PDA

View Full Version : Jackson State Fires Offensive Coaches

hujo21
November 25th, 2009, 09:26 AM
http://www.clarionledger.com/article/20091124/SPORTS030101/91124031/JSU+s+Comegy+fires+offensive+coordinator

Jackson State offensive coordinator James Woody was fired Tuesday, three days after JSU completed a 3-7 season fraught with offensive problems.

Offensive line coach Bruce Johnson and director of football operations Jack Bush were also relieved of their duties, according to a news release from the school.

At $96,400 annually, Woody was the fourth-highest paid employee in the athletic department behind athletic director Bob Braddy, head football coach Rick Comegy and men’s basketball coach Tevester Anderson.

In an interview earlier today, Comegy denied that changes would be made. After the changes were announced, Comegy declined interview requests made through the school’s sports information department.

xsmileyclapxxsmileyclapxxsmileyclapx

Bam
November 25th, 2009, 06:50 PM
I would like to see this happen in Richmond KY as well.

DSUrocks07
November 25th, 2009, 09:18 PM
Comegy is definitely on the hot seat. Wouldn't be surprised if a move is made. (On his part either, remember this is Rick Comegy we're talking about here. see: Norfolk State)

paward
November 25th, 2009, 10:59 PM
I like Comegy he is a good person. His personal lose this year is heartfelt. But he is not the man for JSU. It saddens me to see what has happen to that program in a few years. I hope the powers the be see it and right the wrong that has happen to that ship. There was a time with you saw JSU take the field it was an awesome site and experience. i went to one game this year and it was just plain ole sad to see.