PDA

View Full Version : CSN The CAA Today: JOY & PAIN

CSN-info
November 27th, 2009, 04:17 PM
http://www.championshipsubdivisionnews.com/skins/andreas_01/img/ttcaatoday.JPG

The CAA Today: JOY & PAIN
Terence Thomas, Sr. CSN The CAA Today columnist

It’s always at the end, when we reflect on the beginning and everything else that has transpired in between. In our reflections, we smile at the successes or good times; we nod our heads at the disappointments. In ‘09, we experienced the “JOY” of watching our favorite football team for the past 12 weeks, and the “PAIN” of watching them stumble on occasion. On the eve of Labor Day weekend, we were filled with anticipation and high expectation of how our team would play. If our team was winning during the season, we had hope. If our team was around .500, we had questions. If our team was losing, we had anger. However our team performed, we watched them intently. We stayed with them. We hoped with them, we prayed with them. We fed off of their energy, and we felt their exhaust. When our players got hurt, we felt hurt. When our team scored, we scored. When our players felt the “JOY” of victory, we felt the “JOY” of victory. When our players felt the ‘PAIN” of loss, we too felt the “PAIN” of loss. When the season ended for our players, it also ended for us.

Read more ... (http://www.championshipsubdivisionnews.com/index.php/2009/11/27/the-caa-today-joy-aamp-pain?blog=5)

Poker Alan
November 27th, 2009, 07:10 PM
This writer lost all credibility with me, at the following line:

" I haven’t seen McNeese State play much this season, but in this writer’s opinion, they have not yet faced anyone that has been battle tested like UNH."

Griz0383
November 27th, 2009, 08:10 PM
They faced ASU and left town with the W! I would consider ASU battle tested!

APPS
November 27th, 2009, 09:50 PM
McNeese played us and won but they are not as battle tested as UNH and we aren't either. But in the playoffs it is another season.

tribe_pride
November 28th, 2009, 06:14 AM
If you look at the CAA teams responses to his other articles, you'll see that most are not impressed.

CSN-info
November 28th, 2009, 06:22 AM
If you look at the CAA teams responses to his other articles, you'll see that most are not impressed.

His picks are at 77%. xthumbsupx

McTailGator
November 28th, 2009, 07:30 AM

" I haven’t seen McNeese State play much this season, but in this writer’s opinion, they have not yet faced anyone that has been battle tested like UNH."

Sounds like he lacks respect for ASU and the entire SLC IMO.

Wildcat80
November 28th, 2009, 09:36 AM

If he's right he's now one of my favorites.....Go Wildcats!!xnodx

yorkcountyUNHfan
November 28th, 2009, 09:50 AM
If he's right he's now one of my favorites.....Go Wildcats!!xnodx

Always been one of my favorites.

I really loved him in "Those Magnificent Men and Their Flying Machines"

caribbeanhen
November 28th, 2009, 10:10 AM
Sounds like he lacks respect for ASU and the entire SLC IMO.
fine line between lack of respect and telling it like it is

Poker Alan
November 28th, 2009, 10:42 AM
McNeese played us and won but they are not as battle tested as UNH and we aren't either. But in the playoffs it is another season.

Seems as though McNeese was playing for its playoff life the last couple weeks of the regular season, had to win to get in, and the roadie at App. St. That is toughened sufficiently enough for playoffs. Yes, the CAA beat up on each other, but in the last 1/2 of the season, it was very clear that 'x' number of teams from that conference were going to make the playoffs, and were just playing for seeding/home game purposes. <shrug>, maybe I am just way off base here...

Old Cat Fan
November 28th, 2009, 05:01 PM

xcoffeex

WrenFGun
November 28th, 2009, 05:12 PM
Let's hope UNH can keep earning respect next week. They should already have it from the National Fanbase, but alas, they don't. Certainly have SLC respect now.

BDKJMU
November 28th, 2009, 05:15 PM

And Poker Alan you lost all credibility with your response..xnodx