PDA

View Full Version : Southeastern La. Selects AD

TexasTerror
November 24th, 2009, 03:33 AM
Announcement tomorrow afternoon - 2 p.m. CT - from what I gather.

The rumblings that I am hearing is that it is a former AD from a Division I school. Contacted a source of mine east a state or two of here to see if he can confirm.

If anyone finds confirmation on the name from a media source before I 'return' here, please let me know.

TexasTerror
November 24th, 2009, 03:56 AM
Release re: presser...

HAMMOND - Southeastern Louisiana University has called a press conference for 2 p.m. on Tuesday to introduce its new Director of Athletics.

The press conference will take place at the Southeastern Alumni Association Center (500 West University Ave.).

http://www.lionsports.net/news/2009/11/23/GEN_1123090712.aspx?path=general

lionsrking2
November 24th, 2009, 04:34 AM

The rumblings that I am hearing is that it is a former AD from a Division I school. Contacted a source of mine east a state or two of here to see if he can confirm.

If anyone finds confirmation on the name from a media source before I 'return' here, please let me know.

Unless something changed over the last day or two, it's not who you're thinking it is...the name you're hearing is who we all thought it would be up until a couple of weeks ago...we'll find out tomorrow.

TexasTerror
November 24th, 2009, 05:49 AM
Why wait...

W. Bart Bellairs

http://www.neworleans.com/sports/local-sports-news/slu-news/268606-bart-bellairs-chosen-as-new-southeastern-louisiana-athletic-director.html

TxState_GO_CATS!
November 24th, 2009, 05:56 AM
xeekxxeekx FROM SAVANNAH STATE?!?!?! You're kidding, right? (although VMI's basketball teams weren't terrible during his reign there...)

SELA, you could have done much better.

xtwocentsx

lionsrking2
November 24th, 2009, 06:04 AM
xeekxxeekx FROM SAVANNAH STATE?!?!?! You're kidding, right? (although VMI's basketball teams weren't terrible during his reign there...)

SELA, you could have done much better.

xtwocentsx

I don't care where he comes from as long as he's innovative, understands the community and can get the job done...having said that, based on knowing who the four finalists were, I agree we had an opportunity to hire someone with a much more proven track record, and more "skins on the wall" so to speak...but, we hired who we hired and he'll have my full support.

TxState_GO_CATS!
November 24th, 2009, 06:10 AM
I don't care where he comes from as long as he's innovative, understands the community and can get the job done...having said that, based on knowing who the four finalists were, I agree we had an opportunity to hire someone with a much more proven track record, and more "skins on the wall" so to speak...but, we hired who we hired and he'll have my full support.

xthumbsupx agree with the attitude, but just thought with football having some forward momentum, you guys may have hired someone a little more "successful."

good luck though.

GeauxLions94
November 24th, 2009, 06:57 AM

Look for that guy to possibly show up in Myrtle Beach xrotatehx