PDA

View Full Version : LEHIGH Schedule for 2010

ngineer
November 24th, 2009, 07:33 AM
In the program for the Lafayette Game was the Mountain Hawk's schedule for 2010:

9/4 @ Drake
9/11 Villanova
9/18 Princeton
9/25 @New Hampshire

10/2 Fordham
10/9 BYE
10/16 Harvard
10/23 Bucknell
10/30 Colgate

11/6 @Holy Cross
11/13 @Georgetown
11/20 @Lafayette, The 146th Meeting

Hope we have a home game in November.;)

LUHawker
November 24th, 2009, 09:05 AM
In the program for the Lafayette Game was the Mountain Hawk's schedule for 2010:

9/4 @ Drake
9/11 Villanova
9/18 Princeton
9/25 @New Hampshire

10/2 Fordham
10/9 BYE
10/16 Harvard
10/23 Bucknell
10/30 Colgate

11/6 @Holy Cross
11/13 @Georgetown
11/20 @Lafayette, The 146th Meeting

Hope we have a home game in November.;)

That is a good looking schedule. Tough OOC next year.

Sader87
November 24th, 2009, 09:05 AM
Drake???

Go...gate
November 24th, 2009, 09:06 AM
Nice schedule.

Colgate is set for 2010, but we now have two open dates in 2011 and three in 2012.

Ivytalk
November 24th, 2009, 09:24 AM
The Harvard media guide shows October 16 as a HARVARD home game. On the road against Lafayette. 2010 is the last year of the Harvard-Lehigh series for awhile. Holy Cross goes off a year later. Harvard schedule still shows one open date for 2011 and another in 2012.

Bogus Megapardus
November 24th, 2009, 09:28 AM
The Harvard media guide shows October 16 as a HARVARD home game. On the road against Lafayette. 2010 is the last year of the Harvard-Lehigh series for awhile. Holy Cross goes off a year later. Harvard schedule still shows one open date for 2011 and another in 2012.

I'm guessing that Harvard will drop the PL as a whole as we devolve further into our ideological schizophrenia.

ngineer
November 24th, 2009, 11:11 AM
Drake???

Return visit from their visit to Goodman in 2008. Pretty good opener. We should be favored, though Drake had a decent year this year, and having a long trip to Iowa won't be easy in itself.

ngineer
November 24th, 2009, 11:13 AM

We may have to litigate this! I checked again, and it has Harvard at Goodman on 10/16

Ivytalk
November 24th, 2009, 06:02 PM
I'm guessing that Harvard will drop the PL as a whole as we devolve further into our ideological schizophrenia.

Yeah, I saw we added San Diego in 2012. I'd much rather rotate among the PL. Not too long ago, we played Fordham, Bucknell and Colgate. In fact, a loss to Bucknell was the only blemish on Harvard's '97 Ivy Championship team's record.

LehighFan11
November 24th, 2009, 09:08 PM
@ UNH? Thats a pleasant surprise.

Bogus Megapardus
November 24th, 2009, 09:13 PM
Yeah, I saw we added San Diego in 2012. I'd much rather rotate among the PL. Not too long ago, we played Fordham, Bucknell and Colgate. In fact, a loss to Bucknell was the only blemish on Harvard's '97 Ivy Championship team's record.

Are the Crimson traveling to San Diego? That could be a nice trip if the team can work in a little study time while there. I'd like to see San Diego or Cal Poly SLO on our schedule.

Go...gate
November 24th, 2009, 09:19 PM
Are the Crimson traveling to San Diego? That could be a nice trip if the team can work in a little study time while there. I'd like to see San Diego or Cal Poly SLO on our schedule.

You have been reading far too many deposition transcripts. I am quite familiar with the disease. :D

Hopefully, they will get a chance to study a few blondes while out there. That sounds more like it. xsmiley_wix :)

ngineer
November 25th, 2009, 08:31 AM
@ UNH? Thats a pleasant surprise.

Yes, and I think they make the trip to Goodman in 2011.

Ivytalk
November 25th, 2009, 09:09 AM

I think it's a home game, probably the front end of a home-and-home.

RichH2
November 25th, 2009, 08:14 PM
Bogus,

"ideological scizophrenia" perhaps the most apt description of PL angst over identity.

Pard4Life
November 25th, 2009, 08:23 PM
Now THIS is a real schedule. Good job AD. Wish we could take one of your Nova-UNH games. We get Stony Brook. Thank you, Eve Atkinson.

Are you paying attention, Colgate? (Props for Furman though).

colorless raider
November 25th, 2009, 08:26 PM

Your AD has turned down games with Colgate.xcoolx

Franks Tanks
November 25th, 2009, 08:27 PM
Now THIS is a real schedule. Good job AD. Wish we could take one of your Nova-UNH games. We get Stony Brook. Thank you, Eve Atkinson.

Are you paying attention, Colgate? (Props for Furman though).

Agree. I wish we had 3 Ivies (Penn, Columbia, and perhaps Princeton) for tradition and ideology, one CAA or SoCon for a real test, and one cupcake like Marist for a hopeful easy win.

If we are going to play a Big South team I would like to see VMI.

Stony Brook is a quality team but does nothing for me. If we win its a "you should win anyway" game and if we lose its a "bad loss" situation.

DFW HOYA
November 25th, 2009, 09:06 PM
Agree. I wish we had 3 Ivies (Penn, Columbia, and perhaps Princeton) for tradition and ideology, one CAA or SoCon for a real test, and one cupcake like Marist for a hopeful easy win.

"Hopeful easy win"? That's what the Hoyas figured, too.

Same with old Dominion, who may be the toughest oppponent on the GU schedule by the time the series ends.

Franks Tanks
November 25th, 2009, 09:13 PM
"Hopeful easy win"? That's what the Hoyas figured, too.

Same with old Dominion, who may be the toughest oppponent on the GU schedule by the time the series ends.

We smashed Marist the last few times we played them-- like 49-0 and we took our starters out in the 3rd quarter. I understand Marist is improved, but they should be an easy win for the Pards.

No offense but no team in FCS would be an easy win for the Hoya's.

DFW HOYA
November 25th, 2009, 09:19 PM
No offense but no team in FCS would be an easy win for the Hoyas.

So why is this--talent or coaching?

Franks Tanks
November 25th, 2009, 09:28 PM
So why is this--talent or coaching?

Both but more coaching. In my limited intercation and viewing of the Hoya's I would say the talent is deficient, but coaching is the main problem.

Kelly and his staff are ultimately responsible for the talent level of the Hoya's. Yes the funds and stadium are lacking, but Georgetwon should as least be able to recruit the kind of talent that Dayton or Drake has, but I am not sure that is the case. We hear stories from parents of kids at other PL schools that say "my kid liked the Hoyas and he had the grades, but all of a sudden Kelly stopped recruiting him. He now starts at another PL school" I have heard this a few times over the years.

Also the coaching staff simply doesnt put the players in a position to win. Kelly needs to go ASAP IMO.

FloridaDog
November 25th, 2009, 09:48 PM
Drake???

I think you'll find the Bulldogs to be much stronger than in 2008...

Bogus Megapardus
November 25th, 2009, 10:15 PM
Bogus,

"ideological scizophrenia" perhaps the most apt description of PL angst over identity.

I strive for aptness. :)

RichH2
November 25th, 2009, 10:59 PM
Aha, so its trueyou opt for apt.xnodx

Bogus Megapardus
November 25th, 2009, 11:08 PM
Aha, so its trueyou opt for apt.xnodx

Yep, I opt for apt; ipse dixit.

Doc QB
November 26th, 2009, 12:06 AM
To get back on point....LU 2010 schedule that is...

I think it is great to have two CAA teams on, whether they are top ones consistently or not, we should want to play those kinds of games. The reasons are legion, and discussed here all the time. Playing 'Nove often I think is very important...I'd like to think we go after some of the same PA-NJ area kids and they get most of 'em, faster ones. Playing them only helps us trying to get a few, full schollies or not. Same true for more local Ivy's, UPenn and Princeton, but we only have Princeton on schedule, and despite our lack of recent successes against them, would rather play UPenn. Still enjoy the Harvard series though. And, having UNH on docket is good simply to have another yardstick game against a national program.

Schedules like this show us if we can compete or not, draw better recruits (hopefully), allow us to make stronger statements for post season at larges (not saying Lehigh will be deserving of one, but strength of schedule, quality wins is obviously lacking in PL as a whole from year to year). I wiould take this over playing a whole slate of Ivys any day, even at the risk of more in the "L" column. Much better balance in 2010 no matter how we do.

RichH2
November 27th, 2009, 07:40 AM
Agree doc,

Penn s/b on our schedule given our history. Always hated those guys. In my day they always seemed to suit up 300 kids vs our 40 or 50, if we included the coaches. Surprisingly to me, I would like to see Albany more often. 2 CAA, 2 ivies and 1 wildcard,ie out of area , Elon , Wofford, Liberty.

Bogus,
I will raise your ipse dixit with 2 res ipsas and trump you with a stare decisis. There you goxrulesx

CFBfan
November 27th, 2009, 07:56 AM
Both but more coaching. In my limited intercation and viewing of the Hoya's I would say the talent is deficient, but coaching is the main problem.

Kelly and his staff are ultimately responsible for the talent level of the Hoya's. Yes the funds and stadium are lacking, but Georgetwon should as least be able to recruit the kind of talent that Dayton or Drake has, but I am not sure that is the case. We hear stories from parents of kids at other PL schools that say "my kid liked the Hoyas and he had the grades, but all of a sudden Kelly stopped recruiting him. He now starts at another PL school" I have heard this a few times over the years.

Also the coaching staff simply doesnt put the players in a position to win. Kelly needs to go ASAP IMO.

EXACTLY!!!

CFBfan
November 27th, 2009, 08:03 AM

If not, if GU doesn't get this coach out NOW!! what are they doing.....put it off for one more year?? Does anyone think that after four straight years of awful, just awful coaching/football this guy and this staff are suddenly going to turn things around??? keeping this staff will just push the program back even further than it already has been by these guy's. We all know the defintion of insanity...........