PDA

View Full Version : Bobby Lamb

OL FU
November 24th, 2009, 06:58 PM
Reported on the uffp that the AD announced that Lamb would return as head coach next year.

I know all you ASU fans are happy and, actually, so am I (damn can't get any smiley's to work)

http://www.furmanpaladins.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/112309aad.html

Piece by the AD on the football programs success over the last ten years. I think when most read this they knew the answer to the Lamb question.

From 2000-09 Furman's head-to-head records against current SoCon opponents include: vs. Chattanooga (10-0), vs. Samford (4-0), vs. Western Carolina (9-1), vs. Elon (8-2), vs. The Citadel (7-3), vs. Wofford (7-3), vs. Georgia Southern (6-5), vs. Appalachian State (2-9).

Man that last one sucks

Now, while I said I was happy, I do believe that large improvement is required next year or this topic of conversation will get even more heated in Paladin Land. I, also, think if we can get good QB play out of either Forcier or Worley we will see that improvement.

Oh yeah the defense has to get better too.

ASUG8
November 24th, 2009, 07:29 PM
congrats, I guess :D I mean, the ASU fans are happy anyway. xhurrayx

OL FU
November 24th, 2009, 07:47 PM
Interestingly enough ( or maybe not interesting at all), while the spread will not be abandoned I think you will see an offense that looks more like the FU offense of 2001 and 2002 when Napier was the QB. More running, more option. The two leading candidates for QB look like those types of QBs.

catamount man
November 24th, 2009, 08:13 PM
Still can't believe we've only beaten Bobby once. Man, we've let so many chances slip through our paws. 2002, 2003, and 2008 should've ALL been Catamount wins, but shoulda woulda coulda.

I know you like Lamb, but IMO, he's got to go at least 8-3 next year to stay in Gville. We play you guys, I've gotten from 3p info, October 16 next year.

GO CATS!!!

GaSouthern
November 24th, 2009, 08:35 PM
I had no idea Lamb had such great stats against all the SoCon schools! Quite an accomplishment!

OL FU
November 24th, 2009, 08:37 PM
I had no idea Lamb had such great stats against all the SoCon schools! Quite an accomplishment!

I agree, but you do have to realize the stats were for the decade. Bobby wasn't the head coach for the first two years. My guess is that some of the stats would even up taking those two years out. Wofford, Citadel and Elon's would be closer. I think the others would be about the same.

CharlestonAppFan
November 24th, 2009, 08:49 PM
Reported on the uffp that the AD announced that Lamb would return as head coach next year.

I know all you ASU fans are happy and, actually, so am I (damn can't get any smiley's to work)

http://www.furmanpaladins.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/112309aad.html

Piece by the AD on the football programs success over the last ten years. I think when most read this they knew the answer to the Lamb question.

Man that last one sucks

Now, while I said I was happy, I do believe that large improvement is required next year or this topic of conversation will get even more heated in Paladin Land. I, also, think if we can get good QB play out of either Forcier or Worley we will see that improvement.

Oh yeah the defense has to get better too.

xhurrayxxhurrayxxhurrayxxhurrayxxhurrayxxhurrayxxh urrayx

xbowxxbowxxbowxxbowx

:D

Good choice Furmies! xnodxxlolx