PDA

View Full Version : Interesting Tidbit About 2010 CAA Plans from KC Keeler Show

93henfan
November 26th, 2009, 09:14 AM
Just got done listening to the final KC Keeler show of the year, recorded last night:

http://www.wdsd.com/pages/bhensfootball.html?feed=374465&article=6273981

At the beginning of the final segment, he's asked about the 2010 schedule and changes that will need to be made based on Northeastern's departure. He mentioned that the original plan (as reported here) called for a revised 11-team schedule, which included Delaware traveling to Hofstra vice Northeastern.

Keeler stated that after the CAA conferences this week, that plan has now been scrapped. He says the CAA is leaning toward adding another team for football in 2010 (drumroll please) "from the New York area". When pressed, he said Fordham makes the most sense.

MR. CHICKEN
November 26th, 2009, 11:12 AM
AHHH....MO' RAMS ON OURAH SKED.....WEST CHESTER...RHODEY...NAVY...&...'HAM.......xnodx......AWK!

chiapet9
November 26th, 2009, 01:22 PM
why would Fordham make ANY sense?

Lehigh Football Nation
November 26th, 2009, 02:23 PM
Just got done listening to the final KC Keeler show of the year, recorded last night:

At the beginning of the final segment, he's asked about the 2010 schedule and changes that will need to be made based on Northeastern's departure. He mentioned that the original plan (as reported here) called for a revised 11-team schedule, which included Delaware traveling to Hofstra vice Northeastern.

Keeler stated that after the CAA conferences this week, that plan has now been scrapped. He says the CAA is leaning toward adding another team for football in 2010 (drumroll please) "from the New York area". When pressed, he said Fordham makes the most sense.

Wagner?

Fordham
November 26th, 2009, 02:27 PM
wow. very surprised by this, although the Northeastern thing certainly threw a wrench into the works. from everything I know from being very close to the school and program I know that a PL with scholarships was always our #1 hope/goal. I wonder if there have been other messages sent to our admin about on the PL scholarship front?

I do view this move as a sign-up for many years of beatings until we can upgrade our facilities, etc. to become competitive. Certainly would prefer a PL with scholarships v. competing with the resources of mostly state schools (but that's just me).

Mid-Atlantic
November 26th, 2009, 06:14 PM
they can't just wait 1 year for Old Dominion?

Go...gate
November 26th, 2009, 10:16 PM
wow. very surprised by this, although the Northeastern thing certainly threw a wrench into the works. from everything I know from being very close to the school and program I know that a PL with scholarships was always our #1 hope/goal. I wonder if there have been other messages sent to our admin about on the PL scholarship front?

I do view this move as a sign-up for many years of beatings until we can upgrade our facilities, etc. to become competitive. Certainly would prefer a PL with scholarships v. competing with the resources of mostly state schools (but that's just me).

I hope Fordham stays, but I am a lot more realistic than I was in the past. I think the handwriting is on the wall.

But if Fordham makes this move, someone needs to light a fire under Frank McLaughlin. The A-10 thing has been slow going and to have football have the same situation would be bad for the university in general.

DFW HOYA
November 26th, 2009, 10:45 PM

When would Fordham have to give notice for this? He's talking about next season.

MR. CHICKEN
November 26th, 2009, 11:26 PM
NOR'EASTER....IS BAILIN' OUTTAH DUH CAA....'CAUSE...JMU....BILL & MARE...RICHMOND......HAVE COMMITTED....MAJOR DUCATS FO' UPGRADES.....(NOT TA MENTION...DUH AD'S...SUCICIDAL SKED FETTISH)...CATCHIN' RECRUITS ATTENTION.....DUH HIGH COST O' COMPETITION...HAS BEEN RAISED TA UH NEW LEVEL......ANY SCHOOL WHO WANTS TA CALL CAA HOME.......GONNAH PONY UP.....O' BECOME UH DOOR-MAT.....SO IFIN' FO'HAM..WANTS IN....GONNAH COST YA 63 SKOLLIES....LORD KNOWS DUH PRICE ...O' PRETTY-UPPIN' DUH BRONX......STONEY/ALBANY YA WANNAH PIECE......BETTERAH ORGANIZE DUH...BAKE SALE.......SHEET........DELAWARE JES' BOUGHT DUH CHRYSLER PLANT......BUT WE CAIN'T GET...TA KEELER'S...WISH LIST....WHIFF OUT FLEECIN'....OURAH SENIOR CITIZEN FAN BASE.....xeekx....BRAWK!!

Go...gate
November 26th, 2009, 11:53 PM
NOR'EASTER....IS BAILIN' OUTTAH DUH CAA....'CAUSE...JMU....BILL & MARE...RICHMOND......HAVE COMMITTED....MAJOR DUCATS FO' UPGRADES.....(NOT TA MENTION...DUH AD'S...SUCICIDAL SKED FETTISH)...CATCHIN' RECRUITS ATTENTION.....DUH HIGH COST O' COMPETITION...HAS BEEN RAISED TA UH NEW LEVEL......ANY SCHOOL WHO WANTS TA CALL CAA HOME.......GONNAH PONY UP.....O' BECOME UH DOOR-MAT.....SO IFIN' FO'HAM..WANTS IN....GONNAH COST YA 63 SKOLLIES....LORD KNOWS DUH PRICE ...O' PRETTY-UPPIN' DUH BRONX......STONEY/ALBANY YA WANNAH PIECE......BETTERAH ORGANIZE DUH...BAKE SALE.......SHEET........DELAWARE JES' BOUGHT DUH CHRYSLER PLANT......BUT WE CAIN'T GET...TA KEELER'S...WISH LIST....WHIFF OUT FLEECIN'....OURAH SENIOR CITIZEN FAN BASE.....xeekx....BRAWK!!

That was a once-in-a-lifetime deal to increase campus space, however.

MR. CHICKEN
November 27th, 2009, 12:05 AM
YEAH...GOT IT 'GATE........SCI-FI CENTER....MO' IMPORTANT DAN....TD'S.......WHO CARES...'BOUT...WIND FARMS.......ICE FO' POLAR BEARS.....GREEN WEENIES ON PLANET # 696969.....DUH CHICKEN WANTS TA CLOBBERAH...DUH GRIZZWOLDS.....;)....DOODLE-DOO!

Seawolf97
November 27th, 2009, 10:14 AM
I think if any announcement is forthcoming this year it would impact the 2011 season. Many teams already have parts of their schedules in place for 2010 and to start dropping teams in January to accomodate a CAA schedule next fall would be a mess. I could see someone having a heavy dose of CAA OOC games next year to clear the slate of Northeasterns schedule. We have to see what happens if anything.

JMUNJ08
November 27th, 2009, 11:42 AM

I really think this will drag out through the new year. Once the holidays and playoffs are over we get the full story for 2010 and beyond...

Fordham
November 27th, 2009, 11:58 AM
why would Fordham make ANY sense?

I really don't know. I think the one thing that we bring is that we'd be a football affiliate v. a full sport member. That may be what they're looking for. Otherwise Stony Brook makes an infinite amount of more sense.

MR. CHICKEN
November 27th, 2009, 12:59 PM
KEELER AN' OTHERAH CAA HEAD HONCHOS......EVALUATIN' FILM......FO' WORFF-WHILE..... HUSKEY X-FERS.......WHOM......MAY WANNAH....FEEL DUH RUSH O' VICTORY....BRAWK/OBAMA/BIDEN!!

Go...gate
November 27th, 2009, 01:10 PM
I really don't know. I think the one thing that we bring is that we'd be a football affiliate v. a full sport member. That may be what they're looking for. Otherwise Stony Brook makes an infinite amount of more sense.

Good school, too. It would certainly add academic luster to the CAA, which already has its share of fine academic institutions.

Go...gate
November 27th, 2009, 01:28 PM
KEELER AN' OTHERAH CAA HEAD HONCHOS......EVALUATIN' FILM......FO' WORFF-WHILE..... HUSKEY X-FERS.......WHOM......MAY WANNAH....FEEL DUH RUSH O' VICTORY....BRAWK/OBAMA/BIDEN!!

Mr. Chicken, I hope Colgate is looking at a few of their players as well.

Seawolf97
November 27th, 2009, 02:04 PM
Good school, too. It would certainly add academic luster to the CAA, which already has its share of fine academic institutions.

Thanks for the props but we still have two more years on our contract with the Big South. So unless this plays out beyond the 2011 season I think we will stay with the Big South. Personally to switch conference s now would be a slap to the
Big South. We would probably have more to lose in reputation than gain . I think any change would be in 2011 , shooting for 2010 is ambitious at best. But who am I.
Dont overlook Albany in this mix. They could get to 60 or so scholarships by 2011 and are a bus ride from UNH, UMass, Maine and URI. This could speed up their stadium renovations they rightly deserve. Going to be interesting all around.

Dane96
November 27th, 2009, 02:15 PM
Thanks Seawolf...this is indeed interesting.

And supposedly, Albany can get to 53 tomorrow (the money has been banked)...and I think if that were the case we would be able to get 63 really quick; there are a few heavy hitting football alumni that have some serious coin to toss around.

CFBfan
November 27th, 2009, 02:41 PM

how close are you? I am just "somewhat close" to a coach who told me point blank, "we want to be in the CAA, they have a nice competetive football atmosphere on saturday's and academicaly it makes sense as well".......