PDA

View Full Version : officiating crews

clawman
November 25th, 2009, 01:21 PM
Does anyone know which crews will be covering which games??

Bam
November 25th, 2009, 06:46 PM
I feel sorry for the matchup that gets the OVC refs. They are garbage.

Cocky
November 25th, 2009, 06:56 PM
SEC refs will call them all.

WVAPPmountaineer
November 25th, 2009, 07:32 PM
Good luck with anyone who gets the SoCon crew - especially the crew with the white hat with the belly the size of Texas ----

AppStsGr8
November 25th, 2009, 07:50 PM
Good luck with anyone who gets the SoCon crew - especially the crew with the white hat with the belly the size of Texas ----

We have had some winners this year, haven't we? I realize every ref is going to make a bad call every now and then. It just seems the SoCon officiating I've seen this year has been lackluster. The good news (if one could call it good news) is that it seems to be fairly uniformly lackluster.

One "contest" we've had running all year is the "call count". Towards the end of the game, we start the list of which possible infractions haven't been called yet and start predicting which ones we'll see before the end of the game.

Bam
November 25th, 2009, 07:52 PM

This is a major sore spot with me. It appears the officiating has gotten worse in every conference. The officials should be graded out like a OL & given a score at the end of the week. Bad score=hit the road fatty. Hell the OVC refs cannot get the spot correct (i.e.- EKU's last play vs JSU) xbangx

ronpayne
November 25th, 2009, 08:02 PM
We have had some winners this year, haven't we? I realize every ref is going to make a bad call every now and then. It just seems the SoCon officiating I've seen this year has been lackluster. The good news (if one could call it good news) is that it seems to be fairly uniformly lackluster.

One "contest" we've had running all year is the "call count". Towards the end of the game, we start the list of which possible infractions haven't been called yet and start predicting which ones we'll see before the end of the game.

So true... my personal favorite so far is the "snap infractions" - what the heck, I mean, really? LOL.

Go Apps!

msusig
November 25th, 2009, 08:38 PM
The Big Sky Conference officials are calling the McNeese vs. New Hampshire game.xbangx

SCSUBULLDOG1
November 25th, 2009, 08:43 PM
MEAC officials have been bad in a few games but some game shave been decent (For MEAC this is great). Maybe we won't be the laughing stock of the playoff's this year. If you get the white female ref she calls a pretty good game.

biggie
November 25th, 2009, 08:44 PM
MEAC officials have been bad in a few games but some game shave been decent (For MEAC this is great). Maybe we won't be the laughing stock of the playoff's this year. If you get the white female ref she calls a pretty good game.
Compared to that '07 championship game they might not have been able to get worse.

SoCon has been horrible in 90% of the games I've seen this year.

McNeese72
November 25th, 2009, 09:13 PM
The Big Sky Conference officials are calling the McNeese vs. New Hampshire game.xbangx

Does that mean we can get away with holding????? :)

Doc

phoenixphanatic21
November 25th, 2009, 10:02 PM
So true... my personal favorite so far is the "snap infractions" - what the heck, I mean, really? LOL.

Go Apps!

My personal favorite was the morons who mispronounced Elon at Family Weekend.

WVAPPmountaineer
November 25th, 2009, 10:46 PM
With the SoCon refs keep in mind that APP has gone 8-0 the last 2 seasons in the SoCon so our complaints aren't based on "sour grapes" ----

montanafan
November 25th, 2009, 10:55 PM
Does that mean we can get away with holding????? :)

Doc

No, just don't cause a fumble and expect it to go your way. (Idaho game) and also whatever you do don't score on a punt return and expect that there will not be a penalty to bring it back, and lastly if you plan on passing into the end zone for a touchdown you better make sure that you only have one receiver in the game because you will be called for offensive pass interference for the other receiver that is no where near the play.

Good luck with those big sky refs. xthumbsdownx

Panthers_Blue
November 25th, 2009, 11:00 PM
I feel sorry for the matchup that gets the OVC refs. They are garbage.

Couldn't agree more!!!

They are clueless, like the time the one head offical left his mic on when they all huddled up and you could hear the refs talking about what they should do for a the spot of the ball. You could clearing understand no one had a clue. So they gueesed.

Plus they all openly admit to hating the drive to EIU.

McNeese72
November 26th, 2009, 12:11 AM
No, just don't cause a fumble and expect it to go your way. (Idaho game) and also whatever you do don't score on a punt return and expect that there will not be a penalty to bring it back, and lastly if you plan on passing into the end zone for a touchdown you better make sure that you only have one receiver in the game because you will be called for offensive pass interference for the other receiver that is no where near the play.

Good luck with those big sky refs. xthumbsdownx

You sure Tulane didn't hire them to ref our game with them in the SuperDome. Well, it was kickoff returns but the results were the same. :)

Doc

blukeys
November 26th, 2009, 12:20 AM

I have been watching MEAC refs for 20 years and they are terrible. They nearly lost control of the UD/Lafayette playoff game in 2004. SCSU may perform well but whoever gets the MEAC refs deserves our condolonces.

GannonFan
November 26th, 2009, 12:25 AM
I have been watching MEAC refs for 20 years and they are terrible. They nearly lost control of the UD/Lafayette playoff game in 2004. SCSU may perform well but whoever gets the MEAC refs deserves our condolonces.

Agreed - and this was established long before the championship game in '07. I remember talking to GreatAppSt at a tailgate before that game and I said I'd be fine as long as there isn't a MEAC officiating crew - lo and behold, we got one (and it didn't affect the outcome of the game, btw, but it sure didn't help). UD had a MEAC crew for a playoff game in the past and it was amazing - not a single measurement the entire game - anything that was remotely close was an instant first down. xnodx

Screamin_Eagle174
November 26th, 2009, 12:28 AM

Sorry to hear that. My condolences for the blown call that will decide the game. xlolx

McNeese72
November 26th, 2009, 12:35 AM
Sorry to hear that. My condolences for the blown call that will decide the game. xlolx

Damn, where are the SWAC officials when you need them. In our experiences with them, they let the players play and don't call much. :)

Doc

McNeese72
November 26th, 2009, 12:40 AM
A little bit of advice for whoever ends up with Southland Officials.

After a score, don't do anything that even resemembles celebrating that score. Example: In our game with Nicholls, a Nicholls runningback scores with the Nicholls mascot (Comrade Colonol or whatever they call him :) ) standing behind the endzone. The mascot held up his hand and the RB did a quick unplanned high five as he went by the mascot. There went the flag for excessive celebration.

Also, they are on a kick of flagging teams for not having enough players on the line of scrimmage if a lineman lines up a few inches short of it.

Doc

blukeys
November 26th, 2009, 01:18 AM
Agreed - and this was established long before the championship game in '07. I remember talking to GreatAppSt at a tailgate before that game and I said I'd be fine as long as there isn't a MEAC officiating crew - lo and behold, we got one (and it didn't affect the outcome of the game, btw, but it sure didn't help). UD had a MEAC crew for a playoff game in the past and it was amazing - not a single measurement the entire game - anything that was remotely close was an instant first down. xnodx

I didn't want to bring up 2007 as it might sound like sour grapes. I knew we were in trouble when the MEAC Ref. Kept saying "Penalty Delaware State".

Bam
November 26th, 2009, 01:40 AM
Couldn't agree more!!!

They are clueless, like the time the one head offical left his mic on when they all huddled up and you could hear the refs talking about what they should do for a the spot of the ball. You could clearing understand no one had a clue. So they gueesed.

Plus they all openly admit to hating the drive to EIU.

That part they did get right! xlolx

SCSUBULLDOG1
November 26th, 2009, 01:49 AM
I have seen meac officials measure for a first down and bring two fingers up to show the coach it was about 1/2 an inch.

GoAgs72
November 26th, 2009, 01:52 AM

Amen, Sreamin-Eagle174. Big Sky officials lost our game with Sac State last weekend. It was quite obvious on tape that one jerk over-ruled another who actually had the call right, That's not to say that Sac State didn't deserve to win based upon their 4th quarter performance.

R.A.
November 26th, 2009, 02:12 AM

Coaches ask for measurements.

Closed mouthes don't get fed.

R.A.
November 26th, 2009, 02:12 AM
I didn't want to bring up 2007 as it might sound like sour grapes. I knew we were in trouble when the MEAC Ref. Kept saying "Penalty Delaware State".

xlolxxlolx

GannonFan
November 26th, 2009, 02:15 AM
Coaches ask for measurements.

Closed mouthes don't get fed.

They asked plenty - doesn't mean the ref has to honor the request.

R.A.
November 26th, 2009, 02:21 AM
They asked plenty - doesn't mean the ref has to honor the request.

xlolxxlolx

Bribes help.

Panthers_Blue
November 26th, 2009, 02:30 AM
That part they did get right! xlolx

It is a longer drive than all other schools. But thats their job, get over! Don't go on and talk about how we are the "Yankee School" of the conference. xnonono2x

Had a close friend work the officials dressing room for about two years. There was one official on a couple different occasions who kept calling us the “Yankee School” and just how much he hated driving up here and how much of his game check was used getting to Charleston. xbawlingx

WestCoastAggie
November 26th, 2009, 03:39 AM
So it isn't just the MEAC with screwed up Officiating Crews. Who has the best in FCS? The CAA? The Ivy? NEC, perhaps?

WestCoastAggie
November 26th, 2009, 03:41 AM
xlolxxlolx

Bribes help.

Why the heck wouldn't a crew honor the request? That doesn't make any sense.

Also, fans of the MEAC do not condone the bribing of officials. xlolx

813Jag
November 26th, 2009, 04:59 AM
Damn, where are the SWAC officials when you need them. In our experiences with them, they let the players play and don't call much. :)

Doc
I'm surprised they didn't mistake your blue and yellow for Southern's then you wouldn't have gotten an calls. xlolx were you guys the home team? It's in their bylaws to not make a call against the home team. xlolx

I Bleed Purple
November 26th, 2009, 05:03 AM
Any fan like their conference refs?

kdinva
November 26th, 2009, 05:34 AM
I have seen meac officials measure for a first down and bring two fingers up to show the coach it was about 1/2 an inch.
......or, when the refs, after say a touchback, the offensive team runs a play that finishes with the ball straddling the 30, yet they want to measurexconfusedx. If after a touchback, the ball touches any part of the 30 yard line stripe, automatic first downxrulesx., correct?

paul1978
November 26th, 2009, 05:34 AM

xcoolx I liked the ref that called a un-sportsman like conduct when the Weber St receiver slowed down prior (slow jog) to getting into the end zone. Weber St couldn’t catch a break from the officials for that game. xeekx :o

kdinva
November 26th, 2009, 05:36 AM

The head ref in the VMI-LU game (Davenport; who "followed" us to Army the next week), uuggghhh!!xeekx (I am sure some LU folk will agree).........

kdinva
November 26th, 2009, 05:38 AM
xcoolx I liked the ref that called a un-sportsman like conduct when the Weber St receiver slowed down prior (slow jog) to getting into the end zone. Weber St couldn’t catch a break from the officials for that game. xeekx :o
Isn't that what Stokley, the Denver Bronco receiver, did near the end of the Bengal game, trying to use up 3 or 4 extra seconds... WTF.xthumbsdownxxnottalkingx

paul1978
November 26th, 2009, 05:43 AM
Isn't that what Stokley, the Denver Bronco receiver, did near the end of the Bengal game, trying to use up 3 or 4 extra seconds... WTF.xthumbsdownxxnottalkingx

The reciever went straight into the end zone, just slowed up. The closes defender was at least 5 yards away. I have no idea why the flag was thrown. Maybe the reciever winked at him on his way by. xnottalkingx

paul1978
November 26th, 2009, 06:08 AM
That may have been the Eagle receiver or they make a habit of that call.

You are right. I got the wrong team.

WVAPPmountaineer
November 26th, 2009, 06:30 AM
APP has been called 3 times this season for sideline interference - 15 yards - with the only explanation coming from coaches being that a coach made accidental contact with a ref - Has anyone else had that one called on them? ----

Grizo406
November 26th, 2009, 08:20 AM

Who did McTeam piss off?

Best of luck gettin' through this game without any "questionable" calls!!

LacesOut
November 26th, 2009, 09:51 AM
So lets dig a little deeper into this..................hmmmmmmmmmm.......why would any adult male want to be a ref??????

phillyAPP
November 26th, 2009, 09:56 AM
So lets dig a little deeper into this..................hmmmmmmmmmm.......why would any adult male want to be a ref??????

LMFAO !!!!

And if he did, Why would he do it and SUCK so badly?????????

follow the money is my guess, lmao ????

LacesOut
November 26th, 2009, 10:01 AM
follow the money is my guess, lmao ????

Yep!

That's what I'm thinking...........they do it for the.... HUGE AMOUNTS OF DOLLAZ!!

And probably for the...WOMENZZ! Females love a male in uniform, right?? Just look at all those girls who dress up in slutty Halloween Referee costumes...

http://img.costumecraze.com/images/vendors/rubies/888255-main.jpg

http://www.corporatethuggin.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/referee-hilarious.jpg

http://www.fantasiawear.com/ImagesCostumes/am1426-referee.jpg

phillyAPP
November 26th, 2009, 10:09 AM
Yep!

That's what I'm thinking...........they do it for the.... HUGE AMOUNTS OF DOLLAZ!!

And probably for the...WOMENZZ! Females love a male in uniform, right?? Just look at all those girls who dress up in slutty Halloween Referee costumes...

http://img.costumecraze.com/images/vendors/rubies/888255-main.jpg

http://www.corporatethuggin.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/referee-hilarious.jpg

http://www.fantasiawear.com/ImagesCostumes/am1426-referee.jpg

I would rather pay them to ref. I know i couldn't BOOO them if I wanted.

BRILLIANT !!!!!!! Lets get someone on the inside of the ref circle and get this change started. Halloween is just once a year. This could be something really fun.

The current bunch fromn across the country seem to suck in most peoples opinion.

My question is how do they even look at the tapes ??? They suck every week !

They cost teams games every week,fact.

McNeese72
November 26th, 2009, 10:18 AM
Hey, we have those types of refs in our tailgating area.

http://www.geauxcowboys-eastside.org/images/ssu09tgmillerlite.jpg

Doc

phillyAPP
November 26th, 2009, 10:20 AM
Hey, we have those types of refs in our tailgating area.

http://www.geauxcowboys-eastside.org/images/ssu09tgmillerlite.jpg

Doc

I can't wait to come to Lake Charles !!

Are all the Cowboy fans loaded with pic's ???

They should put those stripes on the field !!!

clawman
November 26th, 2009, 10:40 AM
A little bit of advice for whoever ends up with Southland Officials.

After a score, don't do anything that even resemembles celebrating that score. Example: In our game with Nicholls, a Nicholls runningback scores with the Nicholls mascot (Comrade Colonol or whatever they call him :) ) standing behind the endzone. The mascot held up his hand and the RB did a quick unplanned high five as he went by the mascot. There went the flag for excessive celebration.

Also, they are on a kick of flagging teams for not having enough players on the line of scrimmage if a lineman lines up a few inches short of it.

Doc

In the Eagles vs Grizzlies, Boyce catches a TD pass and as he crosses the goal line he slows down and the BSC official flagged him. Even the local color announcer questioned the petty call. The BSC commissioner agreed there were questionable calls and his officials were wrong.
I pitty the game that gets BSC zebras.

clawman
November 26th, 2009, 10:43 AM

That may have been the Eagle receiver or they make a habit of that call.

clawman
November 26th, 2009, 10:45 AM

Power trip