PDA

View Full Version : One Incredibly Uninformed Lafayette Columnist

DFW HOYA
November 27th, 2009, 10:30 AM
I spotted this Q&A from a Georgetown blog in advance of Saturday's Hoyas-Leopards basketball game. The columnist is Michael LoRe of the Easton Express Times.

Blog: Both Lafayette and Georgetown play football in the Patriot League. Over the past five seasons, Lafayette has beaten Georgetown five times, by a combined score of 137-37. What are your thoughts of the Georgetown Football program?

LoRe: I wouldn't have known Georgetown had a football team if I didn't cover Lehigh and Lafayette. The Hoyas should either abolish the program and stick with basketball or drop to like Division III and maybe get more than two wins a year. And if I'm not mistaken, they don't have a football media guide and/or weekly game notes. I guess they're saving paper for the bball season.

Yes, you're mistaken.

Let's put aside the idea that a PL sports writer doesn't know about the Division I/III rule that's been in existence, oh, 17 years now. Why would he suggest there are no media guide or game notes? That's incredibly ill-informed. They're available at the media day and at the games (if, of course, he actually attended it, which he didn't, because it was Michael Blouse).

Or does LoRe not have the Internet at the E-T?

http://guhoyas.cstv.com/gameday/gu-09-fb-gameday.html

Seawolf97
November 27th, 2009, 10:36 AM
So let the Hoyas blow them out by 40 plus. Then remind them about D1 hoops and D1 football go hand in hand. Idiot !

ngineer
November 27th, 2009, 10:36 AM
I spotted this Q&A from a Georgetown blog in advance of Saturday's Hoyas-Leopards basketball game. The columnist is Michael LoRe of the Easton Express Times.

Blog: Both Lafayette and Georgetown play football in the Patriot League. Over the past five seasons, Lafayette has beaten Georgetown five times, by a combined score of 137-37. What are your thoughts of the Georgetown Football program?

LoRe: I wouldn't have known Georgetown had a football team if I didn't cover Lehigh and Lafayette. The Hoyas should either abolish the program and stick with basketball or drop to like Division III and maybe get more than two wins a year. And if I'm not mistaken, they don't have a football media guide and/or weekly game notes. I guess they're saving paper for the bball season.

Yes, you're mistaken.

Let's put aside the idea that a PL sports writer doesn't know about the Division I/III rule that's been in existence, oh, 17 years now. Why would he suggest there are no media guide or game notes? That's incredibly ill-informed. They're available at the media day and at the games (if, of course, he actually attended it, which he didn't, because it was Michael Blouse).

The Easton Express is a real rag. I live in Easton and do not subscribe to it. Most of their writers are lazy and don't do their homework--not just sports. Not to say the Morning Call out of Allentown is much better, but seem to try and make more of an effort without trying to 'spin a story' or 'creating an issue' as opposed to just reporting. Possibly a function of today's poor economic status of newspapers. They don't have resources and have downsized considerably, thereby making whatever staff they have left stretched too thin to do what should be done.

blukeys
November 27th, 2009, 10:43 AM
The Easton Express is a real rag. I live in Easton and do not subscribe to it. Most of their writers are lazy and don't do their homework--not just sports. Not to say the Morning Call out of Allentown is much better, but seem to try and make more of an effort without trying to 'spin a story' or 'creating an issue' as opposed to just reporting. Possibly a function of today's poor economic status of newspapers. They don't have resources and have downsized considerably, thereby making whatever staff they have left stretched too thin to do what should be done.

Both papers are loaded with biased ignorant homers. It is a wonder folks from that part of the world get any userful information at all.

Bogus Megapardus
November 27th, 2009, 10:45 AM

Yes, you're mistaken.

Methinks the Hoyas get the Big Payback Saturday at Noon!

Shame on the Express. I will send an e-mail to the paper, as a Lafayette fan, trying to set the record straight. As a publication covering Lafayette and the Patriot League, this is inexcusable.

Seawolf97
November 27th, 2009, 11:05 AM
Methinks the Hoyas get the Big Payback Saturday at Noon!

Shame on the Express. I will send an e-mail to the paper, as a Lafayette fan, trying to set the record straight. As a publication covering Lafayette and the Patriot League, this is inexcusable.

Football probably. Hoops Hoyes=Big East/National Power . Hoyas by 35 at least with clearing the benchxlolx

Schfourteenteen
November 27th, 2009, 11:08 AM

+1

Bogus Megapardus
November 27th, 2009, 11:10 AM
Both papers are loaded with biased ignorant homers. It is a wonder folks from that part of the world get any userful information at all.

Yeah, but they're our biased and ignorant homers, and thank God for them!

Still, no excuse for being just plain wrong on the facts about the Hoyas.