DFW HOYA
November 25th, 2009, 12:58 AM
Holy Cross: 7 first team, 15 overall
Lafayette, 5 first team, 13 overall
Lehigh, 5 first team, 10 overall
Colgate, 5 first team, 8 overall
Fordham, 4 first team, 8 overall
Bucknell, 2 first team, 4 overall

And since no one apaprently wanted to select someone from Georgetown, they chose the team's sixth leading tackler (sixth??) for a second team listing.

I asked people earlier this month if GU was going to get shut out on awards...and it nearly happened.

http://www.patriotleague.org/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/112409aaa.html

letsgopards04
November 25th, 2009, 01:46 AM
Two second team QBs is a lame cop out. Skelton should have been left off.

colorless raider
November 25th, 2009, 02:03 AM
Holy Cross: 7 first team, 15 overall
Lafayette, 5 first team, 13 overall
Lehigh, 5 first team, 10 overall
Lafayette, 5 first team, 8 overall
Fordham, 4 first team, 8 overall
Bucknell, 2 first team, 4 overall

And since no one apaprently wanted to select someone from Georgetown, they chose the team's sixth leading tackler (sixth??) for a second team listing.

I asked people earlier this month if GU was going to get shut out on awards...and it nearly happened.

http://www.patriotleague.org/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/112409aaa.html

Ah, Colgate had a few....

ngineer
November 25th, 2009, 08:15 AM
Two second team QBs is a lame cop out. Skelton should have been left off.

I don't see anything wrong with it. Both Curley and Skelton are quality QBs, but each had a different skill set and Curley had a much better team around him. Skelton has a major league arm and put up tremendous numbers. Curley an excellent 'manager' of an offense. Why not honor both?

letsgopards04
November 26th, 2009, 01:32 AM
I don't see anything wrong with it. Both Curley and Skelton are quality QBs, but each had a different skill set and Curley had a much better team around him. Skelton has a major league arm and put up tremendous numbers. Curley an excellent 'manager' of an offense. Why not honor both?

Because unless it is some sort of crazy wildcat formation there are not two QBs on the field at once. Pick one or the either. I'd prefer Curley but just pick one. Why not just have Curley, Skelton and Randolph as a 1st team three headed monster then. I think none of them were out of each other's league.

Sader87
November 26th, 2009, 06:08 AM
1st team is a joke...HC doesn't deserve 4 1st team defensive starters...

colorless raider
November 26th, 2009, 07:45 AM
1st team is a joke...HC doesn't deserve 4 1st team defensive starters...

Unwritten rule: PL winner gets the most players. Stupid but look it up; never fails.

ngineer
November 26th, 2009, 09:01 AM
Unwritten rule: PL winner gets the most players. Stupid but look it up; never fails.

very true.xsmhx

DFW HOYA
November 26th, 2009, 09:22 AM
Why wasn't Georgetown LB Nick Parrish selected, who had 55 more tackles than GU's only selection?

DFW HOYA
November 26th, 2009, 09:23 AM
Why wasn't Georgetown LB Nick Parrish selected, who had 55 more tackles than GU's only selection?

CFBfan
November 26th, 2009, 10:32 AM
I only have one beef: how did Leigh TE Alex Wojdowski, who led the team in TDs with 7, get left off the team entirely?

new to this....how are the selections made?

Lehigh Football Nation
November 26th, 2009, 11:36 AM
I only have one beef: how did Leigh TE Alex Wojdowski, who led the team in TDs with 7, get left off the team entirely?

ngineer
November 26th, 2009, 03:37 PM
new to this....how are the selections made?

Only the coaches vote, and the cannot vote for their own players.

DFW HOYA
November 26th, 2009, 03:45 PM

Ouch. PL coaches must really have a low opinion of the Hoyas: only four first team selections and only 10 second round picks in nine years. The pre-Coen Lehigh teams could get that many in a year.

CFBfan
November 27th, 2009, 11:41 AM

thanks. that's fair and all players are judged the same way but the vote is primarily based on 1 or 2 games, the one that is played against you as a coach and possibly the one that you review on film to game plan with. Other than that "reputation" likely plays into it. "just saying"