoenix Phan
November 30th, 2009, 11:36 AM

Lies! You know you're a closet UNC-Boone fan. App is all things good, righteous and holy... how could you not be?!

Given that I'm nothing but a carpet bagging Yankee with no real ties/interest in the southland (aside from the lovely female subset) I'm pulling for Richmond, though it should be an excellent game. Much more enticing given that App got past that pesky MEAC team.

I haven't seen any of Richmond since they played Duke in '06 (worst. football. game. ever. and I hate Duke) and I only caught part of the SC St. - App game, but if I wanted to make broad generalizations from tiny sample sizes (and I do!) I'll say spiders by 13.

AppAlum2003
November 30th, 2009, 12:27 PM
Lies! You know you're a closet UNC-Boone fan. App is all things good, righteous and holy... how could you not be?!

Given that I'm nothing but a carpet bagging Yankee with no real ties/interest in the southland (aside from the lovely female subset) I'm pulling for Richmond, though it should be an excellent game. Much more enticing given that App got past that pesky MEAC team.

I haven't seen any of Richmond since they played Duke in '06 (worst. football. game. ever. and I hate Duke) and I only caught part of the SC St. - App game, but if I wanted to make broad generalizations from tiny sample sizes (and I do!) I'll say spiders by 13.

Got past that pesky Feenix team, too. xcoffeex

I'm seeing nothing but sour grapes from the Feenix Faithful.

State Line Liquors
November 30th, 2009, 12:34 PM

You also had the opportunity to do it the easy way last year...

T-Dog
November 30th, 2009, 01:40 PM
First off, the early forcecast per the App weatherman is SNOW!

Second, this game means a lot to me personally. My last game as an App student was last year in the snow vs Richmond. I graduated last spring in four years, so my first three years ended with a title. Not my senior year. That second half was gut-wrenching. I haven't forgotten and I will be there for revenge.

Appoholic
November 30th, 2009, 02:15 PM
This game is going to rock. Both teams are better than what they showed this week. I think for this game both teams will be jacked. Ive been to every App home game and 3 away games this year - we just had a bad game Saturday. If AE is 100% - its on!

BigHouseClosedEnd
November 30th, 2009, 02:15 PM
First off, the early forcecast per the App weatherman is SNOW!

Second, this game means a lot to me personally. My last game as an App student was last year in the snow vs Richmond. I graduated last spring in four years, so my first three years ended with a title. Not my senior year. That second half was gut-wrenching. I haven't forgotten and I will be there for revenge.

What sort of revenge are you, personally, expecting to bring?

Weather.com isn't saying anything about snow.

seattlespider
November 30th, 2009, 02:17 PM
The UR marketing department is in full swing. The page when you go to richmondspiders.com:

http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/5104/titans.png

HiHiYikas
November 30th, 2009, 02:22 PM
Weather.com isn't saying anything about snow.
It probably wouldn't, yet.

This is from an ASU alum and message board poster, who is also a local meterologist. He hedged his comments pretty thoroughly, to the point I wouldn't even call it a "forecast." He used the phrase "Forecast Trends," and pointed out that data and modeling suggests that snow is a possibility.

He also said "...a number of things need to fall into place and it may not verify."

Would be pretty cool if it happened.

appybybirth
November 30th, 2009, 02:22 PM
Great ad UR, the last 4 national champions?

BigHouseClosedEnd
November 30th, 2009, 02:24 PM
Great ad UR, the last 4 national champions?

Yes. Have you missed the daily news for the last few years?

appybybirth
November 30th, 2009, 02:25 PM
You're right it is accurate. So smart.

APPdopted
November 30th, 2009, 02:28 PM
Nice ad! Wish I was going!

AppStsGr8
November 30th, 2009, 02:32 PM
That ad is AWESOME! I'm so pumped about going to this game!

BigHouseClosedEnd
November 30th, 2009, 02:38 PM
You're right it is accurate. So smart.

Nice. Good talk. Thanks.

appmaj
November 30th, 2009, 02:56 PM
Like the ad banner

Go App!

trouthunter
November 30th, 2009, 04:21 PM
Wow, getting a little tense, and it only Monday.

appirishmen
November 30th, 2009, 04:32 PM
The UR marketing department is in full swing. The page when you go to richmondspiders.com:

thats a pretty sweet banner.

Aho_Old_Guy
November 30th, 2009, 04:45 PM

xthumbsupx

Though Appalachian has not been very Titan-esque their last 3 playoff games.

(and it should be Appalachian State vs Richmond ----- as the 'home' team)

phillyAPP
November 30th, 2009, 05:00 PM

I'll take the 13 points for a Cheesesteak !! Pats - Gino's - or Jim's (Essington)

I have a LOVELY female subset also and I LOVE her. I am an APP fan, like EAGLE fan with funny accent ;-)

paward
November 30th, 2009, 05:34 PM
My Prediction:

This thread will reach 1000 post before the game begins.

phillyAPP
November 30th, 2009, 05:49 PM
My Prediction:

This thread will reach 1000 post before the game begins.

I'll help PAWARD. You have been a little quiet lately.

Cant wait til Saturday...........Playoff Football is the BEST, even in Richmond !!!!

BarefootApp
November 30th, 2009, 06:25 PM
Saturday: 50 degrees and sunny.

back2back
November 30th, 2009, 06:26 PM
Spider Fans,

Got tickets and have noticed concerns from Spider fans about parking and tailgating. Are there local places one can get a good bite to eat and watch some of the games that will be going on Saturday? Advice would be APPreciated!

BigHouseClosedEnd
November 30th, 2009, 06:31 PM
Spider Fans,

Got tickets and have noticed concerns from Spider fans about parking and tailgating. Are there local places one can get a good bite to eat and watch some of the games that will be going on Saturday? Advice would be APPreciated!

I would suggest Home Team Grill on Main Street as a great place to watch games and get some food/drink. You will want to find parking a little closer to the Stadium than Home Team Grill after you are done there. I would guess it is 2-3 miles from the Stadium.

back2back
November 30th, 2009, 06:36 PM
I would suggest Home Team Grill on Main Street as a great place to watch games and get some food/drink. You will want to find parking a little closer to the Stadium than Home Team Grill after you are done there. I would guess it is 2-3 miles from the Stadium.

Thanks, others?

BigHouseClosedEnd
November 30th, 2009, 06:47 PM
Thanks, others?

There are a number of other bars and restaurants along Main or Robinson streets in The Fan ... Starlite, Buddy's, 3 Monkeys come to mind.

If you're looking for lots of tv's and a good atmosphere ... Home Team Grill is the place to be. The others really aren't sports bars.

jcmanson
November 30th, 2009, 06:48 PM
Ordered my tickets today. Looking forward to attending my first FCS playoff game! Too bad it's not the Flames xsmhx

Looking forward to a good game.

Appinator
November 30th, 2009, 07:17 PM
Any recent injuries to any of your spiders? Didn't know if everyone came away hurt from the Elon game or any other late season match ups.

CrackerRiley
November 30th, 2009, 07:18 PM
Ordered my ticket today! It's on like donkey kong! Looking forward to my first AWAY playoff game.

HiHiYikas
November 30th, 2009, 07:30 PM
Spider Fans,

Bandito's Burrito Lounge, on Patterson near Boulevard - one of the closer restaurants to the stadium where you could watch football.

Good food, too.

BigHouseClosedEnd
November 30th, 2009, 08:01 PM
Any recent injuries to any of your spiders? Didn't know if everyone came away hurt from the Elon game or any other late season match ups.

Knock on wood, we seem to be in pretty good shape.

ur2k
November 30th, 2009, 08:27 PM
Bandito's Burrito Lounge, on Patterson near Boulevard - one of the closer restaurants to the stadium where you could watch football.

Good food, too.

Also Gus' on Broad St across from the Science Museum and Children's museum. Very good food for a sports bar - great wings. Either there or Home Team Grill on Main (as BigHouse stated) would be my recs.

SpidersSportsEditor
November 30th, 2009, 09:05 PM
Alright, so the obvious question on my mind is which Armanti Edwards is going to show up at this game? Two years ago, he was unbelievable. Last year, I know he was hurt, but he was bad. I've heard he's not 100% this year and he didn't do so well last week at SCSt just based on the stat sheet, so which AE do you App fans think we'll see this weekend?

**(Don't turn me saying he was bad last year into smack, it's not meant to be.)

BigHouseClosedEnd
November 30th, 2009, 09:17 PM
5dimes.com has Richmond listed as a 7 point favorite for Saturday.

MacThor
November 30th, 2009, 09:22 PM
(and it should be Appalachian State vs Richmond ----- as the 'home' team)

Um, no. It is either listed as Away AT Home, or Home VS Away

Skjellyfetti
November 30th, 2009, 09:26 PM
Alright, so the obvious question on my mind is which Armanti Edwards is going to show up at this game? Two years ago, he was unbelievable. Last year, I know he was hurt, but he was bad. I've heard he's not 100% this year and he didn't do so well last week at SCSt just based on the stat sheet, so which AE do you App fans think we'll see this weekend?

That's the question on App's fans minds as well. Noone posting on this message board really knows how he is, though.

At the SC State game... the main thing I watched while we were on offense was how his knee looked. We didn't call one single running play to him. He did scramble 2 or 3 times... and his running looked normal to me. I never noticed him limping. But, he's going to have to be able to run the ball... both to elude the pass rush and so the defense can't key on Devon when we run the ball and not worry about Armanti keeping it.

I feel optimistic that the coaches decided not to run him last week to give him another week of rest so he would be ready to go this week... but, that's just a guess. The coaches and Armanti said all along last year that he would be fine in the playoffs... xmadx This feels eerily similar to last year. :(

theasushow
November 30th, 2009, 09:33 PM

**(Don't turn me saying he was bad last year into smack, it's not meant to be.)

i think the realistic answer is somewhere in between. his injury doesnt seem to be nearly as serious as it was last year, but he still isnt 100%. hopefully this week of treatment will get him healthy enough to atleast get some of his mobility back. also, in his defense, a lot of the passes in last year's games were catchable balls, ASU's receivers played just as bad if not worse than AE.

Appinator
December 1st, 2009, 06:37 AM
Just looking over the Richmond depth chart, and noticed that they don't have a single underclassmen starting on both sides of the football, all of which have red-shirted. These guys have 4th and 5th year players up and down the line, and they have all been part of both the previous match-ups with ASU. Now THAT is an advantage.

http://www.goasu.com//pdf4/659281.pdf?SPSID=107847&SPID=12811&DB_OEM_ID=21500

MacThor
December 1st, 2009, 07:03 AM
Just looking over the Richmond depth chart, and noticed that they don't have a single underclassmen starting on both sides of the football, all of which have red-shirted. These guys have 4th and 5th year players up and down the line, and they have all been part of both the previous match-ups with ASU. Now THAT is an advantage.

http://www.goasu.com//pdf4/659281.pdf?SPSID=107847&SPID=12811&DB_OEM_ID=21500

Yep. This is the group of kids Clawson recruited and told "come play for Richmond and in 2009 you'll compete for the national championship." They arrived a year early.

Aho_Old_Guy
December 1st, 2009, 07:47 AM

Uhhh, nope. That would be incorrect. (and pretty dang silly, btw, to necessitate a 'switcheroo' of listed teams for the lack of a preposition)

This is clearly a breakdown of societal norms perpetrated by the deviants at the University of Richmond.

You are hereby assessed the following penalty: Drop and give me 'twenty'.

AppAlum2003
December 1st, 2009, 07:56 AM
5dimes.com has Richmond listed as a 7 point favorite for Saturday.

Should be way more than that. ASU loses big in this one... xrulesx

(Does sandbagging work?)

BigHouseClosedEnd
December 1st, 2009, 07:58 AM
Should be way more than that. ASU loses big in this one... xrulesx

(Does sandbagging work?)

No. xlolxxbowx

AppIAA
December 1st, 2009, 08:12 AM
(Does sandbagging work?)

Ask the McNeese fans.. it worked pretty well for them xnonono2x

Unfortunately, I have to go to an engagement party on Saturday so will not be at this game.. but I will be keeping up with the score and expect a very solid game.. will not predict a score though

Bogus Megapardus
December 1st, 2009, 08:39 AM
Today's Sportsbook is Richmond -7; O/U 51½

biggie
December 1st, 2009, 08:48 AM
I haven't heard of a D Moore injury update as well, probably won't hear much on him or AE all week.

AppAlum2003
December 1st, 2009, 08:49 AM
I haven't heard of a D Moore injury update as well, probably won't hear much on him or AE all week.

Neither will play... in fact, most of the defense is hurt too. Richmond should not worry about the Mountaineers at all this week. This will be a cake walk.

appmaj
December 1st, 2009, 08:52 AM

Correct

appmaj
December 1st, 2009, 08:52 AM
Neither will play... in fact, most of the defense is hurt too. Richmond should not worry about the Mountaineers at all this week. This will be a cake walk.

Yeah lets analyze the UR/Nova semi match up xcoffeex

bigappfan10
December 1st, 2009, 02:11 PM
Seriously, anynews on Armanti? He looked slooooooooow on Saturday and I can see a repeat of last year if that's all he's got for this game.

T-Dog
December 1st, 2009, 03:31 PM
What sort of revenge are you, personally, expecting to bring?

http://www.appfan.com/blog/?p=2937

http://www.appfan.com/blog/?p=4485

You'll see. xsmiley_wix

ASU_Fanatic
December 1st, 2009, 03:44 PM
My dads friend talked to Steve Brown and Brownie told him that AE's injury is actually pretty serious. They said normally guys miss up to 6 weeks with this type of injury so he definitely wont be 100% the rest of his ASU career. He said he probably shouldn't be playing for his own sake, but he just doesn't want to let the team down. If he can't run and lower the shoulder when he does so, I see know way that we beat Richmond on the road.

BigHouseClosedEnd
December 1st, 2009, 03:52 PM
My dads friend talked to Steve Brown and Brownie told him that AE's injury is actually pretty serious. They said normally guys miss up to 6 weeks with this type of injury so he definitely wont be 100% the rest of his ASU career. He said he probably shouldn't be playing for his own sake, but he just doesn't want to let the team down. If he can't run and lower the shoulder when he does so, I see know way that we beat Richmond on the road.

Is 'Brownie' someone that fills sandbags for you guys? xlolx

ASU_Fanatic
December 1st, 2009, 03:53 PM
Is 'Brownie' someone that fills sandbags for you guys? xlolxNope, radio guy.