PDA

View Full Version : All Southland Team Named

McNeeserocket
November 25th, 2009, 02:43 AM
http://www.southland.org/ViewArticle.dbml?temp_site=NO&DB_OEM_ID=18400&ATCLID=204839743

Fourreau and Moses share Player of the Year
Hart and Knicky share Defensive Player of the Year
George is Offensive Player of the Year
Bronson is Freshman of the Year
Andre Banks is Newcomer of the Year
Harper is Coach of the Year

BEAR
November 25th, 2009, 03:59 AM
http://www.southland.org/ViewArticle.dbml?temp_site=NO&DB_OEM_ID=18400&ATCLID=204839743

Knicky deserved it! What a defender! xthumbsupx He's been solid his whole career! xbowx

sharkeycox
November 25th, 2009, 04:47 AM

can't argue with any of these! Congrats to all!xsmileyclapx

TexasTerror
November 25th, 2009, 05:05 AM
Very surprised to see ties at POTY and DPOTY.

George is the OPOTY, but is the Honorable Mention selection at QB - how amusing! These coaches need to put politics aside!

crossfire07
November 25th, 2009, 05:10 AM

that is a frickin joke. the 5th best pass efficient passer in the conference gets player of the year? only the Nicholls and Northwestern qb's were worst. maybe that was the conferences gift to him for kicking SFA in the nuts? lol

JohnStOnge
November 25th, 2009, 06:03 AM
Fourroux is the 1st team all conference quarterback. That's the bottom line and I'm glad to see it. He's been at least as good overall as any QB in the conference for three years now and he finally got his props.

TexasTerror
November 25th, 2009, 06:47 AM

that is a frickin joke. the 5th best pass efficient passer in the conference gets player of the year? only the Nicholls and Northwestern qb's were worst. maybe that was the conferences gift to him for kicking SFA in the nuts? lol

George is OPOTY because

1) It typically goes to a QB, especially in years when we have a lack of a game-changing WR and RB. This year, the RB corps (Pendland, Bush, Aston) was hurt by some injuries...

2) The other two QBs were named POTY.

BEAR
November 25th, 2009, 07:16 AM
George is OPOTY because

1) It typically goes to a QB, especially in years when we have a lack of a game-changing WR and RB. This year, the RB corps (Pendland, Bush, Aston) was hurt by some injuries...

If you mention Pendland, you gotta mention Grimes! He and Pendland are virtually the same beast stat-wise and both have a game left! Both have 17 TDs, both average about 120 APY per game, and both average about 10 pts a game. I wonder where they will go if they go pro?xsmileyclapx

txstatebobcat
November 25th, 2009, 07:35 AM
George is OPOTY because

You have to understand that after Karrington Bush, there is a pretty big drop off in talent at the RB position. with that in mind pretty much everyone in the SLC knew to just concentrate on the pass when going against TxSt.
Even then George led us to a 5-2 record in conference while passing close to 300 yards per game in SLC play. George also finished the second leading passer in SLC history.

Prominentwon
November 25th, 2009, 07:47 AM
Someone prove me wrong when I say that McNeese is going to have an incredible defense in the next 2 or 3 years. (Considering the scheme works out).

4 Jr.'s
1 Soph
2 Frosh

Plus some starters that are going to be beasts, IMO.

If we can find a QB, I'm not sure if I've ever seen McNeese so stacked.

crossfire07
November 25th, 2009, 07:57 AM
I was wrong. George finished 6th in pass efficiency in the SLC.

TXST_CAT
November 25th, 2009, 02:13 PM
Someone prove me wrong when I say that McNeese is going to have an incredible defense in the next 2 or 3 years. (Considering the scheme works out).

4 Jr.'s
1 Soph
2 Frosh

TXST defense returns on two deep roster
6-Jrs 4 started
6-So 2 started
7-Fr 1 started

lose 4 starting Srs. Our Future QB is a dual threat Qb with game time experience.

lionsrking2
November 25th, 2009, 04:04 PM
TXST defense returns on two deep roster
6-Jrs 4 started
6-So 2 started
7-Fr 1 started

lose 4 starting Srs. Our Future QB is a dual threat Qb with game time experience.

Southeastern Louisiana loses a starting corner (Brian Reynolds) and one starting LB (Quinten Pierre)...otherwise, everyone returns, including Tommy Connors (SS) and Devin Boutwell (DT), who both took a medical redshirts...

We return...

3 Freshmen starters - DE, DT, and CB
1 Sophomore - part-time starter at LB
8 Juniors who were starters or injured starters - DT, DT, DE, LB, LB, SS, FS, FS

All of our primary backups return...2010 should be our best defensive team since bringing football back.

Not to mention we return our entire offensive line, plus several skill players.

McNeese75
November 25th, 2009, 08:06 PM

4 Jr.'s
1 Soph
2 Frosh

I am not sure where you got your numbers from but we need to expand the conversation to better explain our excitement xthumbsupx

Currently listed on the defensive depth chart (and all are getting extensive experience this year)

1 Sr
10 Jr
7 Soph
8 Frosh

Starters

1 Sr
5 Jr
2 Soph
4 Frosh

I also anticipate we will get this year's Team Captain LB back who should get a medical redshirt after playing only 2 games. The Sr starter is playing his position now.

The starting secondary includes 3 Frosh and a Soph. - This unit had come on strong over the season so just how good will they be over the next three years xeekx

McNeese72
November 25th, 2009, 08:28 PM
I am not sure where you got your numbers from but we need to expand the conversation to better explain our excitement xthumbsupx

His numbers are the McNeese players on defense who were 1st, 2nd team, or honorable mention all-SLC, not the total numbers that we have back.

Doc

sharkeycox
November 25th, 2009, 10:38 PM
If you mention Pendland, you gotta mention Grimes! He and Pendland are virtually the same beast stat-wise and both have a game left! Both have 17 TDs, both average about 120 APY per game, and both average about 10 pts a game. I wonder where they will go if they go pro?xsmileyclapx

Grimes is a beast! Great back, obviously has a lot of heart!xthumbsupx

Prominentwon
November 25th, 2009, 11:08 PM
It's a shame that Pendland missed 3 games.