PDA

View Full Version : Biddle signs through 2011

colgate13
December 21st, 2005, 07:15 AM
The University is announcing (http://athletics.colgate.edu/football/release.asp?id=4448) a 2 year extension that keeps Coach Biddle with the program through 2011 (at least!).

I like this quote:

“I am very pleased to be able to continue my coaching career at Colgate,” said Biddle. “This enables us to maintain the Colgate football tradition and let’s me finish my career at the place I want to be.”

What a guy! :hurray::hyped::hurray::hyped:

Given the fact the PL will have 3 new head coaches this year, I love this stability!

carney2
December 21st, 2005, 10:11 AM
Crap!!

colgate13
December 21st, 2005, 10:18 AM
The local paper has a story (http://www.uticaod.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20051221/SPORTS/512210311/1030). Best quote not in the original release:

"I'm happy at Colgate as long as they're committed to winning, and I'm not looking for anything," Biddle said. "They've been very good to me at Colgate.

"I've never really applied for another job, and the only one I interviewed for was at Duke (in 2003). That didn't work out. But then again, they were 1-10 this year and we were 8-4."

Two things. First, funny as hell stab at Duke for not hiring him! Second, that 'committed to winning' piece speaks volumes to me. From Biddle's perspective, he sees Colgate doing all it can to win (maybe even working on PL scholarships?)

I also didn't realize that Biddle is 11 wins away from passing Andy Kerr as the all time wins leader at Colgate. Here's to hoping that he passes him... IN 2006! xprost2x:beerchug:xprost2x

SunCoastBlueHen
December 21st, 2005, 10:31 AM
Biddle has been a very successful coach at 'gate and seems to be a class act. Well deserved!

Go...gate
December 21st, 2005, 10:47 AM
Colgate has been blessed to have Biddle; he truly resurrected the program. Great news! :) :hurray:

Pard4Life
December 21st, 2005, 01:38 PM
Probably the best news of thier off-season, and the worst news of ours. Does that mean the losing streak will balloon to 16 now? :bang:

colgate13
December 21st, 2005, 01:53 PM
Probably the best news of thier off-season, and the worst news of ours. Does that mean the losing streak will balloon to 16 now? :bang:

You might be wrong on both points.

I think we'll have some better off-season news in regards to a transfer or two (not many think Biddle will go anywhere anyway), and I think you should keep your fingers crossed that Lehigh doesn't pluck your OC away.

But on the last point, I think you're dead on! ;):rotateh:xazzxxazzxxazzx:p

ngineer
December 21st, 2005, 09:17 PM
What's left to rename at the stadium? I think the home stands are named after Dunlap, no? The stadium is named Kerr--is the field up for 'Bid'? ;)

I think you guys are very fortunate to keep him there. At his age, it would have to have been a real plum offer to move him. Resurrecting 'gate has lead to a good growing troika among CU, LC and LU.

blukeys
December 21st, 2005, 09:37 PM
I remember watching Biddle being doused by his players in '03 after beating Fla Atlantic and thinking this is a guy who is comfortable in his own skin and he knows who he is.

I think Biddle is an excellent coach but more important than that he appears to be the best fit for Colgate. He knows and believes in Colgate's mission and makes THAT his priority as well as producing a winner.

Anyone who has seriously watched Colgate knows that Biddle gets the most from his players and that they are committed to him and thereby the Colgate Program. This decision by Colgate is nothing but a win-win. Best of Luck Gate!!!!

ngineer
December 21st, 2005, 09:45 PM
The only way you could top this '13' would be to have an OC named Bailey and a DC named Banks. Then you'd have a complete gem of a staff! :D

colgate13
December 22nd, 2005, 09:48 PM
You're dead on bluekeys. The players that come here for Biddle would go through a brick wall for him. He is all about the kids; understands the demands they have as students and will support them through thick and thin if you give him your all.

"Biddle Field" at Andy Kerr stadium is likely a possibility - if there isn't some new building of football facilities that could hold his name.

blukeys
December 22nd, 2005, 10:08 PM
You're dead on bluekeys. The players that come here for Biddle would go through a brick wall for him. He is all about the kids; understands the demands they have as students and will support them through thick and thin if you give him your all.

"Biddle Field" at Andy Kerr stadium is likely a possibility - if there isn't some new building of football facilities that could hold his name.

Please give Biddle his own building stadium or whatever. I hate "Tubby Raymond Field at Delaware Stadium" Either name the facility for the guy or don't!!!

I admire the football aspect of the coaching job Biddle has done and respect the fact that Colgate is willing to reward him for his efforts with a long term contract. Colgate in this action recognizes that they have a coach who is committed to the total and complete development of his players as students and human beings. The quest for football excellence is in fact a quest for finding the best within ourselves. The Great Coaches at any and all levels strive to bring those qualities out in all of their charges. This is my view of Biddle. He is a great guy trying to bring the best out in all of his players! :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray:

colgate13
December 22nd, 2005, 10:13 PM
Please give Biddle his own building stadium or whatever. I hate "Tubby Raymond Field at Delaware Stadium" Either name the facility for the guy or don't!!!

I'll agree with you there! Maybe we can rename our ski hill after him since the players have spent more than one time running up it? "Biddle Hill" :p

Pard4Life
December 22nd, 2005, 10:59 PM
You might be wrong on both points.

I think we'll have some better off-season news in regards to a transfer or two (not many think Biddle will go anywhere anyway), and I think you should keep your fingers crossed that Lehigh doesn't pluck your OC away.

But on the last point, I think you're dead on! ;):rotateh:xazzxxazzxxazzx:p

Way to rub it in colgate 13... :(

Lehigh Football Nation
December 23rd, 2005, 12:26 AM
Colgate in this action recognizes that they have a coach who is committed to the total and complete development of his players as students and human beings. The quest for football excellence is in fact a quest for finding the best within ourselves. The Great Coaches at any and all levels strive to bring those qualities out in all of their charges. This is my view of Biddle. He is a great guy trying to bring the best out in all of his players! :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray:

Of course, if you're at Lehigh, you run guys like this out of town, since they "only" have a 44-14 record. I guess most of our fans would rather have Bobby Collins coaching and get to the I-AA playoffs than "great guys trying to get the most out of our players". :mad: :mad: :mad:

colgate13
December 23rd, 2005, 07:31 AM
Way to rub it in colgate 13... :(

Thank you. I have until October 27, 2006 to continue to do so!!!! :p